Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Slime posted:

Valve have complained that the halloween event doesn't make them money. And I'm not loving surprised since you can only wear your spooky hats during special occasions. Who wants to pay money for a chance at an unusual if you can't loving wear it all the time?

You're mistaken - the unusuals uncrated from them don't seem to be holiday restricted in anyway - they get a limited special effect that can only be uncrated during this Halloween but the effect is permanant and viewable year round.

Here are this years limited-time-only unusual effects: http://imgur.com/a/V0yZD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Maybe they should get rid of the loving stupid restriction then.
Or let people pay money to un-restrict items. I'd probably do that.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IronicDongz posted:

I agree!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Otacon posted:

I agree!

But what about the player silhouettes?? :qq:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If you have a Hallowe'en item equipped you should be able to see other people's Hallowe'en items like Pyroland. Also add the Rose Tinted Glasses that stop all cosmetics from rendering. Also make all non-achievement items reskins of stock weapons. These are my demands

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

xzzy posted:

But what about the player silhouettes?? :qq:
*heavy with lightning shooting out of his eyes from his killstreak australium minigun and an unusual with a spinning green fire above his head steps into view*

oddium posted:

If you have a Hallowe'en item equipped you should be able to see other people's Hallowe'en items like Pyroland. Also add the Rose Tinted Glasses that stop all cosmetics from rendering. Also make all non-achievement items reskins of stock weapons. These are my demands
These first two are good ideas.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Not a huge fan of the hat, but I really like the face plante / cool cat cardigan together. Feel like I'm getting close to Casey Jones or something.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

oddium posted:

Also I bought a crate and got a Monoculus strangifier. Are these worth anything yet ??

You should sell it ASAP before more of them start circulating.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

oddium posted:

And when you're featured in someone's deathcam, they should see the truth. That they just lost to a happy smiling robot man.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Otacon posted:

You're mistaken - the unusuals uncrated from them don't seem to be holiday restricted in anyway - they get a limited special effect that can only be uncrated during this Halloween but the effect is permanant and viewable year round.

Move aside ghost gang, make way for the :ghost: phantasm posse :ghost:

I'll never get either one...

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

Otacon posted:

You did not just post this, I do not want super cute haunted hats, I do not want to spend money in futile attempts to get these stupid effects

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there some way to console command "jointeam auto" whenever the map changes?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Xander77 posted:

Is there some way to console command "jointeam auto" whenever the map changes?

I just can't imagine why you would ask that... Not at all.
Seriously those farm servers really should put an infinite timer on lakeside

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, this Halloween event map is terrible, huh? A couple of the bumper cart minigames are fun (not the one with the floor that falls away, gently caress that one) but they get old fast. The underwater thing was novel the first few times as well, I guess. Not a huge fan of this Halloween event. Do you only get two cauldron drops, one when you update and one when you win the three bumper cart games? I got a Strange Haunted Talon Trotters and Templar's Spirit, it'd be nice to get another chance at pieces of those sets.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I don't know how legit this is, but apparently there are text strings in the game binaries relating to a Spy VS Engie War-style update and matchmaking mode. :dance:

I guess if there's a Gunboats-esque prize between them it'd be a revolver, people have been clamouring for the Engie to have one for ages.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

So what's the strategy for strange haunted drops? I just got one for heavy- trade ASAP?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Yeah, sell them while they're still shiny and new. Within 2 weeks everyone will be bored of them and you'll get a lot less for something.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Haha I like the TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR at the end

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Magypsy posted:

I don't know how legit this is, but apparently there are text strings in the game binaries relating to a Spy VS Engie War-style update and matchmaking mode. :dance:

I guess if there's a Gunboats-esque prize between them it'd be a revolver, people have been clamouring for the Engie to have one for ages.

Seems to me that engineer is likely to come out on top of an Engineer VS Spy war.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Stealth Tiger posted:

So what's the strategy for strange haunted drops? I just got one for heavy- trade ASAP?

Wait, did you get it from the cauldron or from a Mann Co store halloween crate? I thought those two methods were the only way to get strange haunted items, and only crate items are tradable.

