Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

wtfmoses posted:

Hey ya'll its ya boy wtfmoses. I "run" the offsite which is to say I host it and admin it and make sure everyone has a super great environment in which to sperg. I banned some people at the request of people who I thought were in charge and had legitimate reason to ask for bans. I banned picklefish and some other person named Syndiaan and then other officers were like NO DONT so now nobody is banned and everyone can post because wheeeee.

Anyways I have no vested interest in any of these things so don't blame me for anything other than for thinking fauxtool is a weird anime guy.

This is how the west was won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."

Eonwe posted:

offsite forum admin wire unbanned me and is allowing all goons to take part

pretty swell guy :)

no clue who banned me, but I hope it was cathartic

Hello I'm Wire and I actually banned you originally (per request) but decided later that ~gently caress it~ so ye

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No problem friend, you were only doing what you were asked to!

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

So for some reason I found myself reading Reddit while looking for information on Auroria. Is it true that Auroria mineral water only comes in the form of a trade pack which has to be hauled back to wherever you planted your Archeum trees? I was expecting it would be just like regular water and go straight into your bags, then you could grow Archeum trees anywhere. I'd expect it to be a gigantic pain in the rear end to grow Archeum trees if this is accurate information, unless you have land in Auroria and even then it's 24/7 pvp so good luck getting a trade pack through safely. If Archeum logs are going to be hell to get, and priced sky high on the AH then I'm gonna have to rethink my plans to get a Farm Wagon with my 2 TS trees.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Pretty sure this has been said by at least someone already but good job Widestancer on the op. I laugh at the new changes every time.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

ruffz posted:

So for some reason I found myself reading Reddit while looking for information on Auroria. Is it true that Auroria mineral water only comes in the form of a trade pack which has to be hauled back to wherever you planted your Archeum trees? I was expecting it would be just like regular water and go straight into your bags, then you could grow Archeum trees anywhere. I'd expect it to be a gigantic pain in the rear end to grow Archeum trees if this is accurate information, unless you have land in Auroria and even then it's 24/7 pvp so good luck getting a trade pack through safely. If Archeum logs are going to be hell to get, and priced sky high on the AH then I'm gonna have to rethink my plans to get a Farm Wagon with my 2 TS trees.

Yes, this was done to ensure that archeum trees are the sole domain of people on Auroria, thus making that land more valuable.

That being said it won't be hard for large groups to get their trees farmed and their water hauled. It can't be any harder than a Freedich run.

Also if you ever go to Rookborne on the east, large groups do trade pack runs with caravans of mixed carts and donkeys all the time during war/unrest to get in at a good percentage, unlike the west which insist on only carting during peace.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I am Canvox and would like to be invited to GOONFLEET. I am posting here because I guess proof of goon is a thing.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

balistafreak posted:

Yes, this was done to ensure that archeum trees are the sole domain of people on Auroria, thus making that land more valuable.

That being said it won't be hard for large groups to get their trees farmed and their water hauled. It can't be any harder than a Freedich run.

Also if you ever go to Rookborne on the east, large groups do trade pack runs with caravans of mixed carts and donkeys all the time during war/unrest to get in at a good percentage, unlike the west which insist on only carting during peace.

Christ. So in other words, I should look forward to paying 50g per Archeum log then. Unless I miraculously get land in Auroria, which I don't expect to happen.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ruffz posted:

Christ. So in other words, I should look forward to paying 50g per Archeum log then. Unless I miraculously get land in Auroria, which I don't expect to happen.

50g is uh, not much

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

ruffz posted:

You have two thunderstruck TREES and you're complaining about 50g per archeum log?

It'll be a one-time purchase for you, so it's not going to be a huge deal.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

balistafreak posted:

You have two thunderstruck TREES and you're complaining about 50g per archeum log?

It'll be a one-time purchase for you, so it's not going to be a huge deal.

True, I'm a big whining babby. I'd guess I'd make back the money spent on those logs within a week if I'm able to upgrade the wagon to 6 slots. I'm just stingy about spending gold since my income is fairly small. The vast majority of my land is growing trees 24/7 after I got my first t-struck.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Drinkfist posted:

I would just like to say that I sacraficed my dream of being kicked and banned from every mmo goon guild in order to be kicked from ForestCrow by one of the finest shitsperglords I have ever had the privelage to witness.

