Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
208,000XP for parking a Sunderer at Auraxicom Network Hub and then doing chores while sporadically stopping by to drop ammo. I think the "first AA" choice is immediately defaulted to WALKER YOU IDIOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everybody hype the poo poo out of this match on orders chat, was talking about it last night and got a ton of "what the hell?" tells

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I made a dumb and lovely voicepack featuring MC Ride of Death Grips yelling at things. I would make a video but :effort:

https://mega.co.nz/#!SlsFxITY!yVlR-sEYnli3rDZUShvpas2XbS4L_ksT2edecqFdHDM

I got lazy with it near the end and re-used a bunch of lines for stuff, I may one day go through and update them to all be mostly unique, its like at 70% now

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

ToiletDuckie posted:

208,000XP for parking a Sunderer at Auraxicom Network Hub and then doing chores while sporadically stopping by to drop ammo. I think the "first AA" choice is immediately defaulted to WALKER YOU IDIOT.

HA HA! I was wondering who the lucky vanu was that parked their sunderer near the stairs. God drat the NC couldn't touch the inside of that base. It was a great farm for both sides.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
When I unlocked the healing needle thing it unlocked for all of my classes. Then I unlocked C4 and it shows up unlocked on my other classes (no red border, sorted with unlocked items) but I can't equip it on any class other than the one I first unlocked it on. Is this a bug or do I need to re-unlock it for other classes?

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Broose posted:

HA HA! I was wondering who the lucky vanu was that parked their sunderer near the stairs. God drat the NC couldn't touch the inside of that base. It was a great farm for both sides.

Yeah, I didn't expect that to happen. I knew the NC would be coming since the two adjacent places were falling, but I didn't even know I could park there until I experimented with driving up the stairs and I really didn't expect that Sunderer to be the MVP of a 2-3 hour war. I thought it would be a "deploy here, AFK 20 minutes, come back to a dead Sunderer and ~10,000XP" thing.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fina posted:

When I unlocked the healing needle thing it unlocked for all of my classes. Then I unlocked C4 and it shows up unlocked on my other classes (no red border, sorted with unlocked items) but I can't equip it on any class other than the one I first unlocked it on. Is this a bug or do I need to re-unlock it for other classes?

It's the latter because SOE is a lovely, greedy company. Proximity mines (Inf + Engi) also need to be unlocked for each class. Medkits (and restoration kits, which are straight up worse 99% of the time and it's incredibly dumb that they exist) are the only exception.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET
Good luck in the Server Smash boys, let screedom ring. :patriot:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

COME BACK WITH YOUR SHIELD, OR COME BACK ON IT

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Oh Emerald my Emerald, I lay my life for thee, fighting vs and tr with a giant wall of scree.

Our vangaurd columns shall melt your tanks, our anchors will destroy your ranks. The swamp will be ours, all hills puddles and towers. by the end of the second hour, connery will be quite sour. Our reavers will control the sky, raining rockets until you die.

The life the NC is tough, and a single hex is not enough, we will push the lane and make them hurt, getting all the delicious certs. It's a smash so I'm told, Connery is going to get Emrolled.

Emerald ProseOPs OP. nerf pls/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No_talent posted:

Oh Emerald my Emerald, I lay my life for thee, fighting vs and tr with a giant wall of scree.

Our vangaurd columns shall melt your tanks, our anchors will destroy your ranks. The swamp will be ours, all hills puddles and towers. by the end of the second hour, connery will be quite sour. Our reavers will control the sky, raining rockets until you die.

The life the NC is tough, and a single hex is not enough, we will push the lane and make them hurt, getting all the delicious certs. It's a smash so I'm told, Connery is going to get Emrolled.

Emerald ProseOPs OP. nerf pls/

Nice! Bring this one along on Sunday!

I think the Orion may win in kills, as the NC's superior selection of fun and effective guns has out HAs apparently split between Anchor/EM6/Cyclone :whatup:

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

They really need to start giving other servers a handicap against Emerald. Like a 5 minute head start on bases or something.

