Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Today's #lifehack is all about lemons

http://www.trueactivist.com/45-uses-for-lemons-that-will-blow-your-socks-off/

Suck a lemon through a hole in the top and stop being sad. It's just that easy!

I propose a derail about what part of a lemon constitutes the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

theironjef posted:

I propose a derail about what part of a lemon constitutes the top.

#lifehack put a lemon in a glass of water that part above water is the top.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nobody in that organization is actually an autist.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shwqa posted:

#lifehack put a lemon in a glass of water that part above water is the top.

#lifehack Put the lime in the coconut and drink them both together.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

How do I drink a whole lime?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shwqa posted:

With rum

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Screaming Idiot posted:

#lifehack Call a doctor to relieve the bellyache

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Shwqa posted:

From the top

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:

The random selection of spaghettis make me think this picture comes from an "extreme couponer" which I'm honestly surprised hasn't been brought up yet as the ultimate stupid lifehack. These are folks that turn coupon clipping into a fulltime job. They get five or six concurrent newspaper subscriptions to maximize coupon intake, then go to stores gaming the system using a three inch stack of coupons to get 20 boxes of Reese's puffs and a palette of ramen for $1.50. They never buy the things they want but rather what they can get for pennies on the dollar, and end up with a massive hoard of food that expires before they can ever make use of it.

It's weird walking into folks houses and seeing stacks of coupons and enough mismatched food products to open up their own store. Yet newspaper companies hold seminars teaching folks about the system and in the process making bank selling subscriptions so that these folks can get even more coupons.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Blue Pyramid posted:

The random selection of spaghettis make me think this picture comes from an "extreme couponer" which I'm honestly surprised hasn't been brought up yet as the ultimate stupid lifehack. These are folks that turn coupon clipping into a fulltime job. They get five or six concurrent newspaper subscriptions to maximize coupon intake, then go to stores gaming the system using a three inch stack of coupons to get 20 boxes of Reese's puffs and a palette of ramen for $1.50. They never buy the things they want but rather what they can get for pennies on the dollar, and end up with a massive hoard of food that expires before they can ever make use of it.

It's weird walking into folks houses and seeing stacks of coupons and enough mismatched food products to open up their own store. Yet newspaper companies hold seminars teaching folks about the system and in the process making bank selling subscriptions so that these folks can get even more coupons.

I know someone who does the whole extreme couponing thing, but they pretty much donate everything they get to food banks, homeless shelters, etc. Which is the only real excuse I can think of for the whole thing that isn't a complete and utter waste.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FutonForensic posted:

PYF Life Hacks: I did not defecate

This is the man who many nerds think is the savior of humanity.

You know, with his more expesnive, lovely version of liquid nutrition meals that have existed for decades. That also have spent time to ensure they don't give you room clearing farts

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

This is the man who many nerds think is the savior of humanity.

You know, with his more expesnive, lovely version of liquid nutrition meals that have existed for decades. That also have spent time to ensure they don't give you room clearing farts

#lifehack drink about half your recommend daily water intake and destory the bacteria in your guts to save on water!

Seriously consumer household water use is such a small percent of total water usage. Flushing your toilet a few times a day isn't the problem. That might use about 10 gallons a day. In retrospect it takes 1.1 gallons of water to make a single almond.

And holy poo poo messing with your bacteria is a bad idea. my cousin nearly died from loving up his bacteria. He lost most of his body weight and has never fully recovered. To do that on propose is insane.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shwqa posted:

#lifehack drink about half your recommend daily water intake and destory the bacteria in your guts to save on water!

Seriously consumer household water use is such a small percent of total water usage. Flushing your toilet a few times a day isn't the problem. That might use about 10 gallons a day. In retrospect it takes 1.1 gallons of water to make a single almond.

And holy poo poo messing with your bacteria is a bad idea. my cousin nearly died from loving up his bacteria. He lost most of his body weight and has never fully recovered. To do that on propose is insane.

I hope that that nerd ends up having to have someone else's poop in his butt and that all the doctors laugh at him

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Wait how exactly are people "destroying their bacteria" by drinking some concoction they made based on a recipe off the internet. What the hell is in this stuff that it fucks up their intestinal flora to the point that they need a poop transplant?