I would like to ask the goon community if I can add Archeage goons to my long list of goon mmo guilds I have been kicked and banned from without actually being in it. I did get banned on sight from the IRC so that has to count for something.

With that being said I shall be returning to my throne on the Shadow Council.

I duno, I say getting banned from forest crow is about as good as getting banned by any other dictatorial neckbeard that happened to pay :10bux:
If you really want to get kicked from all 7 goon guilds, you must start your journey November 4th

Get all 7 kick badges and you get to make your own splinter!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wtfmoses posted:

Hey ya'll its ya boy wtfmoses. I "run" the offsite which is to say I host it and admin it and make sure everyone has a super great environment in which to sperg. I banned some people at the request of people who I thought were in charge and had legitimate reason to ask for bans. I banned picklefish and some other person named Syndiaan and then other officers were like NO DONT so now nobody is banned and everyone can post because wheeeee.

This isnt true, Im still banned when I try to auth.

wtfmoses posted:

Anyways I have no vested interest in any of these things so don't blame me for anything other than for thinking fauxtool is a weird anime guy.

I prefer Xe

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/16/the-conquest-of-auroria-begins-this-november/

quote:

The upcoming Conquest of Auroria update opens four new zones – Marcala, Calmlands, Heedmar, and Nuimari – for the most resourceful and prepared guilds to claim as their own, along with new housing, castles, siege warfare, recipes, and more.

Prepare for launch with our introduction to claiming, building, and laying siege to castles below, and chart your course for Auroria. Fame and fortune await!

Claiming the New Zones

While exploring Auroria, you will find special Archeum Lodestones in Marcala, Calmlands, Heedmar, and Nuimari. To claim one of these four zones, a guild leader must cleanse one of its Archeum Lodestones using a Purifying Archeum tradepack. The first Lodestone claimed in each zone confers ownership of the zone to the claiming guild and crowns its leader Lord of the zone. (At which point all other Archeum Lodestones in the zone will be deactivated.)

Purifying Archeum tradepacks are constructed with Anya Ingots and Blood Archeum Crystals. While the Crystals can be purchased directly from a General Merchant, Anya Ingots are smelted from Anya Pebbles, and these Pebbles can only be mined from Anya veins found in Auroria. A guild will need a proficient miner and metal worker to complete this process.
Once a guild claims a zone, they can build a castle to protect their Archeum Lodestone from sieges by another guild. The designs for various components of a castle including walls, gates, and defense towers can be purchased from Mirage Isle.

Sieges: Massive Guild vs. Guild Battles

Periodically, a castle siege scroll for each claimed zone will appear on the Auction House under the “Scroll: Siege Base” category. The winning bidder can use the scroll to declare and begin a siege of the specified zone’s Archeum Lodestone at a given time or even trade it to someone else!

To claim victory, the attackers must break through any existing fortifications, destroy the defenders’ Archeum Lodestone, and then convert the destroyed Archeum Lodestone – without being interrupted – for several minutes. If the attackers can destroy the Lodestone and then convert it within the allotted time for the siege, they win ownership of the zone along with any remnants of the existing castle.

Properties within a fallen castle’s limits do not change ownership automatically, but they can be demolished at will by the new owners! If, on the other hand, the defenders successfully repel a siege, their guild leader receives Lord’s Coins that can be used to purchase specialty items on Mirage Isle.

New Housing

Once a zone is claimed, its new housing provinces will become available. The housing province in the area surrounding the claimed Archeum Lodestone will typically fall within the owner’s castle limits (and be subject to demolition by the zone Lord). Any property that is NOT within the castle limits cannot be touched or harmed by the resident guild, but it is subject to any additional taxes levied by the Lord. Property owners will still pay taxes in the form of tax certificates, and the zone Lord will receive equivalent payments in the form of gold.

Aside from the new opportunity to settle lands next to your allies, constructing property in Auroria has several benefits. Each of Auroria’s regions has dual climates (Heedmar, for example, is both Subartic and Temperate), allowing for a wider range of optimal conditions for farming. In addition, certain resources like Auroria Mineral Water can only be found on the new continent. This water is required to grow Archeum Trees, which will be available for purchase on Mirage Isle, providing a reliable source of Archeum Logs and precious Archeum.

