Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Blockades are art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Blockades are art.

This was the best.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Blockades are art.

lol

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
A 200v200 naval battle is brewing on Ollo, this is either going to be fun as hell or a long-rear end night.

e: over the loving kraken of course.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
people spent three days of their lives on this game? To camp the kraken? With knowledge of the hacks?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Can you actually trade gilda stars? I constantly see people asking to buy them but with this alt I've started to earn some, the stars accrued so far are marked as untradeable.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kcer posted:

Can you actually trade gilda stars? I constantly see people asking to buy them but with this alt I've started to earn some, the stars accrued so far are marked as untradeable.

The plans you get with Gilda are able to be traded

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

kcer posted:

You can not trade them, however you can trade most of the items that you purchase with them. When they say buying 250 gilda, they mean that they want someone with 250 gilda to purchase an item and they will buy that item.

If you wanted to be a troll, you could offer a stupid amount of money, get someone to buy something useless with their gilda, then refuse to pay them.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Dahn posted:

You can not trade them, however you can trade most of the items that you purchase with them. When they say buying 250 gilda, they mean that they want someone with 250 gilda to purchase an item and they will buy that item.

If you wanted to be a troll, you could offer a stupid amount of money, get someone to buy something useless with their gilda, then refuse to pay them.

Yes, because things you ~hilariously~ "troll" them into buying with those aren't worth a gently caress ton of gold either way and won't sell within minutes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Extra posted:

These are the people you share a guild with.

I don't play this game anymore. I stopped playing a couple months before it was out for everyone and sold my alpha copy to some goon about 3 weeks before it came out. I was also banned from the off site for posting on their forums that kewpah wasn't a bad guy. :iiam:

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

I don't play this game anymore. I stopped playing a couple months before it was out for everyone and sold my alpha copy to some goon about 3 weeks before it came out. I was also banned from the off site for posting on their forums that kewpah wasn't a bad guy. :iiam:

I was wondering why Kimsemus banned you. You gave us the joy of https://www.nekrage.com and are a goon hero.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Roflan posted:

This game has PVE content? What is the content of this game, anyway? As an outsider whose only exposure is this thread and the character creator, I got the impression that game was about making as much money as possible. But never heard what you do with the money.

PVE? PVP? Pretty princess? What? All I've seen is that you use the money to kill people and take their money. And you're a sucker if you do that, since the best way to make money is to hack and cheat. And if I wanted to do that, I'd do it in real life. At least EVE has the stupid political crap.

Why do you people play this game? I think you're all crazy.

Well, if you could find any available land you could build a house and decorate that house and pretend you are playing The Sims.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

tatersyum posted:

I was wondering why Kimsemus banned you. You gave us the joy of https://www.nekrage.com and are a goon hero.

Indeed. :patriot:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Holy loving poo poo, gently caress looking for a guild, pirating is amazing and I'm going to try to become one ASAP. Me and a friend just decided to have a 100% non-carebear night, and we went on all sorts of crazy adventures. I'll post some highlights(note that we are both guildless east goons):

-Finding an AFK FC member (bigbo or something like that?) at an illegal aspen farm we found that was going mature in 2 hours and 50 minutes. He was at the literal edge between falcorth and rookborne, so I summoned my farmcart and navigated through a tree maze to get to him, pushed him off a cliff and into rookborne which was currently a combat zone, and my friend jumped down there and killed him. The best part? He had racked up a ton of crime points and was wanted, and once he died, he was sent to trial and got something like 286 minutes. Far more than enough to guarantee he couldn't get the illegal tree farm!

-Finding another huge illegal cedar tree farm with a couple greens waiting at it, but in a pve zone. The trees JUST started coming off their timers as we got there so we started competing with the pubbies to get all the trees.

And then this happens:

I respawned half across the map, and my friend freaked out and tapped F way too slowly, so some pubbie got the TS. We aren't even mad, just cracking up about the worst/best luck ever. And now we both know what it looks like the moment a tree becomes thunderstruck!

-Deciding to get on a clipper and go find random reds to kill out on the sea. My friend, who is only level 42 and was really hesitant to pvp with me, wound up almost soloing a level 50 before being killed by them and I came in to mop up. He got a huge boost a courage and we just started terrorizing the countryside once we reached cinderstone and killing anyone that moved(as well as a healthy serving of going to neutral towns and pushing AFK reds outside the protection of neutral guards with my farm cart and then killing them)

-Me seeing a red open up a portal to solzreed, and then testing to see if I could use it and not realizing the bad decision I just made until it was too late. I was plopped in the edge of solzreed and was immediately attacked by a goon and someone else, so I stunned the goon and teleported off the cliff and flew away. The goon of course, was quick on his feet and managed to keep up with me, eventually using mid air glider skills to attack me on mine and send me spiraling into the sea. The goon and his buddies caught up to me and unsurprisingly killed me quickly. HOWEVER, the (level 50 I may add)goon made the fatal mistake of following me to the nui statue and attempted to spawn camp me. I tried to /respect him(or her?) to let him know I didnt want to fight a goon, but no luck. He followed me out and tried to kill me, but I just turned around and tore him a new rear end in a top hat, and lassoed him back to me JUST as he was about to get back in the safe zone of the nui statue, securing the kill. If you are that goon and you're reading this, I apologize! I really didnt want to fight you, but you left me no choice.

