Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

HS is more dangerous than COM, so if com mobs were a problem, that might not be a better alternative.

I meant grouping in HS, and previously soloing in CoM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Dustoph posted:

Oh, well then yeah that'd go pretty well!

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Jesus 6 books? I know you're in it for the money, but maybe you could hook me up with one? Been trying to get mine for like three weeks now. My first p99 character, so I'm not sitting on 25k to buy an MQ with.

Yeah just look for Push in game and i can get you sorted, Looted the book on many diff chars when farmed some exp up there. Not exactly in it for the plat, but it doesn't hurt. Books for me are easy to come by so I can MQ one for ya NP.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Dustoph posted:

HS is still very dangerous for groups, and a horrible zone to CR in. But...the XP mod is excellent. South is a lot harder but really good item drops. West is possibly the best XP in game for a group.

What's your name?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Dustoph is my shaman. Are there any good solo spots for my level without the epic?

Edit: I forgot I had started my epic when I was playing, and that's why I remember CoM. I think collecting the book pages was the last stage of my epic I left off at. I think it's groups and raids from here on out.

I'm also still using my Tainted Battleworn Morning Star that a good helped me get around level 14 when I first started playing. I think it's awesome. Could have been aparmenideanmonad that got it for me.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Pilsner posted:

Alright goons, my map tool is 99% finished. I need a little help to get it completely done. The way it is able to automatically switch map when you zone is by scanning your log file for the "You have entered _____" message, and I need to know the precise zone name in order to make it work. I've visited the zones I can via lvl 1 chars and my main, but I can't travel easily nor to high level zones. I've created a little spreadsheet and would appreciate it if you can help fill it out:

Bit of an older post to reply to, But I originally helped another p99'er with something similar in VB to read basic /log files and update but it was very crude and sloppy. I like yours a lot better, The only difference I had on mine(I don't run 2 monitors so I can't just put it on another screen and spam loc to update constantly. Have you thought of adding some sort of transparency slider with a overlay lock onto EQ? For example once the character log was selected, and map found. I could tab into EQ and then click on the eqmap and hit F11(what I had it bound to) and it would overlay the screen at like a 40% opacity thus locking the map over your EQ window. Here is an old screenshot from like a year ago but you get the idea, Also a neat function to copy might be not only to show your loc but also be able to enter another loc and have it show up in a different color(like this image below I pasted) For some people I would love to hand this program out to, and already am doing so to people who cannot navigate zones properly or find certain NPCs in outdoor zones.

In green, You could enter the location of a spawn point or quest monster etc and hit map lock and it would show on the map where it is relative to your current position(my blue square standing right on top of it at the time)

Also to go OT from maps, I probably need to talk to Yevea or someone about the slamdunkatron/EL merge/raid thing. Because I am completely down for raiding on my SK though I don't really need loot it is always fun and I am around a lot. Just a few details need to be worked out I am sure you can understand due to the KC pvp we had the other day. I am unsure how certain people may feel ie thinking im spying and what not.

It isn't really a big deal, but I would indeed like to continue playing with goons as currently God's Work is getting stuff done here and there but we have not opened our doors for recruitment so I have a lot of free time while waiting to see what happens serverwise. EL does look like a promising 3rd guild. I will look for you in game when after I sleep some and figure out what can work, I don't mind staying in slamdunk if it comes to it.

But I can guarantee no one from GW's would interfere with a EL raid but as far as holo goes that is completely out of my hands as I have no say over what they do etc.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pwnz0r posted:

Bit of an older post to reply to, But I originally helped another p99'er with something similar in VB to read basic /log files and update but it was very crude and sloppy. I like yours a lot better, The only difference I had on mine(I don't run 2 monitors so I can't just put it on another screen and spam loc to update constantly. Have you thought of adding some sort of transparency slider with a overlay lock onto EQ? For example once the character log was selected, and map found. I could tab into EQ and then click on the eqmap and hit F11(what I had it bound to) and it would overlay the screen at like a 40% opacity thus locking the map over your EQ window. Here is an old screenshot from like a year ago but you get the idea, Also a neat function to copy might be not only to show your loc but also be able to enter another loc and have it show up in a different color(like this image below I pasted) For some people I would love to hand this program out to, and already am doing so to people who cannot navigate zones properly or find certain NPCs in outdoor zones.

