Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If fishing is like mining in eve, every fisher deserves to be hunted and murdered ruthlessly, regardless of affiliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Dahn posted:

Balistafreak is a goon hero.
is on my personal "would play video games with again list"

Also, bravo to our new leader for doing an excellent job. The only drama seems to be pubbie drama after we make sure they aren't carrying ebola in their trade packs.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Velthice posted:

If fishing is like mining in eve, every fisher deserves to be hunted and murdered ruthlessly, regardless of affiliation.

:agreed:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I tried to fish and it sucked. Started with a bunch of bait fishing, turned worms worth a few silver each into fish worth a copper each and I can't do anything with them unless I have 100 of one kind. Then I tried sport fishing, it took me 600 labor to even get a bite and it took literally 20 minutes to catch that fish. It was worth a gold fifty.

I have also mined in EVE. Nothing organized, just me farting around in a low tier cargo ship with a mining laser and at least there I could lock on to something then go do something else for the next hour and come back to a ship full of "free money".

In conclusion gently caress fishing, it's even worse than mining.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Malakesh posted:

Ahahahahahahahah. Says the commander who went away for over a week only to come back because we called you out on it. That is rich. YOU are one of the leaders they are talking about lol.

Also the original plan was to have another meeting on Friday the 31st to see where we were and to see if dodgy had passed lead yet. Everything hinged on us getting guild lead back because we couldn't do much as far restructuring and reorganizing without it. The next course of action was to either reform or continue if we got glead from dodgy. Shortly after the officers meeting we were going to have a state of the goonion. Obviously that didn't happen because the guild imploded Thursday night. This is why a bunch of us were so upset with Kimsemus and his goonfucking because he made zero attempt to help with any of this or even ask about it in the first place. He simply was not around and didn't make it to either of the oficer meetings nor did he listen to what we asked. The fishing thing was just a big gently caress you to the rest of the officers.

Here's what I'm taking away from this as somebody who never played this game and has no ties to anything going on other than the amusing poo poo-show that is this thread: You are equating

A: Jacking a bunch of materials you were holding for your organization, that your organization had collected, when you decided you didn't like being in the organization anymore. (Admittedly, I wouldn't want to be in the organization anymore.)
B: A guy in a leadership position not leading people in the video game for a week.

Gotta say, that's kinda pathetic and smacks of "IT'S HIS FAULT I STOLE IT, OFFICER, HE LEFT IT THERE UNATTENDED!" Not that I don't think Kimsemus wasn't deliberately antagonizing the Fishing crew, I'm 99.99999% certain he was breaking those rules where he felt he could get away with them and then claiming he wasn't and he'd have every reason to keep lying about it here if it's true. Guy was pissed at fish, who can blame him?

Not me, because that fish pact thing sounds loving boring.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Oh, I should say I'd prefer a caster class that also has shadow play. Running around one shorting with a staff is the dream.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Widestancer, could I request a little memorial in the OP for that guy who asked about fishing or some poo poo in the middle of umderhung's meltdown in the last thread? poo poo was beautiful and should be remembered.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ganking miners in eve is fun so far and sinking fishing boats seems equivalent.

If someone wants to write a guide to killing fishing boats I'll add it to the OP. Extra points if it's in ms paint.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

Oil! posted:

I am going to give you guys a little PSA right now.

If you plan on being a stable, normal person in a leadership position, just do the opposite of anything that the previous officers did.

1) Let people know your plans. Speculation and the rumors it starts are worse than letting people know you are helping them in secret for "opsec".

2) Schedule meetings when people are on and provide notes for those not there. Halloween may seem like a good time for major decisions, but a couple of people may be unable to attend.

3) Don't take everything you don't agree with as subversion (or goonfucking), especially if you failed to obey point number 1.

I don't think you really understand the situation here... see, they SPAMMED guildchat in CAPS several times let everyone know that plans existed (but don't ask). If that's not enough to inspire confidence given the long history of honorable goon leadership then I don't know what to tell you.

e: but the current leaderfolk seem cool

treerat fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 3, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

App13 posted:

Widestancer, could I request a little memorial in the OP for that guy who asked about fishing or some poo poo in the middle of umderhung's meltdown in the last thread? poo poo was beautiful and should be remembered.

Sure thing buddy

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Sure thing buddy

Thx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im having trouble even getting motivated to launch the game tomorrow to place 4 thatched farmhouses

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Don't worry goons! I am rebuilding our fishing fleet. Our premiere fishing guild has already collected 150g in membership fees from one fisherman. We're on the road to recovery!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

Ganking miners in eve is fun so far and sinking fishing boats seems equivalent.

If someone wants to write a guide to killing fishing boats I'll add it to the OP. Extra points if it's in ms paint.

Step 1: find a boat with radar and cannons, like a cutter.

Step 2: crew boat, sail around looking at radar until fishers are spotted.

Step 3: kill the fishfucker captain and take control of the ship yourself.