And More!

The Farm Wagon will be available for construction and is capable of carrying four tradepacks! Building the Farm Wagon requires a completed Farm Cart, as well as Flaming Logs – another high-end crafting material found only on Auroria. Hasla Weapons will be upgradable for additional Faded Tokens and Gilda Dust, allowing dedicated players to elevate their combat prowess to new heights.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

More Hasla! Yay!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have spent more hours posting than playing, but the new patch sounds pretty cool.

Is auroria sort of a pirate thing in that there is no east vs west, just guilds as factions?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

The Farm Wagon will be available for construction and is capable of carrying four tradepacks! Building the Farm Wagon requires a completed Farm Cart, as well as Flaming Logs – another high-end crafting material found only on Auroria. Hasla Weapons will be upgradable for additional Faded Tokens and Gilda Dust, allowing dedicated players to elevate their combat prowess to new heights.

I'm not going to be a loving 1% with my drat wagon :saddowns:

I really hope no mention of the upgraded 6 slot cart doesn't mean it's not in this patch. I need to move 7 packs at once so I can sell them cheaper to people once my Bungalow Storefront gets going :effort:

Fauxtool posted:

I have spent more hours posting than playing, but the new patch sounds pretty cool.

Is auroria sort of a pirate thing in that there is no east vs west, just guilds as factions?
Auroria is northern PVP castle lands they claim and then the guild who claimed it can form a faction and then every goon can have their own guild and be allied by ingame mechanics with the Faction System rather than learning to deal with each other by communicating.
Something they could have now without in-game mechanics if we just accepted the splinter guilds since they were going to splinter once we got loving castle land anyway. (because it's basiscally larger "families" at that point if you got a faction)

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 1, 2014

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

ThndrShk2k posted:

Auroria is northern PVP castle lands they claim and then the guild who claimed it can form a faction and then every goon can have their own guild and be allied by ingame mechanics with the Faction System rather than learning to deal with each other by communicating.
Something they could have now without in-game mechanics if we just accepted the splinter guilds since they were going to splinter once we got loving castle land anyway. (because it's basiscally larger "families" at that point if you got a faction)

I thought factions were so buggy they got turned off in Korea too? Didn't think they'd be in for this patch at least.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
No word on new housing for current zones? :(

Still unsure about Auroria, especially with recent goon drama. Given the game's libertarian fantasy and the fact I work on Tuesdays, the chances of finally laying my thatched plot are fairly low. I just want to have a body pillow safe space, guys.

Guuse
May 11, 2009

LegionAreI posted:

I thought factions were so buggy they got turned off in Korea too? Didn't think they'd be in for this patch at least.

Yeah, as of earlier this year they were still working on them for the Korean release. I don't think that they've made it in yet over there so we aren't going to be seeing them any time soon.

Axel Serenity posted:

No word on new housing for current zones? :(

I don't think that there is any intention of adding housing to existing zones. They are supposedly working towards adding more zones on the two southern continents (along with new races) but I don't think that those have been released in Korea, either.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Guuse posted:

I don't think that there is any intention of adding housing to existing zones. They are supposedly working towards adding more zones on the two southern continents (along with new races) but I don't think that those have been released in Korea, either.

Oh? I thought that a lot of the open space had been converted into extra housing in the Korean release. That's what goons kept saying in guild, anyway.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I don't know if I should mention this because it might be funnier if I don't say anything until it happens. You need the guild leader to claim the castle spot. Jerkjerk works and probably won't be on to do it. Good luck goons.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Are we still even counting on getting one? Shouldn't we just try to gently caress up other guilds chances to make sure Southern Legends gets every castle?

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
There is no chance goons are getting a castle hth.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
You know if you stripped out the Naval combat Warhammer Online was a far better world PvP experience than this game, even with the horribly imbalanced classes.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Bright Wizards :argh:

But yeah you're right, I literally just said basically the same thing to someone else.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Extra posted:

You know if you stripped out the Naval combat Warhammer Online was a far better world PvP experience than this game, even with the horribly imbalanced classes.

