Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

pram posted:

PUMPIN SOME IRON, 10LBS HEH NBD

to be fair that bar will weigh something too but I bet it's less than an Olympic bar

it's probably 40-45lbs tops which is still pretty lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ballmer definitely does not have buyers remorse about owning a pro sports team of his very own. he is having a loving blast

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

minivanmegafun posted:

I presume you don't mean the Install-WindowsFeature cmdlet or whatever it is

all I know is I have to use it to install basic diagnostic tools like telnet on a regular basis and it draws [ooooooooooooooooooooo] on my terminal in bright yellow on aqua because no one at Microsoft has any goddamn taste or the sense to just write "Working..." or something to the console instead of a bad progress bar

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

literally using a zune irl atm

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

im going to email him to tell him he's the best

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
WTF is even going on here

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PleasureKevin posted:

looks like a guy with a lot of buyer's remorse trying
dude spent $7.2 billion on aquantive and $9 billion buying nokia. he wrote off almost $1 billion in first-gen surfaces. the part of his brain that experiences buyers remorse burned out years (possibly decades) ago

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

:confused: wtf is going on in that screenshot

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

i wish the nba finals could somehow be the mavs vs clippers so we could see two apex nba owners go toe to toe

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

minivanmegafun posted:

:confused: wtf is going on in that screenshot

there's a powershell-based linux-style package manager and dude's installing firefox with it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

thats some hosed up poo poo!!!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But I remember Shaggar telling me it would be absolutely unfeasible for Microsoft to implement any kind of modern package manager in Windows, just a few months ago!?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

univbee posted:

there's a powershell-based linux-style package manager and dude's installing firefox with it

yes I get that

I'm more concerned about why it looks like babby's first shell script, uses yellow on black on blue, and that microsoft hasn't bothered setting up their own repos or handing out certificates to trusted ones that have common software like Firefox

also I can't want for someone to show me how uninstallation works

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its almost like…microsoft have no aptitude!!!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

:catstare:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

But I remember Shaggar telling me it would be absolutely unfeasible for Microsoft to implement any kind of modern package manager in Windows, just a few months ago!?

its not about feasibility, its about powershell being really loving stupid.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

its not about feasibility, its about powershell being really loving stupid.

microsoft <3 linux shagger

pram
Jun 10, 2001
microsoft kinda had it with xenix.. but theyve finally come around to acknowledging the one True OS.. unix

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

its not working for me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sniep posted:

its not working for me

try emerge

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fleshweasel posted:

ballmer definitely does not have buyers remorse about owning a pro sports team of his very own. he is having a loving blast

yeah its pretty funny. like what would happen if you gave a fan a team or something

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

...and a better hero. a better human bean

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rofl how is it even loving possible to get startled in that environment???

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

rofl how is it even loving possible to get startled in that environment???

hint: dude is probably on edge from ballmer sitting next to him yelling and getting touched by him was probably a genuine fear. he'll get used to it though

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

seems like it would be hard to use a watch with a screen that's perpendicular to you. my arm is usually parallel to 45 degrees from my chest. the closer i bring my arm, the more parallel it gets with my chest. the most (only?) comfortable to use the screen would be putting my hand above the watch, the flicking with the right side of my index finger. but when resting my hand there and pushing the button my thumb can cover the screen. it seems a little awkward and cramped, at least picturing it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a better hoo-man

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

fleshweasel posted:

he loves it, and it's actually a very good match for him. much more than running a tech company

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
ballmer is the greatest hype man in the history of hype mannery

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

FamDav posted:

ballmer is the greatest hype man in the history of hype mannery

flabor flav

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Last Chance posted:

hint: dude is probably on edge from ballmer sitting next to him yelling and getting touched by him was probably a genuine fear. he'll get used to it though
most abuse victims eventually do, so yeah

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

seems like it would be hard to use a watch with a screen that's perpendicular to you. my arm is usually parallel to 45 degrees from my chest. the closer i bring my arm, the more parallel it gets with my chest. the most (only?) comfortable to use the screen would be putting my hand above the watch, the flicking with the right side of my index finger. but when resting my hand there and pushing the button my thumb can cover the screen. it seems a little awkward and cramped, at least picturing it.

samsung added a vertical mode to the gear fit for this reason, but their screen is on top of the wrist instead of the bottom. Wrist up and near my chest was pretty awkward, so i just did stuff on the band with my wrist out.

arstechnica had same gripes though

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

outlook just doesn't work anymore since the update, can't sign in lol

i fixed it bye.

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 31, 2014

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

Sniep posted:

its not working for me

im the hundreds of characters command not found message

pram
Jun 10, 2001
powershell is so terrible lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

out of curiousity i decided to fire up the ole windows 9 10 vm and try this

at first i was greeted by a gigantic full screen powershell

then when i finally got things under control i tried it

as far as i can tell nothing has changed. firefox isnt installed

and also lol just like the new start menu the stupid charms bullshit doesnt dpi scale either

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pram posted:

powershell is so terrible lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
does powershell still not work out of the box until your run it as admin and type in some stupid command to enable running scripts? apparently a scripting environment that runs scripts is a security risk that requires your approval to enable. durrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

does powershell still not work out of the box until your run it as admin and type in some stupid command to enable running scripts? apparently a scripting environment that runs scripts is a security risk that requires your approval to enable. durrrr

yes lol

• Locked thread