Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
This thread is more fun than this game will ever be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
loving hell I take a couple of days to shoot fuckers in Payday 2 and I miss all this amazing drama. I should take mini breaks more often!

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

RottenK posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Updated the OP to reflect recent changes in Goonsquad.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Game is fun. There are lots of chill bros to play with.
I'ts a video game! and as long as you keep that in mind you will have fun.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I would just like to say that I sacraficed my dream of being kicked and banned from every mmo goon guild in order to be kicked from ForestCrow by one of the finest shitsperglords I have ever had the privelage to witness.

I would like to ask the goon community if I can add Archeage goons to my long list of goon mmo guilds I have been kicked and banned from without actually being in it. I did get banned on sight from the IRC so that has to count for something.

With that being said I shall be returning to my throne on the Shadow Council.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Have Kim and Deutch let us know when the wedding is?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Widestancer posted:

Updated the OP to reflect recent changes in Goonsquad.

I had my doubts but you are doing a great job, Op.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You should add Disco Inferno on Kyrios to the OP. We got our stuff out of the way early so now I have cemented my leadership and me and that one other guy are looking forward towards a brighter future with maybe half a dozen other people if they can be bothered to show up. You guys should all come to Kyrios and hang out and take part in our many doing, goings on and vaguely defined activities.

We ain't in fact 'fraid of no ghost

Also bustin' makes us feel good.All ghosts busted are over the age of 18 (21 where applicable)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Morglon posted:

You should add Disco Inferno on Kyrios to the OP. We got our stuff out of the way early so now I have cemented my leadership and me and that one other guy are looking forward towards a brighter future with maybe half a dozen other people if they can be bothered to show up. You guys should all come to Kyrios and hang out and take part in our many doing, goings on and vaguely defined activities.

We ain't in fact 'fraid of no ghost

Also bustin' makes us feel good.All ghosts busted are over the age of 18 (21 where applicable)
What specific information would you like added? Contacts and stuff I mean.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
God drat Drinkfist. :stare:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

RottenK posted:

Not empty quoting, just echoing a very well-expressed & cogent point.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Drinkfist owns fyi

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
I got a month of patron staus with ingame credits, account/store page says time left: 1 month + 5 days, but when I log ingame it notifies me that my patron status expires on 4th November. Do I need to be worried and contact their support service or is that normal and it fixes itself..sometime?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What kind of dumb company would provide support for people who have paid them nothing?

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Same thing happened to me, but the account page has the correct information. In game the subscription times are queued instead of cumulative so when one expires, it then shows the next one in the queue.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Oh right, talk to Twyx or Malificarr for casual hookups.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Drinkfist posted:

I would just like to say that I sacraficed my dream of being kicked and banned from every mmo goon guild in order to be kicked from ForestCrow by one of the finest shitsperglords I have ever had the privelage to witness.

I would like to ask the goon community if I can add Archeage goons to my long list of goon mmo guilds I have been kicked and banned from without actually being in it. I did get banned on sight from the IRC so that has to count for something.

With that being said I shall be returning to my throne on the Shadow Council.

I got you unbanned from irc and you never got into goon squad. The only goon guild you were a part of you left on your own. You still could have werkwerk ban you though.

Do not give up your dreams sempai.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Yet Widestancer has the best OP yet. Should Imp Zone control all the OPs in the MMO HMO?

I think so! :pcgaming:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Yet Widestancer has the best OP yet. Should Imp Zone control all the OPs in the MMO HMO?

I think so! :pcgaming:

G-good morning Sempai!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Charles Bukowski posted:

G-good morning Sempai!

In honor of those senpai who have fallen before their time.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
The GOONFLEET environmentalists are standing by to put and end to the over-fishing in the seas north of Nuia.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got banned from AA Goons for being kicked from the guild. RIP. Since I can't post there and find the actual reason, I'll just ask here. Whats up guys, why'd I get banned? Lots of other people quit/were kicked and still have offsite.

