Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Anything out of Iowa yet? Their polls should have just closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

smackfu posted:

Courant has higher reporting numbers, for some reason. 48% and practically tied.

Without knowing where the votes are from, it's useless.

Yeah, the New Haven Indepedent has NH results up and Malloy won by basically the same margin as 2010, so dear god let's hope NH's votes are not part of the total yet.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mitt Romney posted:

You might regret that if the GOP ends up with all 3 branches with 2016.

I give that better than even odds if they manage to field Bush. Even odds if they field Christie.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
The three things I am hoping for now are a LePage defeat in Maine, and the legalization of marijuana in Oregon and Alaska.

Come on, give me some good news!

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hagan down by 48k with 6% left

Even though what's left is more blue than not... I severely doubt it'll be enough.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You are talking about the state that brought us McCarthyism.

And Robert Lafollete :smith:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God damnit I cannot believe the margins Walker and Gardner are winning by gently caress this country

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Daily Show doing Lindsey Graham old tyme southern dandy jokes will never not make me laugh

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

The Glumslinger posted:

Cool, we'll set-up a triumvirate with NY and I guess Texas can come along too :rolleyes:

As silly as Californians are, Texas are, and forever will be, worse

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

queertea posted:

Is this just how Wisconsin is now? I always thought we had as much progressive cred as our neighbor Little Scandinavia to the west, but we've been royally loving it up pretty consistently now.

It's a matter of how many people get off their asses to vote in the midterms. A lot of the people that I knew at places I used to work just flat-out didn't, for whatever dumbass reason. I said it before, but it's worth repeating: the number of people I know in this state who just opted out of voting because 'why bother' is way larger than it should be.

I hate my (and the younger) generation.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Colorado's personhood amendment has been defeated soundly.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Godinster posted:

am I a sociopath for watching TYT

Only if I'm a sociopath for spite-reading Daily Kos to see where they put their cute little "GOP is dead forever" dinosaur that they made during their idiotic victory lap in 2008.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chamale posted:

Anything out of Iowa yet? Their polls should have just closed.

Their polls closed an hour ago. Braley is up by 1.5% with 27% reporting, so nobody knows.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Shear Modulus posted:

Guys Sierra Nevada Celebration is really good

Like basic they know how to make a seasonal good, or something that really stands out good, or something that happened to come after a bunch of other drinking good?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
FART NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bizarro Watt posted:

As silly as Californians are, Texas are, and forever will be, worse

Yeah, but between the three states, we make up most of the population that matters (gently caress off florida, you had your chance)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What's amendment 1 in Tennessee?

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Please keep your criminal justice system as far as possible away from the rest of us.

Considering Prop 47 will likely pass, this isn't as much of a thing as it is these days compared to other states

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If Joni Ernst is elected. The Ernst/King tag team will only be rivaled by the Cruz/Gohmert. I hate my state right now and if I didn't work tomorrow would finish all the alcohol in my house.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alexzandvar posted:

The only thing keeping me from drinking now is the knowledge that Republicans cannot stop the passage of time and 2016 will still happen

Watch the Dems lose in 2 years. It'll be glorious(ly depressing).

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Daily Show doing Lindsey Graham old tyme southern dandy jokes will never not make me laugh

They would seem cheaper if he weren't a public figure with decades of clear behavior as a southern dandy.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I give that better than even odds if they manage to field Bush. Even odds if they field Christie.

lol if you think the republicans will nominate a man who has not only touched, but hugged Obama. And by now the American public is allergic to to seeing the word Bush on a presidential ballot.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Gen. Ripper posted:

Wheee Brown projected to win in CA right out of the gate. Californians should just run everything.

Of course, everyone thought we were lovely 6 years ago with Prop 8 and Schwarzenegger still governor.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

Live Daily Show on now, guess I'll watch that.

Is there a stream for this?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

CrumFUNist! posted:

Too bad about the personhood person though.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Tom Emmer, the guy that lost to Mark Dayton in MN back in 2010, picked up Michele Bachmann's former seat. How did he do that? By completely avoiding the spotlight and not letting people point out how twisted he is! :v:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I can understand how someone might be against, say, abortion.

I cannot understand people who vote for people like Rick Scott Walker.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JosefStalinator posted:

http://www.cc.com/events/live-election-night/live.html

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So what's Obama to do for the next 2 years?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CrumFUNist! posted:

Don't worry. Pro-lifers can still potentially count on the amendments in ND(?) and TN to get them the SCOTUS case they so desperately want.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

It kind of is structurally gerrymandered since like two thirds of the US population is in like 10 states but a bunch of empty land gets as many senators as all of eg California

Anyone have numbers or better yet a chart that shows population represented by D senators vs R senators?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

JosefStalinator posted:

http://www.cc.com/events/live-election-night/live.html

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Tom Emmer, the guy that lost to Mark Dayton in MN back in 2010, picked up Michele Bachmann's former seat. How did he do that? By completely avoiding the spotlight and not letting people point out how twisted he is! :v:

That district voted like 56% for Romney in 2012, the only way it would have been close was because Bachmann is so batshit.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
^^ I lived in that district up until a month ago and yeah, it's the West Virginia of Minnesota.

Harminoff posted:

Not give a gently caress. It's actually going to be kind of fun to watch I think.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Harminoff posted:

zakharov posted:

FART NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Harminoff posted:

The same thing he has done the last 4. Nothing

hoping he just goes full on troll the next 2 tho.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The AP called GA Sen for Perdue. No January runoff.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Harminoff posted:

Get drunk as gently caress in the oval office

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Harminoff posted:

:(:fh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Harminoff posted:

Call signing into law every Republican bill his "Grand Compromise".

• Locked thread