In green, You could enter the location of a spawn point or quest monster etc and hit map lock and it would show on the map where it is relative to your current position(my blue square standing right on top of it at the time)
I thought about the transparency thing, I'll give it a shot and see. :)

The extra loc thing is a good idea, for when you read about something being at a certain loc on the Wiki or Alla. I'll put it on the TODO list.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pwnz0r posted:

Also to go OT from maps, I probably need to talk to Yevea or someone about the slamdunkatron/EL merge/raid thing. Because I am completely down for raiding on my SK though I don't really need loot it is always fun and I am around a lot. Just a few details need to be worked out I am sure you can understand due to the KC pvp we had the other day. I am unsure how certain people may feel ie thinking im spying and what not.

It isn't really a big deal, but I would indeed like to continue playing with goons as currently God's Work is getting stuff done here and there but we have not opened our doors for recruitment so I have a lot of free time while waiting to see what happens serverwise. EL does look like a promising 3rd guild. I will look for you in game when after I sleep some and figure out what can work, I don't mind staying in slamdunk if it comes to it.

But I can guarantee no one from GW's would interfere with a EL raid but as far as holo goes that is completely out of my hands as I have no say over what they do etc.

I think this would be simple to do. I've mentioned to them that we have goons spread around the server in different guilds, and they are friends to us still regardless of where we are tagged. All it would take is me telling them you're being invited and the situation (being that you're from GW, and a goon, want to raid and help out, without bullshit) and I doubt they'd have issue. Since I have officer status, I can really invite anyone from SLAMDUNKATRON and bring them over under the basis of you being one of us, GW affiliated or not. So long as it doesn't lead to GW suddenly contesting our raids, doubt it'd be difficult to convince them.

I think EL does have a good chance at being the third guild between AZ and Holo. We still assist and take assistance from AZ when we need it (we couldn't break into fear, they sent a group up to clear port house and rez our cleric then left), but there is a very well known idea that soon as we are able to stand on our own, we will be competing with Azrael for targets. Whenever AZ asks if we have a few people interested in joining them (Trak the other day) it's under the basis of learning us the fights so we can eventually do it ourselves. They also share loot with us to help bridge the gap between only the 20-30 of us vs some 50 holo getting whatever target they choose for weeks now. We're pretty much only on planar clearing levels / some epics at this point, so grabbing Trak scraps is an amazing treat (one of our bards got the SS BP that dropped).

The guild has not yet downed a Dragon, and I don't think they've done CT or Inny either, but I could be wrong on that. Just feels like the overall experience level of most in the guild is 'this is my first time here!' every time we go up to a plane. We made our first two attempts on Fay the other night, but found out we were too low level / lacking enough MR on clerics to get it past 70%. We're basically all < 55 save for a very small handful of people, so that's something we are focusing on this upcoming week.

The KC pvp was just me from EL, was a group of Azrael, Free Agents, and myself. Akinn was in FV as I was waiting for a boat and asked if I'd come bard them around. I've known the guy since I first started here, I xp'd up with him on my cleric Naeyi for some 30 levels and the dude seems a decent person. He's very loyal to people he considers his friends, so I join up with him every so often to learn some pvp. I enjoyed my first 55+ pvp group encounter, albeit short lived considering the 2:1 but was fun running around a swarm listening to Samsung (Sektor?) yell at people for being out of range.