"I'm seeing Connery winning 1 on 1 but Emerald just keeps grouping up."

dirty nub fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 25, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can someone link the stats feed without the twitch stream video? My poor decrepit iPhone 4 can't handle it :(

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Epic High Five posted:

Can someone link the stats feed without the twitch stream video? My poor decrepit iPhone 4 can't handle it :(

http://testing.ps2alerts.com/serversmash/match/ss/5

Should be right the one.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Did I just see that Connery brought along multiple snipers for a in-building cap? :stare:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

INKRO posted:

Did I just see that Connery brought along multiple snipers for a in-building cap? :stare:

It's even better watching the tracker

"NC defended Hunter's Blind" x 10000

I said at the meeting when it came up which warpgate we wanted, "WHICHEVER HAS ALL THE TREEHOUSES"

Fantastic

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Everyone on Connery is gonna kill themselves their planetside 2 client

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
Props to whichever goon bought shatter camo and the horn for their sunderer

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

That Australian caster is annoying as gently caress.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Whichever one of you bought the camo/horn for your sundie during Server Smash is a loving amazing bastard and I love you.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

NihilCredo posted:

It's the latter because SOE is a lovely, greedy company. Proximity mines (Inf + Engi) also need to be unlocked for each class. Medkits (and restoration kits, which are straight up worse 99% of the time and it's incredibly dumb that they exist) are the only exception.

So greedy from all the money they get on people buying C4 and mines. :rolleyes: Oh wait.

It's to artificially deepen the progression on each infantry class. For example, prox mines are cheaper on Engi than Infil.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Godspeed smashing nerds

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

"Kudos to Connery's air force for beating up Emerald's air force" - Lanzer

Territory control at the time of this stupid comment: Emerald 60 - Connery 40. :frogdowns:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Oh man I'm really loving how much attention they're paying to an AoD infiltrator that's been looking at a point without doing anything for like two minutes.

Edit: And then died after accomplishing nothing.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Hajj Podge posted:

Territory control at the time of this stupid comment: Emerald 60 - Connery 40. :frogdowns:

They have two squads of Japanese outfits today in the air to fill out the air platoon; none of them are used to fighting actual opposition!

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
AOD at it's best right there folks!

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

ArchRanger posted:

Oh man I'm really loving how much attention they're paying to an AoD infiltrator that's been looking at a point without doing anything for like two minutes.

Edit: And then died after accomplishing nothing.

This is the true plight of stalker cloak infiltrator. Spend a bunch of time carefully approaching your objective, then get killed the second you decloak by some random dude who runs up behind you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hajj Podge posted:

They must hate commentating Emerald games

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Connery don't uninstall just maybe repair?

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET
Here comes the ol' "they're just low on resources and Emerald isn't" commentary. :allears:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Renounced posted:

Here comes the ol' "they're just low on resources and Emerald isn't" commentary. :allears:

It's too bad they don't have a stream widget that tracks the average amount of resources available per player on each faction.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
If team 2 gets to 70% Roy needs to get fired (out of a cannon)

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

A Winner is Jew posted:

If team 2 gets to 70% Roy needs to get fired (out of a cannon)

With only twelve minutes left is that even possible at this point?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Connery got wrecked.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
64% is pretty good!

Connery and Emerald were even on kills too. Proof that kills cap bases. :dukedog:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

"Our air force focused on Air-to-air" - Connery Force Commander.

hahahahahaha

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Why is my NC live character name showing up on the live match stats page?

edit : and other live names?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Connery should change their name to Hoops because they got SLAM DUNKED.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

That was a deeply satisfying smash to lead a squad in, i want to watch the stream to find out where cobalt's alleged air was, we saw like 3 scythes total in the south meaning the whole match was a lot less ball crushingly frustrating to play in than the one against cobalt, Ender did a really good job as PL too, DA and BRIT did pre-secures on points and we rolled sundies in afterwards which worked really well.

Myself and fleece were the people who cared loathed having money enough to spend $5 on shatter camo to promote freedom :911:, someone who uses this account next may be mildly perplexed.

Polyakov fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

treizebee posted:

Why is my NC live character name showing up on the live match stats page?

edit : and other live names?

They had us fill out a form thing to link your account to the server smash one in their stat tracker.

• Locked thread