Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
My favorite thing to fish are barracudas.

You can find these cute guys off of the coast of florida. Where we were fishing we found a miniature bridge set to some Arnold Schwarzenegger movie as well where they never cleaned it up. True lies maybe? The entire bridge they blew up in the movie was still there at like 1/10th the scale.

So to catch these fish, you can use a simple plastic tube with a hook on it.

The second hook is extra and isn't really needed. You throw this as far as you can and reel it as fast as you can back. They see the bright color and just bite on it. From there they may fight a bit but there isn't anything to bad reeling them in.

Getting them off of the hook is still pretty easy even though they look pretty scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bA9CBz2Nk

Most of the time we would find them near tiny islands or sandbars on the east coast of florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Khako posted:

Well, I decided to get poo poo-faced on Halloween night, instead of causing an exodus that members had to deal with on the weekend. The goons I mostly did GHA, trade runs, and hanging out in mumble with left. Great attitude of not even trying to stay friendly with goons who hae left, and for supporting Kimsemus as he straight up lied to everyone. I was in the raid that started all this poo poo. I don't like Valor much, but they have more restraint than some of you. Opening fire and killing them as they just chilled talking to us, then saying those 4 fishers attacked a fully manned cutter. Okay.

so who is it that we are offending, the goons who left, wicked, or valor

also considering the reasons and the manner in which people left, no they really should be killed like all the other fishers

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"I don't like Valor but how dare you guys murder them for profit in this pvp game! :qq:"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBWGo7pef8

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

i thought pedophilia was the pirate tradition

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Watch the video to 3 seconds.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trion please add

to the game's login screen please.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Internet Kraken posted:

"I don't like Valor but how dare you guys murder them for profit in this pvp game! :qq:"

What profit, they had no fish when we attacked. I didn't care about it that much, but that you ignored that goons were there and made up a story to defend the fact that you were goonfucking. I don't even fish, nor care to play it. The general attitude you guys decided to put on drove me away.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Salmanilla posted:

Are the Goon guilds outside of Aranzeb still active? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone posting here so far are all on Aranzeb, and I need to play with my fellow goons, playing w/o goons is just :shepicide:

Disco Inferno on Kyrios is still alive and kicking and you can message Twyx or Malificarr for a casual hookup and by that I mean we're the only two still playing every day but Kyrios is the best server and we'd love to have more people around to do poo poo with.

^Edit: Kimsemus lied fishing died

Double edit: Goons cried

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 2, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khako posted:

What profit, they had no fish when we attacked. I didn't care about it that much, but that you ignored that goons were there and made up a story to defend the fact that you were goonfucking. I don't even fish, nor care to play it. The general attitude you guys decided to put on drove me away.

who gives a gently caress

you are sitting in an open pvp zone

if you are worried about goonfucking there are way more egregious examples for you to whine about

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

shut up

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

What everyone is saying to you as you spam "tip tip tip tip tip tip" in mumble for the 1000th time. You are literally Reddit Incarnate.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

I'm not even sure what raid you're talking about at this point. The raid that started all this poo poo made plenty of money off fish while also causing collateral damage to other guilds that were supposed to be working against. You say Kimsemus is the one goonfucking but Kimsemus didn't steal guild supplies, run off to another guild, and then tell goons to go gently caress themselves when they asked to get them back. As if being mad at one person is an excuse to screw over your entire guild.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

What everyone is saying to you as you spam "tip tip tip tip tip tip" in mumble for the 1000th time. You are literally Reddit Incarnate.

someone's mad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khako posted:

i like memes, so i like reddit

problem?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Kraken posted:

Its not like Goon Squad has any reason not to gently caress with Wicked. What do we need allies for when all we can do is mess around?

Yeah, if we are spazzing out too hard to try for a castle, we don't really need any allies. The Freedick FC deal helps out average goons who want to do a trade run. I'm not sure what an alliance with Wicked would do for us at this point.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm not even sure what raid you're talking about at this point. The raid that started all this poo poo made plenty of money off fish while also causing collateral damage to other guilds that were supposed to be working against. You say Kimsemus is the one goonfucking but Kimsemus didn't steal guild supplies, run off to another guild, and then tell goons to go gently caress themselves when they asked to get them back. As if being mad at one person is an excuse to screw over your entire guild.

Continue the lies, that raid got hosed as you guys despawned the cutter and got wrecked by Valor when equal numbers show up.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

Continue the lies, that raid got hosed as you guys despawned the cutter and got wrecked by Valor when equal numbers show up.

:allears:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Khako posted:

you're an absolute treasure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khako posted:

so are we supposed to care about this or

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

Legitimately don't know what raid you're talking about. If you're talking about some raid from last night, you do realize that raid happened after all the fishing goons had ran out of the guild and stolen supplies? As in, they had already hosed us over in a pretty clear way? And you expect us to be buddies with them?

