Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Kaubocks posted:

I just started seeing cryo guns pop up as I was quitting the game last night. Is cryo considered an element? Can I use Athena's skills to increase my freeze chance by a bajillion? I want to roleplay as Mr. Freeze and make terrible ice puns.

Cryo is an element and there are freeze-rays in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Claptrap has all the ice puns on full lockdown. Including such greats as "Chill out!" and "ICE to meet you!" and "Freeze! ...I dunno why I said that!"

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Kaubocks posted:

I just started seeing cryo guns pop up as I was quitting the game last night. Is cryo considered an element? Can I use Athena's skills to increase my freeze chance by a bajillion? I want to roleplay as Mr. Freeze and make terrible ice puns.

Yes Cryo is considered an element. You can kinda of use Athena's skills to increase freeze chance. Only fire and electrical contribute to building Maelstrom stacks, but cryo, explosive, and corrosive benefit from them. So you have to use something else to build your stacks. There is a skill called Deep Freeze further down which will lock your Maelstrom stack count as long as you keep freezing people.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I figure all I need is Storm Weaving to double my freeze chance and to poo poo out more bullets faster. Then I can just gently caress around in the other skill trees.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Claptrap has all the ice puns on full lockdown. Including such greats as "Chill out!" and "ICE to meet you!" and "Freeze! ...I dunno why I said that!"

Nevermind I should just be playing as Claptrap.

(still going to stick with Athena)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Does storm weaving actually double your elemental effect chance? I remember maya having a tier 1 elemental effect chance skill in bl2 that said like 40% but actually gave next to nothing with the way the math worked out.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Storm Weaving adds a +100% elemental effect chance at max level which actually works out to "double what number is on the gun". Still, double is nothing to scoff at when, before Storm Weaving, you have a sniper rifle with 30-40% chance to element someone or an 8% chance on a Vladof assault rifle with an 11 fire rate (which is also boosted by Storm Weaving).

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
If you want to be freezing guys, there is sadly only one weapon to use, the Fridgia. It's an SMG that fires 2 bullets per shot, at 1 ammo cost, and has a ~30% freeze rate. It's a quest reward for doing the decontamination quest on Helios. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Fridgia

You can also get Oz kits which will increase your freeze rate.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Speaking of Oz kits, is there any reason not to use the one that gives you greater gun damage the more oxygen you have? It seems like the best one by far.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In "Sub Level 13 part 2", which choice gets me which reward? It is not clear.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

The Lone Badger posted:

Repairing the teleport gives you the purple reward.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

Speaking of Oz kits, is there any reason not to use the one that gives you greater gun damage the more oxygen you have? It seems like the best one by far.

It really depends. On Helios, where there is higher gravity, those are usually the best one to have. But in areas with vacuum/low gravity, the Acrobat or Duality kits offer a lot, depending on your build. The Juggernaut ones are also good if you pair it with an adaptive shield and are going for tanking.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That one legendary one that you get from a quest that creates a nova when you shoot an enemy and have more than 80 oz is also super good in atmosphere.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Skandranon posted:

Mine were both on TVHM. That probably makes more sense... the weapon would be a crappy level 4 item on normal mode, yeah?

I killed him around 20 times in TVHM, post main quest. I got 1 pumpkin gun.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
It really depends on your playstyle. If you don't buttslam a lot, or do other aerial maneuvers, the +gun damage ones are probably best. Acrobat works great for Xiphos spec, as the capstone skill makes it easy to get the +melee damage in air bonus. Jumping and then melee-rushing are all counted as air hits.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Lone Badger posted:

When looking at the choices on the HUD or menu, they are listed in the order of the rewards on the quest log. For example if the quest was "Beat up Handsome Jack some more -OR- Don't beat up Jack" and the quest log listed the rewards as "Pistol / Grenade Mod", the pistol on top would always correspond with the former choice and the grenade mod on bottom with the latter.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vargs posted:

Does storm weaving actually double your elemental effect chance? I remember maya having a tier 1 elemental effect chance skill in bl2 that said like 40% but actually gave next to nothing with the way the math worked out.

wait, what does flicker really come out to then

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Tollymain posted:

wait, what does flicker really come out to then

IIRC it provides the listed bonus multiplied by the application chance on the weapon. So if the gun says 6% and you have 30% from Flicker, it becomes a 7.8% chance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So... is that BUGGED, or was that always its intended functionality? :psyduck:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Goddamn this bomber fight is terrible. It spends most of its time invulnerable and there's no indication when its shootable.

