Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oil! posted:

I am confused at why the guys that left the guild keep showing up and demonstrating why we are having much more fun with them out of the guild. It seems like the people who espoused the most bullshit about 'goonuism' turned out to be the biggest crybaby 'goonbertarians' imaginable.

I see you've encountered the eve splinters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oil! posted:

I am confused at why the guys that left the guild keep showing up and demonstrating why we are having much more fun with them out of the guild. It seems like the people who espoused the most bullshit about 'goonuism' turned out to be the biggest crybaby 'goonbertarians' imaginable.

This is exactly the case. The goons that left have deluded themselves into thinking they are the good guys when its pretty obvious that they are the ones that screwed over the guild the most.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

Would you have a different opinion if the people that left were also that ones that earned the stuff that had been collected?

lol shut the gently caress up

most of the stone was donated by a pubbie who would make a lot better goon than 95% of actual goons so gently caress off out of here with your post

i really doubt that the people that ran off with the mats 'earned' all or even most of it

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 3, 2014

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
sumyunggui was an avid sct supporter fwiw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sword_man.xmas posted:

sumyunggui was an avid sct supporter fwiw

a thread or two ago he was very concerned with the line between threadshitting and trolling on a comedy message board

App13
Dec 31, 2011

quote:

If you see someone melting down hard the funniest thing you can do is to ask about how to change your sails or something because the people who asked about fishing in one of the last threads right in the middle of the giant goatse/beecock banme spam were adorable.

10/10.

Edit: taken from last part of OP. OP is good.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Widestancer posted:

And some people think I'm mean and only exist to stir poo poo up :( I actually enjoy video games a lot and if anyone here ever wants to play just add me on steam; usually some imps have some fun games going. Last night we played some L4D2 with a full crash bandicoot 2 mod (like, it's crash 2 in FPS mode) and some Town of Salem shenanigans happened like this:

Videogames, including Archeage, are fun with friends.

Is this part of the shadow council package or do I need to upgrade?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wtfmoses posted:

Is this part of the shadow council package or do I need to upgrade?

no friend! just respect gaming and add imp zone pals on steam, thats all!

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
This game blows, but at least this thread delivers constant entertainment.

Maybe auroria will squeeze out the last bit of drama from this flaccid, rung out dick.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Eonwe posted:

no friend! just respect gaming and add imp zone pals on steam, thats all!

I like l4d2 can I play with you guys?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Malakesh posted:

I like l4d2 can I play with you guys?

Anyone that wants to play with me can, just as long as they respect gaming

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm ready for tomorrow with thatched plans and 2 cottage plans. Holding out a bit of hope that I can place one or all of them. How is everyone getting up there tomorrow?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

All we need now is someone spamming the Trogdor song from the old flash cartoons over voice chat

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

ruffz posted:

I'm ready for tomorrow with thatched plans and 2 cottage plans. Holding out a bit of hope that I can place one or all of them. How is everyone getting up there tomorrow?

In Alpha, there were portals from Marianople (and I assume City of Towers?) to Calmlands in Auroria, but those only worked 1/4 of the time (6AM to Noon in-game time). Not sure if they'll bring those back, or force us all to have an exciting boat ride north!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ruffz posted:

I am getting up there by questing after work and not wasting time by trying to fight off land-grabbing hackers and poopsockers.

Get gold. Buy Thatched. Thug life.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Pierson posted:

Piracy sounds loving incredible and the game being free makes me tempted, but is stuff like that more like WoW where you can roll out and usually find something, or more like EVE and the smallest bit of fun requires hours of set-up, waiting, and luck?

Piracy leans more towards WoW than EVE in terms of ease of access, although it's not as spoonfed as say battlegrounds.

It's as Extra says; you do need a little knowledge, setup, and infrastructure.

Knowledge comes from knowing the routes and rhythm along them - when do people move from point A to point B, and where can you position yourself to expose yourself to the maximum number of targets. Setup comes from needing a decent sized fleet - I need a minimum of 10 people in my fleet, 4 to crew the junk safely and 6 to have 4 fighting marines on the tackle clipper. Finally, infrastructure comes from having some very expensive ships in pocket; people clamor "balista let's go pirate" because I'm one of the few people in the guild with BOTH a junk and a merchant ship. This makes me a VIP; the junk provides the radar that lets you find and catch targets, and the merchant ship lets you steal the contents of other merchant ships without having to bring 20+ people in the raid and thus water down the profits.

