Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Out of curiosity what are some cool PS4 things coming out? I've got some extra cash lying around and I havent really followed PS4 stuff at all. Single player preferably as judging from the destiny thread multiplayer on psn in general is a clusterfuck and I already have xbl.

I'm not sure what kind of games you're into but here are some of the following exclusives that will come out next year. Probably wait till then because at the moment both consoles have the same games.

Until Dawn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWelbl9B9w
The Order: 1886
Soma (probably also will be on PC)
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Everybody's gone to the rapture
No Man's Sky
Rime
Wild
RE2
some suda 7 game I forget the name of
+ every single multiplat will look and perform better

e: I didn't realize how many horror games will be coming to the PS4...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

+ every single multiplat will look and perform better

Well come on now that's not true is it. A lot of them will be the same, see Destiny and Diablo 3 and rear end creed unity as some recent examples. Plus all sports games except PES are the same.

Also no mans sky will be on PC and i reckon Xbox too eventually

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Well come on now that's not true is it. A lot of them will be the same, see Destiny and Diablo 3 and rear end creed unity as some recent examples. Plus all sports games except PES are the same.

There isn't a long list of games that look better on Xbox, though. There are two scenarios so far:

1) Game looks same on both
2) Game looks better on PS4

So owning a PS4 means you get equivalent or better looking. Owning an Xbox gets you equivalent or worse.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Seedge posted:

There isn't a long list of games that look better on Xbox, though. There are two scenarios so far:

So owning a PS4 means you get equivalent or better looking. Owning an Xbox gets you equivalent or worse.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i keep forgetting that the point of videogames is to have the best version of a videogame, not whether you actually play it or enjoy it

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Seedge posted:

THat's true, but with xbox you get online multiplayer that actually works, a bunch of DLNA stuff, TV input, all the snapping poo poo, dominoes pizza, a better controller, cool voice commands, a camera, better quality voice chat, Live buddy with crafty, monthly UI updates, Sunset OD, Forza, Titanfall, Master chief collection, NO driveclub, EA Access. Plus it's 50 dollars cheaper.

No brainer really

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

matrix ripoff posted:

i keep forgetting that the point of videogames is to have the best version of a videogame, not whether you actually play it or enjoy it
until just a few days ago, the ps4 was both prettier and cheaper in terms of hardware

now it's just prettier and not the product of bumbling tomfoolery

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Crafty, what is your GT, because I don't think I've had the pleasure of adding you.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

on the other hand

Crafty posted:

with xbox you get dominoes pizza
i mean thats a p. compelling argument, sony should get off their butts

edit: pizza butts

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

Crafty, what is your GT, because I don't think I've had the pleasure of adding you.

It's crybabygeeks I have 38 friends right now, Pushing for the big 4 zero.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Crafty posted:

hellz, ya

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

we need some kinda celebration for when crafty gets 40 gaming buds

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Great Joe posted:

on the other hand

i mean thats a p. compelling argument, sony should get off their butts

edit: pizza butts

I used to be a manager at dominos. Their old crust was poo poo but the new dough recipe they use is pretty okay

However the one I worked at is ran by an idiot who doesn't want to give customers the amount of toppings required by corporate to save a few bucks so everyone just goes to pizza hut here since they pile on the loving toppings :yum:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

You had 41 before I added you, congrats.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

THat's true, but with xbox you get online multiplayer that actually works, a bunch of DLNA stuff, TV input, all the snapping poo poo, dominoes pizza, a better controller, cool voice commands, a camera, better quality voice chat, Live buddy with crafty, monthly UI updates, Sunset OD, Forza, Titanfall, Master chief collection, NO driveclub, EA Access. Plus it's 50 dollars cheaper.

No brainer really

I've had no trouble with any online multiplayer short of the Destiny launch, I don't use DLNA, I have a TV remote, can order pizza on the web browser, controllers are personally subjective, the PS4 can do voice commands with any mic, party chat got a clear improvement with 2.0, we don't need updates to give us things like controller battery life because we had them at launch, Forza is on 360, Titanfall is on 360, MCC is on 360, a free racing game demo (whenever we get it) is bad?

I agree that I wish I could be live buddy with Crafty, though.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Haquer posted:

I used to be a manager at dominos. Their old crust was poo poo but the new dough recipe they use is pretty okay

However the one I worked at is ran by an idiot who doesn't want to give customers the amount of toppings required by corporate to save a few bucks so everyone just goes to pizza hut here since they pile on the loving toppings :yum:

Pizza hut pizzas are too sweet, they make me feel sick. Dominos really is the best, Pepperoni dream is my jam.

