Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I still say Ragnarok is the worst. I actually enjoy playing Daredevil.

I dumped both of those guys. I had a single purple DD cover and needed the space, and Rag just isn't very good. I'm at 43 slots now though and I don't think i'll be buying anymore as I'm getting a little bored with this game. I don't see any way to get a useable 3 star roster anytime remotely soon, and I'm getting tired of the grind. It's fun to pick up and play on my phone for a while, but the grind is getting old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I played this when it first came out and spent some money and got some cool heroes. However I got bored with it and deleted it. Since then I have gotten. A warranty replacement for my old busted phone and we I downloaded this game last night all my poo poo was gone and I had to start over. Is this common? I already put a support ticket out but I know most F2P support is trash.

Before anyone asks I was on Android before and now. It wasn't an OS jump.

When this happened to me, I had to get through the tutorial then I could log into my facebook account and from there it downloaded my save.
If yours didn't reappear, yeah, support should clear you up.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hahaha, I just got stun-locked to death by Venom and Ragnarok 3 fights in a row with a team of characters 40 levels higher than them. The first one all I needed was to not be stunned for one turn so I could do Wind Storm and they would've been dead but nope. 11,000 points of damage without me being able to get a single attack. gently caress this game.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 28, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Regrettable posted:

Hahaha, I just got stun-locked to death by Venom and Ragnarok 3 fights in a row with a team of characters 40 levels higher than them. The first one all I needed was to not be stunned for one turn so I could do Wind Storm and they would've been dead but nope. 11,000 points of damage without me being able to get a single attack. gently caress this game.

Yeah, I'm also getting obliterated. Moonstone is pretty nasty when she's level 140 and that gravity warp/shift thing does 4k damage instead of 500.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Yeah, I'm also getting obliterated. Moonstone is pretty nasty when she's level 140 and that gravity warp/shift thing does 4k damage instead of 500.

Yeah, I usually skip the super high level ones unless they're just grunts and I can use OBW to keep them from attacking.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
I have 45k ISO, should I max my 2-Star Thor or spread it evenly so I have a team of 2-Stars in the 70-80 range? My main concern is that if I have one lvl 94 char that my MMR might get skewed if that is even a thing.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lordy posted:

I have 45k ISO, should I max my 2-Star Thor or spread it evenly so I have a team of 2-Stars in the 70-80 range? My main concern is that if I have one lvl 94 char that my MMR might get skewed if that is even a thing.

I think MMR is only based on winning and losing; they only way for it to have it get "skewed" is to win a lot, which I have a hard time advising against.

Having a maxed Thor is probably better than a lot of lower level guys; getting as much damage as possible out of him is a big deal.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Definitely max Thor. I heard risks of having a few high level characters myself, and so evenly leveled my 3 stars for a while. Eventually gave up on that and shot 3-star Thor up to 153 and it didn't change my matches noticeably.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Did anyone else just now randomly receive rewards for Venom Heroic and Combined Arms? I can't remember if I received my rewards the first time around but I think I did. My boyfriend checked right after I got them and he didn't get any so I'm pretty confused.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I got Combined Arms rewards.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I did too. For me, I received a couple of Moonstones and a total of 1500 ISO for both.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got rewards for both. Not insignificant either as the 2 lazycap covers gave me my first cover-maxed 3-star. I wonder how they'll handle that if it turns out it was a glitch?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I got an extra chunk of ISO and a blue Lazy Cap cover and 100HP this morning. Weird.

The Gauntlet is back... I can really use the black classic Daken cover and the Blue BP cover rewards. No idea if I can make it through though.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I got a Combined Arms reward- last cover I needed for Rags :v:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

All I got was 250 Iso for Venom: Heroic :(

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
D3 has acknowledged the glitch and everybody who got double awards gets to keep them and anybody who didn't, sorry I guess? :iiam:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sefer posted:

I got a Combined Arms reward- last cover I needed for Rags :v:

Thanks to the bug I now have two "complete" rags: one with 5/5 and one with 0/5 so I can send a decent low cost green battery to alliance mates

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I actually placed pretty high in both events so I got a significant amount of iso and hero points. Huzzah for glitches.
Too bad they're not giving out Blade in this pve though, I would have liked more covers for him and I'm sure some people desperately need him during this event.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

21st Cherry boy posted:

I actually placed pretty high in both events so I got a significant amount of iso and hero points. Huzzah for glitches.
Too bad they're not giving out Blade in this pve though, I would have liked more covers for him and I'm sure some people desperately need him during this event.

Yeah, Blade is a pretty awesome support character. Doing 1500 points for a single 3 tile match is ridiculous.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

21st Cherry boy posted:

He's apparently the 100pt reward for the upcoming Captain Marvel PvP event starting tomorrow. I missed getting him in PvE and was really bummed when I saw the essential gauntlet nodes requiring him. I got really drat lucky just now and pulled a purple Blade cover from the heroic token reward from the 2nd gauntlet. Thankfully I already have 3 blue Black Panther covers because there's no way my 2* squad is going to be able to pull off the end nodes of the last gauntlet event.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

He's apparently the 100pt reward for the upcoming Captain Marvel PvP event starting tomorrow.

