Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CornHolio posted:

So, is a 20-year-old dealer serviced Toyota actually a new Toyota, Ship of Theseus style? :v:

Tried it with a rover. failed appropriately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

jammyozzy posted:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't no toilets/no drinking water big enough H&S violations for everybody to go home?

Civilians? Probably. Military? Ha. Unless the power is out all day, you're here.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

keykey posted:

Can't you just walk into a bank and ask for uncirculated bills though? Or have these people never heard of a bank?

Star Notes are errors.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Star notes replace misprinted notes and usually misprinted notes are in batches so if he got 6 star notes with consecutive serial numbers it stands to reason that there probably were more (however many are on one sheet before being cut)

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
http://jalopnik.com/ken-blocks-gymkhana-7-car-is-a-monstrous-845-hp-awd-196-1654509975

poo poo. I'd pay for a few laps in an empty parking lot with this thing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Finally found a girl on an online dating website who I really mesh well with and she doesn't have a car nor a job. gently caress my life.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Finally found a girl on an online dating website who I really mesh well with and she doesn't have a car nor a job. gently caress my life.

Give in and go for it. My wife didn't get her license till last year due to anxiety issues. She's the same age as me.

She's a Biochem major.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

We'll see what happens. She lives an hour away and I am super lazy. My anti-depressants essentially killed my sex drive altogether so there's not a strong urge to go and bang her like my roomies are telling me to do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

We'll see what happens. She lives an hour away and I am super lazy. My anti-depressants essentially killed my sex drive altogether so there's not a strong urge to go and bang her like my roomies are telling me to do.

Quit the drugs for a few days so you can bang the poo poo out of her at least one time.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lexapro withdrawls and suicidal thoughts suck rear end, no thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well poo poo man. Tat loving sucks.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Baller Witness Bro posted:

http://jalopnik.com/ken-blocks-gymkhana-7-car-is-a-monstrous-845-hp-awd-196-1654509975

poo poo. I'd pay for a few laps in an empty parking lot with this thing.

What.

The.

gently caress!

quote:

Take a 1965 Ford Mustang, Add a Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8. Add a six-speed transmission. Add all-wheel drive. Add paint and bodywork that make it downright terrifying to look at. You get The Hoonicorn, Ken Block's ride of choice for the seventh installation of his Gymkhana insanity-fest.

My boner needs no explaination.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

What.

The.

gently caress!

My boner needs no explaination.

I want to know how they made it AWD.

And honestly, while its an neat concept, I really don't care for Gymkhana. Partially because of Ken Block. Partially because....I dunno, its just a lot of drifting.

That being said, I would like to see an Audi S1 do Gymkhana.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Looks like the engine is slightly behind the front axle, so probably something similar to a pickup/suv transfer case and irs front diff.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

jamal posted:

Looks like the engine is slightly behind the front axle, so probably something similar to a pickup/suv transfer case and irs front diff.

This http://www.hotrod.com/news/ken-blocks-gymkhana-seven-mustang/ article shows a picture of it and says that it is a "SADEV SC90-24/170 six-speed sequential transmission"

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What's up lexapro buddy? I missed two days of pills and I got a nasty headache and just felt mentally wasted.

It's going to suck coming off this poo poo some day.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Well, November is seemingly better than last month, just got an acceptance call from Harvard for an MBA extension program for next Fall.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I want to know how they made it AWD.

Pretty easy in this case, the engine sits behind the front diff and the gearbox has a transfer case.

quote:

This http://www.hotrod.com/news/ken-bloc...-seven-mustang/ article shows a picture of it and says that it is a "SADEV SC90-24/170 six-speed sequential transmission"

And this just makes the boner harder.

What I like even more here is at on the first glance you think this would be highly complex and difficult to achieve, but the car builders have kept it simple and clean. The only thing that I would have done different is the main hoop and bracing would be hosed in a rollover but the fact is that the chances of a rollover in anger is seriously low and it's not a rally car or a wheel to wheel racer so.... eh.

Love it - cant wait to see it in action.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
If anyone wants to die a neat car, there's a Jaguar XJS v12 for sale in the next town for $2500.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

General_Failure posted:

If anyone wants to die a neat car, there's a Jaguar XJS v12 for sale in the next town for $2500.

One of the few cars genuinely improved by a LS1

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cat Terrist posted:

One of the scores of cars genuinely improved by a LSx

I agree.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just give it a try anyway and see how it goes. I didn't get my license until I was 19 because of anxiety issues.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What's up lexapro buddy? I missed two days of pills and I got a nasty headache and just felt mentally wasted.

It's going to suck coming off this poo poo some day.

