Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Sanford posted:

Or gelatin-based. Frozen wine gums are loving boss.
:aaaaa: I can't believe I never thought to try that! It sounds amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nastyman posted:

It's actually made of chicken.
Kill it, you get free chicken!

Or don't kill it, loving eggs come out of their arses!
Fuckin' 'ell!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Memento posted:

Or don't kill it, loving eggs come out of their arses!
Fuckin' 'ell!

isn't that from a david mitchell skit?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

fuckin' 'ell

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Feck!

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
From a Buzzfeed Lifehacks post.

Store your boxes of spaghetti noodles in a magazine holder! Because using a plastic holder that is bigger than the boxes is a great way to save space!

DECANT YOUR loving GLITTER INTO SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS. What the loving gently caress.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mouse Dresser posted:

Store your boxes of spaghetti noodles in a magazine holder! Because using a plastic holder that is bigger than the boxes is a great way to save space!

DECANT YOUR loving GLITTER INTO SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS. What the loving gently caress.

Why do they have so many boxes of spaghetti? Just buy one box and then loving eat before buying another. Pro life hack, if you are trying to save space in your kitchen stop hoarding food.

And for the glitter, I see nothing wrong with this hack. How else am I going to hide the black circles under my eyes?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Shwqa posted:

Why do they have so many boxes of spaghetti? Just buy one box and then loving eat before buying another. Pro life hack, if you are trying to save space in your kitchen stop hoarding food.

Not to mention unless you eat it every day, that much spaghetti is bound to go stale.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you're gonna eat that much spaghetti before it goes stale, you might as well throw it on the floor.

You piece of poo poo.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Che Delilas posted:

Not to mention unless you eat it every day, that much spaghetti is bound to go stale.

Wait, what? It looks like dry uncooked pasta to me, and that has a shelf life of several years.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mouse Dresser posted:

Uh correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you just stack the boxes in the exact same shape in your cupboard or on your counter or whatever? You really have to wonder what problem the "lifehack" creator was solving in their life when they came up with that one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Uh correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you just stack the boxes in the exact same shape in your cupboard or on your counter or whatever? You really have to wonder what problem the "lifehack" creator was solving in their life when they came up with that one.

Pffffft, you don't store your food on the floor. :rolleyes:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Pffffft, you don't store your food on the floor. :rolleyes:

Do you want to get ants? Because life hack this is how we get ants.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The creator must have mistook "lifehax" with a poor audition for http://thingsfittingperfectlyintothings.tumblr.com/

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Mouse Dresser posted:

Why buy glitter in shaker-top jars at the craft store when you could buy it by the pallet and save BIG $$$$ :shepface:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shwqa posted:

Do you want to get ants? Because life hack this is how we get ants.

I'll just scatter oats or some poo poo for them to take back to the nest and blow up the queen.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Picnic Princess posted:

I'll just scatter oats or some poo poo for them to take back to the nest and blow up the queen.

That poo poo doesn't work.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If by "blow up" he means "makes her fat and happy" then it works pretty well, actually!

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Mouse Dresser posted:

The thing I find so frustrating is that spaghetti jars already loving exist.

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone but I just don't see why you'd apply a convoluted storage method like this when a much better one exists? I guess a spaghetti jar isn't a good solution for the problem because it's too obvious - maybe I could LifeHack it into being a golf ball holder or something.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

winegums posted:

The thing I find so frustrating is that spaghetti jars already loving exist.

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone but I just don't see why you'd apply a convoluted storage method like this when a much better one exists? I guess a spaghetti jar isn't a good solution for the problem because it's too obvious - maybe I could LifeHack it into being a golf ball holder or something.

How is one jar going to hold your four different variations of the same god damned noodle?

Also I hope that picture was taken a while ago, the best by date looks like Apr 18 2014 on the angel hair.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

How is one jar going to hold your four different variations of the same god damned noodle?

Also I hope that picture was taken a while ago, the best by date looks like Apr 18 2014 on the angel hair.

Lifehack: mix all of your spaghetti in one spaghetti jar! Saves time and adds (under/overcooked) texture to your next dish!!!!!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Meowjesty posted:

Lifehack: mix all of your spaghetti in one spaghetti jar! Saves time and adds (under/overcooked) texture to your next dish!!!!!

