Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

What does the paper in the top left of the character select screen mean?

For one of my characters it's this, but for everyone else it's blank.

Couple of pages back, but the star is from beating the boss rush room.

I've also got a heart and an upside down cross with Isaac. I beat Mom's Heart and Satan respectively to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Turns out the throwable bomb doesn't mix well with ghost tears

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I don't even know what's going on anymore with this run, but I one-shot everything and seem to have obtained a LOT of items I don't recall picking up... ever...

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Probably already mentioned before but, really amused that it's still called the "Steam Sale" on the ps4 version.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Everyone's favorite room is back!

:argh: :argh: :argh:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Cobalt60 posted:

I don't even know what's going on anymore with this run, but I one-shot everything and seem to have obtained a LOT of items I don't recall picking up... ever...

Congrats on having a trillion square foot screen.

e: thanks :v:

I can't get back on my computer for the rest of the night and I'm dying look at all these posts.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kurtofan posted:

Turns out the throwable bomb doesn't mix well with ghost tears
It has a really wonky visual glitch when combined with Flat Worm where it flattens and stretches super far as it flies

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

IronicDongz posted:

It has a really wonky visual glitch when combined with Flat Worm where it flattens and stretches super far as it flies

I need to see this now.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

Actually, serious question: How do you display the "FULL" load-out? My little post-in note in the pause screen is full, but not displaying all items.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Red Mundus posted:

Just a head-up I don't know if it's been mentioned but Monstro's lung is bugged to hell and certain item combinations will basically end your game by making it impossible or near impossible to shoot. I had to re-start because I picked up an item somewhere and it took over 10+ seconds for my shot to charge. I would avoid it if possible for the time being.

Yep. I had a six second charge time.

Small Room, lots of jumping monsters = Run Over.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Whew, in my first full run I got Ludovico Technique, the goat head thing, Guppy mode, and some other damage up stuff. Still not clear on what all the astrological signs do; waiting patiently for platinumgod.co.uk to update with em >:I Anyway Mom got rocked

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sanctum posted:

Everyone's favorite room is back!

:argh: :argh: :argh:
And everyone's favorite missing pill!

Cobalt just got a Guillotine and it is loving with his gameplay so much. Pro troll item for sure.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Whew, in my first full run I got Ludovico Technique, the goat head thing, Guppy mode, and some other damage up stuff. Still not clear on what all the astrological signs do; waiting patiently for platinumgod.co.uk to update with em >:I Anyway Mom got rocked

I know that the second Zodiac sign you have (the Balance one) seems to reorder your stats and items. Usually I end up with a buncha keys and bombs and tear rate but lose out on attack power because of it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jfc I got so much good poo poo on this run

Mom went down like a chump.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Ugh kinda mad. Whatever item that is a proc to teleport to a random when you take damage just screwed me out of my first mom's heart kill. Only need a few more tears to kill her and I got teleported out from taking damage. What item was that, anyone know?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

CrashCat posted:

And everyone's favorite missing pill!

Cobalt just got a Guillotine and it is loving with his gameplay so much. Pro troll item for sure.

What's the Guillotine?

Also, I found a couple types of secret rooms that run:

One that appeared under a rock, and went down a ladder (side-scroller style for an interim screen), then had something between a shop and a devil room

Another secret room in the womb had red dots on the floor, and a bunch of items, but when I got a few of the items, the whole floor reset.

Whatever, weird as gently caress but I killed the heart and I think maybe I was indestructible somehow - If I got hit, my red hearts turned to grey then... back again? And I was guppy, too. Insane. Love this game.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

IronicDongz posted:

Also, first Guppy run! :toot:

Still just as good. Now for the other transformations, whatever they are.

