Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Doc_Uzuki posted:

Any word on if this will have split screen online multiplayer like BLOPS?

A streamer I was watching last night on PS4 was playing online split screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Oh god... I bought this for ps4. I tell myself "never again" but I have bought every single one so far. I am a big dumb baby.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I just never say never in the first place. :patriot:

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

de_dust posted:

Oh god... I bought this for ps4. I tell myself "never again" but I have bought every single one so far. I am a big dumb baby.
Right there with ya.
:shepspends::hf::shepspends:

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
People need to start posting their speedtest results so we can start matching teams?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Venutolo: A Class of His Own

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Freaquency posted:

Same technology that gives us these bad boys:

On the PS4, you can flail your controller around to reload.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

Here's why A&W could be different:

So, to sum up, they were brought in to finish MW3 after disgruntled IW left. They were given less than a year to finish the entire game and make it bug-free.

Reasons why A&W will be pretty much like every other CoD:

Because Call of Duty.

The changes between one iteration of COD and the next are less drastic than changes that bored teenagers have made to PC games in shorter timeframes and released for free--or for that matter, changes you could make yourself in 20 minutes to any Steam Workshop-enabled game for free. The success and failure of each iteration basically depends on it being grossly imbalanced enough for it to still be fun despite everyone being bored as gently caress with the only series that rivals EA Sports games in its lack of innovation.

A SWELL DUDE posted:

Another reason Ghosts was terrible: lovely game modes. No CTF, no Hardpoint (which had been a big hit in the previous installment), no Headquarters, and I don't think there was even Demolition. Blitz looked cool on paper, but it played horribly. Every game turned in to teams trading caps as fast as possible with virtually no defense played.

AW is bringing back CTF and HP, so it's already on the right track. Uplink looks like a ton of fun, and I don't think it will flop like Blitz since the ball mechanic draws the action to a central location at all times. And then Momentum should be solid. It's a formula that works great in TF2. If anything, it's like a more dynamic Domination (which needs to die already).

Blitz had a lot of spawncamping potential, but somebody invariably hosed it up

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Probad posted:

is that a wiimote

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Oh if anyone wants an Xboner who loves domination, MulloyII is my gamer tag.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Probad posted:

I was already disgusted that Ghosts on the PS4 didn't let you use the touchpad to control your killstreaks like your dude ingame does with his tactical ipad or whatever the hell it is. :colbert:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I dunno why y'all are ashamed of buying these games since they are Fun Games. The only one I've marginally regretted was MW3, but I had too high of hopes because of MW2.

Even Ghosts was fun for its story, even if the MP was boring.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Soul Glo posted:

Even Ghosts was fun for its story, even if the MP was boring.

Posts like these make it easy to figure out who to listen to when I ask "is this game worth getting?" in a week or two. TY

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Why is my dumb rear end considering this game. I guess after gamers club unlocked and movers guide i can get it for ~$42 and trade it in in a few weeks and not really be out much.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wait hold up people didn't like MW3?

We're all suckers and even though all CODs suck they're still fun and we're big dumb baby idiots that keep feeding into it. Except Ghost of course. That one actually looked good but was actually terrible.

This one actually looks kinda ok though. Queue me as another idiot that will buy it. Not falling for the DLC/season pass this time though!

I hope being on last gen as well won't effect graphics improvement on ps4

I also got a xim since it ruled on Xbox so I'm one of those faggots

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 1, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dum Cumpster posted:

Posts like these make it easy to figure out who to listen to when I ask "is this game worth getting?" in a week or two. TY

Glad to be providing you with hot video gaming tips!

Christoff posted:

Wait hold up people didn't like MW3?

We're all suckers and even though all CODs suck they're still fun and we're big dumb baby idiots that keep feeding into it. Except Ghost of course. That one actually looked good but was actually terrible.

This one actually looks kinda ok though. Queue me as another idiot that will buy it. Not falling for the DLC/season pass this time though!