You have multiple types of spaghetti in your house? I get having multiple types of pasta, like macaroni for cheese sauces, an alkaline noodle for soups, and angel hair for spaghetti. But why the need for specifically multiple types of just spaghetti noodles? I am ignorant to why you need more than one. Please inform me on the differences and state your answer in the form of a life hack.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Apologies, only the most discriminatory connoisseurs of Italian cuisine use magazine sorters to store their boxes of dried pasta.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
So...where do you put your magazines then????

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Lamech posted:

People still read magazines?

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Lamech posted:

Laundry basket, duh.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Lamech posted:

In my AK47 :clint:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Shwqa posted:

You have multiple types of spaghetti in your house? I get having multiple types of pasta, like macaroni for cheese sauces, an alkaline noodle for soups, and angel hair for spaghetti. But why the need for specifically multiple types of just spaghetti noodles? I am ignorant to why you need more than one. Please inform me on the differences and state your answer in the form of a life hack.

Life hack: you can buy multiple types of spaghetti! Such as whole grain, enriched white, or gluten-free! Spice up your life by trying whole grain, which is objectively garbage!!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lamech posted:

trash can.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Meowjesty posted:

Life hack: you can buy multiple types of spaghetti! Such as whole grain, enriched white, or gluten-free! Spice up your life by trying whole grain, which is objectively garbage!!

Wonderful :allears:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dump a bag of spaghetti on the floor and eat the spaghetti off of the floor like a animal

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Dump a bag of spaghetti on the floor and eat the spaghetti off of the floor like a animal

For extra spice throw a brown rescluse into the ceiling fan.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Different thicknesses for different sauces? I want thick, flat noodles for cream and ultra thin ones for pesto or tomato sauce

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Meowjesty posted:

You haven't lived til you try corn spaghetti! Or after that either really, life is a thin illusion stretched atop the void.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

The Door Frame posted:

Different thicknesses for different sauces? I want thick, flat noodles for cream and ultra thin ones for pesto or tomato sauce

You want Fettuccini and spaghetti then. You'll note the picture has organic angel hair, regular thin, whole wheat normal size, and regular, all spaghetti noodles. That's a whole bunch of minor differences that most people would ignore in favor of one preferred spaghetti noodle because it makes gently caress all difference with your sauce.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm gonna do something really wild tonight...guess who bought a whole different kind of spaghetti? *giggling and camera pictures*

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Door Frame posted:

You're thinking of shape, not thickness.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

The Door Frame posted:

Agree with something someone says? Quote what they said and add "this". #LifeHack

ChaosArgate posted:

You're thinking of shape, not thickness.

Imagine he didn't unfortunately add the word "flat" to his post and he is absolutely right. A thick creamy sauce will cling to the noodle naturally so you want a thicker spaghetti, runnier stuff you want to increase the surface area, hence thinner spaghetti.

edit: Or comedy option the Italians haven't a clue about pasta and they made different strengths of spaghetti so they could sell more which is the primary reason their economy is going so strong.

how me a frog has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Oct 27, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Disco Infiva posted:

Wait, what? It looks like dry uncooked pasta to me, and that has a shelf life of several years.

:thejoke:

Bonus Simpsons quote: "Only use fresh macaroni. If the box rattles *shake shake* ... throw it away!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

how me a frog posted:

Agree with something someone says? Quote what they said and add "this". #LifeHack

Imagine he didn't unfortunately add the word "flat" to his post and he is absolutely right. A thick creamy sauce will cling to the noodle naturally so you want a thicker spaghetti, runnier stuff you want to increase the surface area, hence thinner spaghetti.

edit: Or comedy option the Italians haven't a clue about pasta and they made different strengths of spaghetti so they could sell more which is the primary reason their economy is going so strong.

What about the three different brand of spaghetti that are the same size, and different compositions? Are you telling me it's important to distinguish between flour and wheat and organic spaghetti for different recipes?

Just throw whatever spaghetti into a pot and boil that poo poo your canned sauce will mask any difference in taste! #lifehack