I got guppy on my 4th run, although I'm not sure what the 3rd item was cause it def wasnt dead cat or the tail and I had picked up the head and paw. Guppy's swinging tail was so :3:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I went into a dice room with a shitload of powerups and it randomized them, suddenly I was pissing yellow brimstone out of both my front and back and had a bunch of different minions from what I had before. So awesome.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Oh, looks like you can bomb the donation machine to take out the money donated in previous runs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kurtofan posted:

I need to see this now.
just recorded it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2CjUa3k1A
Wanna see if other worm trinkets gently caress up bob's head as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know how to unlock Judas this time around? Just completed the Womb and he didn't unlock so I have no idea. Also, has anyone unlocked the new secret character yet?

EDIT: The extra damage from Bob's Brain is nice but I wish I could see the cooldown timer on it so I don't keep accidentally using it on close enemies.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 5, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
The new items are so awesome!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

shield bullets are incredible.

also is anyone finding it hard to see things like mom's shadow when she's about to stomp? not sure if turning up the gamma would help

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Guppy's head is REALLY powerful on Azazel.

Also, on my first game I got a mom kill. On my second, I didn't, but I did get a chest kill.

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.
Azazel + Tammy's Head is an amazing combo. In fact, Azazel is pretty good overall. Flight + Mini Brimstone + 3 black hearts + can get red heart containers. He's overall, a much better ???.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The almighty brimovico technique :stonk:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Azazel is really strong but balanced by how loving ANNOYING the sound for his laser is. I'm playing him for the first time right now and I'm just taking my headset off because I can't take that noise anymore.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Be really loving careful about using the D10 against Gemini while they're still connected if you don't have any other items. :gibs:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Be really loving careful about using the D10 against Gemini while they're still connected if you don't have any other items. :gibs:

Does each link in the chain connecting them count as an enemy or something?

Speaking of the D10, I want to see someone do it against Teratoma/Envy.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

RatHat posted:

Does each link in the chain connecting them count as an enemy or something?

Speaking of the D10, I want to see someone do it against Teratoma/Envy.

Yes. Yes it does.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I've been watching a stream and someone was calling the D10 the Dio and suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Against my expectations my first attempt at Hard mode turned out to be a success as well, although I did actually die twice but was saved by being Lazarus and Guppy. :v: Hard mode seems a lot more interesting than normal, although the real late game might be pretty brutal. Didn't get any crazy combos or anything, just a cat man doing cat things and shooting max power tears while flying around.

I call him Catarus.

E: Oh right, Sheol is already available from there. Guess it's not over yet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This game feels a lot easier than the old one, I think it's mostly due to how powerful some of the new items are. I haven't reached the cathedral or chest yet though, and there's also hard mode.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Yes. Yes it does.

I can't wait to see what happens to Larry Junior.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what does hard mode actually change? Also do we know if there are unique rewards for it yet?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

RatHat posted:

So what does hard mode actually change? Also do we know if there are unique rewards for it yet?

Seems to be more/harder enemies at least. And yeah, there are hardmode-exclusive unlocks afaik.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
When you get Guppy you unlock a challenge where you start with Guppy and Guppy's hairball, but you can't shoot because you have a blindfold on. So you have to beat things to death with Guppy's hairball, but you do start with plenty of health (3 of each heart type). I managed to get through that one on the first try. Fortunately, I found a Bible so once I got to Mom I got a free win.

Spent a good bit of time playing it today and my stats so far are 3 mom kills, 3 deaths and a streak of 3. I've killed Satan twice as well but that didn't count into the Mom kill total.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The music is starting to grow on me after a few more runs. I'd pay for DLC of the old music though.

How's the game run on Mac?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I never thought I'd say this, but the Magician Card was just incredibly helpful for me. It plus brimstone made the post-mom boss rush trivial.
Also, brimstone+ the brimstone follower is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Little Blue Couch posted:

Haha holy gently caress, i was a wizard at the old game and now i'm completely loving lost. This owns

I am definitely pleased with the amount of new poo poo they added to the game. I guess knowing the old game inside out does help some though, because I killed mom on my first run and the cathedral boss on my second.