-And finally, me and my friend ending the night by doing some more piracy out on the sea, stumbling out on some island houses and looking for free stuff, and seeing 3 wicked members transporting tradepacks to build a house. We both knew they would kill us easily, but we gave no fucks and dove right in. We actually managed to kill one and drop another to 15% HP before we both died. We would have went and tried to steal the packs again, but we were respawned in solzreed even though we were just outside solis.

Long story short, pvp and piracy is so loving fun, holy poo poo. We made no money whatsoever and died alot, but it was loving amazing. Earlier today, my stance on piracy was "I'm going to be one eventually, but let me carebear it up some and be able to afford stuff". But gently caress that, if this is the kind of poo poo pirates do everyday, count me the gently caress in. I don't care that I'm a poor and worthless scrub in poo poo gear, I had fun and will continue to have fun. How do I become a pirate, and who should I talk to/try to join up with about it?

e: also, the wicked member I killed was the final person hit at the end of the chain of hits from my tiger strike. I felt like the biggest loving badass on the planet oh god

e2:jesus christ I somehow forgot to mention that we also took trade packs to freedick even though we knew we would lose them. We were cut down by greens once we got there, but gained something much more valuable than the reward for a trade pack: recall points back to freedick! Pirate goons, be on the lookout for two guildless east scrubs who have no idea what they're doing. :kheldragar:

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 30, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Any pirate guilds that form will be added on request without the aatrek tags unless warranted

I will keep them under the drink bleach banner though because that duck is funny and it's a good brand for pirates to use

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Also the duck duck go logo would be a good sail

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Quick question as I read up/educate myself on this game--the occultism summons aren't like pets, more an extended spell duration, yeah?

(I want to be a pirate with a skeleton crew.)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This makes no drat sense.

What? Why? I don't even . . .

:psyduck:

:what: Three gold. Someone paid 3 gold for the worst lute in the game, that absolutely everyone gets for free.

I just made 9 gold selling newbie gear. Who are these people?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

You were banned in the post-doublestep purge because your auth information wasn't correct. It's really weird that nobody talked to you about that. If you auth correctly you should have no difficulty getting back in.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
It might be that gold farmers/botters are using the civilian gear to transfer gold between characters using the AH, making it harder to trace. They roll a new character, put its civilian gear up for sale for inflated prices, then buy it on their farming character. If they do it enough, with enough different characters and enough different accounts, it creates a lot of noise and makes it very difficult to follow the flow of gold.

Bill Zabub
Oct 14, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

This makes no drat sense.

What? Why? I don't even . . .

:psyduck:

:what: Three gold. Someone paid 3 gold for the worst lute in the game, that absolutely everyone gets for free.

I just made 9 gold selling newbie gear. Who are these people?

Folks sometimes get low level gear and use it for re-imaging their high level gear. A fully decked out level 50 can appear as a level 1. Good times.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Ihki posted:

Give a goon a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and we'll read of spergy meltdowns about it.

lmao

im turning in all my gold on aa to buy all the fishing goons troat sim 2000 on steam hth

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RaC0fFU1Q8

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Widestancer, could you please add this link to <Something Lawlful> in the OP? Its comments section will be our offsite forum, tia: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

That's at least a 30k right there, someone should go pick it up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather pirate it off greens tbh.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

I'd rather pirate it off greens tbh.

It's really much easier/quicker to do it that way.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bait and Swatch posted:

Widestancer, could you please add this link to <Something Lawlful> in the OP? Its comments section will be our offsite forum, tia: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

It is done.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Clearly Imp Zone posters are great posters. They keep the thread far more drama free and the OP updated.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

Clearly Imp Zone posters are great posters. They keep the thread far more drama free and the OP updated.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
Is this one of those games i could use to distract me from my depression it's so immersive? I'm looking for a game I can really get into and make my mark so that I can maybe feel accomplished in something.

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
Just got into this game. Seems to me like healer classes are pretty worthless and that I should just roll an archer like everyone else?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

hyung posted:

Just got into this game. Seems to me like healer classes are pretty worthless and that I should just roll an archer like everyone else?

Good healers are the greatest thing ever. You may not get many kills, but holy poo poo people will love you.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Thronde posted:

Good healers are the greatest thing ever. You may not get many kills, but holy poo poo people will love you.

This is an understatement. Healers are an amazingly huge factor in any pvp that matters.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I retract my comment that incorrectly classified Kimsemus as a imp zone bad troll.
You guys seem cool and that was a gross mischaracterization.

Kimsemus is a bad wherever he posts.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Anny-Mouse posted:

Is this one of those games i could use to distract me from my depression it's so immersive? I'm looking for a game I can really get into and make my mark so that I can maybe feel accomplished in something.
Sort of, but you'll have to wait for the next land expansion to make much of a mark on anything unless a ton of people quit (a bunch of land will open up in a couple days with the auroria continent tho)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Thronde posted:

Don't level as a healer though

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Flavahbeast posted:

Sort of, but you'll have to wait for the next land expansion to make much of a mark on anything unless a ton of people quit (a bunch of land will open up in a couple days with the auroria continent tho)

You mean, a bunch of land will "open up" for about a microsecond before being snatched up on throwaway accounts using land grab hacks to be sold for thousands of gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hopefully they open up more land gradually and do something about the hackers I can see them doing that and hahahahahaha mrjiekdns fart

• Locked thread