Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm curious how many people sold their trees after Trion's post last night? It sounded pretty clear that you didn't need trees anymore, but something didn't seem right about that so I held onto my trees. I can only imagine what the official forums look like right now in response to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ruffz posted:

I'm curious how many people sold their trees after Trion's post last night? It sounded pretty clear that you didn't need trees anymore, but something didn't seem right about that so I held onto my trees. I can only imagine what the official forums look like right now in response to this.

I would hold onto your trees and see how it plays out. If everyone is dumping trees and you hold yours, you might stand to make some nice windfall profit.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm still planning to make a farm wagon, so either way I'll wait until Tuesday to see what the finalized plans require. I haven't yet seen a Trion post listing all of the mats. Pubbies on the forums are predicting thunderstruck prices will double next week, that seems a bit extreme but I'm sure they'll go up somewhat. I went ahead and bought a TS log for the farm cart anticipating a huge bump in prices.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 1, 2014

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

ruffz posted:

I'm still planning to make a farm wagon, so either way I'll wait until Tuesday to see what the finalized plans require. I haven't yet seen a Trion post listing all of the mats. Pubbies on the forums are predicting thunderstruck prices will double next week, that seems a bit extreme but I'm sure they'll go up somewhat. I went ahead and bought a TS log for the farm cart anticipating a huge bump in prices.

Found it and edited my previous post

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At this point Forest Crow is just gonna steamroll anyone that gets a castle at the first opportunity. Amusingly, if goons did get a castle we would of lost it right away since FC was dead set on blowing it up. Now we won't get one so instead Wicked is going to lose their castle instead. People call FC spergs but they actually get poo poo done and I'm sure they don't have ridiculous guild destroying arguments over MAH FISHING!!! :byodood:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
FC is actually ok with goons having a castle as long as wicked doesn't have one but that would require goons being able to defend against wicked.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

FC is actually ok with goons having a castle as long as wicked doesn't have one but that would require goons being able to defend against wicked.

Whenever we un-derail diplomacy, we'll probably just ally with eastern guilds like FC, who will like us for our constant attacks on western guilds.

This will result in maximum profit/tears/fun.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Kimsemus posted:

Whenever we un-derail diplomacy, we'll probably just ally with eastern guilds like FC, who will like us for our constant attacks on western guilds.

This will result in maximum profit/tears/fun.

With how poo poo is, I wouldn't mind 3 months being allied with FC

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I really don't see why FC would want to ally with us, no matter how much we attack the west.

I'm also not surprised they want us to have a castle given they'd have an easy time taking it later. FC using us to prevent Wicked from getting a castle irks me in the same way as Wicked using us to fend off FC while they killed the Kraken with promises of riches. Anyhow, I now know more goons in Wicked than I do in FC (I actually don't know any in FC).

Arcade fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 1, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

FC hates wicked more than they hate goons.

FC has feedz who is a goon, relatively high up there, and has a close line of communication with goon squad.

If it fucks wicked over, they are ok with it.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Arcade posted:

I really don't see why FC would want to ally with us, no matter how much we attack the west.

I'm also not surprised they want us to have a castle given they'd have an easy time taking it later.

FC has no desire to dominate all the castles, they've already said that owning them all ruins the game and makes it not fun. If goons got a castle the danger would not be from FC.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

ThndrShk2k posted:

Found it and edited my previous post

People don't seem to think that's the full list of mats though. The solid shaft supposedly requires the 2 TS trees and 1 sunridge ingot, then the high power engine needs the flaming logs in addition to silver/gold/archeum ingots. For 4 wheels you needed 8 archeum logs and 2 sturdy ingots. I'm not sure how you'd get all of those components out of just 2 TS and some flaming logs.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ruffz posted:

The solid shaft supposedly requires the 2 TS trees and 1 sunridge ingot

It's not supposed because it's craftable now and required for fishing boats.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

FC hates wicked more than they hate goons.

FC has feedz who is a goon, relatively high up there, and has a close line of communication with goon squad.

If it fucks wicked over, they are ok with it.

