Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I hung out with reddit during that child extra life thing and donated $80 to their thing. I graced the other side with my presence. I also ran around as hitler a few times in the stream.

Edit: Guess people still hate/fear me

Edit 2: I'm Butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thank you for donating to the children's hospitals, Butts.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

is there actually one?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

is there actually one?

:thejoke:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tuskin38 posted:

I think buying any of the intel ships should unlock the texture for use on other ships

http://imgur.com/a/v0S3S

some look amazing with it.
I really wish the intel texture had the blue glow tron lines of the veteran texture. I just can't give up the tron lines!

Also I haven't played sto in like 3 updates and I think the update is pretty ok. Farting around voyager dumb planets and the Dyson spheres are cool. I like that the content is 90% ship stuff but hey maybe I'm just easily amused.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

randombattle posted:

Also I haven't played sto in like 3 updates and I think the update is pretty ok. Farting around voyager dumb planets and the Dyson spheres are cool. I like that the content is 90% ship stuff but hey maybe I'm just easily amused.
Really, if they make Advanced queue objectives a bit less dumb so pub groups could reliably do stuff like Borg Disconnected it would... probably be alright? After playing around a while the adjustments to enemy HP from the last patch seem to be alright; dropping the shield HPs made a noticeable difference. The upgrade cash sinks are obnoxious but I'm not expecting something that directly revenue-generating to ever change, and the XP grind is doubly obnoxious, but if the playerbase could actually group and do queue to do content it would probably be less of an issue. Most of the patrol-farming quasi-exploits came about partly due to folks trying to avoid the lovely queues.

But as they are... well, just looking at the queueing population is depressing. There's less folks doing them even this soon after the expansion than there was before DR; it's pretty much only CCA, the old borg queues, and borg disconnected normal that have anyone bothering. Everything else is a ghost town.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Sounds like a blast if you PVP and use something similar like CriticalChanceExploit :v:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Asimo posted:

Really, if they make Advanced queue objectives a bit less dumb so pub groups could reliably do stuff like Borg Disconnected it would... probably be alright? After playing around a while the adjustments to enemy HP from the last patch seem to be alright; dropping the shield HPs made a noticeable difference. The upgrade cash sinks are obnoxious but I'm not expecting something that directly revenue-generating to ever change, and the XP grind is doubly obnoxious, but if the playerbase could actually group and do queue to do content it would probably be less of an issue. Most of the patrol-farming quasi-exploits came about partly due to folks trying to avoid the lovely queues.

But as they are... well, just looking at the queueing population is depressing. There's less folks doing them even this soon after the expansion than there was before DR; it's pretty much only CCA, the old borg queues, and borg disconnected normal that have anyone bothering. Everything else is a ghost town.

That's because most pubs are bad and after one or two failures in a new STF, they'll write it off forever until they're shown how it's done.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I wish the devs hadn't turned the game into a trip to the salt mines. I'm watching DS9 right now and getting nostalgic for my Galor. :smith:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Trast posted:

I wish the devs hadn't turned the game into a trip to the salt mines. I'm watching DS9 right now and getting nostalgic for my Galor. :smith:

Galor is still a fantastic boat, and good news, free upgrade to T5-U!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Again, it's really not as bad as the whining here would indicate. I mean, it's Cryptic, so it's not good either, but unless you absolutely must have orange items in every slot and all the skill points right loving now there's plenty of fun to be had cruising around, blowing poo poo up, and insulting people, which to my knowledge is why most goons bother with this game in the first place. Besides, when it isn't filler patrols, the new content missions actually hold up pretty well.

EDIT ^^^ Beaten already, but yeah, the Galor gets a free upgrade to current endgame levels that will give you a pretty decent headstart with the newer poo poo. And pissbeams are still bestbeams.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got my hands on a Hazari destroyer. This thing is basically a T6 S'Golth.

The console is surprisingly useful too-- you can use it to face tank the CE's energy pulse and take no damage whatsoever.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What armor set are people using on their main? I've been going back and forth with the Undine and Voth set. I have basically all of the sets and usually toss them on my team members but I was wondering what everyone else is using as their set for their actual character?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk posted:

What armor set are people using on their main? I've been going back and forth with the Undine and Voth set. I have basically all of the sets and usually toss them on my team members but I was wondering what everyone else is using as their set for their actual character?

I use the Undine biotech armor from the lobi store, and the Omega shield for the dodge bonus.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Burning_Monk posted:

All the non-Nukara stuff is pretty good in general, though I've been using counter command because all the current ground stuff is bugs or undine or elachi drones that fart toxic clouds or whatever it is. Voth is most well rounded but I think I managed to get the highest damage resistance using omega armor. It's been a bit since I last looked at the numbers. No clue what the story is with the new delta armor.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Technical Analysis posted:

Bums me out that no existing ships got traits. So much wasted opportunity...

