Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was wondering what the big deal was. I don't keep track if every poster the way some people seem to, but I usually know who people are in call out threads.

Agreed, me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Even his challenge posts are really boring. "Nope no drugs in my laundromat." Yeah. Good one. Idiot.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
This is way funnier than it should be considering how serious the posts are.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pet rock megathread

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
running a laundromat may not be the most interesting job, but at least it's honest living!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the garfield post is the best post in the politoons thread

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was hoping Al would succeed when I started reading this thread, and now I'm totally on his side.

Also, thanks to everyone linking his challenge posts, because those are some of the most boring threads imaginable.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

This thread is amazing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Al Borland I Believe In You

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah Al was just is just a really dorky weird boring poster, what makes this funny is how sincerely dorky and boring all his responses to the challenge have been.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Monkey Fracas posted:

politoons post is gold and has kicked off a discussion about America's Favorite Unpatriotic Cat

this is legit funny

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Even Al Borlands incredible imagination is boring

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
harry potter/spiderman/ulysses book barn post (nice authentic The Book Barn novel opinion: "The book was okay overall, but I think if I"m being honest with myself I enjoyed Harry Potter a little more!")

Garfield political cartoon post

curvy art post

computer done broke

Life hacks/social media/college complaints post [1] [2] [3]

challenge 3 coming soon..

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
unfortunately al borland's fakeposts seem to be just as bad as his regular posts and i can't read them

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
there's a lot to lol at here

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I wish I was a worse poster so I could get g0m challenged

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Delicious, delicious white noise.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Al seems like a real nice guy

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mookface posted:

Al seems like a real nice guy

yes, a very nice guy

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

no they will not posted:

Al Borland's first challenge was to prove he could make constructive posts, and as such he had to make an ask/tell thread on one of the following topics:

I think this task has been completed well enough. lets move things up a bit. For the second challenge Al Borland has to make 5 of the following 6 posts. Remember to keep the tone serious - this isnt some sort of joking contest. lets say two days for this one:
  • post in the book barn general What Did You Just Finish? stickied thread about the first harry potter book, the novelization of the first spider-man movie, and Ulysses (~150 words per book)

• post in creative convention thread giving constructive feedback to someone's art where you tell them it's good but could be "rounder" but could have "less curves" (be verbose)

• post a thread in Haus of Tech Support entitled "computer broke" using the template given in the stickied thread, with short sentences for each heading [i.e. "its broke", "no work", "computer" etc]

• in the debate and discussion political cartoons thread, please make a post containing 5 or more garfield cartoons

• make the exact same post [i'm talking copy/paste here] in the following three PYF threads: College Complaints [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575204], Idiots on Social Media [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632081], and PYF Stupid Life Hacks [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649353]. the post must be at least somewhat relevant for each thread - it can't just be relevant to two and a non-sequitor in the third.

• find a tv iv thread about commenting on a tv show "live" [these are usually stickied], think of a single word to describe the topic of the show, and make a post in that thread that consists of that word repeated 100 times. dont use any other words, but you can use punctuation/images
Nice effort post lmao. Not.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
g0m thank you for doing this

I hope poster Al Borland can fulfill his challenges and be saved, because this poo poo is loving hilarious

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I am happy that Al Borland will be saved but sad that this weird mech pussy thing isn't getting more attention

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

jalopybrown posted:

I am happy that Al Borland will be saved but sad that this weird mech pussy thing isn't getting more attention

It definitely needs to be more rounder with less curves.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Al Borland posted:

It definitely needs to be more rounder with less curves.

did you actually make that for that post or did you find it online somewhere

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

hofnar posted:

did you actually make that for that post or did you find it online somewhere

it was part of the challenge requirement. Luckily I know a bit about 3D modeling so I was able to actually give some valuable critique and talk about more roundness with less curves. I am sincerely interested in knowing what his mech is for too.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

That is the first square gunt I've ever seen. This must be a FF videyagames fan thing.

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014

no they will not posted:

Life hacks/social media/college complaints post [1] [2] [3]

I enjoyed how the lifehacks people got annoyed, and the social media people basically just ignored him.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Al Borland posted:

it was part of the challenge requirement. Luckily I know a bit about 3D modeling so I was able to actually give some valuable critique and talk about more roundness with less curves. I am sincerely interested in knowing what his mech is for too.

i believe this alone meets the level of commitment being sought by the mods

not to mention the painstaking research required for the boring rear end laundromat thread

the garfield poo poo was p funny

FREE AL BORLAND

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Not only should Al be free'd but Franco should have to preform some kind of forfeit if the final challange is completed with the same effort and dignity imho.

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014

hofnar posted:

FREE AL BORLAND

I disagree. Mods, please chain Al Borland to the Sisyphean task of never-ending challenges. This is the most entertaining Al has ever been.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
so how many challenges are there gonna be?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

whoflungpoop posted:

so how many challenges are there gonna be?

four overall, because any more than that and i'd probably get bored. two down and two to go

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

al borland has crafted white noise boring posts into an art

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

posh spaz posted:

I disagree. Mods, please chain Al Borland to the Sisyphean task of never-ending challenges. This is the most entertaining Al has ever been.

FREE AL BORLAND TO PERFORM NEVER ENDING MOD CHALLENGES

also the idea concerning spanish manlove has considerable merit

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
In the future I would like to see some GBS wide mod challenges. It could lead to some interesting things with simple prizes for the winner.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Al Borland posted:

In the future I would like to see some GBS wide mod challenges. It could lead to some interesting things with simple prizes for the winner.

I'm really sorry to do this to you al buddy, but ahem, usually mod challenges allow for another poster to attempt completing the challenge first in exchange for deciding their fate, why hasn't this happened g0m?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

jalopybrown posted:

I'm really sorry to do this to you al buddy, but ahem, usually mod challenges allow for another poster to attempt completing the challenge first in exchange for deciding their fate, why hasn't this happened g0m?

a point of order

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

jalopybrown posted:

Im not a mod

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

pedantic but true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
"Shallow and pedantic" - Family Guy

• Locked thread