Feedz killed me when I went to check on his illegal farm for thunderstrucks. Then again, the trees were missing and hadn't completely grown so I think someone uprooted them and it was misplaced anger.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If this was like two days ago it is even better since he lost one to a teleporting bot.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

It's not supposed because it's craftable now and required for fishing boats.

Ah weird, I thought I searched for it in the vocation folio and nothing came up, but I see it now. Trion could clear up this confusion if they'd simply post the exact material list for the wagon, but it's almost like they're gonna force people to wait until Tuesday to see it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Today I learned you can put a bed in your private workbench. :unsmith: So fellow homeless goons, if you have an 8X8 you can build a Private Sawmill/loom/etc, and then put your bed, chest, and other small decorative items on display. Just don't build the private smelter, the smelter itself is huge and takes up most of the space.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

loving hell I go to a Halloween party and wake up hung over and it still keeps happening.

What do I need to update in the OP, friends? I promised to be a good shepherd for this thread and I intend on keeping that up.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

JackDRipper posted:

We'll since I'm in possession of the guild bank *Earned by fishing event no less*
I'll give you my reasons in order.

1.You're selfish, so I'm stealing it.

Give it to Balistafreak you goonfucker.

Axel Serenity posted:

Careful guys. Valor (the player, but also the guild) knows goons and was trying to drop some sweet knowledge on why Kimsemus left (all fo which was bullshit). Apparently he "knows goons better than we know the bottom of our nutsack," and has totally legit insider info.

He called me salty. Thanks for the trade packs, Valor. :allears:

That's funny, I logged into Pumpkin Patch today and saw a Goon Squad telling some recently de-Goon Squadded folk that Kimsemus is the pedophile and he kicked innocent goons to distract us from his own sins!

Valor is just salty.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

ruffz posted:

Just curious, but have you worked out the break-even point for those things? I got my first TS this week (:homebrew:) so finally built my cart, and have been thinking a little about this. Here are some totally back-of-the-envelope numbers.

Farm cart:

Estimated profit per run: 24gp (3 packs, less eco fuel, mats, etc)
Cost of farm cart mats: 450gp (very roughly, 300 for a log, 50-60 for a plan, plus some other stuff)

450/24 = 19 runs to break even

Farm wagon:

Estimated profit per run: 40gp (5 packs, less eco fuel, mats, etc)
Estimated cost: 3000gp? 4000gp? (2400 just for TS trees, gently caress knows for all the other mats)

4000/40 = 100 runs to break even

Or, put another way, if you're using your cart to grind gold for the wagon, 4000/24 = 167 runs.

Each run takes what, 20 minutes or so? So your wagon wouldn't even turn a profit until you'd spent 30 hours or so just running packs. And if you're just grinding it out with the cart, you're looking at more like 40 hours. If you're trucking for the sake of trucking, it's worthwhile. If you're just trucking a few hours a week, it's only worthwhile if you think you'll still be playing the game half a year from now.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
can you spawn a cart and let a friend ride it? cart rentals, goon discount!

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Carol Pizzamom posted:

can you spawn a cart and let a friend ride it? cart rentals, goon discount!

Yes, I used to do it all the time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Widestancer posted:

What do I need to update in the OP, friends? I promised to be a good shepherd for this thread and I intend on keeping that up.

How about a good summary of all that's happened since launch?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Unguided posted:

:eyepop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The goon guild bank has been decided to be transferred tomorrow in the form of fish.

I am not kidding about this.

So that is taken care of.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Slarlid posted:

Give it to Balistafreak you goonfucker.

That's funny, I logged into Pumpkin Patch today and saw a Goon Squad telling some recently de-Goon Squadded folk that Kimsemus is the pedophile and he kicked innocent goons to distract us from his own sins!

Valor is just salty.

Aww, those insults are adorable. Do they help him regenerate mana or something?

(Dick. Scumbag. Loser. Virgin. Virgin.)
...|
....\

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I went ahead and sold my tree. I only use the cart to stage packs, since I have a merchant ship for actually turning them in. The wagon would save me a LOT of time, but I'm still limited by labor on how many actual packs I can turn in during a day, so it's just about convenience and frankly the cash from trees at this point is much more useful to me for gearing up.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Just curious, but have you worked out the break-even point for those things? I got my first TS this week (:homebrew:) so finally built my cart, and have been thinking a little about this. Here are some totally back-of-the-envelope numbers.

