Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Do people really care what Hawke looks like?

Ya!!!! Especially if Hawke isn't white (mine is though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mymla posted:

Filling out the DA1 tapestry was easy.
Filling out the DA2 tapestry is hard as gently caress because I can't remember who any of these people are.

A bit more context for the various sidequests and minor NPCs would be nice.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Do I have to fill out some dumb tapestry or can I just import my save games from DA1 and DA2 into DA:I?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ no save game importing. You have to fill out the tapestry, or have it autopopulate a random world setting (based off your achievements) and hope for the best.

CitrusFrog posted:

A bit more context for the various sidequests and minor NPCs would be nice.

I honestly don't understand why they didn't have a few extra sentences building up each choice. It's rather bland the way it is now. Pick this or pick that is basically what you're getting a lot of the time, and it has about the same impact.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Do I have to fill out some dumb tapestry or can I just import my save games from DA1 and DA2 into DA:I?

You can't import savegames into Inqisition. You can import them into the Keep, and then you can import that world state into DA:I. The tapestry you get from importing your saves might not line up correctly with what the Keep imports though. It doesn't take too long to look over your choices though, just give it a try.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
So I might have screwed up. I did the keep, and it imported all my achievements from DA:O... problem is, I'm only a part of the way through DA:O, so none of the decisions it made for me are what I'm going to do in the game.

Am I going to have to change the tapestry manually or what?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

CrusherEAGLE posted:

So I might have screwed up. I did the keep, and it imported all my achievements from DA:O... problem is, I'm only a part of the way through DA:O, so none of the decisions it made for me are what I'm going to do in the game.

Am I going to have to change the tapestry manually or what?

This is the way it is supposed to work. But you can always just watch the movie thing for the major decisions and either use the default for the rest, or randomise them if you can't be bothered with the tapestry.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I seriously don't remember any of these DA2 characters that I'm supposed to decide are alive or not.

Karras? Gascard? Who the gently caress

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

BrianWilly posted:

I seriously don't remember any of these DA2 characters that I'm supposed to decide are alive or not.

Karras? Gascard? Who the gently caress

Karras - templar from act 1 who wanted to exterminate run away mages from Starkhaven. Also implied to be raping mages later in the game. Gascard was a blood mage from Act 1 who has connections to the serial killer who murders Hawke's mom.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:thumbsup: Ah, thanks! That covers two out of the trillion random Kirkwallians I don't remember.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I found this site helped for the millions of tiny subquests I couldn't remember: http://thedialoguewheel.wordpress.com/

Click on "older posts" to see more categories

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

BrianWilly posted:

:thumbsup: Ah, thanks! That covers two out of the trillion random Kirkwallians I don't remember.

np man im here for u if u need any other explanations uwu

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

Mymla posted:

Filling out the DA1 tapestry was easy.
Filling out the DA2 tapestry is hard as gently caress because I can't remember who any of these people are.

Yeah seriously. I finished DA2 last week and I don't remember anything. Yehven? Javaris? Ginnis? Even reading the wikis for them I don't remember anything. DA:O I played once four years ago and still remember most of it.

DA2's badness is overstated in some ways and completely understated in others. Like that quest where you're trying to set up Aveline with the guard dude and you have to keep the patrol clear so they can chat on the mountain or whatever. Aveline is mostly not annoying, so it should be kinda cute and charming, right? Except the quest involves you slaughtering hordes of dogs by the dozens while they make sad, pained dog noises. Like, the gently caress? By the end you're playing matchmaker while covered head to toe in the blood of dogs. hosed up poo poo

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Just select any option that ends with a character's death, even if you don't remember them. The world is a better place with less Kirkwall inhabitants in it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drifter posted:

^^^ no save game importing. You have to fill out the tapestry, or have it autopopulate a random world setting (based off your achievements) and hope for the best.

That's for the best because I don't remember half the poo poo I did in the last two games.

e: Well it can't find my DA:O hero but it found the DA2 one.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 30, 2014

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Marin Karin posted:

Just select any option that ends with a character's death, even if you don't remember them. The world is a better place with less Kirkwall inhabitants in it.