If anyone is still in SLAMDUNKATRON and wants to come over, just let me know. Apologies for not being around on Fizzpop lately, when I get off work there is usually some kind of raid or epic group forming up and I can't not help people.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pilsner posted:

I thought about the transparency thing, I'll give it a shot and see. :)

The extra loc thing is a good idea, for when you read about something being at a certain loc on the Wiki or Alla. I'll put it on the TODO list.

New version is excellent. I like the idea of setting a loc. Personally I've survived off using /loc until this map came along, but being able to set a waypoint would be nifty.

Howling Stones map is scaled way too large. I'll take a screenshot next time I'm up there, but it could probably use a 50% reduction to image size to properly line of the position.

Everfrost doesn't load on zone, prompts the same error. From logs: [Wed Nov 05 12:27:52 2014] You have entered Everfrost.

I know there were a couple others I ran into, but forgot to write it down at the time.

Oh, could you add: as an alternate for Traks Tooth? This map is incredibly beneficial while doing the Forager / Hunter cycle. I've basically got it memorized at this point, but referencing it is very handy when you get turned around or are learning it still.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

onesixtwo posted:

New version is excellent. I like the idea of setting a loc. Personally I've survived off using /loc until this map came along, but being able to set a waypoint would be nifty.

Howling Stones map is scaled way too large. I'll take a screenshot next time I'm up there, but it could probably use a 50% reduction to image size to properly line of the position.
That's odd, I double-checked the image data and it is correct. The creator must have made a mistake in the loc mark grid... Try taking a screenshot and see if you can estimate what's wrong, perhaps each grid is 200 locs instead of 100.

quote:

Everfrost doesn't load on zone, prompts the same error. From logs: [Wed Nov 05 12:27:52 2014] You have entered Everfrost.
I just noticed this too, will include a fix in the next update. For now, you can rename the files named "Everfrost Peaks1____" to just "Everfrost1___" (both .jpg and .txt files).

quote:

Oh, could you add: as an alternate for Traks Tooth? This map is incredibly beneficial while doing the Forager / Hunter cycle. I've basically got it memorized at this point, but referencing it is very handy when you get turned around or are learning it still.
Sure, will do in a future update.

For now, you can add it yourself by saving the image as "Trakanon's Teeth2.jpg" in the \MapData\05Kunark directory, and make a copy of the "Trakanon's Teeth1.txt" file and name it "Trakanon's Teeth2.txt". Boom, you should have an alternative map to click on.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 7, 2014

Video Game Aspie
Dec 29, 2011

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 9 years!)

How hard would it be to try and farm one of those Solist's icy wands? I'm only level 6 right now on my wiz in Crushbone, but when I get around the appropriate level I was thinking of heading to Kurn's for a while to try and get one of those wands in addition to some XP, as the 3k-4k prices on the wiki isn't really something I could afford at lower levels when it would actually be useful.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Video Game Aspie posted:

How hard would it be to try and farm one of those Solist's icy wands? I'm only level 6 right now on my wiz in Crushbone, but when I get around the appropriate level I was thinking of heading to Kurn's for a while to try and get one of those wands in addition to some XP, as the 3k-4k prices on the wiki isn't really something I could afford at lower levels when it would actually be useful.
Skip farming it, just level. It's pretty drat rare.

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
Thanks Niedar for tagging my 25 cleric Sobriquet to Slam today. If anyone is in range and wants to group send me a tell!

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta get my human druid in dunkatron at some point. Her name? Inthepipe Fivebyfive.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ok gotta rage at classic EQ for a bit. Please indulge me:

I died to a level 34 Oggok bouncer... as a 41 monk with Wu's Quivering Staff, 5/55 rings, and a bunch of other fairly decent monk gear.

Why? Why did this happen? I have Mend skilled, I have Disarm skilled, my Flying Kick is maxed, all of my defensive and offensive stats are at their caps.

Whyyyyy!?!? :argh: (Do EQ mobs just get a lot tougher in later levels? Is this normal?)

