Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

SeANMcBAY posted:

What did they say? I'm guessing they're still worried about Nintendo rejecting it so they won't confirm anything.

"WiiWho? Me-you? [this goes on for a few seconds] Would you want that? [pause] Well I guess nobody wants it, so no." It sounded real tongue-in-cheek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Kaethela posted:

Mewgenics apparently not canceled? New Meat Boy? Slow down Edmund, I can't handle this.

http://supermeatboy.com/158/Announcing_Super_Meat_Boy_Forever_/ Is what I think he means by the new meat boy, I still want to know what the hell Mewgenics is though.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Kaethela posted:

Mewgenics apparently not canceled? New Meat Boy? Slow down Edmund, I can't handle this.

Tommy (The other half of team meat) doesn't like working on Mew-Genics so they're putting it off for awhile, but he's said that it'll come out eventually on his streams. Super Meat Boy: Forever is a one button meat boy with some random generation in levels. They showed it on a stream awhile ago but I don't remember where.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Okay, that last caller wasn't bad.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Bandcamp just pinged me, the full soundtrack's been released and is available to download if you pre-ordered it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woo, got Platinum God the day before Rebirth launches.

I'm hyped up. This game's gonna rule.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I technically have Platinum God, the game just doesn't seem to recognize it.

Funny enough, even though I KNOW I've gotten it before, the only item the game says I'm missing is the Forget Me Now. I consider it a victory and will gladly take the metaphor to dive into Rebirth tomorrow.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Horsemen now generate balls of bandages instead of balls of meat. Not sure how I feel about this.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Horsemen now generate balls of bandages instead of balls of meat. Not sure how I feel about this.

It just means bandage girl instead of meatboy

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Ok, it is story time! Here's my series of failures on the road to Platinum God.

A few months ago, I decided to reset my save file in order to get the right sort of practise for the start of Rebirth. Bit of a silly mistake as it made it harder for me to judge which achievements I had actually unlocked. Up to the last month, I had managed to get most of everything, except the no-damage achievements and a few others.

Huge amounts of practise later, and I started to knock off the no-damage achievements, so I figured, maybe I can finally do this Platinum God thing, so I persevered. I hadn't unlocked half of the character trinkets so I took the time out for that, the last one for me being Judas' Tongue. But I couldn't find the thing, tried several Fortune Teller Machines to no avail, checked my save file (but didn't edit) to see if I was missing anything or it was broken, turns out it was fine.

Until yesterday, when the thing finally dropped. I figure ok, I've done it, Platinum God is mine. But it wasn't, I had missed something. So I checked carefully, turns out the Blood Rights item hadn't been collected. Another grind with Isaac, and the razor finally turned up for me. "That must be it now", I foolishly thought.

It turns out, after going through the game multiple times, doing everything I could possibly think of, I'd missed one of the more obvious achievements - The Halo. If you're not aware, you get that by using The Bible to beat Mom or Mom's Heart/It Lives. The disturbing thing is I've had a few runs where the item itself has turned up, but I obviously didn't do the achievement itself.

Platinum God, always seemingly out of reach. Kudos to people who get it, it is far from easy. I shouldn't have much problem doing The Halo now, a few runs with Isaac's d6 and picking up The Rosary should get it. Despite this frustration, I think I'll still do all the achievements in Rebirth, but the rush to get Flash Isaac done beforehand has caused some crazy situations for me. I am sure I'm not the only one.

EDIT:

Finally done, and with little time to spare before Rebirth :) The cycle begins again!!

Toothache fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 4, 2014

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hooooly poo poo this soundtrack. :circlefap:

Edit: I just got to the Womb track. :barf:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 4, 2014

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I completed the game with every character, got no-damage achievements, finished all of the challenges, found I AM ERROR room and fought Ultra Pride many times over, and the very last item I got, the one I needed to complete the collection, was My loving Reflection. An item that is unlocked from the beginning. Somehow it eluded me for 200+ hours.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I almost forgot to preorder, but I fixed that and the next 8.5 hours are going to be a rough wait.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
This is probably the most excited I've been for a video game in years.