Its funny how everything involving the Kirkwall tapestry is just HERE'S THIS poo poo LORD. DID THEY DIE IN THIS ACT OR IN THIS ACT? Even the Keep doesn't think much of the second game.

Although its great that the keep allows you to be involved in crimewave in Origins even if you weren't a sneaky knife person.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
DA:I achievements:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dragon-age-inquisition/Achievements_and_Trophies?save=successful

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh wow I don't remember most of this poo poo at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Birudojin posted:

I'm still not sure what my own world state will be, aside from possibly just mashing the random button until I get something where all elves are dead.

I like you, friend.

Lotish posted:

I wonder how they're going to segue into it though. I mean we've seen the intro to the game. You pick your race, class and world state, start the game, and then a default Inquisitor stands up and the editing begins. But when will editing Hawke happen? Will you be in the middle of a dramatic scene, turn to a default Hawke stepping into camera, and then suddenly the edit window pops up? We've seen Hawke several times now, so we know it's going to come up, I'm just curious how they plan to handle it.

The perfect way to do it would be the way Hawke was first introduced. That was pretty good, too bad they didn't have more than one or two instances of that in the whole game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I like you, friend.

The perfect way to do it would be the way Hawke was first introduced. That was pretty good, too bad they didn't have more than one or two instances of that in the whole game.

I can see editing Hawke coming up in a Varric conversation.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Why did they keep the pap blood smear for default Hawke though?

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Why did they keep the pap blood smear for default Hawke though?

Why wouldn't you keep the blood smear for default Hawke?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I imagine it could also be done through interacting with Varric's book, "The Tale of the Campion". Bonus points if it's the one Cassandra stabbed.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

I think default Hawke looks pretty cool - both genders (the red splash is obviously a birthmark yall). I'd like my personal Hawke to show up but it doesn't particularly bother me either way.

nah it's blood

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

oatgan posted:

nah it's blood

Not gonna lie, when I saw this the first time, I thought it was awesome. I didn't care about the material or know where Kirkwall was, so combined with calling him 'The Champion' I imagined it'd be some kind of rad story of a Chasind barbarian becoming champion over a bunch of tribes.

Thus the blood-face-paint.

But there's... literally no reason for it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

KittyEmpress posted:

Not gonna lie, when I saw this the first time, I thought it was awesome. I didn't care about the material or know where Kirkwall was, so combined with calling him 'The Champion' I imagined it'd be some kind of rad story of a Chasind barbarian becoming champion over a bunch of tribes.

Thus the blood-face-paint.

But there's... literally no reason for it.

*waves hands in the air* Character Design! *hands fall off*

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

A lot of speculation at the time of the trailer was that game would respond to Hawke being a blood mage, and the smear was just part of it. Of course that wasn't the case. That said, Destiny trailer Hawke looks amazing and I'm glad he looks closer to that design in the Inquisition shots we've seen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Actually the worst thing about not being able to import my Warden from DA:O isn't that I remember none of this (and it probably doesn't matter) but that the savior of the world is no longer a racist elf barbarian called Dongalor.

e: Also I never did the expansions so none of these options mean anything.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 30, 2014

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."
My copy of DA2 arrived in the mail. I think I'll put ME aside for now, because I really want to play DA2 before Inquisition so that I know what I'm doing when I fill out the World States.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

RBA Starblade posted:

[...] the savior of the world is no longer a racist elf barbarian called Dongalor.

I can't stop laughing. This is probably why I'm a goon.

I also should stop reading this thread because I have to play awakening and DA2 still. (So... Definitely not getting inquisition at launch)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ChiTownEddie posted:

I also should stop reading this thread because I have to play awakening and DA2 still. (So... Definitely not getting inquisition at launch)

You've got time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChiTownEddie posted:

Seriously I didn't like DA:O's gameplay at all but I set it to easy and cruised through just because I enjoyed the rest so much. I also made Alistair run away crying, killed Wynne because Dongalor (and myself) was only half paying attention to Morrigan and only heard the "you're all sheep" part and not the "so you should die" part, and killed Zevran because I didn't pay attention to him either. Then Dongalor made out with Morrigan in a really clunky and hilarious sex scene and now he has a demon baby or something.

