Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Does the norse holy order ever come if you reform, I need them now the catholics are beating my rear end

They never spawned for me when I did Erik the Heathen. I was Big King of poo poo Mountain before the Catholics knew what hit them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Hello mapgaming imps, I've been playing CK2 for a really long time and have just started getting bored of it and have started giving EU4 a spin. I have no idea what I'm doing mostly, mostly just expanding through warring and colonizing until I accidentally declare war on someone I shouldn't have and get kicked to the ground. Fun game though.

Which of the EU4 DLCs are worth it? I want to try forming the Netherlands, so I'm thinking Wealth of Nations to make republics a bit more interesting.

Also, some of the terminology being thrown around is a bit confusing to me: is vassal feeding basically when you release a nation as a vassal, then take their contested cores from whoever is holding them and sell them to your vassal? I noticed in my Muscovy game that diplo-annexing vassals gave me cores in all of their provinces, so I'm thinking this way might be cheaper in terms of monarch points than just conquering and coring?

Basically I need help with this cool mapgame I bought, tia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ratpick posted:

Hello mapgaming imps, I've been playing CK2 for a really long time and have just started getting bored of it and have started giving EU4 a spin. I have no idea what I'm doing mostly, mostly just expanding through warring and colonizing until I accidentally declare war on someone I shouldn't have and get kicked to the ground. Fun game though.

Which of the EU4 DLCs are worth it? I want to try forming the Netherlands, so I'm thinking Wealth of Nations to make republics a bit more interesting.

Also, some of the terminology being thrown around is a bit confusing to me: is vassal feeding basically when you release a nation as a vassal, then take their contested cores from whoever is holding them and sell them to your vassal? I noticed in my Muscovy game that diplo-annexing vassals gave me cores in all of their provinces, so I'm thinking this way might be cheaper in terms of monarch points than just conquering and coring?

Res Publica adds some cool unique government poo poo for the dutch republic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratpick posted:

Republics are fun in general. Wealth of Nations lets you use privateers which are IMO basically necessary to have light ships be real useful. Starting as a Dutch OPM and forming The Netherlands can be fairly hard, since you have to constantly piss off the HRE and you need to steal a lot of territory that France has cores on. The way I did it was to butter up France and The Hansa, then beat the poo poo out of everyone with France's armies. Unfortuantely I had to get big enough to ally France in the first place, so they stole a lot of the territory I wanted from Burgandy. You get claims on all of it when you form The Netherlands, but lol if it's all owned by France it's not like you are going to be able to do anything. I also took Reformed which is great for Republics but now France is Defender of the Catholic Faith so they never help me.

Basically it's somewhat hard but only because someone like Denmark will randomly decide to come gently caress around and steal provinces.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Republics are fun in general. Wealth of Nations lets you use privateers which are IMO basically necessary to have light ships be real useful. Starting as a Dutch OPM and forming The Netherlands can be fairly hard, since you have to constantly piss off the HRE and you need to steal a lot of territory that France has cores on. The way I did it was to butter up France and The Hansa, then beat the poo poo out of everyone with France's armies. Unfortuantely I had to get big enough to ally France in the first place, so they stole a lot of the territory I wanted from Burgandy. You get claims on all of it when you form The Netherlands, but lol if it's all owned by France it's not like you are going to be able to do anything. I also took Reformed which is great for Republics but now France is Defender of the Catholic Faith so they never help me.

Basically it's somewhat hard but only because someone like Denmark will randomly decide to come gently caress around and steal provinces.

