Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Fossilized Poop makes poop almost always drop an item, it's pretty great.

Unless I significantly misunderstood things, Petrified Poop meanwhile doesn't do anything and is stuck in your trinket slot.

In my first run I got Basement Boy, and Lazarus, and I also got a three chest devil room, one of which held guppy's paw. Also in that game they gave me an item called "infestation 2" that looked like the quad shot only light brown. What it does is when an enemy is killed with your tears, they turn into a blue attack spider that follows you around.

My second game I got Polyphemus, the x-ray pill, and a telepill that took me to the I Am Error room which had The Pact sitting right there.

Has anyone else noticed that there's some sort of dazed or confused type status shot as well as the poison ones? Like I think The Rock can cause it. little * type shapes dance over the enemy's head, they turn gray, and their pathing becomes all messed up temporarily.

Also, I saw something weird I wasn't able to play with at one point because I was out of bombs. A walled off door with cracks in it. The map put a shop symbol on that room.

Finally, does anyone know what you do in the rooms where it looks like a big lake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CJacobs posted:

What does the paper in the top left of the character select screen mean?

For one of my characters it's this, but for everyone else it's blank.

Have you beaten Mom/Sheol with that character?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's meant to track your progress with your character. I've no idea what that particular symbol means but I'm guessing you've beaten an endboss with them?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DeathSandwich posted:

Have you beaten Mom/Sheol with that character?

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's meant to track your progress with your character. I've no idea what that particular symbol means but I'm guessing you've beaten an endboss with them?

No. It's the character that the crazy insane boss rush happened to but other than that nothing noteworthy happened and I didn't win.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
What's the item that makes you teleport when you take damage so I can never pick it up again? I got to Satan but having that made it so had to start again if I got hit which completely sapped my willpower.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jivjov posted:

If you pop your head into the old BoI thread, someone else just posted that they can't get Rebirth to load either. So despite your assertion, this issue is not unique to me.

apologies.

2 people.

two.

out of thousands.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

:toot:
(I had an eden run that started with book of shadows, and got piercing shots)

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Lil' Haunt is my favourite attack buddy. Ruins so many dudes.

Also, this game is smooooth now, love it. And the pixelart is pretty good.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I think Spelunker boy is bugged too. I thought I may have done Basement boy with out getting hit but not The Caves.

I got an item from Satan that gives Fear tears. They are great.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Platinum God on the original, downloading Rebirth right now :woop:

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
So if I play the game using my keyboard it causes the thing to go unresponsive till I plug it back in and the PS4 controller keeps going wonky every minute and pausing the game. Guess I'll have to find where the hell my 360 controller is.

This is still really loving good despite the bugs, 2nd run started off with Polyphemous, Poison, and Homing. Just me or does the base damage seem way higher overall? It doesn't feel like quite as much of a slog if you're stuck with no damage.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
There is some kinda nonsense going on in Ognos's stream over on twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/ognos
He had an Eve run where he picked up a knife and then went into one of those item reshuffle super secret rooms. He know has these semi homing fire shots that just go everywhere.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

What does the paper in the top left of the character select screen mean?

For one of my characters it's this, but for everyone else it's blank.

Have you beaten the game with that character? I think that's what it tracks.

e: Didn't realize there was a new page.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not going to read this thread anymore because of ~*~spoilers~*~ but holy poo poo this game is so good. They really did improve everything!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Anyone else having a glitch where if you are shooting when you move into another room, your character just wont stop moving in that direction. Keeps making my keyboard not work :/

Also made me lose an awesome run where I was 1 shotting everything in Depths. But I had just gotten that Item that makes your Tears orbit which really sucks.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm probably an idiot, but what are the default keyboard controls? It took me way too long to figure out the bombs were from E now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Seriously though, I don't know if it was in the original but Cut and Run is pretty ridiculous. So far it has soloed every boss without me having to do anything.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I didn't preorder the game because I'm in the middle of doing exams. What did the preorder bonus end up being?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Want to get full soul hearts really really easily? If you come across a room full of hearts with the dark beggar he will pick up all the hearts. At this point he will intend to drop you a soul heart, but I guess the game forces him to spawn a regular heart. Which he will pick up. And then drop another. And then pick up. Until you get bored. Walk out of that room and he kept trying to give me hearts until I had one more than I could pick up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

David Copperfield posted:

I didn't preorder the game because I'm in the middle of doing exams. What did the preorder bonus end up being?

