Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Spencer needs to stop telling jokes. He's just not funny. At all.

He's funny when he's not trying so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Drunkboxer posted:

Did the guy actually look like JJ Walker?

A little bit, yeah. Enough for the joke to only be slightly racist.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Gilbert wasn't bad, but I could sense Dan's panic once he mentioned "The Tingler" for the sixth time in 10 minutes. Was that the quickest time Spencer was brought out?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
It really was the worst possible audience for Gilbert. Everybody yelling at Dan to do a bunch of his old, tired bits, Gilbert had no loving idea what was going on and nobody bothered to explain to him that Vincent Price (et al) was a dead horse the audience wanted Dan to beat.

Dear Harmontown audiences,

Shut the gently caress up.

Sincerely,
Podcast Listeners

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I don't know, that moment where he went "gently caress all this awkwardness, I'm gonna lob some questions at the blind guy" was pretty inspired.

Still would've preferred Patton though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love old timey Hollywood poo poo. Gilbert makes me so happy inside.

If you've never heard him on the Stern show, he's a legit maniac.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Death to Spencer

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

caligulamprey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdbElWMnkyY

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
Spencer's story circle is now dipping into the Abyss stage

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I'm glad that Dan kicked that girl off the stage very quickly. She was trying so hard to be funny, but clearly had no sense of humour.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brekelefuw posted:

I'm glad that Dan kicked that girl off the stage very quickly. She was trying so hard to be funny, but clearly had no sense of humour.

"And I'm just like... here I ammmmmmm"

It sounded like she was on prescription drugs.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

KoRMaK posted:

"And I'm just like... here I ammmmmmm"

It sounded like she was on prescription drugs.

I was at the show, and she was just incredibly awkward on stage. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was really bad stage fright.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

The Action Man posted:

I was at the show, and she was just incredibly awkward on stage. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was really bad stage fright.

She seemed to me to be someone who just really wanted to be on stage but had absolutely nothing to say. I think she was holding her back or something on her way up, but I don't remember her doing it when she embarrassingly slunk away.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah she wanted to be on stage for no real reason but to be on stage. poo poo was awkward.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah she wanted to be on stage for no real reason but to be on stage. poo poo was awkward.

It was really awkward since Dan and Spencer discussed people trying to get on stage for no reason besides wanting attention just before she got on stage for no discernible reason beyond wanting attention.

I was honestly hoping they'd cut her out of the podcast episode, but I guess she wasn't as bad as Dino saying the N word.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

She wasn't up there for too long, Dustin probably didn't want to bother editing her out.

When that blind dude came up and said he had trouble not being racist, I was reaaaally wondering where things were going to go.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

She wasn't up there for too long, Dustin probably didn't want to bother editing her out.

When that blind dude came up and said he had trouble not being racist, I was reaaaally wondering where things were going to go.

That, coupled with him saying "Political Correctness is bullshit!" was kinda weird. You'd think a guy who literally can't see who he's with would be more mindful of what to say in front of people, but there he goes.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

caligulamprey posted:

You need to listen to Gilbert's solo podcast then. It's classic old school Hollywood.

radlum
May 13, 2013

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah, that got awkward really fast. The episode was OK, Gottfried trying to make the same jokes and callbacks got boring quickly, but he managed to land more than a few jokes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo Levar Burton is guest comptroller in Austin tonight.

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 24, 2014

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

TontoCorazon posted:

Holy poo poo Levar Burton is guest controller in Austin tonight.

This is such great news.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
When is Jeff coming back :(

Haha, Dan found the one black guy who can't rap.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 28, 2014

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Who, Donald Glover?

That's really uncalled for, imo.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Spencer is killing me with his comments in the SF show.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I could listen to an entire podcast of just Sports Corner.

Wait, somebody get Harmon on Sklarbro Country.

"This entire city has its-team-fever"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Listening to the new Harmon town, I've come to the conclusion that Levar Burton is the most sweet hearted human being in the galaxy.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Since it took me five days to listen to the whole loving thing I can't even remember which girl everyone is referring to, but I thought the NY episode was gold from start to finish and Gottfried, despite being clearly and joyfully out of his element, killed as comptroller.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

joedevola posted:

Since it took me five days to listen to the whole loving thing I can't even remember which girl everyone is referring to, but I thought the NY episode was gold from start to finish and Gottfried, despite being clearly and joyfully out of his element, killed as comptroller.

Gottfried was really loving funny. From start to finish

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I have no idea what the gently caress that stoner chick in Austin was talking about, but whoever the antagonist was in her story, I was on their side. I audibly groaned when they kept her on stage for D&D.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress that stoner chick in Austin was talking about, but whoever the antagonist was in her story, I was on their side. I audibly groaned when they kept her on stage for D&D.

Yeah Spencer really got her on that bullshit of a story.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I loved her insistence that it was all the dumb LA people's fault because in Austin it's completely cool to waltz into your first day on a new job high, late and with a smoothie in your hand.

Also cleaning your lungs by mixing weed with other stuff because ancient cowboy secrets.

This whole tour has really made me dread the Let's Bring Up Random Fans part of the show.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 30, 2014

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shows been bad.

Jeff, get your rear end to harmontown.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
You could hear people groaning as she went on. The one good thing is that we know other humans can in fact cut off Dan Harmon from talking.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I guess the thing Harmon has done is mistakenly empowered other people to think their inebriated ramblings are interesting.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

As an LA commercial coordinator, a PA like that would piss me offffffffff.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

EnsGDT posted:

As an LA commercial coordinator, a PA like that would piss me offffffffff.

Well yeah but you're so la

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Well yeah but you're so la

Totes.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dan really does have the politics of a child. What does he think will happen if airlines had to cut 5% of their ticket sales across the board?

KoRMaK posted:

I guess the thing Harmon has done is mistakenly empowered other people to think their inebriated ramblings are interesting.

As a grown-rear end man, I've forgotten how insufferable kids can be.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 30, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Irish Joe posted:

Dan really does have the politics of a child. What does he think will happen if airlines had to cut 5% of their ticket sales across the board?

Airlines are essentially socialized capitalist institutions due to their necessity , I think his complaint is totally valid if you view them as a capitalist institution

But since they're not and their customer service is atrocious on top of yeah, routinely kicking people off of planes for overbooking being terrible, they mine as well all be socialized anyways and then their terrible customer service becomes part and parcel of any government-provided service

But who cares since the tickets would be cheaper, and just like any socialized service a bunch of premiere luxury alternatives would sprout up like fedex and ups to the postal service, so everyone wins

Because as it stands now I'm paying united twice-once in my taxes and another for the ticket- for lovely service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The Austin D&D was surprisingly good. They actually seemed to get somewhere and the audience member wasn't just trying to do something stupid like cut off a penis. She was an idiot in real life though. The way she talked, and her horrible story. I would have done the same thing the 'LA' woman did.

Levar was a great sport, and his D&D participation was good when he spoke.