Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm a senior regular of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm a senior regular of them.

Sorry to hear that.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm going to be out of town when EU4: Art of War drops so maybe for once I'll be able to take advantage of some shady deep discount action

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I'm going to be out of town when EU4: Art of War drops so maybe for once I'll be able to take advantage of some shady deep discount action

Nuuvem my friend of the family.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hmm do i have my heir educated by my 7/25/13/8 brilliant strategist diligent brave eunuch or my 1/10/5/12 slothful gluttonous shy deceitful emperor tough decisions

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Luigi Thirty posted:

hmm do i have my heir educated by my 7/25/13/8 brilliant strategist diligent brave eunuch or my 1/10/5/12 slothful gluttonous shy deceitful emperor tough decisions

emperor. emperor. emperor

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

You'll end up with a misguided warrior with every single lovely trait imaginable.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You'll end up with a misguided warrior with every single lovely trait imaginable.

well i gave him to the eunuch and literally within 4 days he picked up Diligent so that's good enough for me, now i can educate him myself

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think Brilliant strategist is probably one of the best traits now. I never cared for the diplomacy one that Games creams itself over.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Big realm, I like Midas touch. Small Realm that's going to be punching its way out of trouble, then Brilliant Strategist is best.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I try to get either Brilliant Strategist or Master Theologian.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I try to get either Brilliant Strategist or Master Theologian.

What the deuce.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

any advice on adventurers? got one showing up with 8K troops when i can raise about half that. i might let him win and then just form a faction to put me back on the throne (since he's slavic and all my vassals are catholic) but some dipshit'll probably declare independence

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

any advice on adventurers? got one showing up with 8K troops when i can raise about half that. i might let him win and then just form a faction to put me back on the throne (since he's slavic and all my vassals are catholic) but some dipshit'll probably declare independence

Mercenaries. Let him split his stack to siege and bait him into unfavourable terrain. Also he'll probably boat over each stack individually so you can kill them as they disembark.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Big realm, I like Midas touch. Small Realm that's going to be punching its way out of trouble, then Brilliant Strategist is best.

byzantium is so filthy rich you don't really need good stewardship unless you need to consolidate for a reign. i try to breed as many of my kings into brilliant strategists as i can.

my magyar game i had a king that ended up with 28 martial, Winter Warrior, and Light Infantry Expert and i was beating lithuanian armies nearly twice my size defensively

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stewardships is for increasing demesne size, which has the follow on effects of increasing your troops, and making you invincible to factions, not getting gold.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

I always just assassinated them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I always just assassinated them.

very funny

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mercenaries. Let him split his stack to siege and bait him into unfavourable terrain. Also he'll probably boat over each stack individually so you can kill them as they disembark.

i'll try that again, but even with mercs it'll be tricky. unfortunately he spawned literally right next to me

Luigi Thirty posted:

byzantium is so filthy rich you don't really need good stewardship unless you need to consolidate for a reign. i try to breed as many of my kings into brilliant strategists as i can.

my magyar game i had a king that ended up with 28 martial, Winter Warrior, and Light Infantry Expert and i was beating lithuanian armies nearly twice my size defensively

i usually like to give my second sons martial educations since you don't have to have your king lead the armies personally

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not being funny. Maybe I just got lucky, but I always looked them up and sent guys to kill them in my Ireland game. It was pre-Charly though so maybe it's different now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or are adventurers not the same thing as the guys who take like a full year preparing to invade you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

ya they removed the ability to just send assassins after guys, you have to plot manually. it's a decent change for internal stuff so you have to bribe and wheedle your way into getting a plot going but for assassinating enemies in foreign courts it's a huge fuckin pain

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

He don't look so fat

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Island kingdom of Lanka took its first mainland province. Buddhist troop sprites look baller.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

epic patch notes but the wiz is a oval office or putting in an option in defines to make it color in wasteland on the political map if every province is controlled by the same guy... and then setting it to off by default so that turning it on invalidates iron man

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

epic patch notes but the wiz is a oval office or putting in an option in defines to make it color in wasteland on the political map if every province is controlled by the same guy... and then setting it to off by default so that turning it on invalidates iron man

I can't make heads or tails of this post.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I can't make heads or tails of this post.

- Wasteland provinces whose adjacent controllable provinces are all owned by one country will now take on the color of that country in political mapmode, if the COLOR_WASTELANDS define is set to 1

but if you go into defines in the game folder and set it to 1 then it prevents iron man

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

lol gently caress

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

- Wasteland provinces whose adjacent controllable provinces are all owned by one country will now take on the color of that country in political mapmode, if the COLOR_WASTELANDS define is set to 1

but if you go into defines in the game folder and set it to 1 then it prevents iron man
God drat it The Wiz.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh sick. I think this is less of a problem in recent patches but still

- Wars will now only ever change leaders when an overlord joins a subject's war and during league wars

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
family mode is turned on one of the elvira tables in pinball arcade and turning it off disables high score posting

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

# Coalitions
- Nations that lose a war against a coalition target now gets kicked out of the coalition
- No longer to join a coalition against a nation with which you have a truce

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I watched a cool pinball documentary the other day I forgot the name of and it made me want to play pinball.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Lol. People on the Paradox Forums were complaining that the new system of fixed terrain and river crossings made maneuver worthless and then....
- You no longer get river-crossing penalties if you have higher manuever than the defender

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

elf help book posted:

family mode is turned on one of the elvira tables in pinball arcade and turning it off disables high score posting

Crapple's rating system is really strict so if they turn off family mode they go to 17 and nobody buys their stuff anymore

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

THANK GOD
- Rebelhunting will now also include subjects' territory

and yikes but it makes sense for like 30 Years War and stuff
- Will no longer have a penalty to joining wars that have been going on for over 60 days

also this is bad rear end
- Decision to release the Kingdom of Jerusalem now updated for new map and will form Jerusalem instead if playing as KNI or CYP

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

Elvira is loving sexy, dude.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Are steam achievements really more important than pretty borders? For me... No.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Oh sick. I think this is less of a problem in recent patches but still

- Wars will now only ever change leaders when an overlord joins a subject's war and during league wars

About loving time. I'm sick of having my rear end pwned by opaque alliance chains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Are steam achievements really more important than pretty borders? For me... No.

same but still