Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Widestancer posted:

If you respect and enjoy playing video games (and other games, we even have sports and board game threads) just post in Imp Zone and have fun.

:cheers:

Thanks, Widestancer!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bathroomrage posted:

Lots of people don't seem to realize that the reason goons are 'so much better' than pubbies in most of these games is that goons usually communicate and work together to a certain extent.

Plus the useful spergs who dissect the game until they understand it better than the developers, then explain it to the rest of us. We seem to be a bit short on those guys this time 'round.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Angela Christine posted:

Plus the useful spergs who dissect the game until they understand it better than the developers, then explain it to the rest of us. We seem to be a bit short on those guys this time 'round.

we had a ton of spergs, but they kept to themselves in true libertarian fashion and then hosed off to wicked

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

we had a ton of spergs, but they kept to themselves in true libertarian fashion and then hosed off to wicked

lol

the free market bought krogger's e-gf that armor & weapon in alpha

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

lol

Yeah I was gonna say, most of those types gquit around the time SCT went pirate.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I can think of a bunch of games where goons work together well and have lots of fun without to much drama but I don't think many of those groups started with the plan of "Give everything you earn to this 1 guy, trust us".

How do the EVE goons handle this stuff?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I was under the impression that ArcheAge is a game where if you just work together and have enough CC you can kill anyone because 90% of the game is landing CC so all the spergs probably burnt out and had an existential crises when they realized all the number crunching in the world couldn't outdo a league of scrub characters with chain style kung-fu league of characters with witchcraft and occultism.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Digital Fingers posted:

Goons are just pubbies who gave lowtax 10$. We're not masons or blood brothers or w/e and Games and LP is the biggest source of new members for the forums.

My post was pointed at anyone in GS who still thinks goon communism is workable after all the goonfucking and splintering that has gone on. If you wanted that poo poo to work it would have had to have been a tax because even if a goon took the treasury and high tailed it it would have been a pretty small percentage of what you guys are able to bring in.

Kimsemus' plan of not giving a gently caress and just playing to have fun and make people mad is the only realistic plan you can have when it comes to coordinating with goons.

Actually the real problem is when you run headfirst into the big question: what would goonunism accomplish that isn't just as easily accomplished with everyone keeping their own packs? The major problem seems to be goons don't have enough gear, and "funneling all the money to one guy so he can maybe buy gear for them if he doesn't goonfuck" is a very bad idea compared to the much simpler "people keep their money and spend it on gear".

Also goons don't build things, we take them and destroy them. Why the plan was ever to build our own castle instead of take someone else's is beyond me.

Edit:

bathroomrage posted:

I was under the impression that ArcheAge is a game where if you just work together and have enough CC you can kill anyone because 90% of the game is landing CC so all the spergs probably burnt out and had an existential crises when they realized all the number crunching in the world couldn't outdo a league of scrub characters with chain style kung-fu league of characters with witchcraft and occultism.

This is how we won fights at all in early age of wushu. We had piles of new players who went royal guard and just pulled people off of horses and beggars to get them all drunk so they couldn't fight back, then we stole all their books and made everyone in the game hate us.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Digital Fingers posted:

I can think of a bunch of games where goons work together well and have lots of fun without to much drama but I don't think many of those groups started with the plan of "Give everything you earn to this 1 guy, trust us".

A bit of luck, trial and error, and pubbies from eve becoming goons. (see dbrb)

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

I think repurposing Goon Squad into a roaming mercenary force aimed at annoying/hassling anyone and everyone would be a good time and a good fit for our current situation.

This. A thousand times this.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Bauxite posted:

Actually the real problem is when you run headfirst into the big question: what would goonunism accomplish that isn't just as easily accomplished with everyone keeping their own packs? The major problem seems to be goons don't have enough gear, and "funneling all the money to one guy so he can maybe buy gear for them if he doesn't goonfuck" is a very bad idea compared to the much simpler "people keep their money and spend it on gear".

Also goons don't build things, we take them and destroy them. Why the plan was ever to build our own castle instead of take someone else's is beyond me.

Edit:

This is how we won fights at all in early age of wushu. We had piles of new players who went royal guard and just pulled people off of horses and beggars to get them all drunk so they couldn't fight back, then we stole all their books and made everyone in the game hate us.

Sometimes getting something to fewer people is more beneficial than everyone getting it at the same time later, but we're well past the point where it matters. Also a not insignificant amount of the castle materials were from scamming pubbies or something

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I lost interest in goons building a castle around the time that I saw it was planned to protect some other guild and let them get a castle before we got ours. Also when there was talks of goons getting multiple castles. Both were atrocious ideas.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Digital Fingers posted:

Eve has some pretty sophisticated guild ("corporation") mechanics, allowing for communal assets and fine-grained control over who has access to those.

