Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Deki posted:

There is a second offsite?

It's actually a cascade of offsite forums for which I am the sole owner. I have stayed in the shadows too long. I am the one who controls the shadow council and under a veil of "joke" posts and general aloofness have created my greatest masterpiece. Everything you see I have placed, and everything that is destroyed is so because I have willed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

They told Goonrathi leadership I goonfucked [...]

Leaving aside all the rest of it, which I am unqualified to discuss, you did goonfuck. This isn't a point you have any grounds on which to argue. How severe it was is another matter.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Deki posted:

There is a second offsite?

there is aagoons and then some private aagoons officer area

normal people never got to see anything in the officer area and apparently that information didn't easily get out, to include any good or optimistic things

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
*loads Tor*
*puts on occulus rift*

*hologram appears*

Greetings, fellow fishing officers. Let our meeting commence.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Third World Reggin posted:

there is aagoons and then some private aagoons officer area

normal people never got to see anything in the officer area and apparently that information didn't easily get out, to include any good or optimistic things

That forum existed for a week. Was filled with absolute crazy serious posts from crazy people and I deleted it the other day during the great neutrality revolution. I can dump the contents if you desire.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Oh hey 75 posts in the Archeage thread this must be interesting :shepicide:.

Holy poo poo fishing spergs please :frogout:, this has been going on too long you should feel bad.

wtfmoses posted:

That forum existed for a week. Was filled with absolute crazy serious posts from crazy people and I deleted it the other day during the great neutrality revolution. I can dump the contents if you desire.

Do it, I want to read posts that make me feel better about myself and my posting.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kznlol posted:

Leaving aside all the rest of it, which I am unqualified to discuss, you did goonfuck. This isn't a point you have any grounds on which to argue. How severe it was is another matter.

at least everyone getting hosed was of legal age this time

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

wtfmoses posted:

tread carefully, if you dump those secrets, youll be banned from goonrathi

freedom is never free, is it a price you are willing to pay moses? or should i say, snowden??

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Fauxtool posted:

at least everyone getting hosed was of legal age this time
You wouldn't expect it from their posting though.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

It's ongoing. DBRB taunted last night in IRC that he would "take care of it" regarding getting me banned from Goonrathi, the Star Citizen goon community am a part of.

They told Goonrathi leadership I goonfucked, despite the fact that I'm still in Goon Squad, still in leadership, on good terms with the rest of the current leadership, and obviously many goons are still happy to join me for content. I simply told them thus far to look at this thread, look at the vocal minority against goons still in the actual goon guild, and read how absurd their drama really is. We'll see if I get unbanned or not.

The other charge brought against me was me screen capping that officer thread regarding fishing, when it was done precisely to avoid something like this -- to expose the rampant, one sided corruption among fishing leadership trying to hold the guild hostage and show that I really was defending the good of the guild behind closed doors.

TL;DR fishing goons are now taking this to a whole new level, mad enough to make up lies to try and slander good, honest goons active in other orgs since they couldn't seize control in this one.

I kicked boat from the guild(after spending 5 loving minutes trying to find him in the roster, gently caress this game). That is god drat sad.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

plehsistential posted:

tread carefully, if you dump those secrets, youll be banned from goonrathi

freedom is never free, is it a price you are willing to pay moses? or should i say, snowden??

The things I do for love.

*pushes small Icelandic girl out the window*

That is one thread and now I have to go and get on an airplane ok bye.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Goon Alpha's

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Remember when goons were fun to play with?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Oops...

Agent Provocatard
Dec 4, 2002
Unrelated to the matter being considered.
Anyone remember the time everyone said Forest Crow was teleport hacking to our trade ships but it turned out they were just watching DBRB's stream cause he was showing exactly where all our trade ships were? That feels like years ago now.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

wtfmoses posted:

Do svidaniya, patriot :911:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
hahahahahahhaha

OUR DIPLOMACY HAS BEEN TAINTEDDDDDDDDD

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

wtfmoses posted:

hahahahahahaahahahaha what a loser

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I kept hearing about plans for auroria and the diplomacy efforts but I don't know really what they were.

What I've managed to piece together is that we were going to help wicked get a castle, then we would get a castle.

Besides both being able to be claimed at the same time, in order to have wicked help get goons a castle they would need to either donate materials or donate members.