I played DA2 as a mage and while the gameplay still wasn't great I at least got the npcs to be useful and just pressed every button on the keyboard to kill everything every wave. I'm really looking forward to Inquisition now, especially the co-op! The multiplayer was the best part of ME3 and I hope it is here too. This is also the first time I've paid full price for a DA game; I got DA:O for free and DA2 for ten bucks.

e: Huh, this tapestry thing doesn't have anything about how I made a new homeland for my fellow racist elves. That sucks, but DA2 ignored it too so whatever.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 30, 2014

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

After firing up the Keep and setting up my world state, I hit the button to listen to Varric's recap. Once it finished the long recounting of DAO's story, it abruptly cuts and he boldly pronounced that "It all began in Kirkwall!!!" The recap promptly poo poo itself thirty seconds later.

Might be a bug, but "making GBS threads itself" felt like a fitting summary of DA2 to me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's odd, but for all the hard work that obviously went into the design of the DAKeep, It's all very half-assed and shallow when it comes to the actual plots and whatnot.

Now, I knowit's much easier to put a thirty second rando character or passing comment from DA1 or DA2 into the game than it is to create an in game world where all the elves became immortal again and created a new Kingdom of grass fairies or whatever, but even the things it DOES ask you about it just says BLANK: (Y)es or (N)o?

I would have expected better from the paid intern putting this text together.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

escalator dropdown posted:

After firing up the Keep and setting up my world state, I hit the button to listen to Varric's recap. Once it finished the long recounting of DAO's story, it abruptly cuts and he boldly pronounced that "It all began in Kirkwall!!!" The recap promptly poo poo itself thirty seconds later.

Might be a bug, but "making GBS threads itself" felt like a fitting summary of DA2 to me.

Sounds like the one time I was able to get the Varric Recap to play. Got through about 3/4s of DA:O and then imploded. Tried playing it earlier today and got nothing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Drifter posted:

It's odd, but for all the hard work that obviously went into the design of the DAKeep, It's all very half-assed and shallow when it comes to the actual plots and whatnot.

Now, I knowit's much easier to put a thirty second rando character or passing comment from DA1 or DA2 into the game than it is to create an in game world where all the elves became immortal again and created a new Kingdom of grass fairies or whatever, but even the things it DOES ask you about it just says BLANK: (Y)es or (N)o?

I would have expected better from the paid intern putting this text together.

Eh, it's about what you'd get for an import. At least now you can freely toggle things if you don't like the current cameo. Still, I do agree that it does seem weird how it glosses over some bigger plot points while adding in nearly irrelevant side quests.

I'm still glad to have it now that I've got my world states just the way I like em.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Eh, it's about what you'd get for an import. At least now you can freely toggle things if you don't like the current cameo. Still, I do agree that it does seem weird how it glosses over some bigger plot points while adding in nearly irrelevant side quests.

I'm still glad to have it now that I've got my world states just the way I like em.

What big plot points do you think the Keep skipped over?

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah the keep is lacking in expanded info for the people / situations. If I can't remember something offhand, either the results or the people themselves, I just use a dragon age wiki. Was useful in remember Karras. Settled on two world states. One pro-mage with warden and hawke being mages. The other a pro-Templar / Chantry with warden and hawke as rogues. It was fun setting it up. And now back to waiting for another two weeks.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
While looking at the entry for the DA:I Digital Deluxe Edition on Origin a few days ago it said that some free future DLC would be included. I visited the store today and the landing link takes to you to the DDE which has been updated, that text mentioning free DLC was removed. Just a FYI in case anyone had a preorder for it or whatever, just get the standard anyway because those digital deluxe things are almost always silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SgtSteel91 posted:

What big plot points do you think the Keep skipped over?

The boon from the end of Origins is the biggest one, in my opinion. Possibilities include Ferelden armies helping the dwarves reclaim much of the Deep Roads, the Alienage being named a formal division of Ferelden (bannord or arldom, don't remember) and the PC its representative in the Landsmeet, or the Southern Wilds formally given to the Dalish elves as rightful territory.

• Locked thread