Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HyperPuma posted:

ima get a 970 instead

a wise choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

dynamic super resolution is good and cool :)

though im not happy with a bad person giving prototype a bad name, because it's really fun :(

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2kp010/psa_xbox_live_is_experiencing_issues/

I thought it never had any problems, ever, forever-ever?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

When I knew prototype was funny/cool game was you were on a mission to save NY from Blackwatch and then you have to violently "consume" civilians on a constant basis to regen health.

It was a game about a man going to great lengths to protect his lunch.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

i wanted portotyp 2 to be about mercer just goin round america killing blackwatch and their experiments but nope, dude just HAD to get bit by the evils

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Got my Sunset Overdrive white Xbox. Hi!

Just got passed the first few missions and I'm wondering where I get to change my wardrobe now.
Do I have to find my old apartment? It's not any item on the map.

Also, is the only way to quit the game to go right out to the dashboard?

Anyone gonna make a topic for the game?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just got passed the first few missions and I'm wondering where I get to change my wardrobe now.

Yeah, going to the dashboard seems to be the way to quit. There's a clothing merchant in the Oxford base, pretty sure you can change clothes there.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

word on the street is the xbox is good now?

can anyone confirm?

CAN CONFIRM.

Xbox live has it's blips, 15 minutes to half an hour where you can't play online or access your friends list. The beauty is this website tells you exactly whats up and what's down http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status (everything is up right now), and if there's a problem MS let people know when it's going to be fixed. I don't recall any recent large scale continuous down times. Alternatively, Sony seem to take the "keep your fuckin' ugly mout shut" style of PR. The PSN Omerta. That's why the PS4 thread is made up of 50% "IS PSN DOWN AGAIN?" posts.

Another example, a month after the planned release date of the free version of Driveclub (which was originally promised to alleviate the anger generated by a full loving year delay on the piece of poo poo game) there's still no word on a new release date from the publishers Sony. That's loving embarrassing, and receiving the mocking it fully deserves. http://kotaku.com/three-weeks-later-driveclub-still-doesnt-work-properly-1651731762

Gamers in glass houses and all that. :shrug:

I'm happy you bought a PS4 and I've got no problem with your extremely poor attempts at mocking the mighty bone, but it'd be unfair for me to not tell you how you're appearing. Your the drunk homeless guy with the really loving ugly pregnant crackhead girlfriend, getting in passing commuters faces - telling them their beautiful wives aren't all that great.

Crafty fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 30, 2014

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

rip Xbox Entertainment Studios

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In this analogy your wife is fat, says she's "exclusive" then later goes on to gently caress around with other dudes (analogy to xbone exclusives so far please keep up) and only listens if you scream at her in a high falsetto.

What was that poo poo about stone throwing

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

In this analogy your wife is fat, says she's "exclusive" then later goes on to gently caress around with other dudes (analogy to xbone exclusives so far please keep up) and only listens if you scream at her in a high falsetto.

What was that poo poo about stone throwing

Your wife is so big she broke psn for a loving month. They operate a one in one out policy on that bitch because we almost had a Chilean minor crisis last time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

:xbone:

Chafe
Dec 17, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

word on the street is the xbox is good now?

can anyone confirm?

Like all "next gen" consoles, no. You did the right choice getting a GTX 970.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Crafty posted:

Your wife is so big she broke psn for a loving month. They operate a one in one out policy on that bitch because we almost had a Chilean minor crisis last time.

pic of your wife

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's already a topic, not sure how active it is though!

I quit games by pressing the xbox button (I don't know the proper name, that one in the middle) that takes you to dash and the cursor should still be on the game window. Then just press start and quit will be at the bottom. You should just leave it running though because the suspend resume feature means you can jump back in to that point when you return.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Hey Crafty, have you heard the ps4 now has problems coming out of "rest" mode? Just more fuel so you can change it up from driveclub stuff since all racing games are boring anyways.

Hows sunset's coop? I'm a sucker for any kind of coop, even horde modes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Can you imagine this thread if xbl had a quarter of the online issues psn had?

Also I had the pleasure of once again voting straight republican just the other day. :)

I love Prototype.....even the less good prototype 2. It was good because the guy couldnt stop swearing. It was like that 50 cent game where there was a separate upgradable button for your swears, prototype 2 needed that.

lol xbl has been down far more than psn since the xbone and ps4 came out, the knock on effect of which has been it impacting other azure hosted services

which is p funny, imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Ps4 is physically tiny please stick to the logical constraints of your own analogy in future tia

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also y'all should know really that the 360 when it was first out had quite a few problems, but because it played multi plats better and was cheaper initially it managed to grab a high install base and carry that through for a few years

of course they then started shutting down their first/second party studios and had the RROD which played into the ps3s strengths of having better hardware knowledge and a poo poo ton of exclusive titles and studios. ps3 having at least parity in raw power and their thirty party issues being down to difficulty of the platform also helped a lot, which is something the bone can't ever lean on :(

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Crafty posted:

There's already a topic, not sure how active it is though!

You should just leave it running though because the suspend resume feature means you can jump back in to that point when you return.

This doesn't work for SO. I actually have to quit out to the dash to kill then restart the game because the controller inputs don't work on resume.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

This doesn't work for SO. I actually have to quit out to the dash to kill then restart the game because the controller inputs don't work on resume.

stop spreading FUD

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

bloodysabbath posted:

They work for me. It did totally restart when I back out and went into D3, though.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Well most of those things are gone now though.

