Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Right, you made me Google them. On your own heads be it.

TIM BURTON MONDO AND CUSTOM POSTERS, GO!

Mars Attacks and the second Beetlejuice are openly terrible, but I liked the other three a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

mind the walrus posted:

Mars Attacks and the second Beetlejuice are openly terrible, but I liked the other three a lot.

Mars Attacks is missing "Insert Coin to Continue", and yes, that last Beetlejuice is eye-clawingly awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The big goofy Joker face on the Batman post kills it for me. It's behind the batlogo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why a car and not her van?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

PriorMarcus posted:

The big goofy Joker face on the Batman post kills it for me. It's behind the batlogo.

I didn't even see it at first, but yeah it kills it.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why a car and not her van?

Also, why a tone that's more suited to a kooky & sexy black-comedy noir movie? Otherwise, I really like it.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I see this and think, "That's pretty cool, actually, but wouldn't a Beetlejuice poster be better if you had a big picture of Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice in there?"

One of the fastest times I've ever been proven wrong in my life.

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 23, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cyborg with his butt pose and Wonder Woman has her butt hidden. Bizarro World, or just Geoff Johns' fetish?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's a pretty big cat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Cougars are actually relatively small when compared to tigers or lions, they'll still gently caress your poo poo up something fierce, and obviously housecats are much smaller, but there are bigger cats.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

And you know it's an excellent film, because it says so right at the bottom. How convenient!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skwirl posted:

Cougars are actually relatively small when compared to tigers or lions, they'll still gently caress your poo poo up something fierce, and obviously housecats are much smaller, but there are bigger cats.

Cougars are plenty big when you're the world's tiniest cowboy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I see this and think, "That's pretty cool, actually, but wouldn't a Beetlejuice poster be better if you had a big picture of Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice in there?"

One of the fastest times I've ever been proven wrong in my life.

To be fair to you, that is absolutely not Michael Keaton. It may be Gary Busey.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I first read this as "Big The Cat" and momentarily got excited about a movie starting a mentally retarded cat who just likes to fish and go looking for frog.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
The Batman poster is a combination of "We got to incorporate Batman's visual themes onto someone's face because Mask of the Phantasm did it" and "This happened in the movie". It's not very good.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Batman one wouldn't be too bad if it only had everything that's below the moon.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like the stupid moon because it's an accurate visual representation of how Jack Nicholson's Joker hijacks that whole movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Cyborg with his butt pose and Wonder Woman has her butt hidden. Bizarro World, or just Geoff Johns' fetish?

Sorry, can't see either one over Aquaman's ridiculous sideburns. Did Go Nagai have a hand in his redesign for this movie?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edit: Wow, completely wrong thread.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Kikka posted:

The Batman poster is a combination of "We got to incorporate Batman's visual themes onto someone's face because Mask of the Phantasm did it" and "This happened in the movie". It's not very good.

man I'd forgotten how good the poster for Mask of the Phantasm was

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Where do you guys get your printed posters from? I'm looking for an original creature from the black lagoon print but all I see is half posters which may or may not be laminated.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Harlock posted:

Where do you guys get your printed posters from? I'm looking for an original creature from the black lagoon print but all I see is half posters which may or may not be laminated.

Movie Poster Shop. The quality of the prints can vary depending on the poster, but I've never bought anything from them that I regretted.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

63: Beverly Hills part II: Cheezit! It's the cop!

Some foreign language posters

Unofficial posters made by a graphic designer for a local theatre

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:catstare:

In what world does coloring his skin green not make this racially charged as all gently caress?

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

In what world does coloring his skin green not make this racially charged as all gently caress?

Germany, by the looks of it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

ShufflerZero posted:

Unofficial posters made by a graphic designer for a local theatre

I hate everything about this. Especially funny is the ridiculous attempt to font match for the title.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

I love this one so much. If only we got Eddie Murphy as a wise cracking cyber cop from the 80s. :allears:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ShufflerZero posted:

Some foreign language posters

I think it wasn't until he regularly started playing multiple characters that his movies got Eddie Murphy-er.

Is... there a banana featured into Beverly Hills Cop 1? To excuse the repeated use of it in the posters?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

davidspackage posted:

I think it wasn't until he regularly started playing multiple characters that his movies got Eddie Murphy-er.

Is... there a banana featured into Beverly Hills Cop 1? To excuse the repeated use of it in the posters?

There is a prominent gag where he jams one in a car's tailpipe to disable it.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I was a bit perplexed when I noticed the text was in german - it's from the GDR. That makes a bit more sense than it being from any other german speaking country.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I love this poster. It's better than the official one.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

davidspackage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HktV2yGtLv8

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Wait, that's his forearms! This poster lied to me!

(Also, 90% of that poster doesn't happen in the film)

Movie also known as "ATOMIC CYBORG" and VENDETTA FROM THE FUTURE. Both of these titles are also less than 100% accurate.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LeJackal posted:

There is a prominent gag where he jams one in a car's tailpipe to disable it.

Doesn't excuse the repeated use in the posters though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MariusLecter posted:

It's a thing people remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGbgAisf6_c

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Whenever minimalist fan posters do the single out-of-context item, it's meant as a secret handshake kind of thing. You may have watched Beverly Hills Cop, but I've watched Beverly Hills Cop. Remember that in nerd culture, identifying a reference is more important than appreciating the context.

A good Groundhog Day poster would be a page-a-day calendar with some pages torn off, all Feb 2nd. A bad one would be the smashed clock

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

MariusLecter posted:

It was a signature gag get the gently caress out you idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

and why do they keep putting a black guy on the poster? are they racist???