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Are you using Intimidation? If not you should be.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Yea, to solo even somewhat efficiently as a level 47 monk on mobs 10 levels lower than me I have to use intimidation and some are harder than others of course.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Siets posted:

Ok gotta rage at classic EQ for a bit. Please indulge me:

I died to a level 34 Oggok bouncer... as a 41 monk with Wu's Quivering Staff, 5/55 rings, and a bunch of other fairly decent monk gear.

Why? Why did this happen? I have Mend skilled, I have Disarm skilled, my Flying Kick is maxed, all of my defensive and offensive stats are at their caps.

Whyyyyy!?!? :argh: (Do EQ mobs just get a lot tougher in later levels? Is this normal?)

I played a monk in Classic, and yeah that sounds about right if you're not fearing him. It does, in fact, keep getting worse the higher level you get. I hit 60 soloing the mid-40s bats in Naggy's Lair, had epic + Stave of Shielding + Fungi + Cloak of Flames etc etc and it still wasn't just super easy.

It's almost not worth even soloing as a monk unless you do it in outside zones and fear kite due to the getting your rear end beat part

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

41 is a little low for oggok guards.

I wouldn't recommend anyone soloing bats in solb. Those things are loving brutal. Also yes, mobs have way more HP / stats than players do. It's why enchanter pets are such great things to use, they hit harder than most players, and have way more HPs since they are balanced around a party of 6 fighting them.

Monk solo just fine, it just requires patience and intimidation to land multiple times a fight.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, it would be a lot better as well if I had Bind Wound past 200 because a lot of times its not really safe to fight at 50% HP but it would be safe at 70%.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

onesixtwo posted:

I wouldn't recommend anyone soloing bats in solb. Those things are loving brutal.

That was THE monkly-business-approved solo monk location back then when we were all clueless :3: In hindsight yeah that's an awful place. Especially when the named spider with the soul-crushing poison spawns and paths right on top of you.

You're absolutely right about being able to bandage to 70%. It helps a TON. Once you get Instill Doubt maxed and can bandage to 70%, you can solo with pretty much no downtime other than bandaging.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, of course Intimidation matters. The one skill I don't have leveled. :sigh:

I hate leveling it. It takes so long for the animation to complete. That's also why I haven't used it in fights because that animation lowers my DPS (I think?)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Animations are VERY-loosely tied to what you're actually doing. It has no actual effect on DPS whatsoever, so mash it like hell.

Depending on how close P99 followed the classic mechanics, it's also loving HORRIBLE to level, because it only checked for skill increases when you actually landed the skill AND it was against something high level enough to give XP. Seriously brutal to level from scratch unless they'll let you /duel someone and spam it on their pet, which you could do for a while on live. Worth it though, since it's the key to soloing effectively 100%

Edit - also make sure you're really close to the mob. Some mobs with bigger hit boxes have auto attack ranges that're bigger than ID's, so it'll fail even though you're still punching the fucker. You also can (and should) keep spamming it even once one lands, because you can keep triggering it and refreshing the fear before it wears off

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 11, 2014

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MrTheDevious posted:

Animations are VERY-loosely tied to what you're actually doing. It has no actual effect on DPS whatsoever, so mash it like hell.

Depending on how close P99 followed the classic mechanics, it's also loving HORRIBLE to level, because it only checked for skill increases when you actually landed the skill AND it was against something high level enough to give XP. Seriously brutal to level from scratch unless they'll let you /duel someone and spam it on their pet, which you could do for a while on live. Worth it though, since it's the key to soloing effectively 100%

Edit - also make sure you're really close to the mob. Some mobs with bigger hit boxes have auto attack ranges that're bigger than ID's, so it'll fail even though you're still punching the fucker. You also can (and should) keep spamming it even once one lands, because you can keep triggering it and refreshing the fear before it wears off

The change to Intimidation was made on P99 a little while ago. Now it'll skill up against anything from any range but there's a significant delay between pressing the button and the effect firing off. I have a macro that'll FD, stand up and then ID for skill-up purposes when I'm running around. You could also load up Autofire and let it go overnight and wake up to it maxed out.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
I don't how it was on live but on this server you can target any NPC and skill up using it no matter the distance they are from you.

edit: beaten

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That's an incredibly awesome change. Just autofire it overnight and wake up to a whole new solo experience

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Any suggestion for what specialization is best for a Magician ? I'm leaning towards evocation as I expect I'll be grouping more in future so won't be doing a lot of chain summoning or pet healing.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

ID is indeed great, people on the forums even say it's overpowered compared to how it was in classic times.