(But yeah sell it ASAP when the price is still high)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Magypsy posted:

Huh, if that is actually a thing and ends up happening, how does a Spy v Engie matchup play out? Equal? Skewed in one classes' favor? Oh and for that matter, how did the War update affect TF2? I started playing the game way after that happened.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Magypsy posted:

Nah, the winner just gets to equip Gunboats.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Whoops, I forgot the freebies from the cauldron aren't tradeable. At least I get to count how many heavy kills I get during full moons. Yay....

In other news, all the Merasmus lines are incredible. When he started talking about The Magic Kingdom and Ticketmaster I was dying. And also, the law is looking good on a mini-sized bumper car rider.

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 31, 2014

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
Circle the wagons boys this poo poo is about to get real (in valve time probably)

An Engi V Spy update would be neat, apart from revolver for engi I have no idea what unlocks they could add for either class considering their most recent additions. Only the Red Tape Recorder and Rescue Ranger really stand out.

Also the Red Tape is sooo good for disabling sentry guns, not so good when I die and a second engi comes and unsaps everything 15 seconds later. There's been times I've respawned as Engi in time to unsap my teleporter :haw:

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
According to some of the files that people have been digging around in, it doesn't just look like more pub matchmaking that's being added, but Highlander matchmaking.

Eight years after release, could it be that Valve are finally looking to integrate competitive play of some kind into TF2??

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

IronicDongz posted:

To remind people how dumb it is that every item is restricted, my regular pyro wears the last breath, Bonedolier, wraith wrap and uses the bat outta hell. If there was an extra misc slot I'd probably throw on a coffin kit to finish it off, since that's not restricted either!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Zero! posted:

According to some of the files that people have been digging around in, it doesn't just look like more pub matchmaking that's being added, but Highlander matchmaking.

Eight years after release, could it be that Valve are finally looking to integrate competitive play of some kind into TF2??
It's just a button that links you to tf2center.com

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

khwarezm posted:

To remind people how dumb it is that every item is restricted, my regular pyro wears the last breath, Bonedolier, wraith wrap and uses the bat outta hell. If there was an extra misc slot I'd probably throw on a coffin kit to finish it off, since that's not restricted either!
you misunderstand, halloween items are restricted based on spookiness. every class except engie and spy can use a literal disembodied skull as a weapon, because that is not too spooky.

here are some things which are too spooky: different bullets on sniper's vest. a darker hat. necklace and red shirt. another necklace, bandages that don't just cover hands. facial hair that is smaller than soldier's other facial hair options, but in a scary way.

also pyro's adorable stompy dragon feet which is the real injustice here. <:mad:>

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I did it guys. I won halloween (until some fucker traipses in here with a new halloween unusual):

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Someone just traded me their painted haunted crone dome, plus other stuff, for my crone dome, because mine was level 100. Collectors are fun.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, this Halloween event map is terrible, huh? A couple of the bumper cart minigames are fun (not the one with the floor that falls away, gently caress that one) but they get old fast. The underwater thing was novel the first few times as well, I guess. Not a huge fan of this Halloween event. Do you only get two cauldron drops, one when you update and one when you win the three bumper cart games? I got a Strange Haunted Talon Trotters and Templar's Spirit, it'd be nice to get another chance at pieces of those sets.
Yes those are the only ways to get the cauldrons. Otherwise I guess you have to buy crates. This map isn't doing the gifts like the others.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

awesmoe posted:

It's just a button that links you to tf2center.com

Guys.

http://tf2tp.com/ updated.

:aaaaa:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I really want that hunter getup for Scout but I'm not paying 15 goddamn dollars for gear I can almost never wear.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I've been happy using Eternaween when I feel like it on a fun server. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Eternaween
People trade them for junk weapons on backpack.tf and that's worth it to me.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If you think about it this is actually the perfect Halloween update insofar as it's making everybody shout "BOO!"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

If you think about it this is actually the perfect Halloween update insofar as it's making everybody shout "BOO!"

:cripes:

--

Opened up my cauldron and ended up with a medic haunted strange. About 9/10 times I get cool items it's for a class I don't play.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:cripes:

--

Opened up my cauldron and ended up with a medic haunted strange. About 9/10 times I get cool items it's for a class I don't play.

