Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I personally had a great time leading pirate content with one of the largest pirate fleets we've had in awhile, and we were able to have fun while respecting our fishing agreements 100%. Even though DBRB and others cried so much to Riyott he had to leave his IRL Friends and rush home to try and ban me on mumble, once everyone in the channel explained I, and the others did nothing wrong, he left satisfied that the pirates, once again, were on the right side of justice.

C'mon bud, give us the juicy details! People having fun will attract new players!

e: I can't believe people texted Riyott, and that he went home.

Here's a few snaps I took the other day.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

e: I can't believe people texted Riyott, and that he went home.

im not sure whats worse. that people were so angry about this video game that they texted riyott while he was away, or that riyott actually dropped whatever he was doing irl to deal with video game drama

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Charles Bukowski posted:

C'mon bud, give us the juicy details! People having fun will attract new players!

Well,

Tonight I was prompted to begin getting active again after being encouraged by Dirty and others, so I decided to take a pirate fleet out.

Now, I know the rule that our fishing pact has is as follows:

quote:

Don't attack greens at schools of fish if they are fishing with other Goons. Also don't be dicks and hang around just outside of view range waiting for them to return. (yes people have done this too)

If you see Greens fishing and there's no Goons fishing the same spot, feel free to push their poo poo in.

That is straight off of our "diplomat's" post about it.

So we went looking for targets in spots close to our continent. On the way, we picked up a couple of green fishing boats not allied to us, and blew them up and got packs, we saw an allied one (in the strategic sense not fishing pact sense) and let it go, of course.

Then came fishing spot number one. Must have had, I don't know, four green fishing boats. We thoroughly checked, and made sure no goons were present so we wouldn't be loving other goons. Once we were sure, we blew them all up and got more packs in 5 minutes than a group would fishing for two hours. Towards the end of killing greens, a goon boat showed up (presumably to fish) so we promptly left. On our way to the second spot, fishing goons began to sperg and froth hard, invading our channel, despite having done nothing wrong.

I guess when they wrote the rules, they never expected us to actually follow them. In any case, DBRB and a few others began spamming Riyott like CRAZY on his mobile IRC to come on mumble and ban me for violating our fishing pact. Of course, when he got in, he found out I didn't, and the other 30 in the channel, even some more level headed fishing goons, agreed with that.

Anyway, we found a second fishing spot, again, after searching for a few minutes, no goons. So we pushed more green guild poo poo in. Sunk all their boats, took their fish. Sunk all the boats around them. Sunk all the boats going from the spot and shore. We probably collected ~500g in fish when it was all said and done.

Despite all of this though, fishing goons were really upset. We didn't know why, they wrote the agreement, and we followed it to the letter. In any event, I came back to the game, we had a GREAT time, huge, unnecessary drama was had, and a bunch of pirates got a bunch of gold in their pockets, that involved having a lot of fun and not clicking the equivalent of a quick time event for fifteen minutes.

I guess when it comes right down to it -- I was wrong all about fishing. Fishing IS a lot of fun, it's quick and easy when you let people fill their expensive fishing boats full of marlin and just let you glide on in and liberate them.

//edit I don't get it, people were complaining for two pages about me not being around to provide content, I log in, make content, many goons have a great time, and some of those same people are still butthurt. :iiam:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 30, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I unironically love you.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
That is simply too funny and sounds like a lot of fun. It is the best story this thread has had as well.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kimsemus posted:

Well,

Tonight I was prompted to begin getting active again after being encouraged by Dirty and others, so I decided to take a pirate fleet out.

So we went looking for targets in spots close to our continent. On the way, we picked up a couple of green fishing boats not allied to us, and blew them up and got packs, we saw an allied one (in the strategic sense not fishing pack sense) and let it go, of course.

Then came fishing spot number one. Must have had, I don't know, four green fishing boats. We thoroughly checked, and made sure no goons were present so we wouldn't be loving other goons. Once we were sure, we blew them all up and got more packs in 5 minutes than a group would fishing for two hours. Towards the end of killing greens, a goon boat showed up (presumably to fish) so we promptly left. On our way to the second spot, fishing goons began to sperg and froth hard, invading our channel, despite having done nothing wrong.

I guess when they wrote the rules, they never expected us to actually follow them. In any case, DBRB and a few others began spamming Riyott like CRAZY on his mobile IRC to come on mumble and ban me for violating our fishing pact. Of course, when he got in, he found out I didn't, and the other 30 in the channel, even some more level headed fishing goons, agreed with that.