Whenever I skip a dose, I feel like my brain is getting tons of tiny electric shocks and my mind feels like everything is slowing down.

I doubt that I will ever quit taking drugs because I can't function without them.

keykey, congratulations! That's quite impressive.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Cat Terrist posted:

One of the few cars genuinely improved by anything else

That's more like it :colbert:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cat Terrist posted:

One of the few cars genuinely improved by a LS1

I can say this is true as an owner of a XJS with a SBC.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I went like 5 days without Lexapro this summer and it was total poo poo in every aspect.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

AI November Chat: Self medicating with Pills, Porter & Pulls.

Cheby is happy today. I topped off the fluids (was already non-Dexcool before I got it), and I can't get it to act up. Still getting new plugs and wires, anyhow. JFC GM used like 5 clips to hold the dash on, and nothing else. No wonder all of that cheap plastic rattles and squeaks. Glued together a couple of cracks in the console, and painted over some exposed metal after using both a rubber mallet and a ball-peen to knock the bottom of the driver door into a closer-to-what-it-should-be shape.

Other than needing a general cleaning inside, it doesn't need much else. The 5.7 has so much room in that thing that it is almost a pleasure for basic maintenance- as long as I can avoid the evil injection spider.

E: Found the original window sticker $22,332.60 off the lot. :v:

E2: Is that Dumbs' Truck, or Dumb struck? Doesn't matter. That name may fit. Haven't decided what to do with the wheels, but if this weather holds, they're going to be painted. They're oogly.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 5, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
When it works the spider injection isn't bad.

It's just an utter oval office when it breaks. But there's a conversion if you were to hang on to the truck for some time.http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/Vortec_spider_fuel_injection_conversion.html

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I honestly didn't realize until just now that the Audi RS5 was normally aspirated (that, or they have a turbo engine that redlines at 8,250 RPM.)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Maximum height warning on hotel's underground parking: 6'0"

Height of Ford Expedition: 6'5"

:staredog:

Luckily, with me sat in it, the suspension compresses enough to give 1/4" of clearance.

Also, I may go for a wander if I run out of things which interest me in DC. Anything good, or any AI goons, within day-trip distance of the capital?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

iwentdoodie posted:

From experience on ships, a tankless upper decker is when the toilets don't work so people poo poo, layer toilet paper, and so on until it's at the lid.

From experience on ships, a tankless upper decker is when the vacuum toilets don't work properly and poo poo pours out of them and all over your bathroom floor (and then slops around your bathroom until it spills over onto your carpet).

I guess if your poo poo made it to a toilet on the deck above, that would be a true 'upper decker'

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

From experience on ships, a tankless upper decker is when the vacuum toilets don't work properly and poo poo pours out of them and all over your bathroom floor (and then slops around your bathroom until it spills over onto your carpet).

I guess if your poo poo made it to a toilet on the deck above, that would be a true 'upper decker'

Never had to deal with a vacuum system on my ships, thankfully. Then again also never had carpet or a bathroom I'd call my own.

I have, however, blown two decks of poo poo all over the COs at sea head.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Okay so upper decker apparently doesn't mean unflushed toilet so lets google that and......

(Reads about making GBS threads in upper tank)

Okaaaaaaay............ ummm..... good to know I guess?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
loving election...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

loving election...

What's the deal with those things anyway? Seems like we're getting one every other month! That's big government for ya!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Welp, no medical weed for me. The amendment recieved 57% of the votes for yes, but it needs 60% to pass apparently. Because :florida:. Oh well, at least I get another 2 years of pro and anti weed messages on my TV and Radio.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Elmnt80 posted:

Welp, no medical weed for me. The amendment recieved 57% of the votes for yes, but it needs 60% to pass apparently. Because :florida:. Oh well, at least I get another 2 years of pro and anti weed messages on my TV and Radio.

It's okay, my state went basically all Conservative Republican so we get to remain really backwards :v:

At least we got our minimum wage bump so it's $8.25/hr now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cat Terrist posted:

Okay so upper decker apparently doesn't mean unflushed toilet so lets google that and......

(Reads about making GBS threads in upper tank)

Okaaaaaaay............ ummm..... good to know I guess?

Sometimes Cat I wonder if you are truly Australian. Haven't done a top/upper deck or reverse kanga...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Sometimes Cat I wonder if you are truly Australian. Haven't done a top/upper deck or reverse kanga...

By that logic I'm more of an aussie than cat is.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Do I dare ask what warped thing a reverse Kanga is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Cat Terrist posted:

Do I dare ask what warped thing a reverse Kanga is?

It's when the 'roo is on top but faces away from you

• Locked thread