Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Ms Andry posted:

Hey guys, could I get an invite. I just started with a Starfleet character. Bad Reception@eyota2

Welcome to Hell. A receptionist will be with you shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

Acer Pilot posted:

negative post count and a '14.

Ya I was away for awhile. RL was busy. Now things are back to normal so I am posting again.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I just asked about Starfleet Dental in game. I was told they are the "Sickest worst cyber bully fleet in game"
Sounds great!

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
So given how time-sinky this game is now, I'd be shocked if they have maybe 100,000 active players at this stage. Any odds makers on how long before they resort to free content weekends and gimmick weeks like all the other dying Kor-MMO's ?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hal_2005 posted:

So given how time-sinky this game is now, I'd be shocked if they have maybe 100,000 active players at this stage. Any odds makers on how long before they resort to free content weekends and gimmick weeks like all the other dying Kor-MMO's ?
You mean like a weekend where they increase all dil rewards?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

g0del posted:

You mean like a weekend where they increase all dil rewards?

Or free lobi?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

If they were really hosed they would do both!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hal_2005 posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if STO has user numbers somewhere around there, it's basically still a really casual game until you get to (ha ha I guess we can say this now) end game and the barrier of entry is nonexistent.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Can you still do the hierarchy dude? I'm tempted to powerlevel to him before they take it away.

I gave in and I'm trying to powerlevel from 54 to 56 to get him before they take away customisation and... I can't even find a way anymore. The only way I can see to level in any appreciable way is to slowly doff your way up.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

yes

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Indeed.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I gave in and I'm trying to powerlevel from 54 to 56 to get him before they take away customisation and... I can't even find a way anymore. The only way I can see to level in any appreciable way is to slowly doff your way up.

I'm not really in a rush to get to sixty anyways considering there is not much waiting for me at the end.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Can i get a TNG channel invite? @theballocaust

Edit: Thanks, maybe you could change my privs so I can talk now?

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 25, 2014

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Everyone in the channel can talk so :shrug:

Unless you meant fleet chat? That's disabled for most people because gently caress talking in fleet chat, use TNG.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Check your chat settings. I tend to run around in 'sullen anti-social bastard' settings which has the side effect of stopping you talking in TNG.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Ratzap posted:

Check your chat settings. I tend to run around in 'sullen anti-social bastard' settings which has the side effect of stopping you talking in TNG.

Yeah it says I am not "subscribed" to the channel, but I have it checked in the settings. :cryptic:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Yeah it says I am not "subscribed" to the channel, but I have it checked in the settings. :cryptic:

Try rejoining it. EDIT As in type "/channel_join thenextgooneration" again.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 26, 2014

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently the patch that went out on Friday reduced elite mob xp rewards by 75%?

lol

Edit: From what I just read, elites were giving out 5x the xp that normals were giving, but that was a bug, and now elites give 2x the xp. Weren't elite battleships rewarding around 1000xp before DR launched? Cause that's about how much I was getting after the launch. How far back does the "bug" go? Is this the explanation they are giving for the rollbacks on people who used Tau Dewa an unspecified too many times (apparently also affecting people who never did Tau Dewa)?

Is there any point to doing elite anything outside of STFs anymore?

Haerc fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 26, 2014

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
They should make Cardassian Disruptor Cannons as well so I can have matching beams and Cannons. They should do what they did with the Andorian Phasers and just give us everything in Piss Yellow.

I really like my Eclipse

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 26, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Haerc posted:

Apparently the patch that went out on Friday reduced elite mob xp rewards by 75%?

lol
It wasn't even a bug. Cryptic admitted on a few occasions that they intentionally boosted XP going into Delta Rising, and more than that, the XP boost from normal>advanced>elite was higher in the previous patch than it is now. Any claims that the change is anything besides a desperate attempt to stop people from leveling too fast is pure PR BS. :ssh: Or at the very least, a sign of their development process and QA being even more hosed than we all knew already.

quote:

Not really. Also the STFs take longer, have higher chance of outright failure, and give less reward! :toot:

Tuskin38 posted:

I really like my Eclipse
I think it (and the Qib) are easily the best of the initial Intel ships, yeah. I like the look of it, the bridge officer layout is perfect (and Intel/Eng is easily the most useful hybrid seat since you can trade away most of your engie boff powers with the right doffs), it's really mobile, and the only real weakness is the three tac consoles. And I'd be surprised if the inevitable fleet version didn't kick it to 4 tac consoles considering it's technically a battlecruiser.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I was going to dive back into STO once Delta Rising dropped but all the talk in this thread about how they've turned it into a grind fest on the level of Korean MMOs kinda nipped that in the bud.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Haerc posted:

lol

Edit: From what I just read, elites were giving out 5x the xp that normals were giving, but that was a bug, and now elites give 2x the xp. Weren't elite battleships rewarding around 1000xp before DR launched? Cause that's about how much I was getting after the launch. How far back does the "bug" go? Is this the explanation they are giving for the rollbacks on people who used Tau Dewa an unspecified too many times (apparently also affecting people who never did Tau Dewa)?

The explanation for the rollback is that a small number of players (supposedly around 250) were exploiting the game, and evidence that they were exploiting is that they were leveling 17x faster than average players.

In a lot of games that would be pretty good evidence that there was something bad going on. But I've parsed enough pug STFs to know that it's not really that difficult to do 17x more damage than some players. All that "evidence" says to me is that groups who know how to fit/fly a ship were running patrol missions in pre-made groups instead of pugging it.

So they fixed it the same way they fixed elite STFs - by basing everything off the top 1% of players instead of the average players.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I think buying any of the intel ships should unlock the texture for use on other ships

http://imgur.com/a/v0S3S

some look amazing with it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

I think buying any of the intel ships should unlock the texture for use on other ships

http://imgur.com/a/v0S3S

some look amazing with it.

Not a fan on most of the feddie ships, but goddrat does it make the Dyson ship look better.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Ludicro posted:

I was going to dive back into STO once Delta Rising dropped but all the talk in this thread about how they've turned it into a grind fest on the level of Korean MMOs kinda nipped that in the bud.

Yeah, same. PWE/Cryptic has been generating so much vitriolic hate and rage from the playerbase since DR I think I'm more or less obsolete at this point.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah, same. PWE/Cryptic has been generating so much vitriolic hate and rage from the playerbase since DR I think I'm more or less obsolete at this point.

Its notable actually how stark the contrast is with the first expansion, Legacy of Romulus. I remember everyone being astonished at how well the campaign was put together, and how enjoyable the new content was.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

There is some positives. Lebreat is back for example, and Klymen...whatever his name was, the king of autism.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah honestly I played a ton this weekend because it was dil weekend and I was able to line some turn - ins up properly but I imagine I will log in once a day to refine and that will be that at least until they get their poo poo together.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Goat Pillager posted:

There is some positives. Lebreat is back for example, and Klymen...whatever his name was, the king of autism.

Klytemnestra? Whats he up to these days?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Ludicro posted:

Reporting us for existing in the same worldspace as him, going on Gary Busey level rants, the usual really.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Ludicro posted:

I've been seeing him roleplaying on DS9 lately. As with most pubbies lately, all it takes is standing near them or popping one disco ball for them to go into fits of rage and eventually logging out. It's sometimes boring to troll these people now. :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ludicro posted:

Its notable actually how stark the contrast is with the first expansion, Legacy of Romulus. I remember everyone being astonished at how well the campaign was put together, and how enjoyable the new content was.
It's quite a dramatic difference. Even dealing with just content, LoR had way more missions and more added queues, while DR feels like only half an expansion and not just due to the amount of required grinding. Half the missions being just collections of patrols makes it even more stark.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Ludicro posted:

He also regularly holds court on the TTS channel.

In other news, I've already made back more than half of the points Cryptic took from me. Obviously they misjudged just how much of a poopsocker I really am.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Nevermind. Downloading the new expansion after all.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ludicro, don't listen to these bads, come back to us

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Ludicro, don't listen to these bads, come back to us

For real, don't let the few doomsayers crying about the game being horrible get you down. It's just a few goons who are crying about the game being bad since it's new season content and that's never done right the first update. Besides, who really plays this game for the game anyway.

It's about the pubbies, the game itself is a sideshow..

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. Whatever flaws there may be in the game, the pub contingent is out in full force. :getin:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Things like the absurdity of the Delta Rising loading screen keep me inspired. I don't even have any more ships I want to buy by this point, it's basically just partaking in performance art.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm just glad I'll be able to upgrade my Kinetic Cutting Beam to the new max level, even if it's going to be a massive dil sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I've played Champions Online for a couple years and this game is very similar to it. After going through the missions in CO basically there is nothing to do but collect costumes... and hang out in Club Caprice making fun of RPers and that is what I found most fun after signing into STO.
Being in station, walking around and talking nonsense and criticizing the costumes of random people.
Can I make them listen to my music with voice chat?

• Locked thread