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!
My problem with RK5 is that I reduced his health to nothing several times, but he was was in an animation or something, and didn't count as killed. Then one of the infinitely spawning eridians murdered me.

And then, some bullshit - multiple times I've killed people with DOTs after the FFYL timer goes off. But because the dying animation has started, it doesn't count. Even if Nisha giggles because she just killed something, her head is all lolling about and it's time for the long-rear end reconstruction sequence (and then the boss goes to full life).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

So... is that BUGGED, or was that always its intended functionality? :psyduck:

That's intentional. It's sorta like how with damage reduction, a 100% reduction means you take half the damage you normally would.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:psyduck:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If it worked additively it could take dot chances from 8% to 68% with a class mod. That's a bit off in the other direction.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Genocyber posted:

That's intentional. It's sorta like how with damage reduction, a 100% reduction means you take half the damage you normally would.

Then it probably should be weighted on the skill screen to say that instead of the deceptive pre-math stuff. Or changed to a multiplier instead of a % or something. This game falls into that too sometimes and it's a bit annoying to not know exactly what a skill will do because the percent you see isn't always the percent it represents.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Then it probably should be weighted on the skill screen to say that instead of the deceptive pre-math stuff. Or changed to a multiplier instead of a % or something. This game falls into that too sometimes and it's a bit annoying to not know exactly what a skill will do because the percent you see isn't always the percent it represents.

A percentage is a multiplier.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

wdarkk posted:

A percentage is a multiplier.

I meant visually.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I meant visually.

It'd require some weird UI math, since it depends on each gun. Do you show the currently equipped gun? All four ready guns? That's gonna be a busy tooltip.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They could just have the gun's percentages on its item card accurately reflect what it will be when it is in your hand and show its base stats when it is in your inventory. There are lots of ways to fix the issue. If they're already doing the math it probably wouldn't be that hard to make it display the results on that little thing that pops up in the corner when you swap weapons instead of its original stats.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Storm Weaving at least updates the corner tooltip if you switch a weapon and then highlight an in-world weapon to compare stats. I would assume the corner tooltip isn't updated immediately upon switching because the weapon needs to finish switching for Storm Weaving to take effect.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Haven't played this yet but a buddy picked it up and we're gonna do some co-op, trying to get some knowledge. For Athena, does the cooldown on her shield start right when she uses it, or when the shield is done?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can gibbed expand my inventory slots beyond the normal allowable? How do i do it?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

cams posted:

Haven't played this yet but a buddy picked it up and we're gonna do some co-op, trying to get some knowledge. For Athena, does the cooldown on her shield start right when she uses it, or when the shield is done?

When it's done.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

AirRaid posted:

:siren::siren::siren:EASY LOOT TABLE FILE FOR THE PRESEQUEL:siren::siren::siren:

This is awesome, tweaked the purple rate up and bought a kick rear end cryo laser from a vending machine. Game is now 22.4% more fun.
Upped the legendary rate and received a bonus package which ruins most encounters, too easy. Got a Cradle shield and died immediately :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^ Still needs to get OP'd.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Szymanski posted:

This is awesome, tweaked the purple rate up and bought a kick rear end cryo laser from a vending machine. Game is now 22.4% more fun.
Upped the legendary rate and received a bonus package which ruins most encounters, too easy. Got a Cradle shield and died immediately :)

You don't need to up the legendary rate to break the game with the bonus package, torks drop them like candy.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Apparently the final boss can drop a special legendary class mod, doesn't have to be the raidboss version. It's pretty good but not nearly as amazing as the celestial lawbringer -or crapshooter class mods.

Screenshot of it here.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Am I just too used to strafe jumping in quake or does it seem like the acrobat oz kits don't really add much to my air control? I only notice the increased control when turning completely around in the air.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

watho posted:

Apparently the final boss can drop a special legendary class mod, doesn't have to be the raidboss version. It's pretty good but not nearly as amazing as the celestial lawbringer -or crapshooter class mods.

Screenshot of it here.

It also drops from that named Stalker boss in R&D, which is more likely an oversight than anything else. It's also easier to get to once you open the back door, provided you don't mind seeing everyone's best friend Rabid Stalker.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

It also drops from that named Stalker boss in R&D, which is more likely an oversight than anything else. It's also easier to get to once you open the back door, provided you don't mind seeing everyone's best friend Rabid Stalker.

Those guys are not nearly as annoying in this game. Kind of silly that those mods drop from that "boss" though, considering that there are a lot of unfarmable legendaries to give it instead. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Vibrapulse that you get immediately before the station levels makes the Rabid Stalkers trivial.

• Locked thread