Step 4: bring the ship into cannon range and set the fish free!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Aleth posted:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hi, you don't even have to blow up the ship unless it's got something in the boxes. The hold where you put fish doesn't count as "cargo" for the purposes of keeping the thing from desummoning so if you just drive it away until it times out and desummons it'll drop the fish on the surface of the water and you can grab them. If it's faster to blow it up then go for it but you can just gtfo and still grab your fish. It's usually a good idea to just murder the captain and have some dude start driving the boat away while other goons clean up.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

OP updated.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Aleth posted:

:911:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Widestancer for making the best AA thread so far. That is to say, the most coherent and reasonable.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

30.5 Days posted:

Hi, you don't even have to blow up the ship unless it's got something in the boxes. The hold where you put fish doesn't count as "cargo" for the purposes of keeping the thing from desummoning so if you just drive it away until it times out and desummons it'll drop the fish on the surface of the water and you can grab them. If it's faster to blow it up then go for it but you can just gtfo and still grab your fish. It's usually a good idea to just murder the captain and have some dude start driving the boat away while other goons clean up.

True, but Widestancer specifically asked for a guide on killing fishing boats, plus blowing them up is more fun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Thank you Widestancer for making the best AA thread so far. That is to say, the most coherent and reasonable.

And some people think I'm mean and only exist to stir poo poo up :( I actually enjoy video games a lot and if anyone here ever wants to play just add me on steam; usually some imps have some fun games going. Last night we played some L4D2 with a full crash bandicoot 2 mod (like, it's crash 2 in FPS mode) and some Town of Salem shenanigans happened like this:

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

IMAGE REMOVED IN CASE IT TRIGGERS ANYONE CLICK POST TO SEE (it's SFW)

justice was finally done

Videogames, including Archeage, are fun with friends.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
As the impquisitor of goon squad I can say a lot more people are having fun more consistently that they openly mention.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

As the impquisitor of goon squad I can say a lot more people are having fun more consistently that they openly mention.

Is it safe to go back into the water Papa Grithok?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

i am tim! posted:

Here's what I'm taking away from this as somebody who never played this game and has no ties to anything going on other than the amusing poo poo-show that is this thread: You are equating

A: Jacking a bunch of materials you were holding for your organization, that your organization had collected, when you decided you didn't like being in the organization anymore. (Admittedly, I wouldn't want to be in the organization anymore.)
B: A guy in a leadership position not leading people in the video game for a week.

Gotta say, that's kinda pathetic and smacks of "IT'S HIS FAULT I STOLE IT, OFFICER, HE LEFT IT THERE UNATTENDED!" Not that I don't think Kimsemus wasn't deliberately antagonizing the Fishing crew, I'm 99.99999% certain he was breaking those rules where he felt he could get away with them and then claiming he wasn't and he'd have every reason to keep lying about it here if it's true. Guy was pissed at fish, who can blame him?

Not me, because that fish pact thing sounds loving boring.

I had this same conversation in irc and But I definitely did not run off with the guild "bank" or the castle mats so I don't know where you got that idea. I was merely making posts to clarify things as there is quite a bit of misinformation going around and people making a lot of assumptions so I figuredi I would provide some insight since people in this thread seemed to be in the dark. Huge goonfucking here.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Pubbie wanted to join GS. I reached out to him and told him about how recruiting works and offered to sponsor him.

He said he was going to look for better options.

Not even pubbies want to join GS these days.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I've got this weird sound problem maybe you guys could clue me in on: everytime i click this thread a loud sustained fart noise begins blaring out of my speakers, unplugging them/muting my sound doesn't seem to help. I don't understand.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Digital Fingers posted:

I've got this weird sound problem maybe you guys could clue me in on: everytime i click this thread a loud sustained fart noise begins blaring out of my speakers, unplugging them/muting my sound doesn't seem to help. I don't understand.

have you checked on the state of the goonion

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

sword_man.xmas posted:

have you checked on the state of the goonion

just checked goonion.ini and the text field was just a link to a pig making GBS threads on its own balls

deleted the file, fart noises have stopped. ty for the assist.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

i am tim! posted:

Would you have a different opinion if the people that left were also that ones that earned the stuff that had been collected?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

SumYungGui posted:

Would you have a different opinion if the people that left were also that ones that earned the stuff that had been collected?

Considering that I collected more than 15 stone packs worth of materials and have yet to receive them back from the individuals who took off, what the gently caress does that have to do with this situation?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

SumYungGui posted:

Why yes, I imagine I would have a different opinion on a different situation. Why do you ask?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

SumYungGui posted:

We both know that isn't true. The first 2000g was donated within the first 10 minutes of dodgy asking for it and the stone came from pubbies and miners. If you're talking about the scheme you set up to gear the guild it's also not true seeing as Munion isn't playing any more and I still see fishers like myself in Goon Squad.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SumYungGui posted:

:cripes:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SumYungGui posted:

If by "earned" you mean "suckered all of the new goons into giving it to them by saying 'opsec' a lot and floating the dream of a goon castle in front of them" then yes.

May I ask what your opinion of pyramid schemes is?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I am confused at why the guys that left the guild keep showing up and demonstrating why we are having much more fun with them out of the guild. It seems like the people who espoused the most bullshit about 'goonuism' turned out to be the biggest crybaby 'goonbertarians' imaginable.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Listen guys we might have taken off with your video game poo poo but I have a lot of reasons why we're the good guys here.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Let me open up my spreadsheet to show you.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I mean like poo poo I'm doing okay without that 300-400g but you're still kind of a dick for taking it, why is this something we gotta argue about?

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Widestancer posted:

Videogames, including Archeage, are fun with friends.

Playing MMOs with friends can be like renting an apartment: Weaker friendships with weirdos will dissolve into vicious yet petty fighting over fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Playing MMOs with friends can be like renting an apartment: Weaker friendships with weirdos will dissolve into vicious yet petty fighting over fish.

• Locked thread