In a 70 vs 70 fight, there are only two guilds involved. If you involve more from mercs, which may not be in, then the other person also involves more people. So we would still need 70 goons geared, organized, and leveled. We don't really have that. In a few weeks I doubt we would have that even without the drama. The main problem there is numbers.

If there were more plans I'd love to know what they were since I don't see how they could overcome the 70 goons part compared to what would be 70 FC or 70 wicked members.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
and then the problem became that a ton of goons thought we would get a castle by fishing all the time

ill let that one sink in for a bit

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I kept hearing about plans for auroria and the diplomacy efforts but I don't know really what they were.

What I've managed to piece together is that we were going to help wicked get a castle, then we would get a castle.

Besides both being able to be claimed at the same time, in order to have wicked help get goons a castle they would need to either donate materials or donate members.

In a 70 vs 70 fight, there are only two guilds involved. If you involve more from mercs, which may not be in, then the other person also involves more people. So we would still need 70 goons geared, organized, and leveled. We don't really have that. In a few weeks I doubt we would have that even without the drama. The main problem there is numbers.

If there were more plans I'd love to know what they were since I don't see how they could overcome the 70 goons part compared to what would be 70 FC or 70 wicked members.

This plan died a few weeks ago. I doubt we'll have 70 people any time soon and we should probably instead focus on taking a castle from a pubbie in true goon fashion.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

yeah I'll stop that plan there. what colossal dipshit talks about helping pubbies do anything and then calls themselves a goon???

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

and then the problem became that a ton of goons thought we would get a castle by fishing all the time

I keep hearing goons in mumble say that fishing isn't a good way to get gear because you'll never be able to catch up with inflation... But gear prices have been pretty steady for the last couple of weeks. If anything, prices are dropping as more people sell off illustrious/magnificent to upgrade to epherium. Fishing and trading feels like the quickest path to getting good gear at the moment. It most certainly isn't piracy, which is fun but not exactly profitable.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You seem to forget I was an EVE director for years

Laffo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mr goon eve leader is that on your resume lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Big post coming in. I mentioned I didn't know the plan so someone informed me.

Back when dodgy / storm were around, there was some plan but no one knows what that one was. When they were gone a new one had to be made.

The idea was to keep it private and inform people a day or two ahead of time.

The initial idea was to be friends with 2 or 3 of the other west guilds that were large and camp a cave that was needed for castle building. The cave had a boulder you had to mine then you had to mine out the cave, leave it, wait for it to reset, and start over. This took like 50K mining proficiency and a lot of labour, 3000 just for the outside boulder.

The allied guilds would stop anyone else from mining so that they could set up the first castle quickly. They may have had to leave it unguarded to go build the first castle but what ever.

After that they would go back and mine enough for a second castle. This would of been a some what lengthy event as a lot of other people would be fighting for that cave.

So understanding that goons had a gear issue, goon officers knew they needed about 500-800 g a piece. Other guilds are doing this better than goons are so fishing was chosen to be the solution. There was a system set up but it also needed charcoal.

When that solution failed, they pretty much gave up. There may have been other solutions but they were burnt out.

There were a few officers that knew this stuff but even less actually ran the stuff needed to be done. That kinda sucks and I think if more people knew about this they may have been willing to help out a bit more.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the real question is: how can we incorporate more eve platoon leads into officer roles as that has worked wonders

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Just installed and wanting to join (laugh at) drama. I take it there's no way to play on West currently, so are there any large goon guilds on East?

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Back when I was a Goonfleet director goons did what they were told and the goon alphas were set straight and furthermore

Dustoph posted:

Just installed and wanting to join (laugh at) drama. I take it there's no way to play on West currently, so are there any large goon guilds on East?

The best parts of this game are those that occur outside of the client.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Fishing paid for the non stone materials...

Big post coming in. I mentioned I didn't know the plan so someone informed me.

Back when dodgy / storm were around, there was some plan but no one knows what that one was. When they were gone a new one had to be made.

The idea was to keep it private and inform people a day or two ahead of time.

The initial idea was to be friends with 2 or 3 of the other west guilds that were large and camp a cave that was needed for castle building. The cave had a boulder you had to mine then you had to mine out the cave, leave it, wait for it to reset, and start over. This took like 50K mining proficiency and a lot of labour, 3000 just for the outside boulder.

