Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOeVANMr9Zw
"whats your favorite horse?"
"we prefer to say whats your favorite pony"
"oh.

what's the difference?"

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

You got griefed.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

"oh.

what's the difference?"

jesus i loving cringed so hard my roommate thought i was choking on something
god drat that is a level of weird i hope to never meet

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

"oh.

what's the difference?"
I intentionally chose not to link that one when I was talking about Tagg before, because of all his videos it stands out as the one that's the least trolling-funny, and the most 'cringe at these awful, awful people'. You don't need to grief guys like that, because life griefed the poo poo out of them, and now they just sit there griefing themselves in horrible new ways every day.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

brony spotted

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Did he jump in front of the other guy at the end to get him kicked for friendly fire? :haw:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

You misunderstand. That wasn't "No" as in "Guys stop insulting the cartoon horses I want to gently caress". That was "No" as in "All of my organs have begun to shut down in revolt against continuing to listen to this video."

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

1stGear posted:

You misunderstand. That wasn't "No" as in "Guys stop insulting the cartoon horses I want to gently caress". That was "No" as in "All of my organs have begun to shut down in revolt against continuing to listen to this video."
No

But yeah, that video. He didn't have to do anything, just be here and it was still Uuuugggggghhhh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Alabaster White posted:

Did he jump in front of the other guy at the end to get him kicked for friendly fire? :haw:

That's what I assumed. Poor form to end the video rear end soon as it happened. Usually there would be a zoom in on the chat area to show the guy got kicked.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

That's what I assumed. Poor form to end the video rear end soon as it happened. Usually there would be a zoom in on the chat area to show the guy got kicked.

It doesn't show the cooldown message in the demos.

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 16, 2014

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

TheRagamuffin posted:

"Look at the state of you" is quite possibly the weakest burn I have ever heard.

Pretty sure it doesn't really cross into ice burn territory until you add, "For frigsake, like" on the end.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3J9__AY1Hk

csgo is fun

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQtbKiZOm8

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Goddamn dude I was doing that poo poo in the original cs you gotta work on updating your material

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Free Cheese posted:

Goddamn dude I was doing that poo poo in the original cs you gotta work on updating your material

Does it really surprise you that some Mygot dork is stuck in the 90s?

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Free Cheese posted:

why? it's fun.

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 27, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Does it really surprise you that some Mygot dork is stuck in the 90s?

wow rude

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
maybe his griefs would be funnier with more rape assault threats, makes u think

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Free Cheese posted:

At least he isn't threatening to rape a child anymore?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Not sure if unintentional griefing counts, but hey, content is content, and at least it isn't another Youtube video to scroll past.

I used to play WoW, and my character was a Forsaken -- a zombie. One of the Forsaken's less-than-amazing racial abilities was the ability to hold their breath underwater for a long, long time. This will be important later.

Several years ago, I went to Stormwind -- the Alliance capital, and a place hostile to me, one of the Horde -- in order to perform some inane task for the Fire Festival, a summer event. I'm max level, and with the exception of a few pieces of "festival" clothing, I'm decked out in some decent raid gear making me reasonably difficult to kill.

I sneak into town, extinguish the Alliance bonfire, and then I start to dance with some of the newbie Alliance characters nearby when I'm done. Most of them play along, laughing and dancing with me, while others simply ignore me. Standard stuff. But when all seemed calm, a lone Hero of the Alliance appeared! Decked in the finest level 15 newbie gear and wielding a weapon that would have difficulty carving butter, this champion decided to rid his fair city of the encroaching Horde invader.

He swings, and misses. He swings again, and misses. He swings yet again, and he hits! For, like, two damage. Part of me contemplated smacking him down, but I decided against it because, hey, I'm a guest in his city, and it'd be rude. So I just walk away with my new hostile buddy in tow. Eventually I hop into one of Stormwind's many canals and swim to the bottom to AFK while I got up to use the bathroom.

I returned and found my angry little human paladin friend's waterlogged corpse floating next to my Forsaken. The little guy had drowned trying to kill me while I was away. :smith:

Len posted:

At least he isn't threatening to rape a child anymore?

This is high internet praise considering Reddit and 4chan both continue to exist.