I mean I imagine it must be some kind of non-food biocide that people normally would never think to consume, if it weren't for this snake-oil salesman telling them it was fine.

One born every minute... actually make that five, since world population has more or less quintupled since Barnum (allegedly) said that.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

jeebus bob posted:

Wait how exactly are people "destroying their bacteria" by drinking some concoction they made based on a recipe off the internet. What the hell is in this stuff that it fucks up their intestinal flora to the point that they need a poop transplant?

I mean I imagine it must be some kind of non-food biocide that people normally would never think to consume, if it weren't for this snake-oil salesman telling them it was fine.

One born every minute... actually make that five, since world population has more or less quintupled since Barnum (allegedly) said that.

I dunno, but there are people who have already put up DIY guides.

One item immediately caught my attention:
"A cheap blender or a ziploc bag" Because you are never using that for anything else ever again :barf:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

jeebus bob posted:

No it wasn't the soylent, he deliberately destroyed his gut bacteria by taking antibiotics known for killing gut bacteria. On purpose. So he wouldn't poop.

some idiot posted:

Feces are almost entirely deceased gut bacteria and water. I massacred my gut bacteria the day before by consuming a DIY Soylent version with no fiber and taking 500mg of Rifaximin, an antibiotic with poor bioavailability, meaning it stays in your gut and kills bacteria. Soylent's microbiome consultant advised that this is a terrible idea so I do not recommend it. However, it worked. Throughout the challenge I did not defecate.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

jeebus bob posted:

A Crazy Person posted:

Feces are almost entirely deceased gut bacteria and water. I massacred my gut bacteria the day before by consuming a DIY Soylent version with no fiber and taking 500mg of Rifaximin, an antibiotic with poor bioavailability, meaning it stays in your gut and kills bacteria. Soylent's microbiome consultant advised that this is a terrible idea so I do not recommend it. However, it worked. Throughout the challenge I did not defecate.

Edit: gently caress I was too slow.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

jeebus bob posted:

It wasn't people, it was one very dumb nerd that took a high dose of an antibiotic with poor bioavailability, allowing more of it to get to his gut flora where it can destroy his life. As an experiment to reduce his water waste. He also stopped wearing jeans and completely stopped pooping.

This is also the dumb nerd that made the horse poo poo that is Soylent. I've looked at the ingredients for it. I can make it for like 1/3rd of its price (while being better for you in every possible way) at any decent "custom protein" site. gently caress that guy.

lifehack: gently caress that guy, I'm too mad to put effort into this poo poo.

e: I done did get beat, yessir.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I think people need poop transplants when they've had that c. diff infection in hospital and the strong antibiotics needed to combat that destroy all their natural intestinal bugs.

Having seen a friend suffer with that infection, I cannot understand why anyone would put themselves through it deliberately. hosed up.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lifehack: Looking to lose weight quickly? Drink some bleach and hospitalize yourself- the doctors will have to give you a total gastrectomy, leaving you unable to absorb most calories you eat!
Bonus: think of all the pity sex you'll be having.

#bodyhacks

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Whoa, I thought everyone was joking about poop transplants, but then I looked it up and it's a real thing. :stare:

Also, there's a hilarious DIY at home poop transplant method explained at The Power of Poop website.

Lifehack: Learn about crazy poo poo literally (harhar) by reading the stupid life hacks thread.

VVVV I was thinking of a more House-esque thing where he just wants to torment the patient and his team, but yea, that sums it up nicely.

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Oct 29, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I'm not trying to defend extreme couponers here, but if any of them actually do something a stupid as have five or six newspaper subscriptions, then they are complete idiots.

Most of them get as many newspaper coupon inserts as they can for free. Either they get them from friends and family who won't use them, or they fish them out of dumpsters. And then on top of that they get the rest from coupon clipping websites. And I don't mean something like coupons.com (though I'm sure they use that, too) but websites where you buy physical coupons that someone else got and clipped out. They tend to cost $0.04 - $0.10 per coupon. My GF does some couponing...not NEARLY the level the crazies on TV do it. She gets one or two inserts for free a week from friends or coworkers, and looks at coupons.com, then matches them to any store sales. She spends maybe an hour a week doing it while watching TV or something...usually the drat Extreme Couponing show, or it's cousin, Extreme Cheapskates.