However, once you put all three together, you can have targets literally instantly. We'd teleport to a spot, glider into the ocean, and still be climbing onto the junk and clipper when I'd take a look at the radar and see a target is barrelling headlong towards us. Admittedly it isn't ALWAYS this easy - sometimes you have to go patrolling a wee bit - but generally if you can't find targets in some part of the ocean just stuff your ships back in your pockets and warp to somewhere else in the world, and you'll find something there.

always be closing posted:

Which class combination has the biggest spike damage? I want to one shot people on the high seas.

People will say "Darkrunner" or "Daggerspell". These are both very good classes, as described already, and I won't go into much more detail about them.

However, I'd like to bring your attention to a third oft-neglected class, "Shroudmaster", which is Shadowplay/Witchcraft/Occultism. The class initially appears to have basically zero dps combos between its trees, "oh god it sucks why would you ever play this class". What it does have is both Occultism and Witchcraft, and that's all it NEEDS to have to be the biggest rear end in a top hat on the open sea.

Let me break down the Shroudmaster's "rotation". You perch on top of your clipper's harpoon as it approaches the target. At 20 meters, you jump to clear the railing's LOS and then Shadowstep on board the enemy ship. Instantly you pop Banshee's Wail, which knocks everyone in a large radius around you completely out of the fight for 7 seconds with a combination of fear and stun. Some people will attempt to CC break out of this, so you instantly mash "Stillness", an AOE silence. Someone might be melee AND have a CC break against fear, so you might Purge out on someone who looks funny at you, shackling him (silence for physical abilities). Banshee's Wail is running out of time, but you still have a couple GCDs before it fully wears off, so you Bubble Trap some likely looking target to send him flying backward off the boat and Insidious Whisper another guy to send him running around in a panic as well. Maybe Focal Concussion a particularly persistent guy, I dunno.

By this time people will be coming out of their stuns, so you cast Hell Spikes to keep them stuck in place for another couple of seconds. Identify people who are right next to railings, and then Dahuta's Breath and Mana Force them to go full Leonidas mode and THIS IS SPARTA them into the water. By this time your own crew should be coming aboard and assisting you, so now you can use your Enervate/Earthen Grip combo to deal some damage and heal up, as well as Telekinesis the most dangerous looking motherfucker on their boat and laugh at him as he remains stuck floating in midair for an entire 12 seconds. No, he doesn't have a CC break for that big TK because he blew it already when you initially landed, only to get drowned in more CC.

Oh, and at this point your CDs are coming back. Go back to step 1 and Banshee's Wail anyone who hasn't been feared already to keep them out of the fight while your crew starts grinding up the people you first entangled.

As for defending a ship, Shroudmasters counter Banshee's Wail because they're one of the few classes who have the gall to pack Stillness in their toolkit, because apparently no one takes Occultism. When someone else leaps aboard your ship and hits Banshee's Wail to fear you, you pop Stillness while they're still on GCD to break your fear and silence them to end their own CC chain. Given that there are literally no CC breaks that handle Silence, you then have your own window of opportunity to deal with the cheeky oval office. I prefer Telekinesis to pin him in place while your crew recovers and then angrily rips him limb from limb, although literally anything else in your kit will suffice.

I highly recommend Shroudmaster to newbies because while Darkrunners and Daggerspells really need good weapons to do their "jobs", Shroudmaster can almost entirely be done naked without a weapon. Everything they do is based on their CC - you're merely 90% as effective in the nude than in the best gear in the game. Tough armor does help and a high damage weapon will give you a bigger heal on your Earthen Grip combo and somewhat more damage on your Hell Spikes and Dahuta's Breath, but it's not needed. If you can ninjawarp onto an enemy ship and pop Banshee's Wail and at least one other ability before you die, you've probably done more than you need to to help win the battle.

