Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Bobtista posted:

On the bright side 360's are cheap as gently caress now, or you can use the lack of backwards compatibility as an excuse to branch out of the "ecosystem" and buy something good like a Wii u

Yeah that's how I'm leaning, honestly. The 360 was "ok" but I was never ecstatic about it or anything. Meanwhile I go over to my buddy's house and can't get enough Hyrule Warriors and Shovel Knight, so yeah, WiiU is probably what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Tyree posted:

So there is no way that the xbone doesn't sell more than the ps4 in november now, right?

This only even a possibility in the US only and even then not likely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobtista posted:

On the bright side 360's are cheap as gently caress now, or you can use the lack of backwards compatibility as an excuse to branch out of the "ecosystem" and buy something good like a Wii u

They aren't cheap enough new though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Xbone still didn't beat PS4 sales when their crown jewel Titanfall came out. It couldn't beat them with the $100 cheaper kinectless SKU. With Halo: MCC and $350, it might beat it, but only for a month or two. The PS4 will still sell strongly into the end of the year.

I have a feeling the reaction to Halo: MCC will be a bunch of people will buy it for the nostalgia factor, then play it for a bit and then think "I already sunk thousands of hours into this gameplay years ago" and abandon it in a few months, if not sooner.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

This only even a possibility in the US only and even then not likely.

it will probably be closer than usual but thats going from not close to still not that close

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I could see it outselling the PS4 in the US and possibly the UK based solely on parents buying the cheaper console for their kids christmas present because it's cheaper and it comes with games what a bargain! Like how when I used to work retail they would buy the most garbage android tablets instead of iPads because "it's all iPads right?" (cheap dogshit is still dogshit)

But January will be business as usual.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

univbee posted:

(which had some advantages the physical version didn't have like being PS3/PS4 cross-buy).

It amuses me that everyone thinks that this feature was unique to Sony - this also worked between the 360 and the One. In fact, I bought it on my 360 so I could have it on my one, and my characters are available on either version.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Tyree posted:

So there is no way that the xbone doesn't sell more than the ps4 in november now, right?

I wouldn't say that. Last month with no exclusives on the PS4 and the Xbox straight giving away a free game the gap in sales dramatically widened in favor of the PS4. If memory serves it went from the Xbox selling 30k or so less to something like 200k less than the PS4 for no real compelling reason.

I would think that the MCC would bring the sales over PS4 but at this point I don't think that anyone would claim that it's a sure thing.

Anecdotally over in the GTA V thread there are two single people as far as I can see that are that are buying the game for the Xbox one and everyone else in the thread that is moving to next gen is either going from PS3 to PS4 or from 360 to PS4. Several of them are picking up next gen console just for this game, and they are overwhelmingly going PS4 in no small part due to the network effect.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

matrix ripoff posted:

It amuses me that everyone thinks that this feature was unique to Sony - this also worked between the 360 and the One. In fact, I bought it on my 360 so I could have it on my one, and my characters are available on either version.

Guess they should have marketed it better huh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BitBasher posted:

I wouldn't say that. Last month with no exclusives on the PS4 and the Xbox straight giving away a free game the gap in sales dramatically widened in favor of the PS4. If memory serves it went from the Xbox selling 30k or so less to something like 200k less than the PS4 for no real compelling reason.

I would think that the MCC would bring the sales over PS4 but at this point I don't think that anyone would claim that it's a sure thing.

Anecdotally over in the GTA V thread there are two single people as far as I can see that are that are buying the game for the Xbox one and everyone else in the thread that is moving to next gen is either going from PS3 to PS4 or from 360 to PS4. Several of them are picking up next gen console just for this game, and they are overwhelmingly going PS4 in no small part due to the network effect.

People are buying next gen systems for GTA 5? Are they really going to add that much stuff?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
"temporary price drop"

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

RangerAce posted:

Yeah, amazon has that pre-order guarantee or whatever? Does that apply, though, if the discount occurs a week AFTER the pre-order?

Yeah, you should be fine. I'd preordered BF4 and AC4 with my Xbox at launch and paid full price for them, but Amazon put them on sale something like a week later. I figured I was just screwed but on their own they emailed me and gave me back the price difference.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spacebump posted:

People are buying next gen systems for GTA 5? Are they really going to add that much stuff?

GTA 5 is loving great and literally only contrarian hipster dickheads and super sensitive snowflakes think otherwise, based on being contrarian hipster dickheads and "oh my god my digital pretend man made me digitally pretend torture another digital pretend man :cry:"

I'd be double dipping even if I still had a working PS3 just for the increased playercount in online.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

AugmentedVision posted:

Guess they should have marketed it better huh

Well the marketing reached me so score one for them, I guess.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Apparently so. A number of friends in real life and in the GTA V thread are all doing just that. A not insignificant portion of that thread are moving up when it domes out.

Regarding GTA Online specifically the previous gen systems were pushed to the breaking point running that game and it should be a much better experience on a next gen system. There are also significant engine upgrades moving into next gen and almost doubling the players on the map in GTAO from 16 to 30.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/...=marketingdaily I can't wait to yell DOMINOS, FEED ME!!! in falsetto and then verbally dictate my toppings while laying lengthwise on the couch like Bacchus.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Bobtista posted:

I could see it outselling the PS4 in the US and possibly the UK based solely on parents buying the cheaper console for their kids christmas present because it's cheaper and it comes with games what a bargain! Like how when I used to work retail they would buy the most garbage android tablets instead of iPads because "it's all iPads right?" (cheap dogshit is still dogshit)

Would that just mean the Wii U would sell a bunch?

