Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Just like in eve those who lose the least cry the loudest. Stole one pack from him.

Edit: I want to thank Bluntmastergoku of <Goon Squad> <Wicked> for the Kraken Tentacle gift. I made it into a trophy so I can remember our time together.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tanreall posted:

Just like in eve those who lose the least cry the loudest. Stole one pack from him.

We stole 2 full merchant ships today and didn't get this kind of hatred. Where did I go wrong? I'm jealous.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

How long with this thread last?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

dkj posted:

How long with this thread last?

You just finished it. GG.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I know goons have generally evolved not to read official forums, but the pubbies seem to be burning down the official forums over the glider normalizations - worth a look.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

angerbot posted:

I know goons have generally evolved not to read official forums, but the pubbies seem to be burning down the official forums over the glider normalizations - worth a look.

Wait so is the ultimate glider now immune to turbulence, etc, or is the kraken glider now much worse. I guess immune to turbulence could be a "special ability"

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Ugh they're adding T2 and T3 Hasla weapons.

Given that all I do is PVP and I dont have stupid amounts of money I'm losing my excitement for this. gently caress grinding another 500 tokens so I can kill more tryhards.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

apseudonym posted:

Ugh they're adding T2 and T3 Hasla weapons.

Given that all I do is PVP and I dont have stupid amounts of money I'm losing my excitement for this. gently caress grinding another 500 tokens so I can kill more tryhards.

Serpentis weapons are also Ephirium tier and regradeable I think.

The Hasla rift boss also drops 25 arctic earthstones.

ragnoxiii fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 4, 2014

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I spent 10.5 hours last night farming Hasla, got my 500 Loyalty tokens. Tonight I bought 100 Gilda Dust and I really hope that's enough. I also took tomorrow off and have 8 Red Bull and a bunch of snacks staged. Get on my level casuals. :smugdog:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

ragnoxiii posted:

Serpentis weapons are also Ephirium tier and regradeable.

But I dont know what happened to all the Dungeon Friends :(

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Charles Bukowski posted:

You just finished it. GG.

Archeage: five threads sleeping with the fishes.

Also I sold all the archeum I'd bought in the first two weeks at release. Now I have 1600g and don't know if I even want to bother thinking what to do with it :effort:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 4, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

apseudonym posted:

But I dont know what happened to all the Dungeon Friends :(

Dungeon Friends are all together still, we just wear a different tag now.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

ragnoxiii posted:

:smith: I'm still in goons

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think you mean ":D I'm still in GOONS!"

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Bukowski posted:

I think you mean ":D I'm still in GOONS!"

Im still in goons :reddit:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I spent 10.5 hours last night farming Hasla, got my 500 Loyalty tokens. Tonight I bought 100 Gilda Dust and I really hope that's enough. I also took tomorrow off and have 8 Red Bull and a bunch of snacks staged. Get on my level casuals. :smugdog:

Gilda dust is and will always be dirt cheap seeing how you can always just make an alt, do story quests for ten minutes and have a bunch of them right there.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm on a business trip until tomorrow afternoon or whenever my flight lands, but I plan on executing if possible the one part of the Auroria plan that is still viable -- that is trying to disrupt as much progress that other guilds are making on their castles as possible. Maybe on a fools hope even ninja a crystal. I plan on ignoring forestcrow but more or less burning the rest.

In other news -- still banned in the goon star citizen community because of the drama caused in archeage. If I stay banned it would suck, but I'm not sorry. Leading goons is thankless but something I enjoy. My loyalty has and always will remain with the PVPers and 90% of goons who are normal, well adjusted, not socially inept, and whom know and respect age of consent laws. The other 10% can burn -- just like their fishing pact. I've had a huge amount of fun in archeage with a lot of people so far -- for the goons that took the drama meta, good for you. I'm still going to keep sinking fishing boats.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Kimsemus posted:

I'm on a business trip until tomorrow afternoon or whenever my flight lands, but I plan on executing if possible the one part of the Auroria plan that is still viable -- that is trying to disrupt as much progress that other guilds are making on their castles as possible. Maybe on a fools hope even ninja a crystal. I plan on ignoring forestcrow but more or less burning the rest.

In other news -- still banned in the goon star citizen community because of the drama caused in archeage. If I stay banned it would suck, but I'm not sorry. Leading goons is thankless but something I enjoy. My loyalty has and always will remain with the PVPers and 90% of goons who are normal, well adjusted, not socially inept, and whom know and respect age of consent laws. The other 10% can burn -- just like their fishing pact. I've had a huge amount of fun in archeage with a lot of people so far -- for the goons that took the drama meta, good for you. I'm still going to keep sinking fishing boats.

Don't worry man, when Star Citizen flops, you can tell everyone you got out when the going was good.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So wait, does anyone have a screenshot of any of our glorious Ebola checkpoints? I forgot to take one and now I looked a few pages back, but got tired of bullshit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Reminder that dabigredboat got super angry about video game fishing and "took care of it" (his words) by going to get Kimsemus banned from a completely separate community.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

Reminder that dabigredboat got super angry about video game fishing and "took care of it" (his words) by going to get Kimsemus banned from a completely separate community.

reminder boat knew about bfm to the point where he was posting in the actual drama thread and between bursts of bfm faking emails i was calling boat fat and stupid(because he is the creature in my current avatar)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

aagoons is dead long live aagoons

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
We got one fishing boat a good 300ft of air time and a 33g fish off another tonight.