Anyway, we found a second fishing spot, again, after searching for a few minutes, no goons. So we pushed more green guild poo poo in. Sunk all their boats, took their fish. Sunk all the boats around them. Sunk all the boats going from the spot and shore. We probably collected ~500g in fish when it was all said and done.

Despite all of this though, fishing goons were really upset. We didn't know why, they wrote the agreement, and we followed it to the letter. In any event, I came back to the game, we had a GREAT time, huge, unnecessary drama was had, and a bunch of pirates got a bunch of gold in their pockets, that involved having a lot of fun and not clicking the equivalent of a quick time event for fifteen minutes.

I guess when it comes right down to it -- I was wrong all about fishing. Fishing IS a lot of fun, it's quick and easy when you let people fill their expensive fishing boats full of marlin and just let you glide on in and liberate them.

//edit I don't get it, people were complaining for two pages about me not being around to provide content, I log in, make content, many goons have a great time, and some of those same people are still butthurt. :iiam:

DBRB being a cock? I never...

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Well,

So we went looking for targets in spots close to our continent. On the way, we picked up a couple of green fishing boats not allied to us, and blew them up and got packs, we saw an allied one (in the strategic sense not fishing pack sense) and let it go, of course.

Hey man, I'm glad you had fun and got some goons to have fun.
I don't really have any say in the fish thing, because I don't fish so w/e.

I don't know anything about Riyott getting called but thats pretty funny/sad

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's really dumb that you've got something that is intended to be a high-risk/high-reward activity and people are furious when someone injects the risk back into it. Yes, it turns out that the most lucrative activity in the game that also puts you into a position to be easily murdered might require a little bit of thought to not get all your poo poo stolen.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Give a goon a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and we'll read of spergy meltdowns about it.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 30, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

30.5 Days posted:

It's really dumb that you've got something that is intended to be a high-risk/high-reward activity and people are furious when someone injects the risk back into it. Yes, it turns out that the most lucrative activity in the game that also puts you into a position to be easily murdered might require a little bit of thought to not get all your poo poo stolen.

That was the entire story of wushu. A pvp game where you had to check a box that says you are ok with pvp every time you log in.

There were poo poo fits everywhere even from goons. I'm glade archeage is the same that goons still throw poo poo fits.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ragnoxiii posted:

Full Arcane GHA is like barely adequite. I have full Heroic GHA plate and a darkrunner with the Kraken spear 2 shot me.

With Goonsquad's numbers why the gently caress aren't you guys cockblocking other guilds from the kraken? It takes like 2 minutes and 2 galleon deaths to entirely gently caress an attempt. The huge West faction alliance on Ollo despawns everything if they find out that my guild is bringing even 15 people because that's enough to take a lightly-manned galleon and start feeding ships to the Kraken.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Deki posted:

With Goonsquad's numbers why the gently caress aren't you guys cockblocking other guilds from the kraken? It takes like 2 minutes and 2 galleon deaths to entirely gently caress an attempt. The huge West faction alliance on Ollo despawns everything if they find out that my guild is bringing even 15 people because that's enough to take a lightly-manned galleon and start feeding ships to the Kraken.

The main eastern guild that does it, Forestcrow, can right now put roughly the same number of dudes on the field as us and vastly outskill/outgear most of our guys. We ruined their attempts for a few nights working with other guilds, but quite frankly, they were determined to get it done, and many goons go to the point where wasting their entire night not doing something fun and getting nothing out of it made camping kraken not worth it. The poopsock of some of the Aranzeb guilds cannot be underestimated.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Wicked, with only 130 members total and an average of 60-70 online managed to contest it long enough to get a seat at the Kraken table. It takes very very little to gently caress a kraken attempt.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The story goes Wicked wanted to contest it and we did all the work. But then the stories change and goons are just itching to gently caress with Wicked sometimes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No one felt like contesting it for several days and some people had been up for days.

Instead of doing something dumb like that they talked it out.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Didn't you guys manage to get a few forestcrow to ragequit during that too?

