Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Here's another video of that bug that shows how to do it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6g_hgSgg0U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RatHat posted:

Would it be possible to set up a blockade around some small but important water passage with these?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Yes. Even some important ones.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It can be moved though, by ramming enough ships into it. So it wouldn't last very long.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

RatHat posted:

It can be moved though, by ramming enough ships into it. So it wouldn't last very long.

Use more boats.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Why haven't you guys set up a land caravan of boats to events yet?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Is this what crashed the server about a month ago? I had just logged on, so I didn't get to see it first hand.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Third World Reggin posted:

You could. I did it it with one other person on a tower and asked for poems. Told people it was my bar mitzvah and that we had the beastie boys upstairs. Then I would play hava nagila while waiting for a poem.

The only poem we got was "Every rose has a thorn"

Your mounts are also physic objects that you summon from thin air and then have to mount. If you desummon them they run off into the distance.

A good portion of my time is spent trying to bowl people off of air ship towers with my donkey.

EDIT: People also try to get around blockades by getting out of their vehicles. If they do this anyone can hop in unless they put a one minute buff on it. So goons will hop in, steal the cart, and just drive off into the sunset with it.

man, you forgot the best part.

Anyone in your Raid can steal the packs off the vehicle. Hit Shift-R and you can push a button to invite anyone nearby into your raid group.

Tarezax posted:

Relating to this:

I quit because I felt the actual game was kinda boring (also it runs like poo poo on my computer), but in my early days in-game I had just finished turning in a trade pack for the newbie quests and was heading back to town to get the reward from the quest-giver, when I saw a trade pack sitting on the ground in the pass between zones, completely unattended. I immediately picked it up, walked over to complete that quest and get my donkey (which is a mount that's somewhat slow but allows you to carry a trade pack while on it), and set off to turn it in.

Turns out the trade pack was sitting there because some other goons had used their mounts to knock an AFK guy off of an airship while it was flying over that pass, and he'd died from the falling damage.

I was on mumble for [aftermath of] that and it's one of the best things to ever happen in that game.

Tarezax posted:

I've heard goons have even attached themselves to airships with the harpoon gun.

Not just goons. I love land-yachting and it amuses pubbies.
One of them sent me a new crest to put on my sail since I had the shameful default crest. Then we went airship harpoonin'

Bait and Swatch posted:

Is this what crashed the server about a month ago? I had just logged on, so I didn't get to see it first hand.

Yup. Goon Squad #1 First Server Kill.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

RatHat posted:

So this is how whirlpools are made?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SugarAddict posted:

Why haven't you guys set up a land caravan of boats to events yet?

I can't understand why anyone would even use the regular land vehicles if they had the option of land boating :shrug:

I'd be harpooning my way across entire continents and up and over mountains.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can't understand why anyone would even use the regular land vehicles if they had the option of land boating :shrug:

I'd be harpooning my way across entire continents and up and over mountains.

It takes eons.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Couldn't you just ask for a toll that is completely retarded high and be 100% legal?

Yeah, that would probably work if you're dealing with an admin who is also a robot

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 2, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://youtu.be/KBxj4NG3ntY

Low effort grief on some poor kid in TF2. We planned to leave him alone until he started up with his dumb "I have a right by law to speak."

I was mostly busy killing people and laughing in the background to actually do anything.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
is this 10 minutes of text chat?

g0t_hats fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 2, 2014

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdP72CTPiXs

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I've been getting back into Robocraft, which I heard of thanks to this thread. After unlocking a lot of tier 6 parts, I made a tiny little robot that is just a pilot's seat, some helium blocks, rocket boosters pointed straight to the sky and a tier 6 machine gun. Machine guns have a slight zoom and have perfect accuracy on the first shot, letting you pop off low-damage but accurate shots every second or so. The end result squeaked in at tier 3, which is also the tier that railguns first start appearing.

Essentially this little robot rockets into the stratosphere and uses the recoil of its gun to steer at insane speed across the map. From there I peck apart the team's robots with that is usually a weak gun at tier 6, but akin to a powerful semiauto sniper in tier 3. You only earn tech points on a kill or assist, but since I'm several tiers higher I don't need or want the points, only the in-game currency that results from winning and dealing damage.

The result is pure, white-hot rage as players unlock their first railgun and eagerly join a game to do some snipin'. Then ten seconds into a game their 10-second reload having sniper rifles and means of propulsion are blown off by some tiny mosquito thing with a dinky machine gun. They're left sitting in an immobile shell of a vehicle, forced to either forfeit or sit and hope my teammates overlook them as I zip away at Mach 4 typing 'Allahu Ackbar' into the chat window.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWypXM3tSUg

quote:

When you hop into GTA Online and head to the strip club, everyone else in the session can hear you. This video is the last few minutes of what was about 15 solid minutes of grunting and groaning.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

:stare:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Today we were colluding on an online Mafia site to keep everyone else as frustrated and clueless as possible. A friend was impersonating Tom Metzger, and when one of the nerds figured us out he accused him of "giving Anti-Semites a bad name" through his cheating in a casual online party game :psyduck:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Orv posted:

It takes eons.