The Bone will see gently caress all of a boost from this price cut and Samsung Megadrive/All The Halos Again. The thing is hosed because it has a direct competitor that is just better than it.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

BitBasher posted:

Regarding GTA Online specifically the previous gen systems were pushed to the breaking point running that game and it should be a much better experience on a next gen system.

GTA Online was dogshit at launch, and in addition to the godawful load times it made me sell my copy as soon as possible (like many I had finished the main campaign well before GTAO's official release). I think with all the time between then to fix issues in addition to stronger hardware it would be a great time to check out GTAO as well as replay GTA5 (this time I won't kill Trevor).

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bobtista posted:

GTA 5 is loving great and literally only contrarian hipster dickheads and super sensitive snowflakes think otherwise, based on being contrarian hipster dickheads and "oh my god my digital pretend man made me digitally pretend torture another digital pretend man :cry:"

I'd be double dipping even if I still had a working PS3 just for the increased playercount in online.

God could you fit any more buzzwords into this loving post? I bet they're also SJW MRA cucked gently caress bois too!

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

spudsbuckley posted:

The Bone will see gently caress all of a boost from this price cut and Samsung Megadrive/All The Halos Again. The thing is hosed because it has a direct competitor that is just better than it.

Okay.

I'm going to be playing Sunset Overdrive tomorrow.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

matrix ripoff posted:

GTA Online was dogshit at launch, and in addition to the godawful load times it made me sell my copy as soon as possible (like many I had finished the main campaign well before GTAO's official release). I think with all the time between then to fix issues in addition to stronger hardware it would be a great time to check out GTAO as well as replay GTA5 (this time I won't kill Trevor).

You aren't wrong. It was a total shitshow for a while. Now it seems to work fine for the most part.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Bass Bottles posted:

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/...=marketingdaily I can't wait to yell DOMINOS, FEED ME!!! in falsetto and then verbally dictate my toppings while laying lengthwise on the couch like Bacchus.

$1m in pizza sold through Xbone. Gamers are human trash.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

Nah because their kids already have a Wii and it's the same thing right?! (actual quote overheard in my local game store and probably every other game store everywhere)

Zelder posted:

God could you fit any more buzzwords into this loving post? I bet they're also SJW MRA cucked gently caress bois too!

Yeah they probably are, SJWs more than the others though. MRAs probably love GTA because you can gun down women in the streets while acting out your power fantasies about taking revenge on all those friend zoning cunts who don't see what a nice guy you are.

I dunno what the other ones you said are.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

$1m in pizza sold through Xbone. Gamers are human trash.

what if it was $1m in locally sourced produce

what would gamers be then

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

matrix ripoff posted:

what if it was $1m in locally sourced produce

what would gamers be then

contrarian hipster dickheads and super sensitive snowflakes, based on being contrarian hipster dickheads

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Crafty posted:

brrrrrrmmm

GOTC

sunset overdrive skull looking good

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Yaos posted:

Friends, I got one of my cats to stay still long enough to get a picture with my console collection!

As you can see, the Xbox one (the original Xbox) is holding my PS4 up off the ground and the Wii U is where it belongs, thrown carelessly behind the other consoles.

Not shown is my PC, which has a flaming cat on it.

I picture you swiping everything off your desk in one big motion before you took this picture.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bobtista posted:

All 3 characters were unlikeable assholes. Gameplay was still fun though.

BitBasher posted:

Apparently so. A number of friends in real life and in the GTA V thread are all doing just that. A not insignificant portion of that thread are moving up when it domes out.

Regarding GTA Online specifically the previous gen systems were pushed to the breaking point running that game and it should be a much better experience on a next gen system. There are also significant engine upgrades moving into next gen and almost doubling the players on the map in GTAO from 16 to 30.

Won't matter as long as you get sent to the "bad" players matchmaking for doing anything fun like blowing up personal vehicles.

Also how the gently caress are heists still not out yet?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Is it just me, or is the XBox One really good?

ModestMuse
Jun 25, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your GPS
I'd be a heavenly person today

This is very shameful

Except for the cat

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

a bay posted:

Is it just me, or is the XBox One really good?

Just you

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bass Bottles posted:

This, but unironically.

I'll have to try it at least once because it is ridiculous.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Jesus Christ how fat does Microsoft think it's target audience is?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Sigh. Once again, Microsoft copies a Sony idea.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Sedisp posted:

Jesus Christ how fat does Microsoft think it's target audience is?

Fat people make up a sizable (hah!) part of gamers so like it or lump it

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
What is the metacritic score for this Dominos app?

Bonus cat post, couldn't get it onto a Console unfortunately

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 28, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

This, but unironically.

I'll have to try it at least once because it is ridiculous.

I understand. One must live life to the fullest.

The fullest from pizza, that is ;)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

DOMINOS, FEED ME!!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

metacritic this cat at 98% fluff or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bass Bottles posted:

I can't wait to yell DOMINOS, FEED ME!!! in falsetto and then verbally dictate my toppings while laying lengthwise on the couch like Bacchus.

• Locked thread