There is no preorder bonus. You got 33% off the price (15 dollars down to 10-ish) if you own the original game.

edit: Oh, and a TF2 hat I guess according to the blog? I didn't know that.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
I unintentionally got dark boy on my very first attempt (as Isaac even). The new way brimstone works is nuttally powerful.

Eventually the wikis and such will be up, but boy do I wish the items were a little less cryptic in their descriptions. Like have an in game encyclopedia that you can't look at while in a game and only shows items you've picked up. That'd be great. With so many items it's a bit hard to keep track of em all.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Beat the curse of darkness first try but holy poo poo, my eyes hurt. :gonk:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I just got mom's knife and it feels like it's even stronger than before and charges faster with just baseline Judas stats. Boss arenas seem worthless now though, still requires you to be down to 1 red heart but seem to have the same chests as normal arenas.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 4, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tear-charging items seem bugged to me. I just got Brimstone and it was doing the same thing another charge-shot thing did earlier where it keeps resetting itself as if I had let go of the arrow key but I didn't. Only being able to shoot 1/5th of the time makes it extremely frustrating.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

God drat those reroll everything rooms are amazing. I went from a mediocre "hide while lil haunter does all the work" to this just by walking in:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Huh, just got a Tears Down pill as Cain. Guess I can't blame them for nerfing that part of Luck Foot.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Yeah so the achievements are definitely bugged:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just fought a new boss in Utero 1 and dear lord if I didn't have 10 hearts I don't know what I would've done, I just tanked through it.

Name's Mama Gurdy. It's a giant head+hands that floats along the top border of the screen. It's main move oddly enough seemed to be turning 80% of the floor into spikes for a second or two. It also shut random bullet barf and a more orderly, 5 lined stream of bullets.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Kanfy posted:

Seriously though, I don't know if it was in the original but Cut and Run is pretty ridiculous. So far it has soloed every boss without me having to do anything.

Unless they renamed something, that's new.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How do you get out of the center of four gravity wells?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

How do you use items on the Vita version? The game doesn't tell you any of the controls that I've seen and I'm sitting on a pill and two cards.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
I went into one of the double key rooms and stood on something and it flashed. Now by brimstone familiar turned into a laser familiar, and my tears are these white circle things. And I think it gave me PHD? And I have a spider and some other monster following me around. So confused.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
holy poo poo daddy long legs is OP as gently caress, never got it in oldgame

Also, I got polyphemus in my first treasure room, loving steamrolled my first game

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Wow, first run with Azazel: Found Technology in the first treasure room, later Brimstone, then Orbiting Planet. Incredible. And got the door to Satan, who didn't last 20 seconds.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah.. Totally supposed to be over there.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Is the remake supposed to be harder? I was just getting the hang of Binding Of Isaac before Rebirth was released and now I feel like a bad player again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Apparently pills aren't mapped by default on the Vita. :rolleyes: You also can't get into the controls from the options unless you're in the main menu. That's dumb as hell, but the game is otherwise fun.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Power of Pecota posted:

Unless they renamed something, that's new.

Either way it's pretty absurd. I found it on the first floor and it practically solo-killed every boss including Mom's heart in less than 20 seconds with no input from me aside from dodging. The separated body just runs to the boss and sticks to them until they die while you float around as the head. There's no time limit to it either as far as I can tell.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Anyone know what mysterious candy does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
For some reason none of my progress is being saved.

No mom kills counted. Womb unlocked three times. Items in library not updated. Challenges and unlocked characters and items not actually unlocked when I start a new game...

Any idea what might be causing this? :negative: