Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wow the tutorials for Fantasia really to suck your will to play any more. There's not even a way to save your progress, exit, and return later so far as I can tell. Heck, you can't even pause the game while playing a song that I have been able to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wow the tutorials for Fantasia really to suck your will to play any more. There's not even a way to save your progress, exit, and return later so far as I can tell. Heck, you can't even pause the game while playing a song that I have been able to find.

Harder than dark souls?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Crafty posted:

Harder than dark souls?

What's that?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

this makes no sense

stux did you download the promised ps+ version of driveclub that certainly must be available by now on the ps4 you don't own, yet?

I couldn't mate, I don't own a ps4.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

I couldn't mate, I don't own a ps4.

good choice mate

It's a hard game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

A quote chosen by Sony for Sonys driveclub advert :

Personally for accuracy sake I would have gone with 'PS4s PSN Killer' :laugh:

It received a ton of hype, they took over all tv ad breaks on channel 4 and showed clips of the game before and after every show. Granted this hype slightly died down as this crappy mess was delayed a full year. Efficient Sony first party studios.

I think even the most ardent sony fan conceded the game was probably going to be below average after all the development woes. No one expected it to be quite the mess it is though, except me. :xd:

forza killed itself with 5 :laugh:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-16-minutes-of-xbox-one-quantum-break-gamepla/1100-6423167/
Why is Sam so forceful with how he speaks? He scares me.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sony does a poo poo job 'killing' other systems franchises. Killzone was supposed to be the Halo Killer, little big planet is the mario killer, they have that SSB clone, driveclub is another in a long list of mediocre reactionary games they've published.

None of them are outright terrible but it's not they far removed from Asylum movies like Transmorphers and Snakes on a Train.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

echronorian posted:

None of them are outright terrible but it's not they far removed from Asylum movies like Transmorphers and Snakes on a Train.

They need to take the next logical step and make Sharknado: The Video Game.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
They kill other franchises by simply being average enough to survive while their competitors implode with bad business decisions.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Say Xbox pause or hold your left hand out at 45 degrees like in Dance Central.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

losonti tokash posted:

Say Xbox pause or hold your left hand out at 45 degrees like in Dance Central.

We live in the future. We figured out today that if you leave the field of the Kinect's view it auto pauses so we do that.

Really hard to get it to work well when one player is over six feet tall and the other is under four feet. I think we just need to stop trying to do the single player stuff and just run the multiplayer mode where everything is unlocked.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wootman posted:

Help my Xbox isnt playin good games

I think it's because you don't own any good games. Hope that helps!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think it's because you don't own any good games. Hope that helps!

Lol you gay son

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Crabtree posted:

Then what was the point of releasing a trailer then? Taking the backup piece of meat out the freezer again to soften the Sunset Overdrive blow until they have another real game to advertise?

CheeseFactory posted:

You would have to be pretty desperate for exclusives if you think sunset overdrive looks worth buying.

Pathos posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/10/18/sunset-overdrive-breaks-4th-wall-with-clever-in-game-message-to-reviewers/

Sunset Overdrive apparently ups its zany, wacky writing by telling reviewers to give it high scores when they're playing it! How hilarious. Sunset Overdrive really has the best writing and comedy this side of Portal. Thank you, Insomniac.

:laugh:

Another solid exclusive for the xbone tm. drat it feels good to be a gangster.

For comparisons sake

:vince:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

univbee posted:

They need to take the next logical step and make Sharknado: The Video Game.

They should get Appaloosa to make it, Jaws was pretty fun.

Or Platinum, but thats kind of unfair because "they should get Platinum to make it" goes with literally anything.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was gonna go back and find one of the posts where Crafty threw a "reviews don't matter" argument out there but he has 17 pages of posts ITT.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

I was gonna go back and find one of the posts where Crafty threw a "reviews don't matter" argument out there but he has 17 pages of posts ITT.

i just changed it to reviews mean everything anyway

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Crafty posted:

i just changed it to reviews mean everything anyway

So you mean it's only 5% better than Call of Duty Ghosts? If that's the case, all of the developers should probably just commit ritual suicide.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/call-of-duty-ghosts

If you're going to cite numbers for how good games are, at least use the community scores. Reviewer scores are totally unreliable, especially on metacritic since it clumps in all the paid reviewers with the reviewers who actually played the game. An average reviewer rating of 83 means absolutely gently caress-all for Sunset Overdrive, particularly since it's a highly hyped game where many reviewers are almost certainly paid to support it, whether directly or indirectly (hi IGN).

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Crafty posted:

For comparisons sake

Stop posting about Driveclub. It's a lovely game, but constantly posting about it makes you as terrible of a poster as Stux.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/xp55nr/sunset-overdrive-review

7.0 from GameTrailers. Boring "hipster" plot with irritating characters, some cool weapons but no challenge whatsoever without any difficulty levels to choose from. About 10 months and it's up on Steam. Where's the "what will save the xbox" chalkboard.jpg? You can cross this off the list.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Terminally Bored posted:

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/xp55nr/sunset-overdrive-review

7.0 from GameTrailers. Boring "hipster" plot with irritating characters, some cool weapons but no challenge whatsoever without any difficulty levels to choose from. About 10 months and it's up on Steam. Where's the "what will save the xbox" chalkboard.jpg? You can cross this off the list.