The allied guilds would stop anyone else from mining so that they could set up the first castle quickly. They may have had to leave it unguarded to go build the first castle but what ever.

After that they would go back and mine enough for a second castle. This would of been a some what lengthy event as a lot of other people would be fighting for that cave.

So understanding that goons had a gear issue, goon officers knew they needed about 500-800 g a piece. Other guilds are doing this better than goons are so fishing was chosen to be the solution. There was a system set up but it also needed charcoal.

When that solution failed, they pretty much gave up. There may have been other solutions but they were burnt out.

There were a few officers that knew this stuff but even less actually ran the stuff needed to be done. That kinda sucks and I think if more people knew about this they may have been willing to help out a bit more.

Basically Dodgy,Kiiz,Stormgale,Ahdinko? Maybe some others I don't know that vanished had plans in place.

When it they vanished either to family,life or burn out. A new one had to be established.I had knowledge of beta knew about the Castle's and knew that gear was a HUGE issue for us.
Once we got in contact with Kiiz about the mats they were given to Arrg and Bluntmastagoku and were turned over to Turtledad.
The understanding with the remaining officers was Turtledad would become the new Dodgy and I would be stepping in as a officer and taking on the economy,castle and gearing portion.
I knew that gearing would be a huge issue for us and THE best labor to gold ratio OUTSIDE of Gwen packs was fishing. Already knowing this from previous and keeping in mind fishing had been nerfed from beta. I had already run 1 successful fishing event that PAID for our non stone materials for the Castle. We ran another event to raise more funds with the intent of buying mats. Keeping in mind that I was doing as many gilda pack runs as possible mixing in fishing,pirating,AND hellswamp/halycona blocks to keep a change of pace and keep things fun. At this point I had not posted about the plans for Tuesday because frankly I was running it like an EVE OP and not tipping my hand on what the plan was till the last minute. The base of the plan was to try and keep a cave as long as possible while our miners mined knowing full well we would get our poo pushed in by FC and other reds.

IF we were able to get enough materials I had intended on using cinderstone packs as a diversion when getting the pack made and running several clippers with tanks holding different packs. The plan was to drop where FC and Wicked were not at. At this point we would camped other area's for the final castle destination and tried maintaining possession of the pack to claim it. It seems in some weird way everything has worked out mostly for the best for all involved. Jerkjerk/Reggin get an excuse to play and have laughs, the folk wanting to push forward and get a castle while getting rich moved on, and the folks wanting to just purely PVP and have laughs stay in Goons to do Goon things.

Again I had a ton of fun doing different events. I will continue to do so. I enjoy the different aspects of the game and I hope drama aside people continue to have some fun.

Their is your outline as best an accounting I can give.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Dustoph posted:

Not really, sadly. However you could start on the east and later start another character on the west, mailing everything you've gotten and a clipper design or something. No faction restriction on mail.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

FebrezeNinja posted:

Not really, sadly. However you could start on the east and later start another character on the west, mailing everything you've gotten and a clipper design or something. No faction restriction on mail.

Thanks for the tip, may as well do that for now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I asked what the officer plans were before werkwerk got in charge and I got told about them and how it was pretty sad since there was so much optimism in the posts. Things were going to be good and be better.

Then I found many goons who never knew about them since they were only made in a private forum and never really shared openly with the members.

I played this game basically every day for the last few weeks and had no idea what our Auroria plan was supposed to be, or even who the officers were. They sure as hell weren't organizing stuff ingame much. It was usually Balista leading all the raids in the week prior to the fishing drama.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
So i just tried this game, can someone help me on the min/max on fishing and tree farming? Is there a guide somewhere to help me get virtual gold faster?

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
All the officers either disappeared into the ether as soon as they were appointed or just did nothing besides seriousposting in the officer subforum.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Top Quark posted:

All the officers either disappeared into the ether as soon as they were appointed or just did nothing besides seriousposting in the officer subforum.

charting the direction of this goon guild in this brave, new world. their legacy, forever tarnished by digital fish in a video game

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Let's discuss how much fun could be had if we could murder all of these peace zone truckers.
I think the peace zones would be okay in the major cities only.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I think the outcome is clear, goon civil war :patriot: cannot be avoided.

So, what is the next big mmo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I haven't installed this yet and I am already burned out on it

• Locked thread