Farm cart:

Estimated profit per run: 24gp (3 packs, less eco fuel, mats, etc)
Cost of farm cart mats: 450gp (very roughly, 300 for a log, 50-60 for a plan, plus some other stuff)

450/24 = 19 runs to break even

Farm wagon:

Estimated profit per run: 40gp (5 packs, less eco fuel, mats, etc)
Estimated cost: 3000gp? 4000gp? (2400 just for TS trees, gently caress knows for all the other mats)

4000/40 = 100 runs to break even

Or, put another way, if you're using your cart to grind gold for the wagon, 4000/24 = 167 runs.

Each run takes what, 20 minutes or so? So your wagon wouldn't even turn a profit until you'd spent 30 hours or so just running packs. And if you're just grinding it out with the cart, you're looking at more like 40 hours. If you're trucking for the sake of trucking, it's worthwhile. If you're just trucking a few hours a week, it's only worthwhile if you think you'll still be playing the game half a year from now.

I don't count the price of the thunderstruck trees, since they came from my farms and I have no clue whatsoever how many trees I had to plant to get those 2 so it's impossible to get an accurate number. I'm building a wagon rather than just selling the trees because I honestly don't know what I'd do in this game for fun as a non-tryhard if I'm not running packs. I figure I'd do at least 3 runs a day, so that's 120-180g profit a day depending on if I have a 4 pack or 6 pack wagon. At 4 packs plus one on my back, it would take me less than a month to hit the 3000g mark. With a 6 pack wagon, less than 3 weeks. And after a while I could afford to buy up properties in zones that would make for good pack staging.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

its perfect on a lot of levels tbh

also its hilarious how I got poo poo on for trolling guild chat a bit, and there are people goonfucking all about with materials while I'm still offering to let people use my merchant ship/etc

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I am on the edge of almost installing this game but before I do, will I have adventures like I used to with my Goon Tang Clan?

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
Summarize the Eonwe drama cuz I noticed lots of bitching about you but I never noticed what it was you were doing wrong.

\/ you loving monster

treerat fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 1, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Its not even worth it tbh, its all tied into all the guild drama in general you have seen in the guild. I mostly just make fun of goons for saying dumb stuff during the drama really.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I am on the edge of almost installing this game but before I do, will I have adventures like I used to with my Goon Tang Clan?

werkwerk is in charge and I just manage complaints

there are things to do but not as much as wushu

it is still a bad game like wushu with a better UI and more people that complain about pvp

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Anyone have any tips/tools the can recommend for troubleshooting my latency problems with this game? It usually stays at around 53ms, but I've been getting 200ms spikes that have started occurring about every 10 packets. Running a tracert is showing me nothing worthwhile, and I want to be able to tell my ISP where the problem is.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bait and Swatch posted:

Anyone have any tips/tools the can recommend for troubleshooting my latency problems with this game? It usually stays at around 53ms, but I've been getting 200ms spikes that have started occurring about every 10 packets. Running a tracert is showing me nothing worthwhile, and I want to be able to tell my ISP where the problem is.

Do continuous pings to your routers/modem and then one to someplace like google.
If they all spike it's your computer
If only one of the local devices spikes, network device
If only the google one spikes, ISP
If none of them spike and only ArcheAge lags at that time, it's ArcheAge

Most likely it's ArcheAge. Arenzeb doesn't like us.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bait and Swatch posted:

This game is absolutely terrible at dealing with dropped packets. If you are having any network issues to begin with ArcheAge is just going to amplify them beyond reason and poo poo all over itself constantly. Most competently programmed stuff can tolerate those scenarios so they may have been around awhile and just never triggered a poo poo storm before.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Someone actually named themselves valor after their guild valor? :vince:

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
He named his guild after himself.

\/ really? thats disappointing, i prefer my version and continue to believe it

treerat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 1, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Valor isn't the leader or even an officer in Valor. Their GM is "on a need to know basis" according to some guy in Valor I asked the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I have a couple housing items that I placed really high up on the outside of my house, one of which is on the roof. Is there any way to recover them?

• Locked thread