Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love this game so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

lol who was it? I dont really care one way or the other since im not gonna be around for a few weeks and I aint donated poo poo :cool:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Good last bit of Drama before we close up Meltdown October for good.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

also why would anyone even want to lead goon squad that badly, and why not just give it to them yall have gone through like six leaders in a month, worst thing that could happen is they somehow use their position as guild leader to make off with the guild bank

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Well, don't have to worry about that particular risk now.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
I gave land to an officer to use for a guild project. That goon has now left. RIP that coastal 8x8, I hardly knew ye.

I gave raid loot armor to an officer to use for guild battles. That goon has now left, and the last time I bumped into him he had the set bonus of the bind-on-equip armor, so he's clearly got no regrets. Even Lincoln returned the armor after he walked off.

I gave content to line goons in the form of trade and piracy. These goons are still in the guild, and always asking me when the next _______ is happening.

So what I'm recognizing here is a distinct pattern of people who think that they should be in charge of things or managing things and them taking their ball and going home with it.

If I didn't know better I should start giving people I don't like my stuff to make them go away.

EDIT: While the guild was apparently selfdestructing, I had myself a raid of some 15 goons. We dropped off a cliff into a channel to load our merchant ship with packs, only to realize that we had dropped into the literal middle of an enemy fleet that was apparently just as confused as we were (after all, we literally dropped from a 95% fall damage cliff on our mounts with packs on our back). In the ensuing chaos we hijacked an enemy (empty, unfortunately) merchant ship and turned it sideways as a roadblock while our half-loaded merchant squirted away on turbo, and then the team that stayed behind to turn that ship somehow jacked a fishing boat for the lack of a better escape vehicle. It was only when we were halfway across the ocean that we realized that the escape vessel was in fact full of valuable fish, turning our daring escape into outright piracy.

Later, I was taking our raid gliding into the ocean only to spot a clipper randomly in the middle of the ocean. Realizing we'd never have another chance like this, we spiraled down and took 95% fall damage drops right on top of their clipper. Fortunately for us, our targets were a pair of confused mid-30s who stared at us confounded while our fallstun timed out, then died in three hits each By the way, they had packs. We turned them in for gilda at Cinderstone to deny them anything.

Forget what everyone is saying, I can have fun in this game, I'm going to continue having fun in this game, and I'm going to drag fellow goons with me to have fun in this game whether they like it or not.

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 1, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I thougt Kiiz had all the mats for the castle. Kiiz left? Also sorry goonfleet peeps, im out drunk and having fun. Much like i assume you all are.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
The important thing is we did some piracy and everyone had a good time and laughed at Balisata while he was doing a good job of running it, so if we can do this with Kimsemus too everyone will have fun!

Except fishers. but who gives a poo poo about them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

balistafreak posted:

Later, I was taking our raid gliding into the ocean only to spot a clipper randomly in the middle of the ocean. Realizing we'd never have another chance like this, we spiraled down and took 95% fall damage drops right on top of their clipper. Fortunately for us, our targets were a pair of confused mid-30s who stared at us confounded while our fallstun timed out, then died in three hits each By the way, they had packs. We turned them in for gilda at Cinderstone to deny them anything.

poo poo like this is what makes me want to keep playing this game. It was a ton of fun even if we accomplished very little due to both bad luck and our own incompetence. Then when we get back to port the first thing I hear is more people in guild chat whining over loving fishing. Then I realize all our resources have been stolen and a bunch of our big ships are gone as well.

A bunch of these people were crying about us goonfucking by pirating greens, then they go and take everything the guild gave them and gently caress off to join Wicked or something. The amount of hypocrisy is ludicrous.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Internet Kraken posted:

poo poo like this is what makes me want to keep playing this game. It was a ton of fun even if we accomplished very little due to both bad luck and our own incompetence. Then when we get back to port the first thing I hear is more people in guild chat whining over loving fishing. Then I realize all our resources have been stolen and a bunch of our big ships are gone as well.

A bunch of these people were crying about us goonfucking by pirating greens, then they go and take everything the guild gave them and gently caress off to join Wicked or something. The amount of hypocrisy is ludicrous.

Yet not surprising in the least. Honestly how many of the people the guild has pushed are actually still around?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

also why would anyone even want to lead goon squad that badly, and why not just give it to them yall have gone through like six leaders in a month, worst thing that could happen is they somehow use their position as guild leader to make off with the guild bank

They want to be the next mittani

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
The game is on a long decline. Inflation is rampant, gear grind is inevitable, I have determined that the best course of action is wholesale piracy and liquidating assets.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kalarifik posted:

The important thing is we did some piracy and everyone had a good time and laughed at Balisata while he was doing a good job of running it, so if we can do this with Kimsemus too everyone will have fun!

Except fishers. but who gives a poo poo about them.