A good night.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Axel Serenity posted:

We got one fishing boat a good 300ft of air time and a 33g fish off another tonight.

A good night.

I didn't catch most of the night's piracy, but man was that sequence of fights with Wicked fun. Felt good to earn some crime points again.

Edit: There were super expensive gliders that the richers in the game could make? I'm glad they are normalizing them then, since I don't have one. Eat the rich!

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 4, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

reminder boat knew about bfm to the point where he was posting in the actual drama thread and between bursts of bfm faking emails i was calling boat fat and stupid(because he is the creature in my current avatar)

Does that fucker post in the Games thread still

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Normalization of gliders sounds like a really dumb idea. Not sure what the reasoning behind them is, but with the difficulty of getting some of the gliders, they should honestly have some kind of advantage over the 4g ones everyone else has.

Same applies to all the crafted costumes that lost their stats, but still have the same requirements to create.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Guild Wars 1 had equal stats among armor, people would spend weeks trying to get fancy armor just because it looked cool and gave them prestige

Equipment that said "I'm a huge nerd"

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Bait and Swatch posted:

I didn't catch most of the night's piracy, but man was that sequence of fights with Wicked fun. Felt good to earn some crime points again.

Yeah. I ended up with 12m of jailtime halfway through that last skirmish with Wicked, so I missed some of the fun, but it was one of the best nights of piracy in awhile. A few hauls was nice, but it was mostly just great fights with UDL and Wicked, and hilarious antics.

Standing sideways on the cabin wall of a fishing boat that was just launched like a mating whale into the air while our captain holds on for dear life will be a highlight of this game for me.

e: As I was clinging to the side, I didn't see how much airtime was actually had. I really hope someone got screenshots.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

Yeah. I ended up with 12m of jailtime halfway through that last skirmish with Wicked, so I missed some of the fun, but it was one of the best nights of piracy in awhile. A few hauls was nice, but it was mostly just great fights with UDL and Wicked, and hilarious antics.

Standing sideways on the cabin wall of a fishing boat that was just launched like a mating whale into the air while our captain holds on for dear life will be a highlight of this game for me.

e: As I was clinging to the side, I didn't see how much airtime was actually had. I really hope someone got screenshots.

Flew high enough that it was out of draw distance vertically for me.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
At only level 40 my pony inked sails carried death by goons. It was fun, even though we died in the end.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Wasn't DBRB also one of the first whistleblowers in this whole thing because of his knowledge?

Eonwe posted:

That seems to be in contrast to DBRB going on several pirating adventures but both could be true.

I'm not sticking up for DBRB I'm just trying to get the facts straight. I just pirated with him a few times and he seemed pretty chill but I'm not privvy to the intimate details as all I really pay attention to is the AA threads on SA.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Extra posted:

Wasn't DBRB also one of the first whistleblowers in this whole thing because of his knowledge?

That seems to be in contrast to DBRB going on several pirating adventures but both could be true.

I'm not sticking up for DBRB I'm just trying to get the facts straight. I just pirated with him a few times and he seemed pretty chill but I'm not privvy to the intimate details as all I really pay attention to is the AA threads on SA.

Yup, He did the right thing. Dude likes to pirate and have fun.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The only thing DBRB did was tell us that Deadtear was going to stir up BFM past to get him banned from SA and kicked from Goon Squad. If you want to thank anyone thank Deadtear.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Guild Wars 1 had equal stats among armor, people would spend weeks trying to get fancy armor just because it looked cool and gave them prestige

Equipment that said "I'm a huge nerd"

It's important to look good for your weekly screenshots with Arus

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

ragnoxiii posted:

Can I join you all?
Name is Harlox in game.
Who do I message?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Tanreall posted:

The only thing DBRB did was tell us that Deadtear was going to stir up BFM past to get him banned from SA and kicked from Goon Squad. If you want to thank anyone thank Deadtear.

Always blame deadtear. Always.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Extra posted:

No, you're thinking of the poster you are responding to.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

30.5 Days posted:

Wait wasn't the whole point of GSA that people in it DON'T get into goon squad? How did you gently caress up this very simple concept?

I called that poo poo day one. Stop talking about how some of the people you are scamming seem like really cool chums and might fit in with your buddies at the something awful dot com website.

If you scam someone to give you stone, then invite them to your guild and give the stone back, you're just basically recruiting pubbies, not scamming.

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK
I am in EyeBeat in game.

I just wanted to chime in and say the last few days I played with goonsquad has been awesome. A bunch of pirating and taking over boats with Balista a couple of nights ago. Last night we killed fishing boats with werkwerk and balista.

The drama that everyone keeps bringing up is over and not even being brought up on comms anymore.

I will admit I thought about leaving to join another guild because of the castle thing but I decided to stay based on the last week of having a "gently caress everything" attitude and killing other guilds. It really makes the game a lot more fun and exciting.

I can't tell you how many times we came across other guilds on sea and we couldn't do anything because we were allied. Now it is just KILL THEM. Really fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
So, there was a message from the GMs regarding downtime:

This game...

• Locked thread