Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im still interested in map games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

im still interested in map games

why

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

:spergin:

Also i need to make the borders prettier, i unleashed my horrible great war against the world and killed tens of millions of people because russia owning the kuril islands looked ugly

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't had a chance to sink my teeth into AoW yet, but I looked at the map and new bookmarks for like 20 mins yesterday while making the Antonio Banderas Assassins Laptop Noise.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I started a game as Austria, but gave up when I realised I was doing nothing but waiting for DHEs to fire...might do a Novgorod game again and piss off Sweden so I can test out Finnish march.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i need a hug

im playing as Tunis, conquered all of north africa up to benghazi or so, got a little bite of brazil, another bite of andalucia, started grabbing central african provinces, got sicily & sardinia...

then as i was getting ready to declare war on castille for the remaining andalusian provinces

"castile is no longer your rival"

i just went "oh that's weird. well whatever"

a few years later i click them

"Under Personal Union with France"

:shepicide:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Byzantium has some better allies in the early game now, so they have a much better chance of surviving as the player. That's about all I've noticed so far. I'm gonna try an Aztec game now that they actually have something to do for more than 30 years.

also performance is way worse what the gently caress

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 1, 2014

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

DICKHEAD is away and he's me go to guy for what's broken in patches etc.

I just got back and am buying this from shady Brazilians.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

oh sick someone got me my av while i was gone.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh great I have to update my flag mods to have Supported_version="1.8"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I just got back and am buying this from shady Brazilians.

Nuuvem is 100% legit, in fact it is you who is shady for buying from them while not residing in Brazil.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Is there a cache somewhere I need to delete or is there a bug causing Bremen to think that they are insanely far from my borders when they are in fact neighboring me?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Is there a cache somewhere I need to delete or is there a bug causing Bremen to think that they are insanely far from my borders when they are in fact neighboring me?

That's a bug afaik.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What do you even do as Austria. I been playing this game for like 20 years and I'm bored to tears waiting for historical events to fire, and beating the poo poo out of whoever I feel like because I'm so powerful.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want to tear a strip off france, but doesn't it ruin the burgundian succession...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I also have a PU claim on burgundy.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What do you even do as Austria. I been playing this game for like 20 years and I'm bored to tears waiting for historical events to fire, and beating the poo poo out of whoever I feel like because I'm so powerful.

Beat up people that are getting big, push back the turk, vassalize everyone, gently caress around in italy, etc.

I usually have a bunch of fun in my Austria games.

I'm doing Brandenburg-Prussia to test out the 30 years war mechanics. I have about 50 years to go before it triggers I guess? I've been expanding east while befriending France and trying to build up Protestant allies.

The new reformation system is a lot better I think. Early converters don't immediately crash and burn.

Austria seems to be able to actually stand up to France a bit now. They've beaten the poo poo out of them twice so far. We beat up Austria once but didn't get much out of it.

It also seems to run faster despite the number of provinces and new countries so I guess removing dynamic prices worked.

As far as bugs go all I've noticed so far is the miscalculated distance for Bremen and uh... I believe that the high maneuver thing where your general will ignore river crossings if he has high maneuver does NOT apply to rebels. It works real well on everyone else though. Seems to make maneuver actually okay.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh yeah like half of north africa and a few eastern euros westernized

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

There also seems to be a bug with the Peter the Great events (I had them trigger for Muscovy in 1520 or so?) When the Russian monarch visits you as a Western power and you accept, there's a follow up event to let him look at government, army, navy, or kick him out, but all 4 options give the source country -25 relations...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Beat up people that are getting big, push back the turk, vassalize everyone, gently caress around in italy, etc.

I usually have a bunch of fun in my Austria games.

I'm doing Brandenburg-Prussia to test out the 30 years war mechanics. I have about 50 years to go before it triggers I guess? I've been expanding east while befriending France and trying to build up Protestant allies.

The new reformation system is a lot better I think. Early converters don't immediately crash and burn.

Austria seems to be able to actually stand up to France a bit now. They've beaten the poo poo out of them twice so far. We beat up Austria once but didn't get much out of it.

It also seems to run faster despite the number of provinces and new countries so I guess removing dynamic prices worked.

As far as bugs go all I've noticed so far is the miscalculated distance for Bremen and uh... I believe that the high maneuver thing where your general will ignore river crossings if he has high maneuver does NOT apply to rebels. It works real well on everyone else though. Seems to make maneuver actually okay.

I started a Brandenburg game because Austria was boring. Autonomy has made the form Prussia decision really good, Imo, since you probably only need to core stuff to keep your OE managable, and then you get cores on everything. At least that's how it;s going to work in my head.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention last night but if you see an allied army with a negative battle modifier having trouble and you move in with a high maneuver general (maybe this only works across rivers?) it seems to wipe out the negative modifiers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm loling at how some of my ck2 reviews were recieved. The one where I say people hate Sunset invasion because they are cheaters that suck at the game is voted helpful, but pretty much the same thing for the converter has probably the worst rating of any review I've ever made, including the one where I called the Wiz a friend of the family.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm loling at how some of my ck2 reviews were recieved. The one where I say people hate Sunset invasion because they are cheaters that suck at the game is voted helpful, but pretty much the same thing for the converter has probably the worst rating of any review I've ever made, including the one where I called the Wiz a friend of the family.

link

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

jakeface

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Merchant republics still kick all sorts of rear end. +10% morale whenever you need it in the early game is such a game changer.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

My 30 Years War was started by someone besides me (though I ended up getting ally dragged into it) and they ended up giving up without hitting the war goal on like year 15 while I was preparing for a new offense despite.

We had Vienna but Austrians and Russians had managed to run wild in the Ottoman Empire and France never joined due to a truce. Ended with the Peace of Westphalia. What a shame.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really wish their was a better way to keep power projection up as a landlocked nation.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have an extremely hard time keeping it up unless I'm playing a coastal Northern Europe nation.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

I have an extremely hard time keeping it up unless I'm playing a coastal Northern Europe nation.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey, Wiz, you retarded loving friend of the family. Giving minus 3 diplo rep for annexing a vassal is loving stupid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The tool tip says "you have annexed a vassal so oyu can;t annex another one for a little while". and now everyone in the world thinks I'm a human being and is breaking alliances.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why isn't it just an AE malus and a bonus for your other subjects. What the piss.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey, Wiz, you retarded loving friend of the family. Giving minus 3 diplo rep for annexing a vassal is loving stupid.

Yeah I don't really like that.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I think I like the autonomy / unrest system though. Other than the bug where rebels sometimes end up allied with the person they're revolting against.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh and it doesn't work in occupied territory. Like it should be making Polish Patriots revolt in occupied Krakow but instead it creates Prussian Peasants who march off toward Berlin.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

This new DLC is really good. But :rip: the creepy face of Himalaya, you will be missed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Oh and it doesn't work in occupied territory. Like it should be making Polish Patriots revolt in occupied Krakow but instead it creates Prussian Peasants who march off toward Berlin.

Lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol they made losing patriarch authority worth it by making it add stability.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The game still does that fuckign retarded thing where you lose stability for being called into war with someone you have a royal marriage iwth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The game still does that fuckign retarded thing where you lose stability for being called into war with someone you have a royal marriage iwth.

Anything that makes me lose stability in the first 150 years or so drives me into a rage because I usually have a shortage of ADM in the first place since I always exploit the first few tactics bonuses and kill my neighbors.