Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!

Magypsy posted:

Let's be honest, that and Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride are the only good parts of this year's Halloween update.

I did some calculations this past week and it turns out that Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride is mathematically the best cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Valve should make Haunted halloween items year-round and yellow-name versions Halloween restricted that way the pool of items is somewhat limited and the blue text means something, anyways that's my thought.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
Wearing a halloween cosmetic makes you see everyone else's halloween stuff, they always turn up in the killcam. There, I fixed it.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Here's the animation for that potential revolver primary I was talking about last page!

Also a TF2 update is incoming. :toot:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Magypsy posted:

Let's be honest, that and Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride are the only good parts of this year's Halloween update.

Gibus Strangifiers take a lot of the sting out of the bad map.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

That looks more like he's loading 2 shells into a double-barrel shotgun or something, maybe like quake/doom super shotgun?

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

TF2 Update posted:

-Added the 'Tomb Raider' tag to the item import tool
--http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=14855
-Added The Kritz or Treat Canteen to the Halloween 2014 Community Bundle
--Players who previously purchased the bundle have automatically been granted the item
-Fixed a client crash that could happen while the server was changing maps
-Fixed the Teleport spell not appearing in Helltower
-Fixed rare spells appearing in regular Helltower spellbook pick-ups
-Fixed disguised Spies not displaying the correct health value to enemies
-Fixed the Engineer not playing the proper response rules while using the Golden Frying Pan
-Fixed the Sniper getting stuck with a zoomed FOV after taunting while zooming
-Fixed maps not loading correctly in the SFM tool
-Fixed a bug in the Workshop import tool related to frame count calculation for taunts that were exported from the SFM tool
-Fixed the Demoman not riding in the correct bumper car position when holding two-handed melee weapons
-Disabled auto team-balance while players are in hell on Helltower and Carnival of Carnage
-Updated bumper cars to deal damage when hitting players not in bumper cars
-Updated the Necro Smasher so Strange parts and Halloween Spells can be applied to it
-Updated the equip_region for the Iron Fist
-Removed the smoke effect from the Tiny Texan
-Updated the Rescue Ranger so players no longer block its ability to pick-up buildings from a distance
-Updated sd_doomsday_event
--Fixed a bug where Merasmus's curses would trigger during the bumper car minigames
--Fixed players using the tiny-melee-only curse to get outside of the playable area of the map
--Fixed a bug with the Eureka Effect and with teleporters where players could escape being teleported to the bumper car minigames
--Reduced duration of the Monoculus spell from 15 seconds to 8 seconds
--Fixed players being able to construct buildings in the spawn areas
--Fixed Engineers not being able to build if a Merasmus curse is enabled while they were carrying a building
--Updated Merasmus's curses to remove all projectiles and sentry gun ammo when teleporting players to the middle of the map

Bug fixes galore and the start of the Tomb Raider cosmetic flood!

Edit: I say flood but I mean it lovingly. Looking forward to the scout's dual pistols and hot pants

Zero! fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 5, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Someone do what they said and put the heavy in short shorts.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Zero! posted:

--Updated Merasmus's curses to remove all projectiles and sentry gun ammo when teleporting players to the middle of the map

That's the key one here, I think. Shame it also'll get rid of the ability to pre-sticky.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Scyantific posted:

bare minimum fifty people are working on that

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

TF2 Update posted:

TF2 Update posted:

--Fixed a bug with the Eureka Effect and with teleporters where players could escape being teleported to the bumper car minigames

Nice changes to the Halloween map and bugfixes in general!

Funny how they'll bugfix the Eureka Effect but not revert its awful, awful stats. I mean sure you can use the Rescue Ranger to mostly get around the repair penalty. But upgrades taking extra time is just tedious and not worth it, I legit enjoyed using the previous no-hauling version when the situation called for it.

Engie getting a double-barreled shotgun would be pretty fun though! I've already got a hick loadout ready with the Last Straw, Gold Digger and potbelly misc :dance:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hoyt Hoyterson posted:

I did some calculations this past week and it turns out that Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride is mathematically the best cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2.

Oh hey it's someone who uses my forums name. Heya there, dopperlganger.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Vampiric Vestments and the Vampire Makeover clip with Das Blutliebhaber and that is criminal.

E: Also I guess you have two sets of fangs and that probably clips but loadout.tf has no way to get the medic to open his drat mouth

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

The way he's holding it looks like a shotgun.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

I was just thinking, there was also the double barreled pistol that miss Pauling uses in Expiration date:

I remember there was some speculation that this was a tease of a potential spy weapon, and recently I found out that somebody made a pretty nice looking model and even reload animation for a double-barreled pistol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps-8J0AbGkw
Its not the one the one from Expiration Date, still, wouldn't mind seeing this!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

khwarezm posted:

I was just thinking, there was also the double barreled pistol that miss Pauling uses in Expiration date:

I remember there was some speculation that this was a tease of a potential spy weapon, and recently I found out that somebody made a pretty nice looking model and even reload animation for a double-barreled pistol:

That's a derringer, it's tiny and the animation for the Engineer has him lifting something long up on a hinge after loading two separate chambers. It's almost certainly a break-action shotgun.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Reiley posted:

That's a derringer, it's tiny and the animation for the Engineer has him lifting something long up on a hinge after loading two separate chambers. It's almost certainly a break-action shotgun.