1) you can get a kinect less version now which is a cool choice
2) Both got paywalls and its like 3 bucks a month if you wait for the yearly sale
3) Its cheaper than the ps4 in most countries now which is cool
4) this was changed before it even launched????

That's what I meant by "killed," you Republican dunce.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey yall Titanfall is a pretty good game that got some major updates recently and had it launched in this state minus the maps itd probably have done considerably better.

What I'm saying is whether you have a PC,ps4 or Bone Titanfall 2 is gonna be pretty sweet.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That's what I meant by "killed," you Republican dunce.

Tell me more. Btw its October 30th, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Teenage Fansub posted:

At the Oxford safehouse (after a couple campaign starer missions) theres a ladythere you can change with and buy stuff from.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

What they've "killed" are 1) Kinect, 2) XBL paywall, 3) $100 higher price than competition, 4) DRM.

Their strategic plan for the Xbox One has completely fallen apart and been remade on the fly (into something arguably worse) in the span of 11 months. That's called "loving up," not "killing it."

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Forgot about Xbox Entertainment Studios being killed too. What ever happened to that Atari documentary that was so hilariously un-self-aware?

Also, Crafty,

Crafty posted:

Your the drunk homeless guy....

You're

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Where we're going, we wont need eyes to see

Love sunset overdrive

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Tell me more. Btw its October 30th, 2014

Are you saying the Democrats are about to lose power because they are complete poo poo? Finally, something we can agree on!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Where we're going, we wont need eyes to see

Love sunset overdrive

Are you sure this isn't my Altmer Assassin from Morrowind, on Xbox One the first Xbox?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Teenage Fansub posted:

You can change your wardrobe at any clothing vendor - clothing vendor unlocks when you get to the Chuck E. Cheese place where the Oxford kids are hanging out.

There's a thread made but it's already been poo poo up and I think making a newer one is just going to goad them into making GBS threads on it again.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

incorporeal posted:

Hey Crafty, have you heard the ps4 now has problems coming out of "rest" mode? Just more fuel so you can change it up from driveclub stuff since all racing games are boring anyways.

Hows sunset's coop? I'm a sucker for any kind of coop, even horde modes.

Well they only had 11 months to test that substandard update so it's no surprise. More egg on sonys rotten face.

How long before they are forced to come out and give us all another apologetic bow?

Not played sunset yet but the co op looks v fun.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
So I want to get an xbox but I'm having trouble deciding which bundle I want to get. While I want the sunset bundle I feel like that hard drive space will go pretty quickly. Alternatively I could go for the cod bundle which has extra hard drive space but is much more expensive. I know I could get an external hard drive for the sunset bundle but less convenient. What do you guys think would be the better bundle to get.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lucinice posted:

So I want to get an xbox but I'm having trouble deciding which bundle I want to get. While I want the sunset bundle I feel like that hard drive space will go pretty quickly. Alternatively I could go for the cod bundle which has extra hard drive space but is much more expensive. I know I could get an external hard drive for the sunset bundle but less convenient. What do you guys think would be the better bundle to get.

It is incredibly subjective. Note that the 500 gig Xbox has about 362 gigs of usable space due to the way things are partitioned so the 1 tera might actually give you more than double the usable space, since the 500 gig can be as few as 6 or 7 games if you get the "right" titles (ones which are pushing 50+ gigs). Assuming the partitions stay the same in terms of absolute size you're looking at closer to a minimum of 17 games on the stock 1TB drive. That said, bear in mind the 500 gig increase is a $100 difference which is kind of absurd for that amount of space in a 5400 RPM drive, you can get an external 2TB for less than that.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Lucinice posted:

Id go for the bigger harddrive. Games are unoptimized for space ike crazy right now and you'll probably end up wanting it. Assuming you want COD of course.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

If you want the space but not cod im sure you can sell cod the first week for close to 60 bucks. Someone will buy it.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Lucinice posted:

I saw the cod console in person today, it looked a lot better than I expected. Personally I'd go sunset then buy a 3 tb drive when the next sale comes up. But then I'm not into cod and I really want the white one :shrug:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

univbee posted:

It is incredibly subjective. Note that the 500 gig Xbox has about 362 gigs of usable space due to the way things are partitioned so the 1 tera might actually give you more than double the usable space, since the 500 gig can be as few as 6 or 7 games if you get the "right" titles (ones which are pushing 50+ gigs). Assuming the partitions stay the same in terms of absolute size you're looking at closer to a minimum of 17 games on the stock 1TB drive. That said, bear in mind the 500 gig increase is a $100 difference which is kind of absurd for that amount of space in a 5400 RPM drive, you can get an external 2TB for less than that.

If 2TB drives are that cheap I might re-consider

Id go for the bigger harddrive. Games are unoptimized for space ike crazy right now and you'll probably end up wanting it. Assuming you want COD of course.

I am interested in COD but I'm more interested in sunset.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Crafty posted:

I saw the cod console in person today, it looked a lot better than I expected. Personally I'd go sunset then buy a 3 tb drive when the next sale comes up. But then I'm not into cod and I really want the white one :shrug:

This seems like the better path to me personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lucinice posted:

If 2TB drives are that cheap I might re-consider

I'm assuming you're U.S.?

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...rds=2tb+usb+3.0

$90 right now.

• Locked thread