That being said, doing it to the levels they do on TV is stupid. For one, getting even a part-time job for those 20 hours a week they do couponing would probably help better, and two, no one needs a "stockpile" of fifty bottles of yellow mustard, seventy packs of sugar-free gum, and a hundred boxes of Cap'n Crunch (don't get me wrong, I love me some Cap'n Crunch, but that's overdoing it.)

Plus, what you see on TV can never happen in real life, anyway. No grocery store would let you tie up a register for three hours during checkout so you can run all of your purchases as five different transactions so that you don't break their "limit of 5 of the same coupon per order" policy. But since the stores get to be on TV, I'm sure they get compensated by TLC, so are more than willing to do it then.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Plus, what you see on TV can never happen in real life, anyway. No grocery store would let you tie up a register for three hours during checkout so you can run all of your purchases as five different transactions so that you don't break their "limit of 5 of the same coupon per order" policy. But since the stores get to be on TV, I'm sure they get compensated by TLC, so are more than willing to do it then.

Granted I've never seen the TV show so I don't know what exact level of insanity they get to, but I've seen plenty of stories of horrible couponers tying up register, splitting transactions, etc, maybe not for hours, but to the point it's still lovely because a lot of managers will bend over backwards to not lose a customer.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Shwqa posted:

In a coconut?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Oxyclean posted:

Granted I've never seen the TV show so I don't know what exact level of insanity they get to, but I've seen plenty of stories of horrible couponers tying up register, splitting transactions, etc, maybe not for hours, but to the point it's still lovely because a lot of managers will bend over backwards to not lose a customer.

People think they are entitled to whatever time at the register they want, and store policy is usually to never anger a customer no matter what. I think the only difference between reality and the show is generally that the crew doesn't want to film at the hours extreme coupon weirdos normally go to stores, so they set up midday shoots.

We used to get them at a Target I worked at. Generally they'd buy vast stacks of toothpaste or something with a manufacturer's 2 for 1 coupon, then return them all, knowing that manufacturer coupons weren't recognized in our system so we were basically paying out double their investment in returns. It took hours of standing there returning toothpastes to make a hundred bucks or something, but the sort of people that would do it were the sort that would do anything at all for "free money" and so they were very shameless. The only thing they generally learned was to do it late at night, because while Target staff literally can't say a drat thing to them about it, the people behind them in line can, and that was where all the altercations came from.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Karma Monkey posted:

Also, there's a hilarious DIY at home poop transplant method explained at The Power of Poop website.

This was what I was referencing, I just didn't want to be the guy that posted 'The Power of Poop' on SA because that's just nasty.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Lifehack: Poop out of your butt.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Pope Mobile posted:

Lifehack: Poop out of your butt.

no don't

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Use coupons to get your poop-on, buy TP by the pallet and get 50%off your next odor.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

darkhand posted:

Use coupons to get your poop-on, buy TP by the pallet and get 50%off your next odor.

Is there a Groupon poop-on coupon?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Karma Monkey posted:

Is there a Groupon poop-on coupon?

Can I use a Groupon coupon to buy Grey Poupon to get my poop on?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Be sure to swoop on the Groupon for Grey Poupon and clip those coupons for when you get your poop on.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Just make sure you leave the curtains drawn so your neighbors can get their snoop on.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Pope Mobile posted:

Be sure to swoop on the Groupon for Grey Poupon and clip those coupons for when you get your poop on.

Says someone clearly getting their Pope on.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
a good way to gently caress up your back

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Karma Monkey posted:

Just make sure you leave the curtains drawn so your neighbors can get their snoop on.

Nobody wants to snoop on someone gettin' their poop on (unless they're doing loop-the-loops with a hula hoop on)

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

monkeytennis posted:

I think people need poop transplants when they've had that c. diff infection in hospital and the strong antibiotics needed to combat that destroy all their natural intestinal bugs.

Having seen a friend suffer with that infection, I cannot understand why anyone would put themselves through it deliberately. hosed up.

Because he's an ignorant douchebag who thinks he's a nutritionist.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not sure what just happened in this thread but I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm not sure what just happened in this thread but I ruined it.