It seems more goons ragequit as a result though.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Morbidmind posted:

Wicked, with only 130 members total and an average of 60-70 online managed to contest it long enough to get a seat at the Kraken table. It takes very very little to gently caress a kraken attempt.

lol if you think goons will sit at the kraken for more than an hour to contest it

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Yeah, I know that all too well. It's been impossible for my guild to get a kill past the server's first due to a massive server imbalance and a bunch of green guilds that gently caress us over out of spite for not being invited to our kill.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Goons are too busy calling each other pedophiles and getting mad about fish to sit and concentrate on something like the kraken.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Didn't you guys manage to get a few forestcrow to ragequit during that too?

It seems more goons ragequit as a result though.

Only person to rage quit from FC was Drinkfist. Drinkfist the goon. None of the FC members left.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

He came back and joined grithoks fancy lads and we twirled around.

The kraken is a dumb experience if you go to kill it for loot. It is an ok experience if you go there to gently caress over people.

Sitting there waiting to gently caress over something or get your chance at it is just not fun and dumb as all hell. Anyone who suggests doing this at the kraken has poo brains.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Goons are too busy calling each other pedophiles and getting mad about fish to sit and concentrate on something like the kraken.

To be fair I would probably loving jump for joy if it was removed. Theres a lot of fun PvP that happens due to that fight, but the amount of wipes and sitting on your rear end waiting for the reds to just loving attack already is the most annoying thing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

That Works posted:

DBRB being a cock? I never...

DBRB is a giant human being and should go back to grinding towers in EVE like the bitch he is.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Goons bailing on those Kraken ops when we did was the smartest thing we could have done. Wicked wanted us to poopsock and camp the kraken for days on end and gently caress that poo poo, I play this game for fun and that's not fun.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I wouldn't have minded camping it, but we weren't the guild there to kill the Kraken, Wicked was. We were just defending them basically, and while destroying FC junks was fun, after six hours it got kind of old. If were the guild contesting the Kraken, I maybe would have cared a bit more. Unless I'm mistaken, we didn't even have an arrangement for taking turns with Wicked at the time so they probably would have wanted us to do the same thing the next time.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

I wouldn't have minded camping it, but we weren't the guild there to kill the Kraken, Wicked was. We were just defending them basically, and while destroying FC junks was fun, after six hours it got kind of old. If were the guild contesting the Kraken, I maybe would have cared a bit more. Unless I'm mistaken, we didn't even have an arrangement for taking turns with Wicked at the time so they probably would have wanted us to do the same thing the next time.

Haha gently caress, 6 hours? On Ollo after one or two wipes attempts are usually called off. I couldn't even imagine 6 hours of that.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Arcade posted:

And when it came down to Auroria, somehow it was arranged that Wicked was getting the first castle for our side, instead of us. The "alliance" began to stink. It's why when Wicked got into a twist about goons making a deal for Freedick with Forestcrow, we didn't hesitate.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deki posted:

Haha gently caress, 6 hours? On Ollo after one or two wipes attempts are usually called off. I couldn't even imagine 6 hours of that.

imagine it for 3 days where people were up all night

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Holyshoot posted:

DBRB is a giant human being and should go back to grinding towers in EVE like the bitch he is.

These are the people you share a guild with.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Third World Reggin posted:

imagine it for 3 days where people were up all night

Time works the same way.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine using the word 'human being' as a pejorative unironically in the year of our lord gaben 2014.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also lol at the accusations that Kimsemus is trying to stage a coup in the guild. The dude just likes PvP, stop being fucktards.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Also lol at the accusations that Kimsemus is trying to stage a coup in the guild. The dude just likes PvP, stop being fucktards.

Accusations where?

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
hello I am forest crow scum what is the tax so I can pay it

edit: nvm, that was hilarious though keep it up
edit2: kzn I luv u

iSovereign fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 30, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hey what I want to know is why can't you just fish in like a small lake or something, or on a a river, and role play your dad experience, so you never encounter the seamen? thanks.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

He melted down here too. :twisted:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hey what I want to know is why can't you just fish in like a small lake or something, or on a a river, and role play your dad experience, so you never encounter the seamen? thanks.

You can do this, but then I'll come along in my clipper and capsize your rowboat.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mimetic posted:

You can do this, but then I'll come along in my clipper and capsize your rowboat.

ok let's assuem i have a galleon and i'm fishing with that. inside of a pond.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ok let's assuem i have a galleon and i'm fishing with that. inside of a pond.

A classy thing to do and I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you're goin' fishin' an rear end beatin' pirates will be dishin'

• Locked thread