100 point? Do you mean 1000? 100 points for a 3 star cover would be pretty nuts

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Probably meant top 100?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, Captain Marvel is essential for the second gauntlet but she doesn't get a boost. What kind of stupid poo poo is this? She's only been out for about a week.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

skipdogg posted:

Probably meant top 100?

Yes, I meant top 100.

Regrettable posted:

So, Captain Marvel is essential for the second gauntlet but she doesn't get a boost. What kind of stupid poo poo is this? She's only been out for about a week.

Captain Marvel (Modern) is the 3* version and does get boosted. Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) is the new 2* that just came out and does not get boosted. They use the same colors but have very different abilities for each. The 3* version is the essential one for the gauntlet.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Yes, I meant top 100.

Captain Marvel (Modern) is the 3* version and does get boosted. Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) is the new 2* that just came out and does not get boosted. They use the same colors but have very different abilities for each. The 3* version is the essential one for the gauntlet.

Apparently both are because I only have the 2 star and I've done 2 of the essential missions that need her.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Who else is forever stuck at Sentry/Black Panther/Magneto? :suicide:
Guess it's a good thing I didn't really want that Black Panther cover.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Oooh I just got a Nick Fury. He seems amazing.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

21st Cherry boy posted:

Haven't even gotten past the 2nd set of missions. Last gauntlet I didn't even try the 3rd. My BP is 0/2/0. So the 3rd blue would be nice but I'm not going to kill myself to get it when I don't even have a single yellow or black cover for him. I am going to get that black LDaken though

I'm not a commander or anything but there are 2 empty spots in G.O.O.N. We don't ever rank very high but a little extra ISO and occasional HP helps

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
I'm back in. I applied to g.o.o.n. What's wrong with me?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

21st Cherry boy posted:

Eh, only took me 3 tries. Maybe I got lucky.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
How are there so many max level X Forces out there? I have over 6 months and a ridiculous amount of hour put into this game and I barely have 3 covers for the guy, 2 of them from Daily rewards. Are there really that many people spending thousands just buying covers, shields, and health packs to reach 1300 on events? Basically every single team after 600 points has a level 270 X-Force.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Eh, I've been playing for a year and I have 10 covers, despite a couple months here and there that I barely played; I can easily see how someone with a little more luck, or the wherewithal to get 1st place sometimes, could have maxed covers without buying them.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sefer posted:

Eh, I've been playing for a year and I have 10 covers, despite a couple months here and there that I barely played; I can easily see how someone with a little more luck, or the wherewithal to get 1st place sometimes, could have maxed covers without buying them.

Yeah I started playing about six months ago and then didn't have internet for 3 and just got back to it and I have 3 covers. Probably could've gotten a couple more if I'd tried a bit harder, too.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

X-Force was one of the original characters, so everyone's had a chance to collect him for a long time, and I got a few through lucky cover drops.

I also got some through alliance season placement rewards. I got 3 from the daily rewards.

Most of them I farmed at the 1300 progression reward or coming 1st place.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Finally beat the gauntlet mission to get the Marvel cover on about my 7th try. Deadpool, GSBW, & Lazythor with no OBW to slow their progression toward their massive nukes is a BITCH. The entire time my 4/0/5 Hood taunted me mercilessly.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Finally beat the gauntlet mission to get the Marvel cover on about my 7th try. Deadpool, GSBW, & Lazythor with no OBW to slow their progression toward their massive nukes is a BITCH. The entire time my 4/0/5 Hood taunted me mercilessly.

Yeah that one was pretty rough. The one I had the most trouble with was Devil Dino, Colossus, and OBW. OBW can make a mediocre team just completely unbeatable sometimes.

e: Just beat the last gauntlet mission and it's actually super easy.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 2, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Regrettable posted:

Yeah that one was pretty rough. The one I had the most trouble with was Devil Dino, Colossus, and OBW. OBW can make a mediocre team just completely unbeatable sometimes.

That's the one I'm stuck on, mainly because my goto pair is Spidey and GSBW and OBW locks me out of that.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Apparently they're making all alliances able to have 20 members for free, starting Monday. Which is awesome. If anyone wants to join a tiny goon-run alliance named after a silly movie, apply to BoondockSaints! :v: I'm Rockarollica and I'm very active in PVEs and so is my co-commander EvilVin. I have terrible luck in pvp though, all my matches include a level 270 Wolverine and/or Nick Fury.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

crying at all the HP we threw in. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

crying at all the HP we threw in. :v:

I'm pretty sure we've made back way more HP from having a 20 person alliance than we spent back then. The value of having 20 people for this much time is worth it, particularly since we had it back when most alliances were small so we could still get covers without much effort.

I guess we're probably going to be getting fewer alliance rewards going forward, though, if there are going to be a bunch more 20 person ones.