Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Malakesh posted:

I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

:qqsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
fyi we were sitting in mumble laughing (with taters) as he kicked kimsemus and gave jerkjerk leader so good luck with your GOON UNITY

fishers being whiny babies caused all this nonsense, it has zero to do with kimsemus

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I don't think I want to use the internet anymore

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fish are aquatic vertebrates that are typically cold-blooded, covered with scales, and equipped with two sets of paired fins and several unpaired fins.

In the furry fandom, fish are not quite common, often being mistaken for dolphin furries and other ceteceans, which are not fish, but are in fact aquatic mammals. Popular fish furry species include sharks. It's also not uncommon for some fursonas to be part fish to give their form an aquatic meaning or flavor.

This species stub needs improving.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Oh my, this won't end well.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Oh my.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

Let me tell you how much the fishing spergs are not at fault, not spergs and in fact really awesome by typing all these words. Also I am super not mad and it is in fact Kimsemus who is so buttmad and jealous of our success and furthermore

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Blaming imp zone for goon squad problems is dumb, if your leaders can't last a month without getting trolled out of the guild by people that don't even play the game you're gonna have a hard time of it. Huge goon guilds don't accomplish a lot without someone herding the goons and herding the goons is a poo poo job

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Third World Reggin posted:

why did you do that

Because I was bored waiting for my flight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4DgQayaOw&t=48s

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

GreatestNerdEver posted:

fyi we were sitting in mumble laughing (with taters) as he kicked kimsemus and gave jerkjerk leader so good luck with your GOON UNITY

fishers being whiny babies caused all this nonsense, it has zero to do with kimsemus

Haha ok.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Kimsemus' life essence depends on yelling at people as they kill other people in video games, how can you really blame him?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Let me tell you how much the fishing spergs are not at fault, not spergs and in fact really awesome by typing all these words. Also I am super not mad and it is in fact Kimsemus who is so buttmad and jealous of our success and furthermore

That's a good summary. Thanks man.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Go ahead and ask taters, or anyone in the CTS mumble that night. Contrary to popular fisherman belief, there is not some giant conspiracy spun from a web of lies.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Flavahbeast posted:

Blaming imp zone for goon squad problems is dumb, if your leaders can't last a month without getting trolled out of the guild by people that don't even play the game you're gonna have a hard time of it. Huge goon guilds don't accomplish a lot without someone herding the goons and herding the goons is a poo poo job

Don't be a dick, Dodgy has some real personal poo poo going on. It sure wasn't Imp Zone pushing him away. I don't hold anything against him for taking the time to take care of his dad.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Go ahead and ask taters, or anyone in the CTS mumble that night. Contrary to popular fisherman belief, there is not some giant conspiracy spun from a web of lies.

You are right I am agreeing with you.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Malakesh posted:

:negative:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Khako posted:

Don't be a dick, Dodgy has some real personal poo poo going on. It sure wasn't Imp Zone pushing him away. I don't hold anything against him for taking the time to take care of his dad.

oh yeah I didnt mean dodgy

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Khako posted:

Pretty sure he means the 'leadership' in general, not Dodgy who is understandably not around right now.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Aleth posted:

Pretty sure he means the 'leadership' in general, not Dodgy who is understandably not around right now.

Not too mention that literally every commander, morbid, adhinko, Kimsemus, stormgale, etc. went away or dormant at the same time and the officers were like what the gently caress do we do now. Don't get me wrong I am actually happy that all this happened because I like many others was not enjoying the game anymore. Leading goons is awful and unrewarding. Now I can go back to just being a decent healer and filling bars. I just wanted to set the records straight for the goons that are reading this thread and not hell bent on trolling the poo poo out of it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I don't want to say I told you so but that's exactly what happens when you make Riyott an officer.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

I don't want to say I told you so but that's exactly what happens when you make Riyott an officer.

Riyott was staff (not an officer, could not kick or demote) and had very little power. He was a bit over zealous at times but he meant well. Post more about things you don't know about.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

This whole thing is like Star Wars episode 1. Which was a bad movie about space trade embargoes or something equally awful.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

Riyott was staff (not an officer, could not kick or demote) and had very little power. He was a bit over zealous at times but he meant well. Post more about things you don't know about.

I am sorry I forgot that this is something awful and internet super serious forum where everybody is serious all the time and nobody ever makes jokes or uses irony because we're all super serious.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Malakesh posted:

:vince: :cawg:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Every time I post something really dumb or wrong I am going to play it off as irony or a joke.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

I am sorry I forgot that this is something awful and internet super serious forum where everybody is serious all the time and nobody ever makes jokes or uses irony because we're all super serious.

Look at that back pedaling.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its hilarious

goons absolutely cannot handle having an archeage thread

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

Look at that back pedaling.

Okay apparently you don't know the guy or read the off site at all because that joke has been going for at least a year or two.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Panda Clue, Imp zone bitching, Kewpuh Bitching, and Archeage all in one screenshot?

what a motherload

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Okay apparently you don't know the guy or read the off site at all because that joke has been going for at least a year or two.

Lol.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Eonwe posted:

its hilarious

goons absolutely cannot handle having an archeage thread

It's almost like a swarm of imps have been making GBS threads the threads.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Khako posted:

how dare these awful SHITPOSTERS gently caress up my goonfucking pyramid scheme and splinter my authority out from under me. I had a PLAN for goons to secure me a video game caslte and they RUINED it with their imp zone posts

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Khako posted:

Hmm yes it's totally not people getting mad about being ganked in a PvP game or people defending the e honor of pedo apologists who have been making GBS threads up our thread good point

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Malakesh, Morglon, I'm not used to people fighting over who knows me more. I don't know how to handle it. Can we just go back to yelling at me for ruining everything? :shobon:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Get back in your cage, Riyott!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

UoI posted:

Malakesh, Morglon, I'm not used to people fighting over who knows me more. I don't know how to handle it. Can we just go back to yelling at me for ruining everything? :shobon:

Well great, now you ruined it.

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

Khako posted:

I can't fathom the fact that there have been 4 loving AA threads and none of them were "shitted up" by any imp zone posters. Maybe, hopefully, and I swear on a basket of fish, you spergs will realize that every last one of them has been gassed because You. Fuckers. Can. Not. Stop. Posting. Actually, don't because this is great stuff to read while I'm raiding in EQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Welp, Kewpuh showed up in the Eve thread, so that's probably done there.

• Locked thread