Uhhh what? Light ships pwn with or without privateers. Privateers are good for getting rivalry above 50 but suck rear end at making money...and France doesn't have cores on anything required to form the netherlands iirc.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Yea in EU4 you usually want to vassalize and diplo-annex countries rather than fullon annexing them cause of the cores and AE cost.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I just impulse bought art of war and wealth of nations

is res publica necessary at all or shoudl I wait until i can pick it up with money from playfire/steam

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

KoldPT posted:

I just impulse bought art of war and wealth of nations

is res publica necessary at all or shoudl I wait until i can pick it up with money from playfire/steam

Nuuvem is selling all the eu4 dlc for chump change. WoN is like $2 there or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Res publica is good. If you're planning on playing republics I'd get it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Res publica is good. If you're planning on playing republics I'd get it.

nice av

is aow broken at all right now? been playing path of exile but i'll get into eu if it works

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD is away and he's me go to guy for what's broken in patches etc.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
AoW is out? Nice. And yeah it's broken.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i started an ethiopian game and some of the unit descriptions are broken lol

also the badass 6/5/5 leader you start with died after 5 years so i closed the game out of rage

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

DICKHEAD is away and he's me go to guy for what's broken in patches etc.

which yosposter did you troll now

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
ask me what i think about gays, trannys, and niggers!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Attention Hay Man, and other folks with the DLC buying brain disease: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2461-europa-universalis-iv-the-art-of-war-collection

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's cheaper to buy the DLC separately because of epic brazillian discount, and it doesn't come with one of the song packs soo....

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tghat's if oyu don;t care about the ebook.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Listening to the metally song pack on youtube to decide whether I want it...sounds fairly epic tbh.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

brazil is p epic

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there any hardcoded invasions of India before the 15th Century in CK2? My tough little centralized Sri Lankan kingdom seems primed to take the whole Deccan without significant outside intervention.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zeal posted:

are there any hardcoded invasions of India before the 15th Century in CK2? My tough little centralized Sri Lankan kingdom seems primed to take the whole Deccan without significant outside intervention.

Pretty much every single catholic colonizer will get claims on India, and then come and wreck your pussyhole.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

zeal posted:

only the ghaznavids afaik and they usually just keep to the afghanistan/baluchistan zone

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh, 15th century...getting too excited about dlc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Oh, 15th century...getting too excited about dlc.

to be fair 15th century is the one where eu4 grand campaign starts

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Attention Hay Man, and other folks with the DLC buying brain disease: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2461-europa-universalis-iv-the-art-of-war-collection

How do you convert Brazilian aids dollars to american. What is their currently even called?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

How do you convert Brazilian aids dollars to american. What is their currently even called?

BRL

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

just google [nuuvmem price] in BRL to USD.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

that feel when im going to miami next week but the real-dollar currency is too expensive

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

that feel when im going to miami next week but the real-dollar currency is too expensive

Drive up to Tampa Bay and I'll meet you in South St Pete and we can smoke some crack, hang out with prostitutes and talk map games.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Drive up to Tampa Bay and I'll meet you in South St Pete and we can smoke some crack, hang out with prostitutes and talk map games.

i worked a 60 day contract installing office furniture on the ussocom campus at macdill last autumn, has tampa become any more/less of a shithole with decent food since then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I dunno what your looking for in a city. I like hole in the wall colombian, cuban and mexican restaurants and streets where every building's name is painted on the brick so Nebraska and Armenia ave in Tampa is awesome for me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

im not going to tampa man, im staying on miami and orlando and the places where south american fucksticks like me buy a shitload of cheapo stuff from americans lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hell if the wii u there doesnt have the mega taxes that it has here... i know what im bringing home

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

im not going to tampa man, im staying on miami and orlando and the places where south american fucksticks like me buy a shitload of cheapo stuff from americans lol

Shucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Who the hell am I going to smoke all this crack with.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Who the hell am I going to smoke all this crack with.

You should set up an IRC SimulSmoke in TCC.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

You should set up an IRC SimulSmoke in TCC.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Listening to the metally song pack on youtube to decide whether I want it...sounds fairly epic tbh.

'ride forth victoriously' metal version owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29h3IMVPDD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

'ride forth victoriously' metal version owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29h3IMVPDD4

oh hell yeah im buying that poo poo