Frozen pizza wise Dr Oetker makes a lovely thin crust, Pizza Ristorante. No app though :(

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Haquer posted:

lol

up here you can ask them to weigh the toppings before putting them on, but if you do that you usually get less

oh yeah and dr oetker is p. cool, they got a pizza that has tortilla chips on it, tastes boss

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

well if you're going to play an online game it's probably better to get the bigger playerbase.

that's not me being a console warrior that's just probably true, I think

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

You had 41 before I added you, congrats.

:wow:

I actually had no idea. I'm currently boneless as I sold my black bone so I can buy the white bone when it's released here. 50, here i come! :woop:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

:wow:

I actually had no idea. I'm currently boneless as I sold my black bone so I can buy the white bone when it's released here. 50, here i come! :woop:

You mean yesterday? And in a country not getting the $50 discount so you might as well buy it now anyway?

Also how much did your secondhand Bone go for? I'm actually legit curious.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

You mean yesterday? And in a country not getting the $50 discount so you might as well buy it now anyway?

I'm in the UK now (please keep up). It releases on Friday here.

I sold my bone in Canada for $395. It was boxed and with Kinect. Met a nice fellow in the Scotiabank Cinema mall in downtown Toronto and he paid in cold hard Canadian dollars.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

I'm in the UK now (please keep up).

I'm trying to keep up but you're Crafty.

:rimshot:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
:haw:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Bobtista posted:

Any game that panders to reddit is automatically dogshit. gently caress reddit.

there is a comic book running right now that is about a reddit meme that destroys the world. I read it because it jives pretty well with my opinion that reddit is so terrible that it might literally be the end of mankind.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

I'm trying to keep up but you're Crafty.

:rimshot:

You're in Vancouver right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

You're in Vancouver right?

No, but I was. Please keep up. :v: In Montreal.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

No, but I was. Please keep up. :v: In Montreal.

We really are the jet set generation.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

We really are the jet set generation.

I really want a Jet Set sequel, hopefully the grinding success of SO allows this to happen.

Gum++

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

I really want a Jet Set sequel, hopefully the grinding success of SO allows this to happen.

Gum++

I'd buy it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

I'd buy it

I want to win the lottery just to fund it.

EDIT: And a Sequel to V:tM Bloodlines.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So many good thing from Xbox recently

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

oknope posted:

So many good thing from Xbox recently

a cornucopia. Leaves me thinking "what's next?"

edit: right on cue https://twitter.com/RobSemsey/status/527287251823108096

Crafty fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 29, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Oh it's the cinematic stuff http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/halo-2-trailer-exclusive-comparisons/

Texibus
May 18, 2008

univbee posted:

Bought mine for $300 and it came with a kinnect, controller, headset, and third party headset adapter. This was in Detroit, the Canada of the upper mid-west.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Soonmot posted:

EDIT: And a Sequel to V:tM Bloodlines.

God I want this so loving bad. I generally put it at #3 on my list of favorite games of all time

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 29, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

after spending a few hours with SO i have to say: it really is an awful infamous rip off with humor that is somehow sub saints row/borderlands standard

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

after spending a few hours with SO i have to say: it really is an awful infamous rip off with humor that is somehow sub saints row/borderlands standard

Yeah, as well all know infamous pioneered the open world genre. Really ground breaking stuff.

Judging from the impressions i've read it sounds like they are similar games but SO is a bit better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Yeah, as well all know infamous pioneered the open world genre. Really ground breaking stuff.

Judging from the impressions i've read it sounds like they are similar games but SO is a bit better.

having actually played both they are similar games, but SO is more repetitive and slow in comparison.

beyond gameplay, the graphics in SO are so far down from SS its incredible they are technically both running on next gen consoles. infamous doesnt have huge amounts of environment destruction but what it does have lends a much stronger sense of... well destruction compared to SO.

havnt played enough of SO to comment on long term/late game, but will be interesting to see if they can keep mixing things up as they did in SS with the different powers etc.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sony and Pizza Hut are working on the dehydration technology from Back to the Future 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

having actually played both they are similar games, but SO is more repetitive and slow in comparison.

beyond gameplay, the graphics in SO are so far down from SS its incredible they are technically both running on next gen consoles. infamous doesnt have huge amounts of environment destruction but what it does have lends a much stronger sense of... well destruction compared to SO.

havnt played enough of SO to comment on long term/late game, but will be interesting to see if they can keep mixing things up as they did in SS with the different powers etc.

Yeah sounds like SO is a bit better than Infamous then.

Plus you get multiplayer on SO, i don't think there was any multi in Infamous

• Locked thread