You might want to explain this one for me, because I loving love Archeage's world PvP.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Careful guys. Valor (the player, but also the guild) knows goons and was trying to drop some sweet knowledge on why Kimsemus left (all fo which was bullshit). Apparently he "knows goons better than we know the bottom of our nutsack," and has totally legit insider info.

He called me salty. Thanks for the trade packs, Valor. :allears:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Axel Serenity posted:

Careful guys. Valor (the player, but also the guild) knows goons and was trying to drop some sweet knowledge on why Kimsemus left (all fo which was bullshit). Apparently he "knows goons better than we know the bottom of our nutsack," and has totally legit insider info.

He called me salty. Thanks for the trade packs, Valor. :allears:

Oh my I wonder what it could have been, what if VALOR IS ACTUALLY TATERS :tinfoil:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

Oh my I wonder what it could have been, what if VALOR IS ACTUALLY TATERS :tinfoil:

Something about the fishing treaty and the majority of the guild being mad at it being broken so there were literal riots for your head or something. Also, Valor being good friends with goons since '94 or something or so he knew everything. I wanted to screenshot the conversation because it was so random and out there, but apparently the buttons I thought were ss buttons were not. :(

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

Something about the fishing treaty and the majority of the guild being mad at it being broken so there were literal riots for your head or something. Also, Valor being good friends with goons since '94 or something or so he knew everything. I wanted to screenshot the conversation because it was so random and out there, but apparently the buttons I thought were ss buttons were not. :(

That's not entirely untrue, though. There was a riot for kimsemus's head because he killed green fishers. Although kimsemus didn't actually break the treaty he just followed it which apparently nobody was supposed to do.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Deki posted:

You might want to explain this one for me, because I loving love Archeage's world PvP.

Yeah I mean having a ping CC combo spam contest is a really good PvP 10/10 would play again A+++

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

That's not entirely untrue, though. There was a riot for kimsemus's head because he killed green fishers. Although kimsemus didn't actually break the treaty he just followed it which apparently nobody was supposed to do.

True, but that's not why anyone was kicked, as far as I can tell. Basically, the whole thing was a continuation of "MAH FISHING :byodood: " except from Valor. And ignoring the whole Taters thing. And sweeping secrets under rugs. Or that we kill fisherman now. And consistently steal Valor packs of all types.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Trip report: my life of crime has me clocking in at 4 stolen trade packs so far. The first one I managed to steal on Friedrich island without even being a pirate and while dragging it through a pile of aussieage dudes who were all attacking me. The next 3 I stole was after I became a pirate but before a joining the pirate guild.

I'm loving loving every second of this and I'm not looking back at all. To all the Care Bears still on the fence about joining the fun side, trust me, you will not miss your old life one bit after you take the plunge.

Extra posted:

Yeah I mean having a ping CC combo spam contest is a really good PvP 10/10 would play again A+++

I can confirm that Extra is full of poo poo, don't listen to him at all. I'm complete poo poo at this game and I've made tons of kills so far and stolen all kinds of poo poo, and all I have is my single hasla sword and not even my hasla shield yet. He is completely wrong, go out there and get kills and have fun. You'll definitely see some poopsockers with 2-shot capabilities but the number of people you can actually fight far outnumber them.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 1, 2014

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Deki posted:

I might like it, but with the laggy mess it often becomes, who knows really.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Its okay all of those materials will go to Kroggy so he can get more feet pics.

"We don't trust jerkjerk." Gonna take all the materials and stuff goons gave for goon things and give them to wicked. lol

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 1, 2014

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

That's actually pretty lovely.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The best part about this is that the group that wanted to pvp fishermen left the guild so that they could have plausible deniability. A decent solution although a poor choice in guild names.

The group that wanted to fish and follow the pact took all their stuff and some of the guilds stuff and peaced out.

One of these things is more reasonable than the other and both of the people that caused the drama are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Third World Reggin posted:

The best part about this is that the group that wanted to pvp fishermen left the guild so that they could have plausible deniability. A decent solution although a poor choice in guild names.

The group that wanted to fish and follow the pact took all their stuff and some of the guilds stuff and peaced out.

One of these things is more reasonable than the other and both of the people that caused the drama are gone.

PrepH was the only one who really fished a lot in that group. He's also the one who was holding all of the money from the fishing events he held

• Locked thread