There is a palpable irony that the spergy, screaming fishing goons are the ones quite literally and directly loving the guild into the ground.

Simply amazing, you couldn't make poo poo like this up. Many people who fleet with me know I'm actually pretty chill and I just yell during fights so people know what's going on because PVP is herding cats. I'm actually very approachable whenever people are not screaming themselves to death about me harpooning ships in the same ocean as their fish.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its really sad because all fishing goons had to do was man up and stop letting themselves get rolled. During the prime of fishing in this guild, we had a ridiculous number of goons out in the ocean. That many people could EASILY defend themselves from a pirate raid unless it was truly massive. Fishing goons just needed to grow a spine. Stop fishing with their off spec. Be ready to fight and react to pirates. Instead they would just sit there and get picked off one by one because they can't handle PvP at all.

Like, the difference between pirating green fishers and red fishers is jarring. When we went after red fishers today, they didn't panic and die instantly. We missed several marks because they responded intelligently. They didn't sit in the water waiting to die like greens would. If our guild had learned how to fish like they do, we would of been fine. Instead tons of people went berserk over their easy money train requiring a little more effort now.

I guess the few goon fishers we do have left genuinely are pretty hosed since we no longer have the numbers to fish effectively, but that's not my fault. Blame all the kind goons that decided to bail on the guild and take all their supplies with them. I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a single fishing boat now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Its really sad because all fishing goons had to do was man up and stop letting themselves get rolled. During the prime of fishing in this guild, we had a ridiculous number of goons out in the ocean. That many people could EASILY defend themselves from a pirate raid unless it was truly massive. Fishing goons just needed to grow a spine. Stop fishing with their off spec. Be ready to fight and react to pirates. Instead they would just sit there and get picked off one by one because they can't handle PvP at all.

Like, the difference between pirating green fishers and red fishers is jarring. When we went after red fishers today, they didn't panic and die instantly. We missed several marks because they responded intelligently. They didn't sit in the water waiting to die like greens would. If our guild had learned how to fish like they do, we would of been fine. Instead tons of people went berserk over their easy money train requiring a little more effort now.

I guess the few goon fishers we do have left genuinely are pretty hosed since we no longer have the numbers to fish effectively, but that's not my fault. Blame all the kind goons that decided to bail on the guild and take all their supplies with them. I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a single fishing boat now.

You know none of this has anything to do with why they left, right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

SumYungGui posted:

You know none of this has anything to do with why they left right?

that part makes it even funnier

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Internet Kraken posted:

I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a single fishing boat now.
I'm sure we do. It's just that they are commandeered by greens who previously did not want to unequip their fishing poles to fight. I can't see them being any more interested in PvP than they were before, so the only difference will be whose fish we will be taking to port.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

that part makes it even funnier

Why did the fishers leave, then? I've been out saving the whales with Greenpeace and apparently missed some fun poo poo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SumYungGui posted:

You know none of this has anything to do with why they left, right?

The drama that started all this was Kimsemus leading a raid that conflicted with the interests of fishing goons so I have no idea what the gently caress you think caused this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Internet Kraken posted:

The drama that started all this was Kimsemus leading a raid that conflicted with the interests of fishing goons so I have no idea what the gently caress you think caused this.

There is literally no other plausible explanation based on their behavior, unless they created a self-sustaining shitter singularity and were consumed by their own hand to mouth making GBS threads in their fishing channels.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

Why did the fishers leave, then? I've been out saving the whales with Greenpeace and apparently missed some fun poo poo.

a few reasons from what I've been told by some of them or others

werkwerk being leader
werkwerk having no right to be leader
werkwerk not responding to people fast enough
werkwerk didn't earn leadership
arrg being kicked
fishing problems
future plans being disregarded even though they probably were not or salvagable

Some may be wrong due to hear say or word of mouth and some more may be there

Salmanilla
Dec 21, 2012
Is Grithok's Fancy Lads on Aranzeb east still active? I just downloaded this game and I am looking to give it a shot, and on the Aranzeb server I'm restricted to making characters on the east continent only as Elf and Nuian are locked.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Fishinggoons.mp3

https://soundcloud.com/razorx-1/goon-fleet-mining-psa/s-WDQDh

2005 was a good year for Goon Fleet. We took our first baby steps into 0.0, had crazy mining barons that wanted nothing more than to make ISK, and it was before Remedial ran off with the Titan fund.

AAgoons condensed all of that poo poo into less than 2 months. I guess it only took 10 years to streamline the process. I'm really close to finally downloading this poo poo game and joining the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society goons and sinking fishing fleets. Whale Wars, indeed.