Extra posted:

The main problem I have with pirating packs vs fish is it's sort of hard to distribute profits. For fish you can make a tally of how much gold was secured total and then divide the gold up evenly among the pirate party right then and there. For trade packs it's often very indirect income because the profits come in 22 hours later. Probably the fairest way to do group piracy is by having a "pack master" who brings a lot of gold to distribute to the raid members at the end of the raid but turns in all the packs personally. This person might take a cut because of providing the money up front or just do it for the commerce exp. Alternatively the easiest way is just to try and keep track of who has delivered a pack and some people will inevitably get shafted and not get any packs in.

If anyone tells you to join a pirate raid but wants packs funneled to a specific person go tell them to get bent.

Meh. If you bring a small crew (<15 people) divying up profits ain't hard, especially if you simply ask people if they're willing to draw the short straw and not take a pack out of this run. Small groups are more casual and less people will try and screw over the group as a whole. People will remember that they've gotten booty on one turn-in and not cash-in the next.

Also, pack funneling is real once you explain that it's the only real way to get more junks/merchant ships in any decent time. Not all of us are super spergelords with both of them, and once everyone realizes that the fleet will end with these people leaving, they want to see more junks/merchant ships in the guild. The way I handled pack turn-ins, I'd just explain "if you want to donate your pack, just be still holding onto it by the time I pull a farm cart to the trader". A few people would turn theirs in, but a surprisingly high number would be holding them and eagerly shoving them into the cart. We'd then do gilda counts in raid and figure out who'd be closest to a big ship, and then funnel to them.

I mean if a piracy fleet launches with the intention of "give all packs to person X" yeah that's messed up, but there's nothing wrong with some good-intentioned gilda-comparisons and seeing who can get a big ship right NOW if they get packs funneled to them. That makes the op piracy for the sake of enabling more piracy, and most pirates will be okay will that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Taran posted:

In Alpha, there were portals from Marianople (and I assume City of Towers?) to Calmlands in Auroria, but those only worked 1/4 of the time (6AM to Noon in-game time). Not sure if they'll bring those back, or force us all to have an exciting boat ride north!

There is a world gate in seachild that claims to go to Auroria, but when I tried it it just dumped me at a nearby Nui shrine because that little blue guy is a liar. Maybe those will actually go where they say?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Chocolatebuddha posted:

This game blows, but at least this thread delivers constant entertainment.

Maybe auroria will squeeze out the last bit of drama from this flaccid, rung out dick.

The shadow council has a plan to go edging

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Angela Christine posted:

There is a world gate in seachild that claims to go to Auroria, but when I tried it it just dumped me at a nearby Nui shrine because that little blue guy is a liar. Maybe those will actually go where they say?

After the 1.2 patch, all of the Calmlands portals were replaced with the one you're talking about, which sends you to Diamond Shores -- I don't think that zone will be released tomorrow, so it's possible that they'll replace that portal with the old one. It would be so sad if that portal remains as a "vicious beast has stolen your pack, enjoy your trip to Nui shrine!" portal after the patch.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

If you load quickly you actually do get to the Auroria center island, it just immediately boots you back because it's off-limits.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

30.5 Days posted:

Considering that I collected more than 15 stone packs worth of materials and have yet to receive them back from the individuals who took off, what the gently caress does that have to do with this situation?

Sup stone bro? I donated 500 stone bricks too, split between SCT and Kiiz, I think? That isn't a huge gold value of course, but as a landless newbie mining was my main source of income, so it was a pretty big deal to me at the time and seemed like a "fair" amount to donate to the cause. Having that brushed aside as nothing because some other guys may have donated more (and then stolen it) is kind of a slap in the face. Rude.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FebrezeNinja posted:

If you load quickly you actually do get to the Auroria center island, it just immediately boots you back because it's off-limits.

That is amazing, heh. Why not just hide the world gates until Auroria is released?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People who voted this thread a 1 might be giant babies or the most stable people on earth

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Third World Reggin posted:

The shadow council has a plan to go edging

Yeehaw, I'm really hoping that we'll at least smash up Wicked or Valor or someone as much as possible tomorrow

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Taran posted:

I think riding north on a Cutter with goons would make for an interesting adventure, as long as we don't get slaughtered the second we make landfall in Auroria. I wish the information wasn't so spotty about nearly everything in this game. I haven't got a drat clue what to expect tomorrow other than I'll hope somebody claims one of the lodestones before US primetime so I can maybe get land outside of the area of influence.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tomorrow the north opens up, you are going to need to go via the water to get there, probably.

