Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Magmarashi posted:

Meh, you're going to have to put more effort into it than that with AoA and DoF around. Take some pride in your efforts and rise to their examples.
Pride and shitposting do not belong together.

Edit: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Sorry DoF is currently on hiatus from Starbound

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
One-eyed anime will be missed.
at-least there's one less anime around though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

XboxPants posted:

Speaking of updates, there was an update to make the UI system more flexible and accessible and modders are doing cool stuff with it. Someone is working on a scanner and it's getting pretty good:

That's loving cool

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Jackard posted:

Sorry DoF is currently on hiatus from Starbound

He got banned already?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RIP in peace

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
So is it out yet?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel J posted:

So is it out yet?

Bet it's not the first time you heard that one.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Speaking of updates, there was an update to make the UI system more flexible and accessible and modders are doing cool stuff with it. Someone is working on a scanner and it's getting pretty good:

I've spent too much time in the meme thread, I was expecting dickbutt

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[runs back to this post, hands on knees, panting]

That's a lot of goblins and cats

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

oddium posted:

That's a lot of goblins and cats

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Jackard posted:

Why don't you try that attitude in the game dev thread, see where it gets you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506853&pagenumber=319#post436991839

I took this advice, I'm not sure if i did it right though.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Ahahahah first decent post in the last 50 pages of this thread

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Haha holy poo poo. Hopefully it goes excellently.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Thanks, this is great

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Seriously though. Girl toilets? Whaaat?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Shoehead posted:

Seriously though. Girl toilets? Whaaat?

GiS Axemaniac, but don't actually do it.

The first quote in that thread is indeed correct about it being Duke Nukem Forever.
VVVVV

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 30, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ahundredbux posted:

GiS Axemaniac, but don't actually do it.

Ohh I really really misinterpreted that whole story

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Ahahahahahaha

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

That's some nice new red text you've got there, Russ.
Guess you must've struck a nerve.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pretty funky text there, Rrussom.

Show me how ya do it.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I am both flattered and honored to have it.

I shall wear it with pride

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've never seen a series of replies that were so apathetically confused.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

The first quote in that thread is indeed correct about it being Duke Nukem Forever.
VVVVV
Always bet on Duke.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

The shield generators for nightly dungeons are in. Not sure how I feel about them blocking you from even putting torches down

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rrussom posted:

They should have bought you an av too.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Vadun posted:

The shield generators for nightly dungeons are in. Not sure how I feel about them blocking you from even putting torches down

Well You can always use the lantern on a stick *Dies from toxic atmosphere/extreme temepraturs/etc* oh right nevermind. Flashlight isn't much good if you are using two handed weapons either.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Rrussom posted:

It's beautiful! :allears:

Also, October 30th - Biomes!

metadept posted:

After working on terrain and cave generation last week, I’m now configuring biomes and treasure pools to include all the new assets that GeorgeV, Armagon and the rest have been building. It’s actually been a lot of fun to test, and I’ve enjoyed discovering many interesting little spots:

…yep, just another day in the universe!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Section Z posted:

Well You can always use the lantern on a stick *Dies from toxic atmosphere/extreme temepraturs/etc* oh right nevermind. Flashlight isn't much good if you are using two handed weapons either.

One of the random gun parts should be a maglite or a torch duct taped to the barrel.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Shoehead posted:

One of the random gun parts should be a maglite or a torch duct taped to the barrel.

I feel like this is a continuation of the "No Duct Tape On Mars" problem.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vadun posted:

Shoehead posted:

This, also I do approve of not letting you cheese the ambient lighting by dropping torches everywhere, but in return there should be more items suited for dungeoneering like throwable flares and more ways to attach a light source to your person.

Dark dungeons could add some neat challenges and look really cool with the right light sources put in by the designer, I'd like to see that expanded on by allowing you to light them, but not in such a way that it destroys the aesthetics or trivialises the challenge.

For the tech based ones you could probably stand to add a power generator room which would activate more lights throughout the dungeon or something.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Optional side paths that make the puzzle a little easier is a great idea, actually. If you're comfortable with the challenge than you can just save some time by beasting through it, but if you're having problems you can go a little out of your way to turn on some extra lights or unlock a shortcut or move some platforms or something.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

there should be more items suited for dungeoneering like throwable flares

Pretty sure those are in the game already, considering I find some in like every 3rd chest, they're red

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Silento Boborachi posted:

Pretty sure those are in the game already, considering I find some in like every 3rd chest, they're red

Huh, I don't think I found any when I played it. That's good at least, should be craftable.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

welp http://starbounder.org/Flare

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which would also explain why I couldn't build them seeing as I don't think I ever found any.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving STARLAME devs stealing my GODDAMN ideas

http://playstarbound.com/november-3rd-dungeon-shield-generator-implementation/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKreFcHvtQ

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Considering that the starboard devs are doing it in a way that awesome, I feel like your stealing THEIR idea.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You don't need one tile platforms for a jumping puzzle, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
How about that patch?

• Locked thread