I wonder what the stats will be like.

+20% damage
-66% clip size

Probably something like that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

-66% clip size
-100% damage
i Your sentry targets whoever you shoot

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

khwarezm posted:

There are like three or four double-barreled derringer-style revolvers pistols on the workshop. The one in Expiration Date is here.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

-66% clip size
+fires minisentries

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
-66% clip size
-20% bullet spread
+Well all righty then!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Reiley posted:

:confused: I wasn't talking about the engineer?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

khwarezm posted:

:confused: I wasn't talking about the engineer?

Then maybe the Spy gets the derringer and the Engie gets a double-barrel, so they both have a 66% clip reduction. Maybe the Engie will get increased damage and Spy gets increased firing speed for their respective guns?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

UltraVariant posted:

Then maybe the Spy gets the derringer and the Engie gets a double-barrel, so they both have a 66% clip reduction. Maybe the Engie will get increased damage and Spy gets increased firing speed for their respective guns?

Maybe the spy will get piddling damage and only two shots in exchange for some other trade-off, marking targets and making them stand out through walls to your team? No wait, take the stats from the TFC tranquilizer pistol, and let chaos reign.

Give the engineer the soda popper.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 5, 2014

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Spy: -66% clip size
- Can't disguise
+ Feign death on shooting someone

Engineer: -66% clip size
+ Can literally kill fun

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Give the engineer the soda popper Force A Nature.

Would be pretty fun either way really if I'm honest, the FaN just has that extra "get off my lawn!" factor :v:

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Frankly posted:

Would be pretty fun either way really if I'm honest, the FaN just has that extra "get off my lawn!" factor :v:

The idea of an engineer FaN jumping terrifies me.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

What about an engy doing quintuple jumps with the soda popper and the resulting sentry placements?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Finally a double barrel shotgun. Hopefully it looks cool and doesn't have awful stats (lol).

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

khwarezm posted:

What about an engy doing quintuple jumps with the soda popper and the resulting sentry placements?

That would require the engineer to run more than 4 feet out of spawn and I don't really see that happening.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

quote:

-Updated the Rescue Ranger so players no longer block its ability to pick-up buildings from a distance

Engie mains rejoice!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

That would require the engineer to run more than 4 feet out of spawn and I don't really see that happening.

IIRC the soda popper charges faster the faster you move. So the best way to build it up is probably sentry jumping all around the map.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are like three or four double-barreled derringer-style revolvers pistols on the workshop. The one in Expiration Date is here.

Eugh, it looks like a Shortstop as a revolver.

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004

khwarezm posted:

No wait, take the stats from the TFC tranquilizer pistol, and let chaos reign.

The tranq pistol was awesome because it would annoy the poo poo out of people.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Idea working as intended :getin:

But yeah Engies getting easy mobility like that I don't see happening, they'd have to pass over a lot of maps with no-build areas or something to compensate

e: Really though it's for a 2-shot airstrike beacon (reloads the batteries or something), on hit it launches a dispenser at high speed from a passing aircraft. "We need a dispenser right here."

Frankly fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 5, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Scyantific posted:

"Daisy Darias".

Baron von Eevl posted:

-66% clip size
-20% bullet spread
+Well all righty then!

Don't that beat all!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im gettin a weird glitch since the update happened.

Yeah every time I kill someone they have two bodies. One that goes ragdoll and one that keeps running. It messes me up. Anyone else getting this?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Yep, except I have ragdolls turned off so I just get a body that stands in place when I kill someone. It's really confusing.

Also, carts don't heal anymore.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hihohe posted:

Im gettin a weird glitch since the update happened.

Yeah every time I kill someone they have two bodies. One that goes ragdoll and one that keeps running. It messes me up. Anyone else getting this?

This glitch was in mvm for a while. It was triggered by killing an enemy with an explosive. Looks like it's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Yep, except I have ragdolls turned off so I just get a body that stands in place when I kill someone. It's really confusing.

Also, carts don't heal anymore.

Tested this, it happens whenever the model would be gibbed. The doppleganger appears to continue doing whatever the model was when it died for about a second so if they're moving, they run in place for a second. It's incredibly distracting.

e: yeah if you kill them midair they float there in the flying position. This year halloween even provides ghosts! :D

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 5, 2014

• Locked thread