Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The game just isnt the same without music by danny really. What a letdown in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
first game I play I become guppy and get a chocolate milk type item but instead of a huge charged shot it would spit out more tears rapid fire the longer charged. nice way to tease me isaac....

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh man, the Isaac subreddit is a stream of "It's 12:01 why isn't the game out yet?!" threads. Good stuff.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just beat it on the first go. Got a fat fly that helped a lot. First two shops I went in had greed and then Super Greed in them.

Pretty good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chocolate Milk + Orbiting Planet is a quick way to start hating your life. Still got the Mom kill on my first run but yikes, the amount of dancing I had to do to hit enemies with that combo.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Seeing all these awesome posts when the European PSN is more likely to update on Thursday will make me go cry to sleep listening to the old OST.

E: I'm gonna buy the game on Steam I think, gently caress waiting. Should've preordered.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 4, 2014

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
Found a donation machine in the shop. Donated some coins and unlocked a shop upgrade level 1.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Had an excellent start, got killed by a new big room boss in the depths 2 the Haunt (maybe x2? there were two of them), he was a pain in the rear end despite the amazing familiar, piercing shots and chocolate milk.

edit : unlocked Samson (and the no hit achievement), and Cain on this run so whatever

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So are the black rooms full of skulls with a single spike tile in the center meant to do anything?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I listened to the entire soundtrack last night, and I actually prefer it to the original.

I have a Razer keyboard so hopefully the lockup bug won't affect me. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work for the next nine hours. :shepicide:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Found a rainbow poop. Shooting it healed me and did a :gay:~~ sound effect.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So are the black rooms full of skulls with a single spike tile in the center meant to do anything?

If you hurt yourself on the spikes enough times some kind of gift appears. Usually not worth it in the original game but who knows now.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the PSN release, but those sound like the sacrifice rooms from WotL, where you can damage yourself on the spiky tile and sometimes it will spawn a chest.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Picked up Dead Bird and Whore of Babylon; was literally Eve; then died with the Ankh.

Perma-Babylon'd, and I have so many fire rate up things I'm a literal machinegun of tears. :getin:

I haven't found a single spacebar item. :smith:

Game owns.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
So the new darkness challenge...

You can't see your health and it's actually dark

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
This is the most beautiful ugly game I have seen in a while. Watery cave is rad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does getting the Dead Cat remove all the soul hearts you currently have?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Beat Mom's foot on first run :getin:

I was hesitant to pick up Number 1 (naturally), but holy poo poo it turbocharged my Brimstone. This owns.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Had to give up on my first run. Picked up some item that kept teleporting me out of the current room if I got hit...really annoying (in before "get good" posts)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
After a reboot, game just crashes on startup.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is literally unplayable, and I urge anyone thinking of buying it to hold off until this poo poo is patched.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Azazel is :stare:

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

Anyone else playing this on a Mac? My screen goes black every time one of the boss characters lands after a jump... I assume there's supposed to be some sort of earthquake effect that isn't working.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Do not pick up ring worm.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Flergatron 3000 posted:

Found a donation machine in the shop. Donated some coins and unlocked a shop upgrade level 1.

I donated so much it broke. I think the shop upgrades persist between runs if I recall correctly, right? Not sure what an upgraded shop looks like but I guess I will find out soon enough.

Also beat Mom on my third run; Cricket's Body is awesome, the leech is awesome and the game as a whole is great.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

Anyone else playing this on a Mac? My screen goes black every time one of the boss characters lands after a jump... I assume there's supposed to be some sort of earthquake effect that isn't working.

I am having this same thing on my Mac, was wondering if that was supposed to happen or not.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

Do not pick up ring worm.

Care to elaborate?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

First Mom kill! Unlocked Maggey, Eve and Sampson on my first run. Sampson's so much better now. Blood Lust seems to last the entire floor and he has three hearts now, so he's actually worth playing. Much happier with the changes to him, I think.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I found a giant rear end die symbol room that gave me shitload of free items, just by unlocking three locks on it.

Like run 2 and I kill mom with Guppy Mode, Monstro's Lung, with homing, flaming, exploding, piercing tears and an endless steam of flies. :stare:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 4, 2014

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What the hell does rainbow poop do? I shot it up and it covered my screen with a rainbow for a moment, but didn't drop anything. :confused:

And while I'm asking dumb questions, do the pots that sometimes show up instead of rocks ever contain anything, or are they just there for variety's sake?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bloody Pom posted:

Care to elaborate?

It causes your tears to arc in a loop, really difficult to hit with unless you have lasers.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The game will literally not start.

The GREAT news is that a LOT of people are having this issue, it's dominating the Steam forums right now. Also Nicalis tweeted that people experiencing bugs should mail them.

This is a good thing, the "the game won't start" bug will be fixed first because there's so many people experiencing it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:negative:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Only played ~25 hours of the original way back when but also "beat" the game on the first try with daddy's long leg stomping on everything. Also got 99 bombs which was pretty great.

Can someone remind me of the hidden room logic, assuming it hasn't changed? The super secret one was in a place that isn't adjacent to more than one room, right? What about the normal one?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
got soy milk, chocolate milk, pentagram and crown of thorns. a steady, fast stream, of damaging shots. i think chocolate milk doesnt have any effect if you already use soy milk

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

KingShiro posted:

Had to give up on my first run. Picked up some item that kept teleporting me out of the current room if I got hit...really annoying (in before "get good" posts)

Dude I got this item too and it made me so mad.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully Steam Support will be in one of their good moods...I really don't want to have to wait 6 days for a refund.

Seriously, I cannot believe that Rebirth manages to be even more shoddily coded than the original. I could at least PLAY that one.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Only played ~25 hours of the original way back when but also "beat" the game on the first try with daddy's long leg stomping on everything. Also got 99 bombs which was pretty great.

Can someone remind me of the hidden room logic, assuming it hasn't changed? The super secret one was in a place that isn't adjacent to more than one room, right? What about the normal one?

It's actually pretty complicated. Found this google doc from the original thread, but who knows what it's like in this one.

The Computer Savvy challenge is fun as hell.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
343P 9PSV

How To Jump is a *ridiculously* fun spacebar item.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

jivjov posted:

Hopefully Steam Support will be in one of their good moods...I really don't want to have to wait 6 days for a refund.

Seriously, I cannot believe that Rebirth manages to be even more shoddily coded than the original. I could at least PLAY that one.

Hmm yes a game that doesn't run under some circumstances, an uncommon but certainly not unheard problem for first time releases, is more buggy than a lovely loving flash game riddled with bugs and holes

EDIT: I will grant you that the Logitech keyboard thing is really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ah and even better, turns out I have one of those Logitech G110s. That's one of those things I wish they would have disclosed before release "Hey, we're having issues with this keyboard working at all, if you use one, don't try to play our game til we patch it"