Yeah, find a bad review and pick a quote! I like this game.

I can counter that one though

Gameplanet 95 "There’s no question Sunset Overdrive lives up to the hype."

GameFrontOct 92 "Fact is, I had more unadulterated fun playing Sunset Overdrive than nearly any other game this year"

Giant Bomb 40 "It just isn't much fun to play. The core act of driving a car feels off in a way that completely put me off of playing the game. Without that in place, the rest of it just falls apart. The PlayStation 4 has been without a serious racing option since launch, and Driveclub doesn't fill that gap."

This is fun

PC Beggar Race :pcgaming:

Crafty fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 27, 2014

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I know how crafty feels. I used to perform the same mental gymnastics when I bought the Wii instead of the 360 or ps3. No, I'm not feeling bad at all about buying a last gen console with nothing to look forward to except a handful of big titles that only exist because they have been bankrolled by the company that owns the console, and a wave of shovelware or lazy attempts at ports

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
gameplanet.com is my homepage

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Crafty posted:

Yeah, find a bad review and pick a quote! I like this game.

I can counter that one though

Gameplanet 95 "There’s no question Sunset Overdrive lives up to the hype."

GameFrontOct 92 "Fact is, I had more unadulterated fun playing Sunset Overdrive than nearly any other game this year"

Giant Bomb 40 "It just isn't much fun to play. The core act of driving a car feels off in a way that completely put me off of playing the game. Without that in place, the rest of it just falls apart. The PlayStation 4 has been without a serious racing option since launch, and Driveclub doesn't fill that gap."

This is fun

PC Beggar Race :pcgaming:

Yeah, Driveclub seems poo poo but the difference is that Sunset Overdrive was pretty much perceived as a potential system-seller. Just as Titanfall, Ryse and DR3 before that. And they all failed at being this. Microsoft really need a great (not just good) exclusive because come Q1 2015 there's gonna be lots of AAA multiplat poo poo coming out and the bone will not be the console of choice for these just because it lacks the horsepower.

It's really weird to see that Microsoft can be a pretty good game publisher (good recent Age of Empires/Age of Mythology/Rise of Nations Steam ports, State of Decay, PinballFX2, etc.) but they missed the mark on their own new console completely.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

As if one great exclusive *could* save The One. The PS3 had a bevy of great new exclusives literally every year it was on the market and the "PS3 has no games lol" mentality persisted until at least 2010.

Now the shoe's on the other foot and it's really amazing to watch fanboys pin their every hope on a magical, singular title that will bring in the masses.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
This new console generation is pretty lame so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if most reviewers choose either The Last of Us Remaster or Halo Master Chief Collection as the game of the year...

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Shadow of Mordor looks like a prime candidate for Game of the Year, if they don't just pick a Nintendo thing.

It has something resembling actual reactivity and one of the EDIT: <-- POTENTIAL big bads is named something that sounds like 'douche' (oh yeah and its graphics can clobber even :pcgaming: if you want them to). It's gonna be hailed as 'game of all the years' for an uncomfortably long while.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

I know how crafty feels. I used to perform the same mental gymnastics when I bought the Wii instead of the 360 or ps3. No, I'm not feeling bad at all about buying a last gen console with nothing to look forward to except a handful of big titles that only exist because they have been bankrolled by the company that owns the console, and a wave of shovelware or lazy attempts at ports

Thank the lord that's not an issue as the xbox one all in one receives multiplatform releases on top of the plethora of awesome exclusives.

Terminally Bored posted:

Microsoft really need a great (not just good) exclusive because come Q1 2015 there's gonna be lots of AAA multiplat poo poo

Yeah, or even another exclusive in 2014. Like a halo game or something, maybe even a remaster of the most popular xbox game ever. Something like that would be a good idea IMO.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Crafty posted:

Thank the lord that's not an issue as the xbox one all in one receives multiplatform releases on top of the plethora of awesome exclusives.

Yeah, or even another exclusive in 2014. Like a halo game or something, maybe even a remaster of the most popular xbox game ever. Something like that would be a good idea IMO.

Four games you can already play on an Xbox 360 is a bizarre definition of "exclusive"...

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Zophar posted:

Four games you can already play on an Xbox 360 is a bizarre definition of "exclusive"...

Just like Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2 :D

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Also, we're getting Sega Saturn levels of desperation here:
http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/?linkId=10212303

selling fine!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Has the xbone outsold the WiiU yet?

Lol just kidding. Of course it hasn't

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 27, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

:laugh:

Another solid exclusive for the xbone tm. drat it feels good to be a gangster.

For comparisons sake

drat

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah, Pix the Cat is really loving good.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Metacritic has been proven to be infallible.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Another price drop shows that MS have complete faith that the totally tubular Sunset Overdrive will surely be a radical gnarly system seller.

It will make it more Selling Fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The price cut is pretty nice, but the Xbone is still that console with exclusive series that should have died with the 360 but instead are being ran into the ground by new owners (Halo and Gears of War). Microsoft still needs to offer something more then price cuts.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Crafty posted:

You're delusional if you actually think Halo Collection will be a system-seller.

Zophar posted:

Also, we're getting Sega Saturn levels of desperation here:
http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/?linkId=10212303

selling fine!

Wow, one year after launch it's kinectless and reduced to $350. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

Halo wasn't the most popular Xbox game ever.

• Locked thread