Salmanilla
Dec 21, 2012

Morglon posted:

Disco Inferno on Kyrios is still alive and kicking and you can message Twyx or Malificarr for a casual hookup and by that I mean we're the only two still playing every day but Kyrios is the best server and we'd love to have more people around to do poo poo with.

^Edit: Kimsemus lied fishing died

Double edit: Goons cried

What faction? Disco Inferno isn't in the list of goon guilds in the OP

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Salmanilla posted:

What faction? Disco Inferno isn't in the list of goon guilds in the OP

Right, west of course

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Internet Kraken posted:

Legitimately don't know what raid you're talking about. If you're talking about some raid from last night, you do realize that raid happened after all the fishing goons had ran out of the guild and stolen supplies? As in, they had already hosed us over in a pretty clear way? And you expect us to be buddies with them?

This happened on Thursday, the day this all started. The very raid that Kim couldn't follow what every officer told him to do, which was not cause poo poo until Auroria.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Khako posted:

This happened on Thursday, the day this all started. The very raid that Kim couldn't follow what every officer told him to do, which was not cause poo poo until Auroria.

but he followed the spirit of the law

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

Alright, you're officially delusional then. That raid made at least two fish turn ins before it came to end and got plenty of cash. The thing that ended it wasn't Valor, but a boat full of Customer Support pirates showing up while we were distracted and ambushing us. You can keep saying Kimsemus is the one lying over and over, but that won't make it true.

BTW I think the guild falling apart had less to do with Kimsemus and more to do with Tatters randomly getting control, appointing another random guy as leader, and then a bunch of people storming off when Werkwerk told them to stop being babies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright, you're officially delusional then. That raid made at least two fish turn ins before it came to end and got plenty of cash. The thing that ended it wasn't Valor, but a boat full of Customer Support pirates showing up while we were distracted and ambushing us. You can keep saying Kimsemus is the one lying over and over, but that won't make it true.

Sovereign Citizen of the seas and fishing

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Internet Kraken posted:

BTW I think the guild falling apart had less to do with Kimsemus and more to do with Tatters randomly getting control, appointing another random guy as leader, and then a bunch of people storming off when Werkwerk told them to stop being babies.

Okay, because I remember the guy on radar shouting that there was like 15 boats heading in our direction, then Kim took the wheel as Deutsche DCed. Deutsche got back in time to desummon as Valor rolled up and killed everyone that didn't stealth away in time.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

Okay, because I remember the guy on radar shouting that there was like 15 boats heading in our direction, then Kim took the wheel as Deutsche DCed. Deutsche got back in time to desummon as Valor rolled up and killed everyone that didn't stealth away in time.

this is indeed how the first night's raid ended, after we had stolen several fishing boats worth of fish

im still not sure what point youre trying to make with this?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I dont want to interrupt another meltdown but can someone tell me how many courage tokens I'll need for the new tiers of hasla bow?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

apseudonym posted:

I dont want to interrupt another meltdown but can someone tell me how many courage tokens I'll need for the new tiers of hasla bow?

too many

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
this isnt even a real sandbox game. the biggest thing you can lose is like, a repairable summonable boat and a tradepack. there isnt even anything to have drama over. hahaha

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

apseudonym posted:

According to the guide tier 2 is 200 tokens.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The funniest part about this whole clusterfuck is that it's a great historical learning experience.

While not 100% accurate due to it being a loving game, the economical basis behind the whole game and the active trades that produce money as created pacts, treaties, and etc. There is literally no diplomatic game mechanic, yet it has spawned because of all the resources.

Paths being blocked by carts, demanding a toll.
Pirates roaming the seas.
People within the same country/kingdom/guild not respecting another section's pacts (and instead of treating it like a game and telling those guys they are welcome to fight back as the fisher goons were not the guild leaders and this isn't a pure fishing guild and therefor the fishers have no control over what the rest of the guild does no matter how much they claim to even if it's a mutually beneficial pact for both GS fishers and the other guilds)

Wait, that last part also happens in history too. :eng101:
Granted history also had a huge subterfuge mechanic of permadeath so you couldn't guildshout who attacked you.

Man, diplomacy is hard without a King Guild Leader to unify people under one message or an iron fist.
So far, Fun quota from JerkJerk has risen 140%. He organizes poo poo that fucks with the other players and is eager to learn what other ridiculous poo poo we can do along with having fun. His message is "It's a game, have fun"
Sadly PrepH was also like that and left due to Arrg being kicked.

So whatever you do, wherever you go, have fun. If you're not having fun, maybe ArcheAge isn't the game for you.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

Khako fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 2, 2014

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Morglon posted:

According to the guide tier 2 is 200 tokens.

Is t3 in as well?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

apseudonym posted:

Is t3 in as well?

No tier 3 is 300

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck.

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Khako posted:

fishing! FISHING! FISHING!!!!

• Locked thread