But yeah, seriously, what the hell was up with that?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:vince:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

:sbahj:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:golfclap:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

:snoop:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

:thurman:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:drat:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

well that image sure is something :captainpop:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Back in 2010 I spent way too long doing this

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not sure if unintentional griefing counts, but hey, content is content, and at least it isn't another Youtube video to scroll past.

I used to play WoW, and my character was a Forsaken -- a zombie. One of the Forsaken's less-than-amazing racial abilities was the ability to hold their breath underwater for a long, long time. This will be important later.
I told this story to a buddy of mine, who responded with a similar story. He used to take his rogue farming enemy lowbie areas, with his PVP flag up for various reasons. Most people would ignore him, but some lowbies would take offense at his Alliance presence. There was a Rogue talent deep in the Combat tree called Unfair Advantage, which meant any time you dodged an attack, you got an Unfair Advantage and struck back at your attacker. Admittedly it wasn't a lot of damage, but then again lowbies didn't take a lot of damage. So he'd just carry on farming, going AFK occasionally, and let people kill themselves on him.

Astrobastard posted:

Back in 2010 I spent way too long doing this
Explanation, plz? Those images are too teeny for me to make out just what's going on. Is that a portal back to the city it's in?

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Basically in Dalaran, which was a main hub during one of the expansion, there were portals to all of the major cities of your faction. Astrobastard was playing a mage and covered those portals with his own personal portals to those cities, but because no one else was in his party they're unusable. Which is why the person in the 2nd gif was asking if they were working for anyone else.

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

I wound up doing something similar a few years back.

I was putzing around in Stormwind on my shaman doing some daily quests, and some other level 85 started /poking and /laughing at me, as well as asking all sorts of questions about what shamans were like. Finally I noticed that he wasn't just following me, but actually had me on autofollow.

Yeah, same idea as above. I trotted the pair of us out to the docks, cast Water Breathing on myself, went swimming in the deepest part of Stormwind Harbor, and just sat there for a few minutes. The guy kept being annoying, then finally said "Like I'm going to drown here."

Then he started drowning and was dead before he could surface. I could only laugh. A lot. At him while I swam back to shore.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Death Dealer posted:

Basically in Dalaran, which was a main hub during one of the expansion, there were portals to all of the major cities of your faction. Astrobastard was playing a mage and covered those portals with his own personal portals to those cities, but because no one else was in his party they're unusable. Which is why the person in the 2nd gif was asking if they were working for anyone else.

Ah. I'd forgotten that those portals were only for people in your party.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmGFkDAhZw

anyone wanna play mm?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i like to play counter strike global offensive

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
WoW Shamans get a suite of abilities called totems. Casting one drops it at your feet and it does whatever it does, like shooting fireballs at nearby enemies or providing nearby allies with a buff. One of these was (I haven't played in a bit and don't know if it's been changed/removed) Magma Totem, which would, after a few seconds, explode and do damage to everybody within a short distance of the totem.

At some point, it was discovered that if a player dropped a Magma Totem and immediately left the game, as soon as the player left the totem would suddenly become neutral rather than belonging to the player's faction, and do damage to allied players. Very soon afterward shamans began wiping out entire low-level allied towns, with no way for the griefed players to retaliate. One notable use was to kill the level 1 characters used by spammers to advertise their wares. That latter use lead to some complaining when the bug was fixed- since the spammers mostly stuck to capital cities and Goldshire (a town just outside the human main city which is usually very overpopulated for some reason), it was rare for an enemy player to be able to get close enough to kill them without being swarmed by high-level players. So exploiting the magma totem bug was the only way to shut them up for a bit.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Goldshire (a town just outside the human main city which is usually very overpopulated for some reason),

The reasons are plentiful and they all involve dicks.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Orv posted:

The reasons are plentiful and they all involve dicks.

some involve vaginas too

Orv
May 4, 2011

Machai posted:

some involve vaginas too

And if both, it's probably two female avatars anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

To briefly explain for anyone not in the know, Goldshire is infamous on at least one realm (Moon Guard) for being a hub of erotic roleplaying. If you can think of anything, no matter how niche, disgusting, etc. it is, odds are good you'll find someone with a fetish for it in there.

• Locked thread