Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
This thread gets bad when people try to seriously win arguments and hurt feelings. Maybe try to just be either informative or funny :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

ethanol posted:

congrats on having the same one line doesn't even own an xbox shitpost history as the other guy. maybe if the ps4 had some games, you'd be busy

I'm sorry about your buyers remorse :(

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I doubt most of the unfunny crew ITT have PS4s either. I'm cool with anti-Boners (Boner Killers??) so long as they're funny unlike just about everybody on this page. :fry: (e: last page now)

This thread used to be fun even if we couldn't actually discuss Xbox stuff without a couple shitheels.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 2, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

This thread gets bad when people try to seriously win arguments and hurt feelings. Maybe try to just be either informative or funny :)

It's the bad attempts at trying to be funny that ruin this thread, though this could be said for any thread, it's just so bad here........uggggh

"Ha ha you're retarded" is some guy's attempt to be funny itt.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 2, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

It's the bad attempts at trying to be funny that ruin this thread, though this could be said for any thread, it's just so bad here........uggggh

xbox 1 (the third xbox) has melted down more goons than the xbox 1 (the first xbox) melted down peoples homes in cleansing fire.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Cubey posted:

it's bad because it doesn't have a viva pinata game and never will because microsoft murdered rare
I'm seriously excited to get back home and try out Trouble in Paradise over Thanksgiving, since I only ever got to play the demo of it. Definitely looking forward to that more than the PS+ games this month (though I might finally try out Binding of Isaac after never playing the Humble Bundle copy I got).

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

xbox 1 (the third xbox) has melted down more goons than the xbox 1 (the first xbox) melted down peoples homes in cleansing fire.

You made me laugh, I'll admit a good one when I see one :911:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any truth to the rumor that microsoft is about to make and sell xbones with DDR4?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Peven Stan posted:

Is there any truth to the rumor that microsoft is about to make and sell xbones with DDR4?

That sounds...

...unbelievable. :cool:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

Dance dance revolution 4

or the ram that comes out this year and costs lots and will never happen because 5ish million legacy units sold already.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Peven Stan posted:

Unless Real hurthling is right, no. The only way for Microsoft to release an Xbox with DDR4 memory is to abandon the Xbone and create a new Xbox.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo there are states without Target? We even have them here in Quebec. :psyduck:

Peven Stan posted:

What we know: Microsoft is hiring engineers with experience working with all kinds of memory.

They are apparently working on getting a smaller processor happening, which will be a lot cheaper because that means more processor per wafer yield, and might be trying to swap memory around.

Note that this is all just to bring down the cost of production and possibly make a "slim" model, it is not for improved performance.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Real hurthling! posted:

or the ram that comes out this year and costs lots and will never happen because 5ish million legacy units sold already.

Well, they've been shown to not really care about early adopters in the past with all the diskinects and price drops. So it wouldn't be entirely out of character to release a new version with better RAM. Maybe they'll combine it with the presumed slim version and market it the way Nintendo is their "New 3DS".

univbee posted:

Note that this is all just to bring down the cost of production and possibly make a "slim" model, it is not for improved performance.

Dreams=shattered.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo there are states without Target? We even have them here in Quebec. :psyduck:

I live in vermont and the target that popped up for me was in quebec :shrug:

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Peven Stan posted:

Won't happen.

The gains would be marginal, while the re-engineering costs, added production costs and reputation cost (from the Xbox One 'v1' buyers and developers) would be pretty huge. The reality is that there's not a meaningful difference in terms of pure performance between the Xbox and The Console We Don't Talk About, certainly not enough to justify breaking compatibility and annoying the gently caress out of your fanbase. It's slower in a measurable way, but multi-platform games aren't suddenly garbage because of that.

The money would be far better spent elsewhere; although if 'elsewhere' means spunking a stupendous amount of money on Minecraft, who loving knows.

Offkorn posted:

Well, they've been shown to not really care about early adopters in the past with all the diskinects and price drops. So it wouldn't be entirely out of character to release a new version with better RAM. Maybe they'll combine it with the presumed slim version and market it the way Nintendo is their "New 3DS".

The 3DS is getting on for four years old though, that's a little different to a console that's less than a year old.

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 2, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Let me just remind you that newer 360s did get better hardware, because that hardware was more widely mass-produced, but they also slowed it down to exactly the same speeds as the versions that came before it.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

ethanol posted:

I consider that an attempt to hurt someone's feelings but yeah less of that please

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Urdnot Fire posted:

I'm seriously excited to get back home and try out Trouble in Paradise over Thanksgiving, since I only ever got to play the demo of it. Definitely looking forward to that more than the PS+ games this month (though I might finally try out Binding of Isaac after never playing the Humble Bundle copy I got).

playing it right now, it's awesome and an order of magnitude better than anything the ps4 or xbone has to offer.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
hi ethanol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hello dear friend, is your ps4 working today?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

ethanol posted:

hello dear friend, is your ps4 working today?