We need someone who wants to do an event up there, anyone can do it, just say you are leading it.

No one cares what event they just want to do something so wandering around, exploring, and killing a few people is just fine.

Time line of stuff
Castle do-ers are going to camp potential castle spots and the cave
They are going to mine the cave long enough to get a pack to move for a castle
you can intercept this pack for fun
once castle spot is claimed, houses can be built in the area, prepare for that

a lot of people are going to be up there so once again, we need someone (who doesn't need to have any experience or be good at this) to say "I will lead an event" and just point a direction for people to follow.

If you have never lead a group before and want pointers, there are several experienced leaders in the guild. Just ask in guild chat and we can run it down. There are several leading types as well, but generally say as little as needed to get the job done.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Widestancer posted:

People who voted this thread a 1 might be giant babies or the most stable people on earth

I had trouble deciding between a 1 or a 5. There were no other choices, imo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

App13 posted:

I had trouble deciding between a 1 or a 5. There were no other choices, imo.

Well you have people like Valeyard who go on their alts (vegeta in this case) and down vote every thread that imp zone might be remotely involved in so that's the big dumb baby section then the people like you who are the fun stable ones.

Gaming caters to all kinds. The land grab will be fun; please remember to get good screenshots, everyone involved!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Widestancer posted:

The land grab will be fun; please remember to get good screenshots, everyone involved!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

balistafreak posted:

shroudmaster stuff

This was a class I was strongly leaning towards just on theme alone so this is tremendously helpful, thanks!

In terms of actually getting a boat and just zooming around the ocean, how far into the game do I need to get, level-wise?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This is a good flag to use for the land grab:

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

This was a class I was strongly leaning towards just on theme alone so this is tremendously helpful, thanks!

In terms of actually getting a boat and just zooming around the ocean, how far into the game do I need to get, level-wise?

You CAN get a clipper with your gilda (read: rare currency) that you earn as early as level 12 if you cheese the story quests, more like level 25-30 if you actually play the game. Story quests will get you somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 gilda for basically free.

However, clippers are extremely cheap on the AH, and gilda is worth more and more the more you have stacked up. A Merchant Ship design, for example costs 400 gilda but generally goes for upwards of 3000 gold on the AH. Compare a Clipper design, which generally sells for between 30-40g. This is because designs that cost <50 gilda can be acquired through "gildarunning" an alt - cheesing an alt through the Elf story quest and vacuuming up 50 gilda within an hour.

Just play the game until you get enough gold to buy a clipper design off of the AH, or ask some goons for help on your gilda run to get your main his clipper.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
One of my guildmates tossed me about 300g worth of top end consumables for having over 1k faction kills. I'm going to be the goddamn terminator tomorrow, and I'm going to love it.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

This is pathetic. All the goons that abandoned the guild are trying to blame it all on Kimsemus when all Kimsemus did was a run a raid that ruffled some feathers. Compare this to leaving the guild, stealing supplies from it, and telling goons to gently caress themselves when they ask to get it back. You guys got pissed off at one person and instead of handling the situation in a reasonable way, stormed out of the guild in a huff.

But I should blame this all on Kimsemus and not the people that ran away. Ridiculous.

Nah, I think Kimsemus did everyone a favor. The officers that were there right before the splinter really had no idea what Dodgy & co's plan was. Everyone was left in the dark and I was brought in literally within a week of Auroria to see if we could throw something together. Kimsemus, Taters and Jerkjerk forced us to come to terms with the the fact that GS didn't have any viable plan for Auroria, some dealt with this better than others. I think everyone is better off and happier now, save for some squabbles over some materials, but that can get sorted.

If I hadn't been asked to try and help unify the guild, a fools errand I now realize, I would have left for Wicked before any of this fishing drama had even gone down.

Yeah it sucks that I put on the GG armor before I left, but once things settle down with Auroria, I will tank them for GS equal to the number of pieces I have (2 events, 4 bosses) and you can do with the pieces what you please.

I agree with Dahn that Balista is the type of leader Goons need. I told him that myself before most of this poo poo went down. I know he poo poo talked me after I left, but I don't really care, Goon Squad wasn't fun for me anymore and I wasn't going to feel bad about leaving.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

balistafreak posted:

You CAN get a clipper with your gilda (read: rare currency) that you earn as early as level 12 if you cheese the story quests, more like level 25-30 if you actually play the game. Story quests will get you somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 gilda for basically free.