Guilds in Archeage are not much more than a glorified IRC channel. I guess you could have a family for the guild management, with the guild bank being a property set to family-only access, but that's still not much better than "give everything to this one guy", since any member of that family could still steal it all.

Basically:

CompeAnansi posted:

I think repurposing Goon Squad into a roaming mercenary force aimed at annoying/hassling anyone and everyone would be a good time and a good fit for our current situation.

Zizi posted:

This. A thousand times this.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Group up and gently caress poo poo up until we had a solid voice, and that solid voice should be "continue to gently caress poo poo up."

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I've seen predictions about how long it'll take for the first guild to get a castle, ranging from 90 minutes to as much as 8 hours if all anyone does is fight each other. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If it goes much past 5pm PST I probably won't get any land up there since I have to sleep for work. My struggle :negative:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ruffz posted:

I've seen predictions about how long it'll take for the first guild to get a castle, ranging from 90 minutes to as much as 8 hours if all anyone does is fight each other. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If it goes much past 5pm PST I probably won't get any land up there since I have to sleep for work. My struggle :negative:

It's going to be a chaotic mass of reds and greens, with purple goons in the middle. If I don't see a goon going to jail every 5 minutes, they're doing something wrong.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Bauxite posted:

The main issue with our taking a castle from someone else is we have a dearth of mages in the guild. We need to have at least 50 people with maxed out Sorcery/Occultism + heroic cloth/plate in order to have a shot at winning sieges. AoE CC & Damage wins sieges. We can get there eventually, but for now I don't think we should even worry about trying to do sieges and just roam around having our fun by annoying pubbies.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

This thread is sure quiet considering a major update is expected to drop in the next hour. Are we gonna be on Mumble to try to coordinate getting goons some land?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

ruffz posted:

This thread is sure quiet considering a major update is expected to drop in the next hour. Are we gonna be on Mumble to try to coordinate getting goons some land?

pppfffftthahahthahahhhaha

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You all better take screenshots so I can laugh at how dumb this is all going to be.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

pppfffftthahahthahahhhaha

Yeah what was I thinking, goons don't organize in this game.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ruffz posted:

Yeah what was I thinking, goons don't organize in this game.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CompeAnansi posted:

The main issue with our taking a castle from someone else is we have a dearth of mages in the guild. We need to have at least 50 people with maxed out Sorcery/Occultism + heroic cloth/plate in order to have a shot at winning sieges. AoE CC & Damage wins sieges. We can get there eventually, but for now I don't think we should even worry about trying to do sieges and just roam around having our fun by annoying pubbies.

We may have a lack of mages, but once people get to 50 it isn't really that difficult to skill up other trees or even go archemaster just with crafting or whatever. We have at least 6 weeks before we can even attempt a seige, which is more than enough time for everyone currently active to get whatever skills they want.

Gear could be more of a problem. All the archers likely have leather, and leather is the least-good armor for mages. Still, with a bunch of 50s it shouldn't be hard to get at least GHA gear and Hasla weapons for every class you care to take.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isn't the game supposed to be back now? Where is koreagame?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Can you deconstruct the fancy pack that is needed for the castle?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Can you deconstruct the fancy pack that is needed for the castle?

No idea, but I'm sure you'll be able to dance next to it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Is the land gone yet? I bet all the land is gone.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Axel Serenity posted:

Is the land gone yet? I bet all the land is gone.

the servers arent even back up yet lol

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

They consistently go several hours over on routine scheduled maintenance, it shouldn't be surprising that servers aren't up yet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Server up.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

the servers arent even back up yet lol

Axel Serenity posted:

I bet all the land is gone.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
awesome, the gods have disconnected you...every single time you try to get on the server.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Rivarz posted:

awesome, the gods have disconnected you...every single time you try to get on the server.

Some people have stated that they've had to restart their computers. It worked for me, at any rate.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

balistafreak posted:

Some people have stated that they've had to restart their computers. It worked for me, at any rate.

Isn't working for me but if you have the problem might as well try.

Potatoman
Dec 23, 2008

Ugh... I just.... I don't...
Is this just America goons or is there any eurogoon presence? :gonk:

Potatoman fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 5, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll get this thread moving again

*ahem*

Iceland.

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!

Rivarz posted:

Been getting this now for the past half hour. Apparently some servers are working and showing high capacity but most show "ok" and are disconnecting people as soon as they try to join.

Once again Trion outdoes itself.

eta: Now it just says "Login Failed" when I launch the game. Keeps getting better.

KimJongUnstoppable fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 5, 2014

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
Currently have one 16x16 each in both Wicked and Forestcrow zones. I'm not sure whether I want to keep them for :reasons: or just sell them. Probably just sell them because I need the gear, buuuuuut...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The people (hackers) that dont have to use hackshield dont have any problems logging in because hackshield only affects legit players. I didnt even have to reset

• Locked thread