That's when you hitch harpoon a ride on airships.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBxFcP1JDA

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tomanton posted:

Today we were colluding on an online Mafia site to keep everyone else as frustrated and clueless as possible. A friend was impersonating Tom Metzger, and when one of the nerds figured us out he accused him of "giving Anti-Semites a bad name" through his cheating in a casual online party game :psyduck:

Was it Epicmafia? You're lucky you got off that easy, the community is loving toxic and goes apeshit on anyone trolling or cheating.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Soulex posted:

I showed up to my new job and my coworker asked if I played video games. I said occasionally. Not as much anymore as I have a kid.

He said he played Eve. I asked if he knew goon squad.

He responded by glaring at me and grumbling a long string of profanity.

Good jobs goons. Good job.

I told a colleague (back when Mechwarrior online was actually good) that I played online with goons. Before that he'd been pretty friendly. After I said that: "oh I know your little friends. They gently caress up my time I spend playing guild wars 2" and never spoke to me again.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
:psyduck:

GW2 mechanics are designed to minimize griefing and encourage teamwork, he must be a roleplayer or something.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 7, 2014

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pretty much the extent of griefing in GW2 is completing events the way they were intended (because ANET was dumb and the events that come after some other events' fail states have more champs/loot than if the initial event had succeeded)

It is hilarious how mad that can make people, though

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Could just be actual coordination against him in WvW though.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

a medical mystery posted:

Pretty much the extent of griefing in GW2 is completing events the way they were intended (because ANET was dumb and the events that come after some other events' fail states have more champs/loot than if the initial event had succeeded)

This reminds me of a FATE in Final Fantasy XIV: a Realm Reborn called Dark Devices that people would exploit for EXP. FATEs are basically Public Quests; anybody can join in and if you contribute enough to the goal you'll get a whack of XP and money when it was done. Anyway, the Dark Devices one would rapidly spawn these cultists that wouldn't contribute to the goal if you killed them, so groups started ignoring the objective and just stood in on the spawn points spamming area of effect attacks.

So of course if anybody did ANYTHING that pushed the progress bar closer to complete these people would lose their loving minds. The funny thing is that more people kept showing up to exploit this, to the point that there was so many people attacking these mobs that barely anybody was able to contribute enough damage to even GET any experience. I'd say a good half of the people would end up wasting their time.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 7, 2014

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

a medical mystery posted:

Well interrupting champ trains is one. The second is interrupting gvg in the wvw areas.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Legit players labeled "griefers" by exploiters....

Reminds me of a video with Darkfall pirates ambushing a group of afk players stacked in a pyramid to exploit skill gains, something called a "rigormid"

I can't seem to find the video now, though

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Every time I read this thread I realise how bad I am at video games. About a third (or more) of these griefs basically contain "I am able to do this only because I'm very, very good at video games" in a subtext at least.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

redreader posted:

Every time I read this thread I realise how bad I am at video games. About a third (or more) of these griefs basically contain "I am able to do this only because I'm very, very good at video games" in a subtext at least.

Honestly that's half the reason I enjoy these stories. They're not outright hacking or just yelling at people, they're more clever.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Did this get posted here yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqZ9epV7PYo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

For those who don't play GW2, this guy is playing World vs. World mode (WvW). It's a PvP mode on a huge battleground map where three different servers (shards) battle and get points for capturing bases and stuff. There are some NPCs but I think all the enemies in the video are human players.

Normally, if you're as outnumbered as this guy is, you will die very quickly. This is especially true if you run into a huge zerg of players like is seen near the end of the video. The solution to this of course is to outfit yourself with a full set of tank/healing gear and movement speed buffs. You will have no ability to do any damage at all, but you can zip around and enrage pubbies with your ability to never, ever die.

It might seem like a very low level grief, but it's effective because PvP in GW2 is full of children and man-children who rage over the tiniest little things. I should actually start keeping count of the people who rage about losing in the 5-on-5 psuedo-Dota mode, because I swear it's always the lowest-scoring member of the team.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sounds like it's an actually effective strategy too because keeping a bunch of people tied up all by yourself like that means they can't deal with actual objectives.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
don't press down in killer instinct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqg23EkE-QE

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWCiDXFmlM

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

lmao

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood."

Beautiful.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"I like TJ combo because I can spell 'T J'" :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
One of my favorite griefs from the same guy: Battlefield 3 came out and he posted this video showing how to boost for points. A bunch of people got mad and this was his response.

• Locked thread