I have a sweet av to keep me company at least tho

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 31, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If the pirate goons can use the offsite, its very silly that you can't Eonwe. Truly a travesty of justice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know right? 2E2F, Pirates, and all the other guilds can, but Rude Dudes can't? Pretty sad. Why can SCT still be allowed access to the offsite after that screenshot of his conversation with Discotron, but I troll guild chat and suddenly I'm a leper. Pretty funny.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 31, 2014

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
Thanks Siz for putting my mind at rest. Extra you are being a bit obtuse (as usual?), those Apex that gave me the month of sub actually came from real money (half mine) so of course Trion should offer support service.

Eonwe posted:

I got banned from AA Goons for being kicked from the guild. RIP. Since I can't post there and find the actual reason, I'll just ask here. Whats up guys, why'd I get banned? Lots of other people quit/were kicked and still have offsite.

I have a sweet av to keep me company at least tho

That is one sweet av. Whoever banned you is being an asshat which is against guild rules so they should be kicked as well.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Kimsemus posted:

In honor of those senpai who have fallen before their time.

Wait, Lincoln is your martyr? Lol, this is becoming a spergy Ice and Fire novel. This should be played across Nuia:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

If the pirate goons can use the offsite, its very silly that you can't Eonwe. Truly a travesty of justice.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

The GOONFLEET environmentalists are standing by to put and end to the over-fishing in the seas north of Nuia.

Okay, even I gotta admit that that is going to be a CLASSY sail to kill fishermen with.

On a side note:

For people who are scared that "zomg I'm already behind on gear and I'll just get threeshotted by veterans and why should I even bother", let me tell you about these two trees called Occultism and Witchcraft.

Occultism and Witchcraft are two of the strongest mass-PVP trees in the game because their specialty is to apply CC. CC duration and effect have zero scaling with anything. A freshly 50 Witchcrafter's Dahuta's Breath sends an AOE of people flying backwards off a boat just the same as one in full Delphinad - a person in full Delphinad can get lifted up in the air and held in place for TWELVE ENTIRE loving SECONDS by a naked level 35 Occultist. Hell, a level 15 or 20 Witchcrafter can stand at the front of clipper and throw a Bubble Prison at the captain of the ship they're pursuing and send him flying into the air, his ship coming to a halt without him hundreds of meters away as the Bubble Prison robs him of all forward velocity.

A Skullknight (Occultism/Auramancy/Defense) in PVP can be guaranteed to get off two skills in the middle of an enemy zerg by using a snowlion's invulnerable charge to get into the middle of them, disorienting them with implosion, then popping one of either Imprison or Hell Spikes to CC over a dozen people at once. A Shroudmaster (Witchcraft/Shadowplay/Occultism) can stand proudly on the tip of a harpoon, then at twenty meters shadowstep to a person on their target and AOE fear and stun them for an entire 7 seconds at worst, sending them flying in a panick off the ship at best. Both of these "moves" can be done completely naked - not a single part of them relies on having big numbers anywhere.

People say that healers are the most needed class, but that's flat out wrong. While healers are sorely needed, I've lost count of the number of times we simply haven't been able to have a fight, at all, period, because we lacked an occultist or a witchcrafter who could help us initiate. Healers also need really awesome gear, arguably more awesome gear than dps or tanks, because they're always first to be focused in PVP and they have to be able to heal off the focus of the enemy successfully, so that's an even longer grind ahead of them. Oh, and did I forget to mention that the main "cheap" sources of endgame armor (namely Hasla and GHA) completely neglect to drop the gear they need? (Yes, Hasla has a twohanded greatclub, but enjoy being blown up in two seconds without a shield.)

If you are currently playing this game and are tired of the gearing rat race, or if you're thinking about playing this game and want to be useful without hundreds of hours invested in autistic grinding, level one or both of Occultism or Witchcraft to 50. The moment you do a ninja teleport onto an enemy ship or vacuum up half a raid, people will be cheering your name on comms, and you can be doing this straight out of the (level 50) gates.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tried an archer alt just to see what that was like. Lilyut armor set includes a leather miniskirt with fishnet stockings. Really? Really?