4 more hours.

God the game looks so drat good...those huge rooms, the smooth framerate, so many secrets and items and combos and enemies and urrghhhhh I can't wait.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Bisnap isn't steaming for another hour, but he's already around and the chat is getting pretty busy.
http://www.twitch.tv/bisnap

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
So 1pm est is the eta?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cheekio posted:

So 1pm est is the eta?

Should be around there yeah

Northernlion going live in about 10 minutes, GET HYPE
http://www.twitch.tv/Northernlion

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What about vita!? I need my fix on my lunch break!

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

What about vita!? I need my fix on my lunch break!

PSN plus updates are usually late afternoon, at least they have been everytime I can recall. I'm not sure if there is a fixed time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Dangit, I've got a three hour drive this afternoon and want to have Isaac there with me. Here's to hoping.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know whether to stick around for spoilers or avoid them for the next 3 hours. I'd like stuff to be a surprise but then again, knowing things ahead of time would help...

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

I don't know whether to stick around for spoilers or avoid them for the next 3 hours. I'd like stuff to be a surprise but then again, knowing things ahead of time would help...

Streaming has allowed everyone the chance to be a little sibling waiting for their turn watching someone else who won't be sharing.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

HGH posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of torn on this too. One the one hand, my enjoyment of the original went up considerably after I'd watched a bunch of YouTube / Twitch videos and actually understood what all of the items did. On the other, you only get to enjoy the process of discovery once...

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Cobalt starting Rebirth Early Access.

http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
These arbitrary deadlines are dog poo poo. :mad:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Motherfucker posted:

These arbitrary deadlines are dog poo poo. :mad:

What deadlines?

The time of day Steam always updates with new games?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I should stop watching Northernlion's stream to avoid spoilers. But. I. Can't. help

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is the Thin Mushroom skippable? Much higher rate of fire at the cost of a little bit of damage. Seems good to me.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

There's an item that lets you shoot Death's scythes :vince:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Met posted:

What deadlines?

Yes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

NoUU posted:

There's an item that lets you shoot Death's scythes :vince:

Now imagine that with Brimstone.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Met posted:

What deadlines?

I think what he is saying is that they could have just unlocked it at midnight, which Steam has occasionally done in the past.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The Bee posted:

Now imagine that with Brimstone.

The question is would it shoot a beam of scythes? A scythe of beams? A scythe WITH beams??

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vakal posted:

Cobalt starting Rebirth Early Access.

http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

Man it looks good :stare:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
One thing I miss back in the old days before digital distribution was being able to convince the guy working in a game store to let you have a game before street date, since they already had the game just sitting there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CoD ending up being incredibly good + free TBoI:R in a few hours, this weeeeek :aaaaa:

It's pretty surreal that I'll get to play this on a console finally. The original is the only game I actually forced myself to play on a PC for and I was obsessed right from the first death. I'm going to melt into my recliner today. Hell yes.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

CoD ending up being incredibly good + free TBoI:R in a few hours, this weeeeek :aaaaa:

It's pretty surreal that I'll get to play this on a console finally. The original is the only game I actually forced myself to play on a PC for and I was obsessed right from the first death. I'm going to melt into my recliner today. Hell yes.

Yeah, I bought the PC version just to support the creators, but I'll probably only ever play it on the Vita as long as there's no crippling slowdown issues.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Welp 5 hours and cobalt is breaking the game again

Spoiler link for the curious
http://postimg.org/image/5elyeioqf/

Vise the Stompy fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 4, 2014

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Bisnap made an enemy invincible and then crashed the game after Satan fight (might be Ankh), and with what Cobalt did the game seems pretty buggy.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Breaking the game is a feature!

I just hope that hard difficulty is hard enough to necessitate crazy bullshit like screen sized tears.