Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

This whole tour has really made me dread the Let's Bring Up Random Fans part of the show.

Yeah, I dread fans going on the stage. I miss Kumail and Jeff; random fans can be amusing for a while at best and incredibly annoying at worst.

Also, I would love it if Levar actually officiates their wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Brekelefuw posted:

The Austin D&D was surprisingly good. They actually seemed to get somewhere and the audience member wasn't just trying to do something stupid like cut off a penis.
I seriously can't wait for Jeff to come back only to find Quark dickless, though.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

caligulamprey posted:

I seriously can't wait for Jeff to come back only to find Quark dickless, though.

Dickless AND sans all items but a stick (but it turns into a sword!)

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Man I didn't know they were coming to Houston.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Austin gets LeVar Burton.
Houston gets Erin McGathy.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Irish Joe posted:

Austin gets LeVar Burton.
Houston gets Erin McGathy.

Yeah but Houston also got the debut of the new Game Corner theme.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Houston episode was miles better than the Austin episode. Comptroller you like does not necessarily equal a good comptroller.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Berzerker posted:

The Houston episode was miles better than the Austin episode. Comptroller you like does not necessarily equal a good comptroller.

Austin had a great D&D segment, mushroom girl and Dan making fun of Shaka-khan. Houston's only bright spot was Dan walking the audience before D&D.

Neither show is going to wind up in the top 10 (Dan desperately needs a good comptroller to keep Erin and Spencer in check), but I'd definitely relisten to Austin long before I'd listen to Houston again.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

A live stream from the Chicago show just started.

Dino is the Comptroller.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Weembles posted:

A live stream from the Chicago show just started.

Dino is the Comptroller.

Thanks for the heads up!

Says that it started at 10pm EST but definitely sounds like its the beginning. Were they streaming at 10?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

KoRMaK posted:

Thanks for the heads up!

Says that it started at 10pm EST but definitely sounds like its the beginning. Were they streaming at 10?

nah they had took a while setting up the mic's it only started at like 10:30 or so.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Just got back from the Chicago show. Being there it's hard to judge it objectively, but it seemed absolutely amazing, despite one pretty awful audience member and Dino's "ironic" racism.

The huge deal about the show is that the Music Box had a guy playing organ before the showing of the documentary, and Dan paid him to stay through and accompany the show with mood music, which saved a lot of the lackluster moments and created some amazing bits in its own right.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Why is last night's LA episode up before Chicago?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Brocktoon posted:

Last Sunday not yesterday

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Brocktoon posted:

Probably editing out Dino's casual racism

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Spencer was on the most recent episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

A while back Spencer was a guest on a d&d podcast I think. Anybody know which podcast that was?

Also whatever happened to Harmontown's d&d podcast that they were going to have animated?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

tnimark posted:

Spencer was on the most recent episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Yay, more Celebrity Spencer to poo poo up the podcast with his dull stories, bewildering "jokes" and half-witted political and philosophical opinions.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Yay, more Celebrity Spencer to poo poo up the podcast with his dull stories, bewildering "jokes" and half-witted political and philosophical opinions.

Look how wrong this person is...

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
If we're just gonna share our opinions of persons on the podcast in general then let me say that I like Spencer and his words that he says in order.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I dunno...lately Spencer has been grating on me. I think he's hilarious in D&D, or when he's busting Dan's balls about something, but when he comes to the stage and immediately starts into a bit that's him yelling about something and look how stoned I am, gently caress it, I'm done.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

EnsGDT posted:

I dunno...lately Spencer has been grating on me. I think he's hilarious in D&D, or when he's busting Dan's balls about something, but when he comes to the stage and immediately starts into a bit that's him yelling about something and look how stoned I am, gently caress it, I'm done.
RIP spencer

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

EnsGDT posted:

It's almost like his initial introversion has given way to the egotism of a "star in the making"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He is Dan Harmon's protégée.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Inkspot posted:

He is Dan Harmon's protégée.

This is an excellent point. Truly the student has become the douchebag.

This is the frustrating thing. Harmon isn't just a blowhard. He's the first guy on stage to feel badly if someone from the audience is being made to feel mocked. He's the kid that got picked on mercilessly that had to grow a thick skin over his gooey emotional inside bits. Coming on stage and being outraged alone isn't being Dan Harmon. That's Dino. Coming on stage and baring what you feel is Dan Harmon. Even if he's a total baby about it sometimes. That's why guys like Kumail and Jeff are the perfect balancing act to him.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You guys bitch about the dumbest things sometimes.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

SHUT UP DAD

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TontoCorazon posted:

You guys bitch about the dumbest things sometimes.

You mean like green apples and the lack of pencils on airplanes?

I get that Spencer's young and doesn't have Jeff or Dan's comedy background, but every one of his 'funny observations' usually stems from his own general ineptitude, which makes his indignation more obnoxious than funny. Don't like green apples? Don't buy a green apple. Don't have a pencil? Ask one of the other 200 passengers on the plane if you could borrow theirs. Generally, if a situation can be resolved by basic human interaction or common sense that you inexplicitly avoided, it doesn't make for a compelling narrative.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I liked this episode and thought Joel McHale was very funny on it. I also didn't hate Duncan for like the first time ever

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

EnsGDT posted:

This is an excellent point. Truly the student has become the douchebag.

This is the frustrating thing. Harmon isn't just a blowhard. He's the first guy on stage to feel badly if someone from the audience is being made to feel mocked. He's the kid that got picked on mercilessly that had to grow a thick skin over his gooey emotional inside bits. Coming on stage and being outraged alone isn't being Dan Harmon. That's Dino. Coming on stage and baring what you feel is Dan Harmon. Even if he's a total baby about it sometimes. That's why guys like Kumail and Jeff are the perfect balancing act to him.
Agreed. Jeff is the best because he is like Bateman from American Psycho to balance out Dan's touchy feely-ness.

And Dan's touchy-feely-ness is a very certain brand. It's not just complaining, its complaining with style.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Joel McHale is amazing and I love that he is pretty much Jeff Winger with a less dignified job (or more dignified? Having a show on E! is as bad as teaching in a Community College?). He is the typical douchey guy that I would hate, but he is so likable in his doucheyness. I wish he would guest on more podcasts.

Also, I like Spencer on random roles, like in B99. He is not a good actor, but it was such a small part that it works.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Spencer has made me laugh in the past, but he can't carry a prolonged period on stage outside of DnD. Fun to see him on B99 though.

His imaginary fight with coyotes was funny.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

The Berzerker posted:

I liked this episode and thought Joel McHale was very funny on it. I also didn't hate Duncan for like the first time ever

Agreed. I think Joel McHale balanced him out, he (Joel) is a good substitute for Jeff.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Whoa, Duncan Trussel is not the fat guy I thought he was.

Who the hell am I thinking of?

e: He's been funny and in movies. Sounds like Trussel I guess.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 5, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Duncan's raspy voice reminds me of TJ Miller's voice kinda, is that who you're thinking of?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

Duncan's raspy voice reminds me of TJ Miller's voice kinda, is that who you're thinking of?
Nahhhhhhh. Fatter than that. It is killing me, I can almost see him and maybe tie him to a movie.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Brian Doyle-Murray

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jorge Garcia

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Josh Gadd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

Josh Gadd?
Yessssss! Wow, he was on the daily show and a bunch of stuff.

I attached Duncan trussel's voice to josh gadd's body.