The worst thing about it is actually being able to hit the feared mob. Due to the absolutely poo poo combat/hitbox mechanics of EQ it's incredibly challenging to keep attacking the mob as it's fleeing. It's very easy on giants with large hitboxes, which makes ID kiting giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains, for example, great. It's super tough on small mobs though. I've found that strafing alongside the mob makes it easier, but when pathing makes the mob turn all the time, it's hell. Still, you take no damage while the mob is feared, so worst case you're just increasing your kill time a bit.

Also Siets, try seeing if you can upgrade your weapons. I have two Stave of Shielding, and they are the best possible DPS you can get pretty much until Epic/VP, only sliiiiightly eclipsed by Adamantite Club in mainhand once it starts proccing at level 50. I paid 2k per SoS. Don't listen to people saying Peacebringer or T-staff is better.

Monk soloing isn't "good" like a Necromancer, but it's doable, particular as an Iksar, but it requires some gear of course. Monks are conditionally great soloers, but only against no-caster mobs that are barely blue or high green. If you find a spot with mobs like that though, we can keep going forever. It's particularly great if you can reliably kill them with 50% HP, and there's a Bandages merchant nearby.

Still, I'm having fun. Currently grinding at level 37 in South Karana, which is actually an amazing zone. You can go from level 20-40 ish there, and there are merchants both in the north (centaur) and south (aviak) that you can use (the aviak one has Bandages). Aviaks and centaurs come in a wide level range, and are non-kos. Gnolls are higher level, and can drop Fine Steel. Elephants and other random animals can also be good XP. Plus, I love the mystery of SK with all its named. My luck in there has also been ridiculous - twice I've run into Quillmane by sheer luck, and twice has the cloak dropped. The druid who was on his 18th consecutive Feathered Leggins drop wasn't too happy when I killed the last one. :P

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
yev can you get out of bed already so I can finish my epic

goddamn west coasters I swear

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hesh Ballantine posted:

yev can you get out of bed already so I can finish my epic

goddamn west coasters I swear

i'm east coast :colbert: but yea i'll log in now.

also I forgot to get your oracle robe. oops.

Edit: gently caress azrael. EL and AZ alliance is bullshit. Heshling and I got to the Oracle spawn a minute too late, and an epic AZ shaman looted the robe for his friend's vanity set. lovely, awful, awful stats, but having a robe to RP in is more important than our alliance getting another rogue epic'd apparently.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 11, 2014

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There's no 24/7 Chardok AE on Red (you'd stun/murder your own group) so SoS's are actually expensive there.

Pilsner posted:

only against no-caster mobs that are barely blue or high green
This changes once you get epic. Melee push being what it is on P99, if you rock naked epic fists (9/16) plus a decent haste item and epic haste click, casters pretty much never get a spell off.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 11, 2014

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Are you Zliz/Zilz on blue? If so, hurry up and get 40 so I can power level you to 46. Already getting another goon 40-46 tonight.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

i'm east coast :colbert: but yea i'll log in now.

also I forgot to get your oracle robe. oops.

Edit: gently caress azrael. EL and AZ alliance is bullshit. Heshling and I got to the Oracle spawn a minute too late, and an epic AZ shaman looted the robe for his friend's vanity set. lovely, awful, awful stats, but having a robe to RP in is more important than our alliance getting another rogue epic'd apparently.