However, clippers are extremely cheap on the AH, and gilda is worth more and more the more you have stacked up. A Merchant Ship design, for example costs 400 gilda but generally goes for upwards of 3000 gold on the AH. Compare a Clipper design, which generally sells for between 30-40g. This is because designs that cost <50 gilda can be acquired through "gildarunning" an alt - cheesing an alt through the Elf story quest and vacuuming up 50 gilda within an hour.

Just play the game until you get enough gold to buy a clipper design off of the AH, or ask some goons for help on your gilda run to get your main his clipper.

Yeah I'd definitely recommend getting your clipper design via the AH or by running the starter quest with an alt, I sold my merchant ship design for about 3500g last week. With more people getting merchant ships and more packs getting to freedich the value of gilda stars is probably going to drop, but people are gonna want submarines even if submarines are supposedly bad now

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

ragnoxiii posted:

Nah, I think Kimsemus did everyone a favor. The officers that were there right before the splinter really had no idea what Dodgy & co's plan was. Everyone was left in the dark and I was brought in literally within a week of Auroria to see if we could throw something together. Kimsemus, Taters and Jerkjerk forced us to come to terms with the the fact that GS didn't have any viable plan for Auroria, some dealt with this better than others. I think everyone is better off and happier now, save for some squabbles over some materials, but that can get sorted.

If I hadn't been asked to try and help unify the guild, a fools errand I now realize, I would have left for Wicked before any of this fishing drama had even gone down.

Yeah it sucks that I put on the GG armor before I left, but once things settle down with Auroria, I will tank them for GS equal to the number of pieces I have (2 events, 4 bosses) and you can do with the pieces what you please.

I agree with Dahn that Balista is the type of leader Goons need. I told him that myself before most of this poo poo went down. I know he poo poo talked me after I left, but I don't really care, Goon Squad wasn't fun for me anymore and I wasn't going to feel bad about leaving.

I trusted you, mang! I mailed you the armor thinking to myself, "Man, this is a rock-steady guy I can count on to not flip out."

And then you were in Hold My Pole, but that was okay, you were still with us on Freedich.

And then I saw you in Halcyona, and I saw the barrage-proc buff on you, and my heart sank, and your model finally loaded in amongst the zerg, and I wept, for my indomitable, reliable GG heal-target had run off with the spoils of our combined efforts.

BUT WE SHALL REBUILD

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So what's the over/under on # of hours before another splinter wanders in here and claims that they only walked off with their own stuff? Seems like it happens about once per day.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

balistafreak posted:

Piracy leans more towards WoW than EVE in terms of ease of access, although it's not as spoonfed as say battlegrounds.

It's as Extra says; you do need a little knowledge, setup, and infrastructure.

Knowledge comes from knowing the routes and rhythm along them - when do people move from point A to point B, and where can you position yourself to expose yourself to the maximum number of targets. Setup comes from needing a decent sized fleet - I need a minimum of 10 people in my fleet, 4 to crew the junk safely and 6 to have 4 fighting marines on the tackle clipper. Finally, infrastructure comes from having some very expensive ships in pocket; people clamor "balista let's go pirate" because I'm one of the few people in the guild with BOTH a junk and a merchant ship. This makes me a VIP; the junk provides the radar that lets you find and catch targets, and the merchant ship lets you steal the contents of other merchant ships without having to bring 20+ people in the raid and thus water down the profits.

However, once you put all three together, you can have targets literally instantly. We'd teleport to a spot, glider into the ocean, and still be climbing onto the junk and clipper when I'd take a look at the radar and see a target is barrelling headlong towards us. Admittedly it isn't ALWAYS this easy - sometimes you have to go patrolling a wee bit - but generally if you can't find targets in some part of the ocean just stuff your ships back in your pockets and warp to somewhere else in the world, and you'll find something there.

People will say "Darkrunner" or "Daggerspell". These are both very good classes, as described already, and I won't go into much more detail about them.

However, I'd like to bring your attention to a third oft-neglected class, "Shroudmaster", which is Shadowplay/Witchcraft/Occultism. The class initially appears to have basically zero dps combos between its trees, "oh god it sucks why would you ever play this class". What it does have is both Occultism and Witchcraft, and that's all it NEEDS to have to be the biggest rear end in a top hat on the open sea.

