Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
*angrily consults Rules of Wrestling playbook*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

He's literal satan according to PSP right now.

But also to WWE so it works out :v:

Nah, nothing wrong with Bray.

Everything wrong with whoever held the book for this one and thought this was a good use of him.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Every Wyatt promo up to this match was about fixing broken people.
Dean is going to join the Wyatts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm not really sure what to think about all this, really.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Xenoletum posted:

Because their favorite guy didn't win and they're being a bunch of whiny marks.

Well how was Mizdow supposed to win, he wasn't even in the match with Sheamus!!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Blasmeister posted:

I'm not really sure what to think about all this, really.

a ghost appeared in the ring tonight

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
choose hell, guys
choose hell

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Like, what loving RAW did I miss where Bray Wyatt turned into Darth Baras

had to google this one

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually yes. It is impressive, goddamned impressive, how hard Vince will ride the Orton/Cena train until he loving dies.

Who is "he" in this scenario?

Also :f5:ing the WON site like a motherfucker waiting for Bryan and Dave's recap.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ultimately the show ended with a chorus of the wrong kind of boos.

No the show ended with fans singing "He's got the whole world in his hands". You need to get your hearing checked.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

El Generico posted:

I like the idea of it, I like the idea of Ambrose v. Bray, I like the idea of a ghost hologram, I hate the timing. Let Ambrose get over beating Rollins and let the crowd get their pop for him before he moves on to his next program you stupid, stupid assholes. Could've done this tomorrow.

Kurrant posted:

Im not even mad.

I'm just disappointed. Everything was pretty great, and I really wanted the awesome Ambrose/Rollins match to actually have a finish, but instead spooky ghost happened. Still enjoyed a majority of the show, though.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
I'm going to get a shirt made that just says "CM PUNK WAS RIGHT" this company is won't get better until Vince is dead.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

no one won

the story had no ending

its like if you were reading moby dick and at the end an alien abducted the whale and ahab was just like "huh. well ok"

The ending of Moby Dick was that nobody won, Ahab died like an idiot and was stupid for hunting the whale.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the people defending this are my favorite.

storytelling is stupid, just do whatever.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Xenoletum posted:

No the show ended with fans singing "He's got the whole world in his hands". You need to get your hearing checked.

No, the show ended with "What's Up".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The ending of Moby Dick was that nobody won, Ahab died like an idiot and was stupid for hunting the whale.

It's us. We're Ahab.

Sorry, everyone.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Omally posted:

I'm pretty spooked

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

they had it in their hands. their fuckin hands.

and they dropped it for bray wyatt.

gently caress this company

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

El Generico posted:

I like the idea of it, I like the idea of Ambrose v. Bray, I like the idea of a ghost hologram, I hate the timing. Let Ambrose get over beating Rollins and let the crowd get their pop for him before he moves on to his next program you stupid, stupid assholes. Could've done this tomorrow.

This pretty much sums it up and I'm stunned they thought that was good idea to end the feud.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Madtrixr posted:

You might say

they had the whole world in their hands :smug:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Madtrixr posted:

the whole world, in their hands

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The part that pisses me off is, if they were really wanting to push Wyatt, OR Ambrose for that matter, I wouldn't care. But it's so loving obvious they did this so Dean wouldn't lose without massive shenanigans (admittedly the smartest part about it) and could get put into a feud he can win to stay over, Rollins gets fed to loving Orton instead, and all is well in Rapadoo Land.

Orton is at least an established star who can deliver a great match when he's motivated. But Wyatt has zero heat left after his meaningless feuds and will only drag Ambrose down.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it was a good wrestling show with an awkward finish. please do not let the finish diminish the other good in-ring action tonight, because it was drat good. thank you, and god bless. those are my thoughts and i am michael ps hayes irl

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Xenoletum posted:

there were like four fans singing, half the arena booing, and everyone else in silence at how loving stupid that ending was

I know trolling is fun and all but that was a poo poo and unnecessary ending to what had been a good match

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

...they thought that was good idea to end the feud.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

There wasn't a belt on the line, I'm not sure why you guys are so obsessed with Dean pinning Seth. He got what he wanted, he beat the poo poo out of him for like 30 minutes and was about do a heel move until interrupted. He won, there wasn't anywhere else to go with it and Dean didn't have much to do after this. This way, he wins, Bray gets some heat on him, and Dean has motivation to hate Bray. I think their feud could elevate them both if done right.

Really the impressive thing was that Ziggler took that crazy superplex on what must have been a ring worked up for that hologram spot.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

the whale won. ahab is killed by his own hubris. it is a story. it has a narrative arc. it is storytelling.

the ending of this match is "and then bray wyatt showed up and it was over"

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

WWE where wins don't matter. Unless you're Cena then we can't afford to have you lose ever.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Question is, how the hell is this even supposed to end the feud?

What motivation does Dean have to not keep trying to murder Seth? Is he expected to just be too busy trying to murder Bray as well?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cams posted:

the whale won. ahab is killed by his own hubris. it is a story. it has a narrative arc. it is storytelling.

the ending of this match is "and then bray wyatt showed up and it was over"

Oh, so we're doing Billy Budd instead

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I have no problem with an Ambrose/Wyatt feud. In fact, I look forward to the promos alone. But that finish killed the match. The whole point of the cell was that Rollins finally gets his comeuppance. That finish did no favors for anyone.

At least Dean is crazy over. Hopefully he'll stay that way but with the idiots booking now, who knows?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Pariah Rex posted:

I'm going to get a shirt made that just says "CM PUNK WAS RIGHT" this company is won't get better until Vince is dead.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

world wrestling entertainment

i was entertained. i fucken love ghosts

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That finish left such a bad taste in my mouth. What was the point of that? Let him get his revenge first before you start the next feud! Christ.

Christ.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Eltoasto posted:

There wasn't a belt on the line, I'm not sure why you guys are so obsessed with Dean pinning Seth. He got what he wanted, he beat the poo poo out of him for like 30 minutes and was about do a heel move until interrupted. He won, there wasn't anywhere else to go with it and Dean didn't have much to do after this. This way, he wins, Bray gets some heat on him, and Dean has motivation to hate Bray. I think their feud could elevate them both if done right.

Really the impressive thing was that Ziggler took that crazy superplex on what must have been a ring worked up for that hologram spot.

so what you're saying is let's just see where this goes, guys

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

What motivation does Bryan have to not keep trying to murder Orton? Is he expected to just be too busy trying to murder Bray as well?

~~ghosts of HiaC's past~~

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Tomorrow night on RAW Dean Ambrose fights an army of literal skeletons while Bray cackles menacingly over the titantron.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Liquid Communism posted:

What motivation does Dean have to not keep trying to murder Seth? Is he expected to just be too busy trying to murder Bray as well?

feuds never end in the wwe, they just keep going until they just stop without a satisfying conclusion

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Dean was not elevated he won nothing and accomplished nothing. In fact now he is going farther down the card to face the weakest loser in recent memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Omally posted:

It's because Bray Wyatt died 8 years ago... tonight...

• Locked thread