Yeah that guy was a diiiick. What's worse is I probably can't be on when it repops, hopefully you can?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Yeah that guy was a diiiick. What's worse is I probably can't be on when it repops, hopefully you can?

Yeah I've got an alarm set, I'll get it for you. I'll try keeping kean camped there to get you out, but he isn't mine so I can't promise he won't be moved after robe is looted.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
On the intimidation side, one thing that I saw mentioned in a lot of old guides that isn't true on P99 is that you have to have your special attack button up when the kick happens. Since it doesn't matter what the state of your special attack is, just use intimidation all the time.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

There's no 24/7 Chardok AE on Red (you'd stun/murder your own group) so SoS's are actually expensive there.

Generally they run 20-25k on the WTS advertisements, but you could probably get one a bit cheaper with haggling.

Siets, the biggest improvement in my ability to solo was getting a sash of the dragonborn (7.5 to 8k). FBSS works too and is much cheaper (maybe 4 to 4.5k), but harder to find on red. Before haste I couldn't solo the Solusek kobolds in the royals area of sol b, but I could afterwards. After the haste, the next thing I think I'm doing for DPS will be an Imbued Fighters Staff just because it's a lot better for jousting than a peacebringer or 1h weapons.

Personally, I just skipped worrying about all that stuff until the 50's because I didn't have the money. Grouping in CoM if you're good at pulling and have an efficient group means about a level an hour (two hours for 45) as long as you don't get ganked. You can just bind right outside to deal with that. Realities of CoM mean that the rate I mentioned isn't really sustainable, but sometimes (weekend mornings, quiet weekdays) you can keep it up for a couple of hours.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
So I have a question on the topic of the Monk epic about Robe of the Lost Circle. It seems that you can either do the quest to get the robe or you can kill one of the two Brothers which drop the robe. The quest seems like it would take more time to do especially if you are unlucky so are these Brothers easily killable or would we need like more than one group?

Relevant wiki link: http://wiki.project1999.com/Monks_of_The_Whistling_Fist

Niedar fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 11, 2014

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

Niedar posted:

So I have a question on the topic of the Monk epic about Robe of the Lost Circle. It seems that you can either do the quest to get the robe or you can kill one of the two Brothers which drop the robe. The quest seems like it would take more time to do especially if you are unlucky so are these Brothers easily killable or would we need like more than one group?

About a week ago I participated in the killing of Qwinn for one of the other EL monk's epics. It requires a couple groups in the 50s with CH chains going and a high level warrior. Qwinn/Zephyl are beasts that can quad for 250-300. With all 60s you probably don't need as many people.

Jinouga/Ashenden and I did it the hard way, but we were both fairly lucky on Targin/Raster spawns which can cause a big headache. You're probably better off asking for help with a kill if you haven't started the quest already now that we've merged with EL.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, I have not started it at all. I have not even done anything for those Headband quests so that is probably what I will end up doing thanks.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Yeah I'm Zliz.

Xantares posted:

On the intimidation side, one thing that I saw mentioned in a lot of old guides that isn't true on P99 is that you have to have your special attack button up when the kick happens. Since it doesn't matter what the state of your special attack is, just use intimidation all the time.
Even further, you can fire off ID while stunned, facing the other way and/or even while feigned next to the mob! I don't know if it's a bug or not. It also has a larger range than normal melee, so it's easy to re-apply while kiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Yeah I'm Zliz.

Even further, you can fire off ID while stunned, facing the other way and/or even while feigned next to the mob! I don't know if it's a bug or not. It also has a larger range than normal melee, so it's easy to re-apply while kiting.

Hot drat I didn't know you moved to P99, yay! I just started after the abomination TDS was on live. I have a lowbie enc and necro, can't decide which one I want to play :( Will be cool as poo poo to play with you again sometime though :v:

RE: Bro Z - just kill him, it's insanely faster than camping that poo poo. Raster will make you hate life

• Locked thread