That outfit was going so well too. :( No 6 inch heel hooker boots. Good solid coverage on the upper armor pieces. Then bam leather miniskirt out of nowhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
offsite forum admin wire unbanned me and is allowing all goons to take part

pretty swell guy :)

no clue who banned me, but I hope it was cathartic

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Eonwe posted:

offsite forum admin wire unbanned me and is allowing all goons to take part

pretty swell guy :)

no clue who banned me, but I hope it was cathartic

I think by letting everyone on the offsite will allow the in game drama to stay offsite and have actual game discussion happen here. But we'll see.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I nominate Zen Death Robot to have full access to the MMO offsites since I know that after moderating GBS for Halloween they will want that sort of break

:twisted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ragnoxiii posted:

I think by letting everyone on the offsite will allow the in game drama to stay offsite and have actual game discussion happen here. But we'll see.

That would be great! The thread was actually doing very well with Widestancer in charge.

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
Has the yata jump been changed since the game released? I had read about how awesome it was but when I leveled mine up it was a small unimpressive jump.

Also, for how long is the shard > dust > shard .. way of leveling Alchemy good for, does it stop giving points eventually? I'm under 6k now, will it take me over 10k? Can I use it up to max level?

VV Fantastic! I was wondering what I should do with my labour points (as a poor landless peasant) once Auroria hits and mining for stone stops being profitable, alchemy is the one profession I most want to level, making sparkly enchants and cool potions is fun.

Merope fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 31, 2014

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Merope posted:

Has the yata jump been changed since the game released? I had read about how awesome it was but when I leveled mine up it was a small unimpressive jump.

Also, for how long is the shard > dust > shard .. way of leveling Alchemy good for, does it stop giving points eventually? I'm under 6k now, will it take me over 10k? Can I use it up to max level?

Yes, the game does not have skill thresholds that stop giving you proficiency.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Merope posted:

IIRC, the yata you buy from a vendor has a small, lovely jump, but the fact that it's spammable still lets you scale hills and cliffsides you'd normally slide down.

There are, however, rare, bind-on-pickup breedable yatas. There's a reason yata fur is comedically cheap on the market - it's a byproduct of all the people trying to breed the rare mount. (Same with bear fur and all the people trying to breed themselves the bear battle pet.) Word on the street is that these yatas have a CRAZY jump that's ALSO spammable, to the point where they're probably PVP imbalanced.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Hey ya'll its ya boy wtfmoses. I "run" the offsite which is to say I host it and admin it and make sure everyone has a super great environment in which to sperg. I banned some people at the request of people who I thought were in charge and had legitimate reason to ask for bans. I banned picklefish and some other person named Syndiaan and then other officers were like NO DONT so now nobody is banned and everyone can post because wheeeee.

Anyways I have no vested interest in any of these things so don't blame me for anything other than for thinking fauxtool is a weird anime guy.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

balistafreak posted:

IIRC, the yata you buy from a vendor has a small, lovely jump, but the fact that it's spammable still lets you scale hills and cliffsides you'd normally slide down.

There are, however, rare, bind-on-pickup breedable yatas. There's a reason yata fur is comedically cheap on the market - it's a byproduct of all the people trying to breed the rare mount. (Same with bear fur and all the people trying to breed themselves the bear battle pet.) Word on the street is that these yatas have a CRAZY jump that's ALSO spammable, to the point where they're probably PVP imbalanced.

word on the street is wrong because my normal yata breaks gravity just as well as my striped yata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up

GreatestNerdEver posted:

word on the street is wrong because my normal yata breaks gravity just as well as my striped yata.

Not fair!

30.5 Days posted:

Yes, the game does not have skill thresholds that stop giving you proficiency.

The alchemists under max level who advertise in chats do they do it only for tips or because they don't want to spend even that little gold required for dust, or is there another benefit to crafting recipes at higher levels?

• Locked thread