Let me break down the Shroudmaster's "rotation". You perch on top of your clipper's harpoon as it approaches the target. At 20 meters, you jump to clear the railing's LOS and then Shadowstep on board the enemy ship. Instantly you pop Banshee's Wail, which knocks everyone in a large radius around you completely out of the fight for 7 seconds with a combination of fear and stun. Some people will attempt to CC break out of this, so you instantly mash "Stillness", an AOE silence. Someone might be melee AND have a CC break against fear, so you might Purge out on someone who looks funny at you, shackling him (silence for physical abilities). Banshee's Wail is running out of time, but you still have a couple GCDs before it fully wears off, so you Bubble Trap some likely looking target to send him flying backward off the boat and Insidious Whisper another guy to send him running around in a panic as well. Maybe Focal Concussion a particularly persistent guy, I dunno.

By this time people will be coming out of their stuns, so you cast Hell Spikes to keep them stuck in place for another couple of seconds. Identify people who are right next to railings, and then Dahuta's Breath and Mana Force them to go full Leonidas mode and THIS IS SPARTA them into the water. By this time your own crew should be coming aboard and assisting you, so now you can use your Enervate/Earthen Grip combo to deal some damage and heal up, as well as Telekinesis the most dangerous looking motherfucker on their boat and laugh at him as he remains stuck floating in midair for an entire 12 seconds. No, he doesn't have a CC break for that big TK because he blew it already when you initially landed, only to get drowned in more CC.

Oh, and at this point your CDs are coming back. Go back to step 1 and Banshee's Wail anyone who hasn't been feared already to keep them out of the fight while your crew starts grinding up the people you first entangled.

As for defending a ship, Shroudmasters counter Banshee's Wail because they're one of the few classes who have the gall to pack Stillness in their toolkit, because apparently no one takes Occultism. When someone else leaps aboard your ship and hits Banshee's Wail to fear you, you pop Stillness while they're still on GCD to break your fear and silence them to end their own CC chain. Given that there are literally no CC breaks that handle Silence, you then have your own window of opportunity to deal with the cheeky oval office. I prefer Telekinesis to pin him in place while your crew recovers and then angrily rips him limb from limb, although literally anything else in your kit will suffice.

I highly recommend Shroudmaster to newbies because while Darkrunners and Daggerspells really need good weapons to do their "jobs", Shroudmaster can almost entirely be done naked without a weapon. Everything they do is based on their CC - you're merely 90% as effective in the nude than in the best gear in the game. Tough armor does help and a high damage weapon will give you a bigger heal on your Earthen Grip combo and somewhat more damage on your Hell Spikes and Dahuta's Breath, but it's not needed. If you can ninjawarp onto an enemy ship and pop Banshee's Wail and at least one other ability before you die, you've probably done more than you need to to help win the battle.

I liked going Tombcaller or whatever it's called, which just subs the shadowplay for songcraft. It let me infinitely CC people and that made it rad.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

30.5 Days posted:

So what's the over/under on # of hours before another splinter wanders in here and claims that they only walked off with their own stuff? Seems like it happens about once per day.

Well we splintered before the game came out but you can start giving us stuff so we can get in on that action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

balistafreak posted:

I trusted you, mang! I mailed you the armor thinking to myself, "Man, this is a rock-steady guy I can count on to not flip out."

And then you were in Hold My Pole, but that was okay, you were still with us on Freedich.

And then I saw you in Halcyona, and I saw the barrage-proc buff on you, and my heart sank, and your model finally loaded in amongst the zerg, and I wept, for my indomitable, reliable GG heal-target had run off with the spoils of our combined efforts.

BUT WE SHALL REBUILD

Sorry to disappoint. You're still cool in my book, but I just knew that unless things drastically changed before Auroria, I wouldn't be able to do any of the things that might make Auroria fun like Sieges. I tried and failed to be a catalyst for the change but I don't think any amount of effort could have made it happen.

Anyways, like I said, once Auroria calms down, get some Goons together and send me a tell. I will help you guys get the pieces back. Meanwhile, us in Wicked are having fun. Glad you guys are too.

• Locked thread