I don't even know if I would like MW3 now, but going into it I was so excited because MW2 was my favorite, I took the day off work, etc. Then I played it a few weeks and put it on the shelf, forgetting about it. Just wasn't the same. Probably not fair to MW3, but :shrug:

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I figure if it's got $1/hr in it, I'm good. Then again I'm terrible at like all games so being mediocre shooty mans is my goal and I usually achieve that. Except in domination and I seem to do well there for some reason. Probably because camping a fixed objective is less difficult than deathmatch.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

ethanol posted:

enough with this campaign hate, there are only two kinds of people in this thread

those who preordered a bad game, and those who preordered two $100 copies while drunk

To be fair, I had a pretty good buzz going when I did my preorder at EB.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dum Cumpster posted:

Just ask the anime krew we'll be the first to admit if it sucks or not.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This seems like a good time for somebody with archives (hint hint) to go find quality Day -1 Ghosts prediction posts.

In other news I preordered a Bone. GT: InvadeFranceNow returns from the slow death that is the quarterly steam sales

I think its fitting to preorder a new edition xbox one and CoD:AW together, just like you poor sods did with ghosts. I'm going to feel the full crushing weight of disappointment.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 1, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ethanol posted:

This seems like a good time for somebody with archives (hint hint) to go find quality Day -1 Ghosts prediction posts.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

"What do the masks mean?"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I bought the hell out of this poo poo on PC.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
what were the ghosts predictions like? hilarious?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

de_dust posted:

Lots of mask predictions, mainly.

That looks like a 18th century Samurai mask: Assassin Pro confirmed.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I hope they do something like this again:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

de_dust posted:

The only positive was "DOG!"

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
What time does bestbuy let you get it tomorrow? Gamestop is doing 11pm sales.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Im guessing there is no advanced nuketown

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Don Lapre posted:

What time does bestbuy let you get it tomorrow? Gamestop is doing 11pm sales.

No mom-and-pop shops nearby? Gamestop is doing a midnight release while the Asian guy around the block is gonna start selling it in the afternoon.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Q3-KhHyI0

It's gonna suck lawwwwwwwwwwwwl :unsmigghh:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

teknetik posted:

No mom-and-pop shops nearby? Gamestop is doing a midnight release while the Asian guy around the block is gonna start selling it in the afternoon.

I did the $30 gamersclub unlocked. So at bestbuy ill get 20% off for GCU, 10% off moversguide, and get a $10 gift card on top of all of it when i buy the game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Wait is he playing on 360 lol who cares.

e: Who is even making the game on old gen consoles?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can't see PC and TV at the same time. Not a real gamer.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

hopterque posted:

Wait is he playing on 360 lol who cares.

e: Who is even making the game on old gen consoles?

COD is gonna be like the soccer games. Made 5 or 6 years after no other games are being mades

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
This video owns because he's crying about not being able to see players with the lovely old gen graphics.

e: And now he's talking about how camping is the most effective strategy.

I mean it's pretty good odds the game is gonna be trash but I'm feeling pretty positive it's not gonna be trash because of lack of mobility.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 2, 2014

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

hopterque posted:

This video owns because he's crying about not being able to see players with the lovely old gen graphics.

e: And now he's talking about how camping is the most effective strategy.

I mean it's pretty good odds the game is gonna be trash but I'm feeling pretty positive it's not gonna be trash because of lack of mobility.

He's a whiny bitch but he's been right about the previous cods

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

He's a whiny bitch but he's been right about the previous cods

He's also describing the previous cods.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Aphrodite posted:

He's also describing the previous cods.

Which he was right about in his pre-release opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I watched his vid about ghosts and he talks about overpowered quickscoping and bad SMGs (neither of which are true) and doesn't mention any of the actual issues with the game at all.

Also he's playing this on 360 and it's the first cod that is really, really meant to be on next gen (or pc). He also bitches about getting pinged on the map for using exo suit abilities and there's literally an exo suit thing that makes that not happen.

e: Also this is the studio that did the old gen versions of the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Moon_Studios

• Locked thread