Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I trained on astro pitches all the time at uni. Match days playing on grass we were poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

advanced statsman posted:

because you touch yourself at night

in other seep news, fifa showed crimea as part of russia in the presentation video of the 2018 world cup and then removed it and apologized

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/30/fifa-apologises-video-crimea-ukraine-world-cup

haha

Don't really see what the problem is. It's not like Ukraine is getting Crimea back.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The NY Daily News ran a big piece about Chuck Blazer this weekend, he's apparently been working with the FBI to secretly record conversations with FIFA officials, including Blatter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/soccer-rat-ex-u-s-soccer-exec-chuck-blazer-fbi-informant-article-1.1995761

Other tidbits from the article:

-He (or CONCACAF) rented a $6000/mo apartment in a Trump building for Blazer's cats
-He owns a fleet of motorized scooters because he's such a fat rear end
-CONCACAF bought him a Hummer H2 and paid $21k/yr to keep it parked in Manhattan

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The 2022 world cup could be held at either the start or end of the year to make sure it takes place in winter. FIFA haven't decided which is easier yet

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Theres an MP trying to get the Serious Fraud Office to investigate Blazer and the 2018/2022 bids because some of the recorded conversations took place in London during the Olympics.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Theres an MP trying to get the Serious Fraud Office to investigate Blazer and the 2018/2022 bids because some of the recorded conversations took place in London during the Olympics.

Blazer is, by most accounts, dying of cancer so I hope he just spills every bit of information he can.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Jose posted:

The 2022 world cup could be held at either the start or end of the year to make sure it takes place in winter. FIFA haven't decided which is easier yet

Sepp has gone back on promises with the IOC about the world cup clashing with the Olympics.

To flag just how loving corrupt world sport currently is, the 2022 Qatar World Cup is currently likely to clash with Kazakhstan Olympics (unless China beats them to the hosting rights)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I can't believe chuck blazer is still alive. I saw him on 2005 for the conmebol stadium inspections and he was not far off from being a bearded humpty-dumpty.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
A thing on Emirates not extending their sponsorship of Fifa

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-03/fifa-loses-emirates-as-sponsor-amid-world-cup-award-probe.html

quote:

Germany’s Spiegel reported this weekend that FIFA is in talks with Qatar Airways to replace Emirates. Qatar won rights to stage the 2022 World Cup in 2010, the same time Russia was chosen as 2018 host.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Buy a World Cup, get a sponsorship deal. FIFA offers good bargains.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Ive been on a really big Tim Roth kick lately and have been watching a lot of his movies.

Ive been desperately avoiding United Passions or whatever its called because I just know seeing Tim Roth play Seppy will make me hate him :[

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
How can you call yourself both a sa forums member and football fan without downloading that pile of shite film? It's actually quite well put together, well the first half hour or so is I couldn't make it any further than that

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Great new Marina Hyde follow up article on the NY Daily News Chuck Blazer thing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/05/chuck-blazer-fifa-fbi

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why does Sepp get a movie when really all film monies should go directly to Scorsese to make a movie about Chuck Blazer?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

excuse me lady posted:

Great new Marina Hyde follow up article on the NY Daily News Chuck Blazer thing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/05/chuck-blazer-fifa-fbi

Take down Sept, become new king of football :911:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

Take down Sept, become new king of football :911:
The visual of Chuck Blazer puttering his way over to Jogi Löw on a Rascal scooter to give him the World Cup trophy is pretty amusing.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 7, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Qatar are paying North Korea for a load of Koreans to help build the city for the world cup

Jose fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 7, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

Qatar are paying North Korea for a load of Koreans to help build the city for the world cup

FIFA taking a leading role in creating democracy. Inspiring stuff.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Jose posted:

lol

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

advanced statsman posted:

FIFA taking a leading role in creating democracy. Inspiring stuff.

United Passions 2: Passion Harder is shaping up to be a monster

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

And just when everyone thought it couldn't get more (horrifically) hilarious.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jose posted:

Those indentured servants are too expensive, so you just gotta go straight to the slave labor. Look at how well that worked for the tobacco industry in the United States.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Those indentured servants are too expensive, so you just gotta go straight to the slave labor. Look at how well that worked for the tobacco industry in the United States.
I'm sure my grandkids will love seeing Korean-Qataris catching touchdowns and throwing down dunks

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Jose posted:

lol this is insanely good

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
FIFA owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

FIFA owns North Koreans

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I thought the North Korean labor contingents were well known already?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

oldman posted:

I thought the North Korean labor contingents were well known already?

I've been indentured in Qatar a while and its news to me

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I mean in general middle eastern construction, not just special for the world cup. Maybe it hasn't made it to the English language media?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Chris de Sperg posted:

I'm sure my grandkids will love seeing Korean-Qataris catching touchdowns and throwing down dunks
Your 2058 NBA MVP: Hyun-Ming Al'Qatani

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Sepp Blatter Leak: 'Isis-Supporting Qatar Will Be Stripped of 2022 World Cup'

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Fifa apparently answered

quote:

“With regard to the story in Der Spiegel, FIFA wants to reiterate that the information provided by the sources‎ does not reflect what actually happened at the dinner in question, which was held during the FIFA President’s visit to Oslo in October.

“The claims made by the sources are unfounded. The 2022 FIFA World Cup will take place in Qatar.

“Among the subjects discussed that evening were in fact the Handshake for Peace project – a joint initiative between the Norwegian FA, the Nobel Peace Center and FIFA – and the impending Uefa Euro 2016 qualifying match between Norway and Bulgaria, at which FIFA President was present that evening as a guest of honour at the invitation of the Norwegian FA.

“The topics of Qatar and the 2022 World Cup were talked about very briefly. Dates were discussed as there are presently discussions taking place to determine when will be the best time to stage the tournament in that calendar year and the Emir, who had visited FIFA President Blatter only a few days earlier in Zurich, was mentioned.

“In this context, the FIFA President spoke of how, in the meeting in Zurich, he had congratulated the Emir on speaking clearly during the previous day’s state visit to Germany, where the Emir had met with Chancellor Angela Merkel.”

“In response to a journalist’s question as to whether Qatar was financing the Islamic State (IS) group, the Emir refuted the suggestion in no uncertain terms. FIFA President Blatter praised the Emir for that in Zurich and mentioned it in conversation at the table in Oslo,” FIFA added.

“In no way did the FIFA President associate Qatar with IS. The atmosphere at this dinner with the Executive Committee members of the Norwegian FA was pleasant, friendly and relaxed.”

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
What would it actually take for Qatar to lose the WC?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BlueBayou posted:

Fifa would have to be facing the imminent loss of a lot of money.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If there was any chance that Qatar was losing the world cup they wouldn't have just ditched UAE plane money for qatari plane money.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

ISIS successfully taking over control of Qatar

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Pretty sure if the death of literally thousands of slaves don't make FIFA bat an eyelid, a terrorist organisation would hardly make any difference. As long as they keep stuffing FIFA exec pockets full of gold they would be fine.

Heck, they could probably offer to let FIFA execs chop a few heads off, that sounds like it would be right down their street as long as they are allowed to make it into a ritual sacrifice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Maybe North Korea could host the World cup

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kurtofan posted:

Maybe North Korea could host the World cup

They're not rich enough it'd be an unironic possibility if they were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
FIFA would jump at the chance to host the final at the largest stadium in the world even if its previous uses include execution by burning