I don't have a ps4 because I'm not a retard that buys new consoles before they have more than 1 or 2 good games on them

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I might buy a wii u soon though because that actually has a lot of good games and I have a big wii backlog to get through too

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Make sure you buy a hard drive with it because lol 32 gb

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

ethanol posted:

Make sure you buy a hard drive with it because lol 32 gb

that joke is dumb and gay

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
wow racist

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

that joke is dumb and gay

enjoy all your eshop games being bound only to your console
also when you buy it, and it keeps shutting off your internet when you update, just keep trying, it will work eventually
and don't worry about the fuzzy home menu, your console is outputting 1080p I assure you
also when you buy super mario bros wii u, be sure to pick up another two $50 wiimotes, because the gamepad doesn't work with coop
keep some cash on had to buy those fifteen year old gameboy games for $7.99
be sure to turn off the rumble feature so your gamepad battery lasts 2 hours

ethanol fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 2, 2014

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

ethanol posted:

enjoy all your eshop games being bound only to your console
also when you buy it, and it keeps shutting off your internet when you update, just keep trying, it will work eventually
and don't worry about the fuzzy home menu, your console is outputting 1080p I assure you
also when you buy super mario bros wii u, be sure to pick up another two $50 wiimotes, because the gamepad doesn't work with coop
keep some cash on had to buy those fifteen year old gameboy games for $7.99

moar pls

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Wii U finally has good games, but it is undoubtedly a Very Bad Console from a hardware and features perspective.

Kind of like how the Xbox One will have lots more fun exclusives than the competition but also not-so-fantastic hardware, imo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bass Bottles posted:

I don't think this thread has had actual funny posts yet.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Do not touch the console, your fingerprint alone will scratch it forever
Wash your hands everytime you play, or else your game pad is going to look like literal poo poo after five minutes, no I don't know why they chose this finish
Sorry, keep an extra $1.50 on hand for those $7.99 gameboy games, to pay the tax (??)
um no, you can't play online coop in super mario 3d world? why would you even think this?
stop crying about the gamepad shoulder buttons, and pay $50 for yet another 'pro' controller
you need to buy another discontinued controller to play n64 games, sorry about that, nope it's not the same controller you need for bayonetta 2
uh buy this bundle with a gamecube controller, it only works on one game though

ethanol fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 2, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I laughed when that one guy posted "PlayStation Notwork" about how crappy PSN's been the past week or so.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Spacebump posted:

That's describing most threads in the Games forum though. Other than in the title and maybe the OP, they tend to be pretty joke-free threads about gameplay and poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Do not touch the console, your fingerprint alone will scratch it forever
Wash your hands everytime you play, or else your game pad is going to look like literal poo poo after five minutes, no I don't know why they chose this finish
Sorry, keep an extra $1.50 on hand for those $7.99 gameboy games, to pay the tax (??)
um no, you can't play online coop in super mario 3d world? why would you even think this?
stop crying about the gamepad shoulder buttons, and pay $50 for yet another controller

you forgot "buy another 15 year old controller for new smash bros rehash"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

I laughed when that one guy posted "PlayStation Notwork" about how crappy PSN's been the past week or so.

*bows respectfully*

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm about ready to get myself a Xbox One, thinking of getting the Sunset Overdrive bundle and Forza Horizon 2 any other games I should look at? Not too interested in the new CoD, I already have the 360 versions of Destiny, Watch_Dogs and Wolfenstein: TNO, how many of them can I get a discounted digital version of?
I'm also wondering, is the HDD easily replaceable like the 360s were or will I need an external drive if I need more storage? Also, a small thing but are white controllers available on their own or would I be stuck with a black one, and finally, is the stereo headset compatible with the 360.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 2, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm about ready to get myself a Xbox One, thinking of getting the Sunset Overdrive bundle and Forza Horizon 2 any other games I should look at? Not too interested in the new CoD, I already have the 360 versions of Destiny, Watch_Dogs and Wolfenstein: TNO, how many of them can I get a discounted digital version of?
I'm also wondering, is the HDD easily replaceable like the 360s were or will I need an external drive if I need more storage?

External.

I don't think owning previous gen versions gets you a discount beyond what's already discounted, but I wouldn't rebuy any of those three games.

If you like Halo at all, next week is The Master Chief Collection, which is basically a compendium of all games with the Master Chief in them, every map playable online on dedicated servers and graphical updates across the board.

For multiplatform, Far Cry 4 is coming out soon and will probably be p. rad.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm also wondering, is the HDD easily replaceable like the 360s were or will I need an external drive if I need more storage? Also, a small thing but are white controllers available on their own or would I be stuck with a black one, and finally, is the stereo headset compatible with the 360.

If you got Destiny digitally, you get the digital Bone version for free if you claim it before...January, I think?

Nothing else, though.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Real hurthling! posted:

you forgot "buy another 15 year old controller for new smash bros rehash"

also $20 adapter so it works

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the hdd is inside the warranty enclosure so external is the only way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Soul Glo posted:

the Xbox One will have lots more fun exclusives than the competition

yeah if you're an idiot that likes halo

• Locked thread