Omar_Comin fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 1, 2014

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

With this latest post from Trion about the Auroria patch, I have no idea what the mats for a Farm Wagon are going to be. They make it sound like it'll just take a Farm Cart plus Flaming Logs. If that's the case and it doesn't need 2 thunderstrucks anymore, that's kinda awesome and terrible at the same time. Terrible because everyone that already had a Farm Cart will have a Wagon, and trade pack values are going to constantly be low.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm not an mmo goon so I know nothing about Werkwerk but so far he hasn't destroyed the guild. The entire reason I came back after being kicked was because he said in mumble that his new guild policy was basically "don't be a loving retard and stop taking this game so seriously". That sounded good to me, so I figured maybe the guild had hope. Regardless, everyone taking their fancy stuff and leaving us in the dust has done way more to set the guild back than anything Werkwerk could do at this point short of disbanding it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Goon Fishermen reasoning:

We don't want to be pirated fishing, and PVPers could gently caress up our fishing, so we should all quit the goon guild whereby we will absolutely get hosed up fishing.

Oh, and we'll accuse Kim and his ilk of loving the guild, then absolutely and clearly gently caress it by robbing it.

:master:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 1, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it has been 24 hours and the guild has not been disbanded under werkwerks leadership, a good track record

also lol at the like one or two people that say he or I are there as imp zone trolls to just gently caress over the guild

the guild does a good job that on their own without us

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ruffz posted:

With this latest post from Trion about the Auroria patch, I have no idea what the mats for a Farm Wagon are going to be. They make it sound like it'll just take a Farm Cart plus Flaming Logs. If that's the case and it doesn't need 2 thunderstrucks anymore, that's kinda awesome and terrible at the same time. Terrible because everyone that already had a Farm Cart will have a Wagon, and trade pack values are going to constantly be low.

...you still need the thunderstruck to make the original cart, so price should be normal.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

it has been 24 hours and the guild has not been disbanded under werkwerks leadership, a good track record

also lol at the like one or two people that say he or I are there as imp zone trolls to just gently caress over the guild

the guild does a good job that on their own without us

Lol the impers are, like, the quiestest, chillesr dudes in guild chat if we choose to chat at all.

Mostly too busy truckin tho

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Omar_Comin posted:

Fishinggoons.mp3

https://soundcloud.com/razorx-1/goon-fleet-mining-psa

2005 was a good year for Goon Fleet. We took our first baby steps into 0.0, had crazy mining barons that wanted nothing more than to make ISK, and it was before Remedial ran off with the Titan fund.

AAgoons condensed all of that poo poo into less than 2 months. I guess it only took 10 years to streamline the process. I'm really close to finally downloading this poo poo game and joining the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society goons and sinking fishing fleets. Whale Wars, indeed.

You need to set that recording public so we can hear it.

And by need, I mean, really. :munch:

Also, what sets this game apart from Eve is that the tools for mass organisation are 15-years-ago poo poo. A guild is literally nothing more than a piece of text below people's names, a chat channel, and a convenient way to do mass invites. The only way to hold guild assets (in a way that doesn't allow them to be stolen by every guild member) is on individual accounts. On the minus side, this removes opportunities for the kinds of boardroom cloak-and-dagger drama Eve provides. On the plus side, we've had one year of Eve Goon drama condensed into two months (really more like one month for the real drama).

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Kimsemus posted:

...you still need the thunderstruck to make the original cart, so price should be normal.

It's the difference between 1 thunderstruck log and 2 thunderstruck trees. The cart takes a log, the old recipe for the wagon took 2 trees

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

to be fair my family left because I got kicked for no reason

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's entirely possible I've been unknowingly lucky with the groups of goons I've played with in the past, but this is my experience so far in this guild. One thing that means is you cannot tell me it's wrong because it is exactly that, my experience. In no way am I here trying to tell anyone else they are wrong. Feel free to disagree and put forth what your experience is in a constructive manner but it will be just that; your experience, not mine.

There is a truly surprising amount of people in the guild that are entirely wrapped up in wanting to be the first and best to whip out 'LUL U MAD BRO, SO MAD, SO SALTY, I'M PUPPET MASTERING YOU, I LOVE WATCHING DRAMA IT'S FUNNY'. I have never seen a goon guild with so many people so dedicated to trying to piss off other goons. As in, that is their sole and frequently stated desire. It's really bizarre. Every other goon guild I've been in, speaking in large terms with a very broad brush, generally attempts to avoid goon-loving with the goal being pubbie-loving and collective fun of goons. This one has been a near-constant stream of the aforementioned types of comments and people hashing out personal vendettas as loudly and constantly as possible.

When people feel that that is the kind of environment that exists they are only going to tolerate it for so long then they'll leave, possibly after trying to change it, possibly not. If you think that's a bad thing, great. If you think that's a good thing, also great. It's basically an irrelevant point either way because I'm attempting to get people to understand the motives of others, not attack them. Put aside the strange desire this game seems to have spawned in goons to want to attack other goons and just attempt to understand what motivates people.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

Lead out in cuffs posted:

You need to set that recording public so we can hear it.