The best thing is you can't trade or sell it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes those are the only ways to get the cauldrons. Otherwise I guess you have to buy crates. This map isn't doing the gifts like the others.

Bummer, but at least now I have zero reason to ever play that map again. May as well go to some other Halloween event map for hat drops.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
update:

Fixed a dedicated server crash related to the new map sd_doomsday_event and server-wide curses
Fixed Blue team hearing the win audio instead of the lose audio when Red gets the tickets to the Strongmann machine
Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected
Fixed players changing team to respawn outside of their cart while playing a minigame
Fixed players being able to use the Eureka effect while in their bumper car
Fixed a bug that let Engineers move faster while carrying a building
Fixed the Spycicle not giving the Spy fire resistance
Fixed The Manngaroo itemset including the wrong item
Updated the equip_region for the Vaccinator and Quick-Fix
Fixed a bug where players would not get a kill credit for turning another player in to a ghost
Updated player ghosts to always use team color
Updated the new TargetID system

Added Advance Option and ConVar to disable floating health icon (tf_hud_target_id_disable_floating_health)
Added Advance Option to control the alpha of TargetID nameplate
Fixed not showing for disguised enemy Spies
Fixed showing the health of cloaked Spies
Fixed not hiding the panel when players are no longer visible

Added ConVar tf_weapon_criticals_melee to control whether melee weapons have random crits. Works separately from tf_weapon_criticals.
Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled
Fixed round-end crits not working when tf_weapon_criticals is set to zero
Updated sd_doomsday_event

Added spell pickups near the ticket case spawn
Reduced mega spell respawn time from 90 seconds to 45 seconds
Fixed curses occurring in bumper car minigames
Fixed players being able to boost their bumper cars early
Increased the damage that bumper cars receive from collisions
Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car
Replaced large ammo kits near the Strongmann machine with spells
Reduced ammo kit size on the bridge from full to medium
Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players
Platform game:

Fixed Merasmus giving instructions in the platform game when it gets to the final platform
Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached

Soccer game:

Added HHH, spawns 45 seconds into the match

Duck game:

Increased max score to 200

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

update:

Fixed a dedicated server crash related to the new map sd_doomsday_event and server-wide curses
Fixed Blue team hearing the win audio instead of the lose audio when Red gets the tickets to the Strongmann machine
Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected
Fixed players changing team to respawn outside of their cart while playing a minigame
Fixed players being able to use the Eureka effect while in their bumper car
Fixed a bug that let Engineers move faster while carrying a building
Fixed the Spycicle not giving the Spy fire resistance
Fixed The Manngaroo itemset including the wrong item
Updated the equip_region for the Vaccinator and Quick-Fix
Fixed a bug where players would not get a kill credit for turning another player in to a ghost
Updated player ghosts to always use team color
Updated the new TargetID system

Added Advance Option and ConVar to disable floating health icon (tf_hud_target_id_disable_floating_health)
Added Advance Option to control the alpha of TargetID nameplate
Fixed not showing for disguised enemy Spies
Fixed showing the health of cloaked Spies
Fixed not hiding the panel when players are no longer visible

Added ConVar tf_weapon_criticals_melee to control whether melee weapons have random crits. Works separately from tf_weapon_criticals.
Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled
Fixed round-end crits not working when tf_weapon_criticals is set to zero
Updated sd_doomsday_event

Added spell pickups near the ticket case spawn
Reduced mega spell respawn time from 90 seconds to 45 seconds
Fixed curses occurring in bumper car minigames
Fixed players being able to boost their bumper cars early
Increased the damage that bumper cars receive from collisions
Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car
Replaced large ammo kits near the Strongmann machine with spells
Reduced ammo kit size on the bridge from full to medium
Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players
Platform game:

Fixed Merasmus giving instructions in the platform game when it gets to the final platform
Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached

Soccer game:

Added HHH, spawns 45 seconds into the match

Duck game:

Increased max score to 200

All good changes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Did they fix the teleporters in the spawn room?

• Locked thread