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

-Troika- posted:

Got my hands on a Hazari destroyer. This thing is basically a T6 S'Golth.

The console is surprisingly useful too-- you can use it to face tank the CE's energy pulse and take no damage whatsoever.

You can use Rock and Roll to totally avoid the pulse too.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Mondian posted:

Bums me out that no existing ships got traits. So much wasted opportunity...

Yea, and it's a guarantee I don't fly anything but new ships until I'm done unlocking the 5th trait in all of them.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got to the final part of the Battle of Korfez with pubbies, but we couldn't keep up with the hail of trilithium torpedoes :suicide:

(this is still further than I have gotten with goons :colbert:)

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
So tribble right now, Free Ship Upgrade Token, once per account for every 800 Day or life time vet. Sent to your in game mail and it isn't bound at all so you can sell it lol

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's too bad the Hazari destroyer can't use it's drone on other people.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Burning_Monk posted:

KHG full set, but I'm relatively new. I'm working on the Undine stuff at the moment.

I'm waiting for a better looking T6 Klank battlecruiser than the Qib.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

Adapted KHG gun and armour, Counter-Command shield, gun and kit. Gives me the KHG extra shield heal clicky and the CC shield OH poo poo button. As an engineer, this makes me a lot tankier.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I got an email for a free upgrade token, xp boost, and 3 keys. But it uses the old STO site and my login doesn't seem to work. Recovering password link sends me to glyph's site which doesn't allow me to redeem the code. This is so loving retarded.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What do you get at the end of the Kobali ground questline anyway

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

What do you get at the end of the Kobali ground questline anyway

A hilarious cutscene. Seriously, don't skip the last cutscene or you'll miss the biggest twist in STO ever.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Korgan posted:

A hilarious cutscene. Seriously, don't skip the last cutscene or you'll miss the biggest twist in STO ever.

It's a realdoll I'm sure.

Invincible Spleen
Nov 13, 2008

HEY, TAXI!
What happened to the price of R&D packs?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

The Butts cameo as the saviour of the Kobali really was something.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Right now I would pay for a app to doff without logging in. Level 60 here I come :smugdog: Also all that glitters GoTY.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Invincible Spleen posted:

What happened to the price of R&D packs?

The game economy runs entirely on the autism and stupidity of pubbies. Right now there's a bunch of pubbies trying to convert dil into EC and undercutting each other to do it and ruining their returns in the process. There is also autists buying the R&D packs in order to craft tech upgrades and restore perfect gear status. The price of R&D packs depends entirely on the equilibrium of these two forces.

Or a spacerich got bored and is loving with the market, that happens too.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 28, 2014

Invincible Spleen
Nov 13, 2008

HEY, TAXI!

Lagomorphic posted:

The game economy runs entirely on the autism and stupidity of pubbies. Right now there's a bunch of pubbies trying to convert dil into EC and undercutting each other to do it and ruining their returns in the process. There is also autists buying the R&D packs in order to craft tech upgrades and restore perfect gear status. The price of R&D packs depends entirely on the equilibrium of these two forces.

Or a spacerich got bored and is loving with the market, that happens too.

They're currently no longer worth the contraband you need to buy them. Back to selling keys, I guess.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Technical Analysis posted:

The Cardassians were right.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Trast posted:

The Cardassians were right.

I want the Galor, but only for the piss beams. Never really liked the look of the ship itself.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MoraleHazard posted:

I want the Galor, but only for the piss beams. Never really liked the look of the ship itself.

It's kinda obvious it was designed for TNG before DS9 refined the Cardassian look. Too boxy, no curves.

I want a playable Hideki class. Cardassian ship with more style.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 28, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I guess they're saving that for the next expansion Star Trek Online: Kanar With Damar (please make this)

Edit: also picked up the jem'hadar ground and space sets for my alt last night. This probably makes the dozenth time I've ran the 2800 arc and with each time a little bit more of my soul is lost in Of Bajor

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 28, 2014

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

I guess they're saving that for the next expansion Star Trek Online: Kanar With Damar (please make this)

Sweet Buddha, this would be hilarious. Especially consider Damar was an alchy on DS9 and the actor now endorses a some winery. I really wish video game developers had a sense of humor like that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

MoraleHazard posted:

Congratulations, you are the proud owner of the shittiest opinion in the history of human thought. Never talk poo poo about the Galor.

Edit: VVV This man is also poo poo.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Psycho Landlord posted:

Congratulations, you are the proud owner of the shittiest opinion in the history of human thought. Never talk poo poo about the Galor.

It looks like their insignia, it's a totally retarded design.

• Locked thread