And by need, I mean, really. :munch:

https://soundcloud.com/razorx-1/goon-fleet-mining-psa/s-WDQDh

Try that one.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

to be fair my family left because I got kicked for no reason

apparently it was a double combination of saying racist things and werkwerk not ever seeing this post

quote:

Welp, I was wrong too. I took him for his word when I guess I shouldn't have.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

a few reasons from what I've been told by some of them or others

werkwerk being leader
werkwerk having no right to be leader
werkwerk not responding to people fast enough
werkwerk didn't earn leadership
arrg being kicked
fishing problems
future plans being disregarded even though they probably were not or salvagable

Some may be wrong due to hear say or word of mouth and some more may be there

We'll since I'm in possession of the guild bank *Earned by fishing event no less*
I'll give you my reasons in order.

1.Kim deciding to it was in his best interest to pirate fishing in itself a very profitable and fun experience. Kim is not a bad guy has his right to do whatever he wants within reason of what was set. Day 1 I did watch and he did in fact obey if not skirt grey area's of some rules set forth. Day 2. Different Story. He set up shop next to goons fishing proceeded to kill Valor near the fishing boats and claim he didn't know Goons were fishing. Now Kim is not a stupid person. He dam well knows the names of goon fishing boats and did it anyhow DARING anybody to tell him different.

2. I took the only course of action I could and started spam mailing Dodgy till Dodgy responded and gave his account to Taters. Taters promptly booted Kim and got in touch with werkwerk in MIRC and said hey you want guild its all yours.

3.Keeping this in mind when I returned from work, I found a Coops family member already booted and my family in full gquit mode.

4.I proceeded to try and get in contact with Werkwerk to find out just what the hell was happening and why a family that has done nothing but HELP was having it's members booted. Werkwerk refused to respond to me in tells,mail,not available in mumble. I waited around an hour kept asking for an explanation and nothing.

5.I made my choice and left. Yes I left with the guild bank. Yes it was earned by *GASP* fishing goons. Yes I left with my family that our new leadership saw fit to boot. Now you can sit here and say all you want about how I stole the bank. Keep in mind for the past MONTH I've done nothing but run events for the guild that included gilda runs, staging packs for people without land, giving packs for gilda to guildies, running hellswamp/halycona blockades. I have not fished in nearly 2 weeks cause I've been to busy doing things for the guild. I had a conveyor belt system that was in place and the first parts of the gear were going to start coming out as the charcoal came in from our trade endeavors.

So that's my side. You can be mad at me all you want. The fact remains is Werkwerk is actually a decent leader along with Reggin. Kims is really a decent guy who got a little angry and decided to go nuts and skirt grey area's just to ruffle feathers. The fact also remains I worked tirelessly to help goons and for my efforts the guild gets left in the hands of a level 15 who hasn't played since Beta. Along with Reggin who by his own admission isn't interested in playing the game at this time.

The fact is I would gladly give the bank to any goon that has suffered for the last month and wanted to step up and take charge. But giving it to 2 guys who haven't been here for a month and were given the guild as a joke. Not happening. You burned that bridge when you decided to flex your muscle to the family that has worked its rear end off for Goons. I'd say communication goes a long way but our own leader isn't even Auth'd on AA.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
in a (not) shocking turn of events, the goons that scream the most about loving with goons decide to go and gently caress goons the most

in summary, gently caress fishing

also you realize that jerkjerk couldn't respond to you because he was flagged as a bot, so clearly the only option was to take everything and leave. when all you had to do was come on mumble where he was sorting everything out and everyone was actually agreeing with each other.

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 1, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Neither werkwerk or I have asked for the guild bank. I agree you should give it to someone deserving. That person does not have to be the guild leader.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JackDRipper posted:

The fact is I would gladly give the bank to any goon that has suffered for the last month and wanted to step up and take charge.

Alright give it to Balista then. Or any other active goon that has nothing to do with this leadership fuckery and just wants the guild to succeed.

Also maybe if you don't want your friend to get kicked you should tell him to stop being racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

JackDRipper posted:

The fact is I would gladly give the bank to any goon that has suffered for the last month and wanted to step up and take charge. But giving it to 2 guys who haven't been here for a month and were given the guild as a joke. Not happening. You burned that bridge when you decided to flex your muscle to the family that has worked its rear end off for Goons. I'd say communication goes a long way but our own leader isn't even Auth'd on AA.

You can give it to Balista. He's right now spending his personal money to give mats for packs to goons, and carrying all of them for charcoal runs on his boat. He's been active, he's been organizing as much stuff as anyone else, and hasn't antagonized anyone

• Locked thread