Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

UKDM is back again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

88h88 posted:

UKDM is back again.

It seems like Michiganders add a twist to this with their ultra-offense driving. A car could be going 25 in a 70, but if they see a gap opening in front to which another car might use for turning, they FLOOR it so as to position their car perfectly in the blind spot of the offender. That'll show him.

And if there's a perfectly reasonable gap and you signal before entry just to make them aware? Gap closed. Guaranteed. And they just hang in the blind spot, no matter how you change your speed, just to make sure it's maximally annoying.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

revdrkevind posted:

And if there's a perfectly reasonable gap and you signal before entry just to make them aware? Gap closed. Guaranteed. And they just hang in the blind spot, no matter how you change your speed, just to make sure it's maximally annoying.

gently caress these people, if they close off a gap as I'm merging legally, I'll keep coming over. You wanna rear-end me at speed, rear end in a top hat? Keep on coming, I'm sure the police will love your explanation.

Best is when there's an endless gap in front of them, but what they're blocking is the hole between themselves and the car in front of you in your lane. Plenty of space for you to pass and get beck right (or left in UK), but they MUST WIN THE RACE OF HIGHWAY DRIVING so you shall not pass.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Powershift posted:

V8 and a 5 speed, too!

I wanna say that was used at a ski resort once but its current surroundings say otherwise.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Fucknag posted:

gently caress these people, if they close off a gap as I'm merging legally, I'll keep coming over. You wanna rear-end me at speed, rear end in a top hat? Keep on coming, I'm sure the police will love your explanation.

Best is when there's an endless gap in front of them, but what they're blocking is the hole between themselves and the car in front of you in your lane. Plenty of space for you to pass and get beck right (or left in UK), but they MUST WIN THE RACE OF HIGHWAY DRIVING so you shall not pass.

This sort of nonsense is why occasionally I'll say gently caress it and just start doing what a friend calls my "angry DTM driver" thing. Idiocy seems to come in clusters.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is where having a full size truck comes in handy, everyone leaves my gap alone

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

VikingSkull posted:

this is where having a full size truckretired police cruiser comes in handy, everyone leaves my gap alone

Pretty much this, though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
my buddy had an 88 Caprice back in the 90's and that's totally true

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
People don't pull that poo poo in front of my Wrangler, but it's kinda lifted to the limit of what short arms can handle.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

88h88 posted:

UKDM is back again.

Oh hey, this is a typical image of the Belgian highways. The moment a gap appears, it will be automagically filled by a car that as a free bonus cuts you off.

Even if the lane you're in is going slower than the lane they came from, or will be going slower very soon on account of unsynchronized traffic lights.

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only one on the road that actually looks ahead and rolls to a stop rather than hitting the brakes at the very last moment(I've actually had this happen near a red traffic light. Of course the guy who pulled in took his sweet time to get going once it hit green again)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Powershift posted:

V8 and a 5 speed, too!

There's one of those for sale over here at the moment

http://www.tanks-alot.co.uk/tucker_for_sale.htm

If only I had a spare £10K

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I need this video.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

GramCracker posted:

I need this video.

http://youtu.be/ZoBFcV0WyWw - Gif is from around the 9:50 mark

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I think I need to watch this again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaIa1XqvFrE

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
"Hey, pause the car!"
-iPod user
:negative:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I was kinda hoping for an actual big-block Olds engine, but I'll begrudgingly allow an 8.1L GMC Vortec.

(marks low on concours grade while peering over top of bifocal spectacles)
(marks high on loving sweet burnouts grade)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

(marks low on concours grade while peering over top of bifocal spectacles)
(marks high on loving sweet burnouts grade)

(-1) marring on lugnut faces
(-1) non period-correct wiper blade
(+5) radical
(+3) badass
(-1) water spots on underside of sills

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

revdrkevind posted:

"Hey, pause the car!"
-iPod user
:negative:

When I was about eight years old I asked my mom if she would pause the car. I was playing a poo poo ton of NES at the time and didn't understand the dynamics of driving very well. :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Getting picked up from my friends house would have been a whole lot cooler if my dad showed up behind the wheel of something that made that kind of noise.

My friend's parents would not have been amused by the colossal patch of rubber left at their curb however.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Sitting in a stadium parking lot near my place:

Didn't think to take a picture of the air filter and distributor that shares the shoulder space with the driver and passenger.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NitroSpazzz posted:

poo poo, I forgot I watch this months ago! Thank you for this. This guy is the man. Such an old school Italian. :allears:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Skreemer posted:

Sitting in a stadium parking lot near my place:

Didn't think to take a picture of the air filter and distributor that shares the shoulder space with the driver and passenger.

What is this thing. I must know... Immediately

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's a DeTomaso Pantera, the same car that killed Tim Horton and is therefore immortalized in the Alberta AI thread title.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It's a DeTomaso Pantera, the same car that killed Tim Horton and is therefore immortalized in the Alberta AI thread title.

Well, that makes more sense now. :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrYenko posted:

Well, that makes more sense now. :v:

I kept thinking "wouldn't a Bricklin be more Canadian?".

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

To be fair to the car, he was quite drunk.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

IOwnCalculus posted:

I want to hate this, but I can't.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's missing the blue

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Roadkill pics, best pics

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Is that a loving Corvette intake?

e: Is that a loving Corvette pan?

Are they remaking Corvette Hack again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfpQTAFoTU4

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is really good.

I was trying to post it earlier and couldn't rehost the image so I gave up rather quick.

Truly excellent build. Love the Cobra CB in the dash and those seats are incredible.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

IOwnCalculus posted:

Best thing at SEMA calling it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What's that in the roof hold? More skateboards?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Wasabi the J posted:

Best thing at SEMA calling it.

The installed 8-track player with Sabbath 8-tracks really seals the deal for me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Linedance posted:

What's that in the roof hold? More skateboards?

WHY YES IT DOES...

CornHolio posted:

The installed 8-track player with Sabbath 8-tracks really seals the deal for me.

I lost it when I saw the dookie brown leather seats and the window pulleys...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was kind of hoping it was a giant roof mounted cooler full of beer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't believe that thing is real and not a render.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Powershift posted:

It's missing the blue

Kinds reminds me of a Sandman

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Speaking of awesome sema vans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...